• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg
There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 63.
#501 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Someone posted a pic on facebook. Thing is so tiny. I imagine most will be adding the riser.
[quoted image]

That's ridiculous.

#502 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Someone posted a pic on facebook. Thing is so tiny. I imagine most will be adding the riser.
[quoted image]

WOW, that looks even smaller than I imagined. It really puts it into better perspective.

#503 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

[quoted image]

Would be curious as to what it's still like playing with the riser. It still looks short, but 1Up has shown that the controls are the exact height as most arcade units. But the problem that I saw was, the angle and placement of the monitor is not. So you'd still either be looking down at a steep angle of the monitor, or have to adjust your stance to bend down to get eye level with it.

#504 5 years ago

I'm trying to imagine three grown adults playing that Rampage.

#505 5 years ago

Picked up my preorder today, but I'm holding off on opening it, pending others reviews and unboxing videos. Seems a few people have had quality issues, and GameStop's return policy is shit, so I'll just sit on it while the first impressions come in from others first.

IMG_20180926_132310 (resized).jpgIMG_20180926_132310 (resized).jpg
#506 5 years ago

Unboxing and assembly

#507 5 years ago

This guy bought all 4 of 'em

#508 5 years ago

Big guy assembles Rampage in the smallest room in his apartment

#509 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

This guy bought all 4 of 'em

He must have lots of room. I have room for one, in an odd place. I will post a pic when I get it in and installed. If I got rid of a couple pins or my Area 51 I could get a couple more...Oh wait that will never happen.

#510 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Big guy assembles Rampage in the smallest room in his apartment

I can't help but think how many of those "K" pieces are going to get broken just hanging their while people put the LCD panel together. They really shouldn't have you put that piece in until you are ready to install the other side.

willbreak (resized).jpgwillbreak (resized).jpg
#511 5 years ago

There seems to be some concern that the graphics on the control panel will rub off easily. I wonder how difficult it would be to Mylar the controls before assembling

#512 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

There seems to be some concern that the graphics on the control panel will rub off easily. I wonder how difficult it would be to Mylar the controls before assembling

We used to Mylar the real arcade games back in the day.

Add a few cigarette burns on the Mylar, and it will be a very genuine experience.

#513 5 years ago
Quoted from racer_x:

I'm trying to imagine three grown adults playing that Rampage.

Make it happen!

short-term-rental.jpgshort-term-rental.jpg

#514 5 years ago

Supposedly they are aware and will be releasing a protector later to prevent this. Some people are spraying clear coat on the panels. Others reported issues with the spinner and trackballs and they are definitely not like the originals. Thinking the games with just buttons and joysticks might be safer bets. There is a group on facebook where people are posting as they get them. Their customer service is supposedly really good with regards to taking calls and sending replacement parts, however I heard due to the number of issues the backlog is 30 days on parts.

#515 5 years ago

I wound up pulling the plug on my order this week. The more i've been messing with NESpie, the less I feel I need to dive into these at the moment. Maybe next year though, as it sounds like they may have some good titles in the future lineup.

#516 5 years ago

This is such a POS....You guys constantly rag on Zizzles and Stern's "Home" pin....This is 1 million times worse, wtf??

#517 5 years ago

Shoot, I actually like my zizzle and think the home pin was a great idea but just priced out of its market.

My zizzle was perfect for my wife's 2nd grade classroom and my kids until they got big enough for the real ones.

Home pins are actually fun to play. If they could get them out the door for 2k NIB I actually think they would have sold well.

#518 5 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

You guys constantly rag on Zizzles and Stern's "Home" pin....This is 1 million times worse, wtf??

This is $299 toy.

So it's not going to have a $100 Happ trackball or a $129 weighted spinner.

#519 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

This is $299 toy.
So it's not going to have a $100 Happ trackball or a $129 weighted spinner.

Understood and I wasn't expecting arcade quality for the price but it seems the people buying these are and when they advertise the following I can see how it's misleading.

- Arcade1Up game cabinets look, feel and play just like the classic arcade games you remember.

- Authentic Arcade Joysticks, Trackballs, Buttons & Sounds

- True Arcade Tactile Feel - plays exactly as you remember

#520 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Understood and I wasn't expecting arcade quality for the price but it seems the people buying these are and when they advertise the following I can see how it's misleading.
- Arcade1Up game cabinets look, feel and play just like the classic arcade games you remember.
- Authentic Arcade Joysticks, Trackballs, Buttons & Sounds
- True Arcade Tactile Feel - plays exactly as you remember

Of course there are going to be people who have to be the first on Youtube to show they have it.

But regular single moms are going to try it, and if it plays how she remembers it, she's going to buy it.

She's not going to say, "Hmmmm, I remember the trackball being a 9oz ball, this seems like a 7oz ball....".

Just like guitars or pins or whatever, when someone remakes it, the "experts" come out and show their amazing knowledge; "The original guitar had a celluloid pickguard, this one is made of PVC !!!! I could not even play the instrument, the pickguard looked so different !!!!!! I really wanted to like it, but I returned it. Shame Fender! "

I would actually go to GS and play one before I bought it, as should anyone.

If it plays how you remember it, buy it. If not, leave it for the other kids.

Remember this Pacman2 game sold for $320 in today's dollars, and also advertised "authentic arcade action and control"; it did not even have joysticks or CRT, lol

hqdefkkault (resized).jpghqdefkkault (resized).jpg
#521 5 years ago

Remember this classic vid1900? I loved it as a kid. Probably because I am Canadian.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#522 5 years ago

Got mine today and put it together. Kids love it. Like a real arcade, cab was already scratched and dinged up. Kinda sucks being new but important stuff looks good and works. It's not as small as I thought it would be. Boys and I could all play together just fine. Riser would put it at a decent height. Might get that later. Just played it a little. Looks like you can only play two players in Gauntlet. Not sure why you can't do three players like in Rampage. Overall real happy with it. Looks like a real arcade and works great. Not as good as the real thing but pretty cool for what it is.

20180927_212013 (resized).jpg20180927_212013 (resized).jpg
#523 5 years ago

I have one on order, but it’s been delayed till next month for shipping. How many people who have received them have had damaged cabinets?

#524 5 years ago

I’m really interested in the Atari deluxe one from Best Buy. I already have a decent modified arcade stick for my PS4 to play Street Fighter, etc. But, playing Tempest and Centipede in the Atari Collection with a dual shock is not the same as a trackball and spinner. I wonder if you can swap the spinner with a weighted one.

As far as a seat, the Atari ones from the Pong Project would be perfect.

5C5C7AAE-142F-4EB8-8320-8942FEE95342 (resized).png5C5C7AAE-142F-4EB8-8320-8942FEE95342 (resized).png
#525 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Looks like you can only play two players in Gauntlet. Not sure why you can't do three players like in Rampage.

Because there is no 3-player ROM for the game. There's the original 4-player, and then they did a 2-player version for converting standard cabs.

#526 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Because there is no 3-player ROM for the game. There's the original 4-player, and then they did a 2-player version for converting standard cabs.

Makes sense. I'm not really huge on Gauntlet but lots of nostalgia with that game. All those 4 player games were really something back in the day.

#528 5 years ago

^ nice!

So it's an AllWinner A13 CPU @ 1ghz

Interesting idea that all the games are already flashed into memory, and solder blobs are deciding what it boots up into

#529 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

^ nice!
Interesting idea that all the games are already flashed into memory, and solder blobs are deciding what it boots up into

And if it really is solder blobs, some creative person should be able to hook a selector switch up to it.

#530 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

And if it really is solder blobs, some creative person should be able to hook a selector switch up to it.

You know kids are figuring out how to dump the code as we type.

#531 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Highly unlikely.

#532 5 years ago

At the price what the heck. I'll take a flyer and order one. Takes up very little space and can always be given to somebody's kids later if not enjoyed. But for the price I think it could be fun to have to put in an odd space in my pin area.

#533 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

^ nice!

Quoted from mattosborn:

Highly unlikely.

This method is used for the tiny retrocades that you get at walmart for like 30 bucks. I think its digdug, centipede, q-bert ect. I'd have to dig for the YouTube video. But basically each machine is loaded with all games then the board is switched to match the packaging.

#534 5 years ago

This method is used for the tiny retrocades that you get at walmart for like 30 bucks. I think its digdug, centipede, q-bert ect. I'd have to dig for the YouTube video. But basically each machine is loaded with all games then the board is switched to match the packaging.

There's a great video about it by some guy named Ben Heck, you've probably never heard of him though.

#535 5 years ago

Who the heck is he????

#536 5 years ago

Makes you wonder if anyone actually played these before they started shipping them out.

42713158_2324617854220535_7280805474729984000_n (resized).jpg42713158_2324617854220535_7280805474729984000_n (resized).jpg
#537 5 years ago
Quoted from racer_x:

Makes you wonder if anyone actually played these before they started shipping them out.
[quoted image]

Looks like a store display though. That would be the ultimate test of durability though. If it can wear out, it will on display.

#538 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Looks like a store display though. That would be the ultimate test of durability though. If it can wear out, it will on display.

True, but that's less than a week of use.

#539 5 years ago

Good thing it looks like an easy job to pull off the buttons and Mylar the artwork out of the box.

#540 5 years ago

Here ya go.

1. They suggest you apply a clear coat if your concerned.
2. This shouldn’t happen. Their 3 month warranty will cover this, if your graphics fade quickly.
3. Spare parts will be available
4. Moving forward their going to put a plastic cover over the controller

#541 5 years ago

So this is the box design? Looks like it belongs at the end of the aisle with the rest of the "As Seen On TV" products.

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg
#542 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Got mine today and put it together. Kids love it. Like a real arcade, cab was already scratched and dinged up. Kinda sucks being new but important stuff looks good and works. It's not as small as I thought it would be. Boys and I could all play together just fine. Riser would put it at a decent height. Might get that later. Just played it a little. Looks like you can only play two players in Gauntlet. Not sure why you can't do three players like in Rampage. Overall real happy with it. Looks like a real arcade and works great. Not as good as the real thing but pretty cool for what it is.
[quoted image]

I would be interested whether or not they are still playing with the machine 90 days from now.

In that photo, it appears to be very awkward and uncomfortable to play.

#543 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

So this is the box design? Looks like it belongs at the end of the aisle with the rest of the "As Seen On TV" products.
[quoted image]

Exactly.

It has to appeal to single moms, since that's 1/2 of the households.

#544 5 years ago

Here’s the first video I found with a raspberry pi installed inside. He used the same monitor with adding a lcd controller and new buttons and sticks

#545 5 years ago

Here’s the first video I found with a raspberry pi installed inside. He used the same monitor with adding a lcd controller and new buttons and sticks

*Knows how to identify chips that have had their ID's sanded off.
*Builds a Raspberry Pi into the Arcade1Up
*Replaces the stock joysticks and buttons with higher quality ones.
*Doesn't like the lit up buttons, and doesn't snip the LED out of them?
Lazy.

#546 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

*Doesn't like the lit up buttons, and doesn't snip the LED out of them?

You know he loves the lit buttons, but just did not want to catch ship from all the commenters below.

He can just pull the one connector if he actually does not like the LEDs.

71bAOm4udrL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg71bAOm4udrL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg
#547 5 years ago

That's not an arcade cabinet! THIS is an arcade cabinet...

cab (resized).jpgcab (resized).jpg

25" multi-sync CRT arcade monitor, stereo sound (with sub), thousands of game ready to play, weighs about 600 lbs. lol.

Seriously though, playing classic arcade games on a flat-panel display just makes me want to poke my eyes out. Give me scanlines or give me death!

#548 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Seriously though, playing classic arcade games on a flat-panel display just makes me want to poke my eyes out.

To be fair, arcade purists who have issues with that would also have issues playing emulated games via a "thousands-in-one" stuffed into a Gauntlet Legends cab.

#549 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

To be fair, arcade purists who have issues with that would also have issues playing emulated games via a "thousands-in-one" stuffed into a Gauntlet Legends cab.

I suppose. Different degrees of "purists".

For the record, I acquired the cab completely stripped from an operator who was about to throw it out, so it's not like I gutted a perfectly working game for my project.

#550 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Exactly.
It has to appeal to single moms, since that's 1/2 of the households.

Who's the other half of the households?

There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-/page/11?hl=loveneverdiesguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.