• 3,130 posts
  • 313 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6585496.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 12-57-52 Amazon.com Arcade 1Up William Bally Attack From Mars Pinball - Electronic Games Sports & Outdo
F&F1 (resized).jpeg
simpsons1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0267 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231124_150044.jpg
IMG_0969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0971 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0790 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
71242724819__B21E9205-4F6A-4D33-9A40-D6FEE92E83CC (resized).jpeg
image0 (9) (resized).jpeg
There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 63.
#451 5 years ago

Oh no! What will my friends and family think of me when they see this $300 mini-cabinet next to my real arcade cabinets, cabarets, and pinballs?!?!! I'm going to look like such a fool!! Not.

#452 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

So it would probably be prudent to wait 25 days until you can actually play them, THEN give a review if you discover lag in the system.

This is a bit of a problem. Not only is he correct that there will be more lag than an original system, it's common knowledge and universally accepted. Who here is able to dispute it properly? "You haven't played it yet" isn't nearly a good enough argument. It isn't up to people that think the Earth is a sphere to prove it, it's up to the outliers that think it's flat to prove it. With that said even under the extremely unlikely scenario that they are able to get frame accurate inputs on the emulation side of things, a simple spec sheet of the panel alone (just the panel... one component of many) will show you that yes there is going to irrefutably be lag introduced in the system by the hardware used in these vs an original system. Unless anyone here can show proof or even introduce reasonable doubt that they have devised a system which not only matches the inputs frame accurately, but also reduced it past that point it in order to compensate to perfectly matches the lag introduced by the panel..... Then yes it will introduce lag.

Yes I fully understand people here don't care. The point remains, he is correct. It's almost not even worth debating but if any of you feel up to it then have at it.

#453 5 years ago

Won't people just adjust to said lag?

#454 5 years ago

Yes, a lot of people are very adaptable to lag within reason (a couple of frames). It affects some people a lot more than others. My guess is the games aren't going to be so far out that the general public has a huge problem with the "lag" feeling or else they simply wouldn't release it because nobody would buy it. I think it's quite likely the case that people familiar with the games or familiar with gaming in general will notice. Lag is especially problematic on fighting games. With those games it doesn't just come down to the fact that you move the joystick and your character moves slightly later, it comes with the problem of inputs not catching on the correct frame and not executing combo moves. To demonstrate how this could be a problem check out the first few seconds of this video:

Now in the video if you notice the characters are essentially moving the same. By that I mean it isn't as is one character moves and then a second later the other moves. The more obvious problem though is that the input isn't be read correctly (specifically 5 seconds in) and is skipping the input on the frame that is needed to properly execute the fireball throw. Hopefully that gives a bit of an insight as to why even if you adapt to moving slightly later because of lag the game won't, and the gameplay will suffer because of it. Does that make sense? It has to do with how inputs are handled in the game not necessarily just the human component of hand eye coordination. We are talking about fractions of a second to allow the input to catch within the frame tolerance. In the video everything is synced up, the players are both moving the same, but one system is able to read the input correctly and execute the command and the one with lag is not. That is the game changer. It isn't that it only affects better players, just that it will stand out a lot more.

#455 5 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

This is a bit of a problem. Not only is he correct that there will be more lag than an original system, it's common knowledge and universally accepted. Who here is able to dispute it properly?

Same with pinball.

Very expensive (~$8000) toy, running emulation of the original code and processor.

If you can feel the lag, then you are stuck buying a 30 year old original, and keeping it running.

#456 5 years ago

I thought as far as the CGC remakes are concerned, that whole “lag” theory was completely debunked, was it not? I stopped reading that thread, so maybe it swung back the other way.

#457 5 years ago

Yes it was totally debunked. The remakes have the same if not even slightly less lag than the originals.

#458 5 years ago

Wonder if you hack a mini fridge into one of these like they are doing with the new namco pixel bash machines.

PMPB-Fridge-Mock_cupholder1 (resized).jpgPMPB-Fridge-Mock_cupholder1 (resized).jpg
#459 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Wonder if you hack a mini fridge into one of these like they are doing with the new namco pixel bash machines.
[quoted image]

That’s actually a decent use of that space. Haha.

#460 5 years ago

Has anyone seen a definitive preorder date for the Pacman cab? I've been browsing the YouTube channels, but not a lot of useful info.

#461 5 years ago

That mini fridge + drink holder is arcade cabs done right. Great use of space.

#462 5 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Has anyone seen a definitive preorder date for the Pacman cab? I've been browsing the YouTube channels, but not a lot of useful info.

No. It was just a rumor on one of the YouTube channels that have been covering Arcade1Up. It’s probably coming next year.

#463 5 years ago

I saw a review on the pixel ones before they did the fridge and said the joystick wasn't responsive enough. That's bad for something like Pacman. Anyone try one before?

#464 5 years ago

Overall review and observations from the Arcade Repair Tips guys, who were invited to the Arcade1Up offices to check them out...

#465 5 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Overall review and observations from the Arcade Repair Tips guys, who were invited to the Arcade1Up offices to check them out...

Watched it. The big thing I took away from this was the spinner on the Asteroids cab didn’t feel as solid as an original Tempest one. Which is a shame because that’s the big one for me.

Also, I messaged the company on FB about their joystick gates. They told me the gate on the Street Fighter was square which is more true to Japanese arcades as opposed to American ones that used octagonal.

#466 5 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

Also, I messaged the company on FB about their joystick gates. They told me the gate on the Street Fighter was square which is more true to Japanese arcades as opposed to American ones that used octagonal.

Wait what? What American street fighter game came with octagonal gates?
Happ’s don’t really have gates. Rather they have shaped actuators that don’t really act like gates. Comps are better for fighting games because they hit the corners better than supers. The more I hear about Arcade1Up the less I think they know about actual arcade machines.

#467 5 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

One of the youtube people has pics of a pacman + pacman plus arcade1up cabinet so it is definitely coming. I also read a rumor saying it would be a Walmart exclusive announced in October and also priced at $299.

#468 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Wait what? What American street fighter game came with octagonal gates?
Happ’s don’t really have gates. Rather they have shaped actuators that don’t really act like gates. Comps are better for fighting games because they hit the corners better than supers. The more I hear about Arcade1Up the less I think they know about actual arcade machines.

They didn't? Ok. Sorry. I'm really not an arcade guy. That's just something I read on an arcade forum about square vs. octagonal gates. All I know is I'm far too aggressive with the stick to do quarter turns with a square gate. I'll just stick to my Qanba Drone with a Sanwa stick to play SF on my PS3/PS4.

#469 5 years ago

IL eurosticks ftw

#470 5 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

All I know is I'm far too aggressive with the stick to do quarter turns with a square gate. I'll just stick to my Qanba Drone with a Sanwa stick to play SF on my PS3/PS4.

Unless you've modded that stick it's got a square gate, that's what stock on a Sanwa JLF.

#471 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Unless you've modded that stick it's got a square gate, that's what stock on a Sanwa JLF.

Yup, need to put a circled gate , Or if you preferred to fill every diagonal, there is a gate that has a notch for every angle, pretty nice if you’re trying to teach kids how to play fighting games.

#472 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Yup, need to put a circled gate , Or if you preferred to fill every diagonal, there is a gate that has a notch for every angle, pretty nice if you’re trying to teach kids how to play fighting games.

Nah, square gate is the standard for a reason. I'd advise just adjusting to it. Definitely not a ding on these cabs to come with square gates, I'd expect it. Almost anyone who's still playing Street Fighter is using a square gate, every single stick from any manufacturer, Hori or Razer or Qanba, (RIP Madcatz) etc, be it Sanwa or in-house lever, all using square gate unless you mod.

If you have a personal preference by all means switch it up though.

#473 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Swapped out the square with their octo. Very easy. Just pressure clips.

#474 5 years ago

I ordered the deluxe from Best Buy. It was scheduled to arrive no later than Sept. 24th. The update I received today now states no later than Oct. 16th.

#475 5 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

I ordered the deluxe from Best Buy. It was scheduled to arrive no later than Sept. 24th. The update I received today now states no later than Oct. 16th.

I received the same notice.

Previously, I had seen that the release date for the riser was Oct 15. So, maybe these deluxe units are delayed due to the riser?

No big deal. I figure it will give me more of a chance to see some reviews and decide if I want to cancel or not, before it ships.

#476 5 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Yep same here.

#477 5 years ago

Yeah got the same email from Best Buy. That said, Game Stop is still honoring the Sept 24th date for the two cabs I ordered from them.

#478 5 years ago

From Arcade 1up’s Twitter

E290B203-143C-4E8C-84E7-C40EB0B1636E (resized).pngE290B203-143C-4E8C-84E7-C40EB0B1636E (resized).png
#479 5 years ago

Oh brother. Leeches are trying to flip these already. $750

https://offerup.com/item/detail/536651388/

#480 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Same person is trying to flip a SNES classic for $150 when they are readily available now.

#481 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Oh man. This is why we can’t have nice things!!!

#482 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Same person is trying to flip a SNES classic for $150 when they are readily available now.

That guy needs to get a job.

#483 5 years ago

I can list one on eBay for $48,000, but that doesn't mean I'm going to get it.

#484 5 years ago

Glad there is such a huge demand. Love to see more of these things.

#485 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Glad there is such a huge demand. Love to see more of these things.

Yah, even if it’s just a flash in the pan and they’re gone in a couple years time. It will be cool to see how many different ones they make. The initial popularity will cause them to release a second batch, but I wonder how long they’ll be produced.

The company behind arcade 1 up is the same one as hatchamals, so I would expect a multi million dollar add campaign for Christmas.

#486 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

The company behind arcade 1 up is the same one as hatchamals

Oh, really? Didn't know that. Interesting. That gives me better hope for the product. I just figured it was just a couple guys who got the licenses together.

So that probably means, somewhat limited run for the rest of the year. Then the next year, all we'll see are these things. I swear, now that I seem Hatchamals all over the place, I almost think I should buy one just because it's what everyone was hunting for a couple Christmas's ago.

#487 5 years ago

They should make Hatchamal arcade cabs. You don't know which title you will get until you open the egg.

#489 5 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

They should make Hatchamal arcade cabs. You don't know which title you will get until you open the egg.

Don't give them ideas

#490 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

The company behind arcade 1 up is the same one as hatchamals, so I would expect a multi million dollar add campaign for Christmas.

Ah dang, now I have to rethink of these anymore. Those damn hatchamals took my daughter from normal to crazy! I swear they put crack into those dang eggs.

#491 5 years ago

Gamestop is giving trade bonuses if you trade current-gen game systems toward a 1Up pre-order. $250 if you trade in a PS4, for instance.

https://www.gamestop.com/trade

#492 5 years ago

Interesting.

All my Walmart orders have need delayed. Is EVERYBODY getting these emails? They said some people will still get them on time.

#493 5 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Gamestop is giving trade bonuses if you trade current-gen game systems toward a 1Up pre-order. $250 if you trade in a PS4, for instance.
https://www.gamestop.com/trade

Man. No credit for an Xbox 360 . Come on!

#494 5 years ago
#495 5 years ago

Lol. Yeah, cause trading in your ps4 will satisfy your gaming needs. Trade in a state of the art system capable of playing 100s of great games, for a mini arcade that can only play 3, 30 year old games.

But I'm sure Gamestop would gladly sell you back your PS4 for 50% more than what they gave you.

But.....I do have an xbone s that I rarely play and I think I got it during a black Friday deal for $250. I could technically break even.

#496 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Lol. Yeah, cause trading in your ps4 will satisfy your gaming needs. Trade in a state of the art system capable of playing 100s of great games, for a mini arcade that can only play 3, 30 year old games.
But I'm sure Gamestop would gladly sell you back your PS4 for 50% more than what they gave you.
But.....I do have an xbone s that I rarely play and I think I got it during a black Friday deal for $250. I could technically break even.

Agreed. I don’t know who this trade in “deal” is for but it isn’t me.

#497 5 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

Agreed. I don’t know who this trade in “deal” is for but it isn’t me.

Probably someone like me. I bought a PS4, GTA and Gran Turismo. I missed playing GT and GTA from my college days and wanted to get back into them. They botched GT by not allowing you to customize the cars as you did in the past and I hate the gameplay of the new GTA. Like the story line but hate the controls and how I can't customize them to meet my needs (have to pick from per-determined settings).

So at the end of the day i spent a lot of cash for a console and 2 games that i played 2 weeks and has bend sitting in a cabinet collecting dust for a year now

#498 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Probably someone like me. I bought a PS4, GTA and Gran Turismo. I missed playing GT and GTA from my college days and wanted to get back into them. They botched GT by not allowing you to customize the cars as you did in the past and I hate the gameplay of the new GTA. Like the story line but hate the controls and how I can't customize them to meet my needs (have to pick from per-determined settings).
So at the end of the day i spent a lot of cash for a console and 2 games that i played 2 weeks and has bend sitting in a cabinet collecting dust for a year now

I'll give you $10 for Gran Turismo. Been waiting for the price to drop on that game because of what I've heard they've done with it, but still hovering around $40.

#499 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

You just need one of these setups

20180910_173540 (resized).jpg20180910_173540 (resized).jpg
#500 5 years ago

Someone posted a pic on facebook. Thing is so tiny. I imagine most will be adding the riser.

42589140_10205174450557579_2671389415238008832_n.jpg42589140_10205174450557579_2671389415238008832_n.jpg
There are 3,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/299-new-arcade-cabinets-street-fighter-centipede-tempest-/page/10?hl=cocomonkeh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.