(Topic ID: 55448)

$29 Backglass LED (For Stern and tubed back boxes)

By Jean-Luc-Picard

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Rock914
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dimmer.jpg
light.jpg
genesis.jpg
Playboy_under_cabinet_leds.JPG
51JoJrOtF7L._SY300_.jpg
There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Not a kit it's a diy thats how I Rock. There is a lot of info to cover JLP. I will pm you with some detail tomorrow night i'm fairly busy. I can tell you that you will be able to pluck that tube out of tspp and smash it on the ground! This is way over beginner level btw.

Can you PM me the info on the diy under cab kit as well. I already bought the above led strings.

#52 10 years ago

I was talking about creating real lighting in a backbox with a translite but I will pm you the info on how to tie undercab lighting into game play. This is advanced in difficulty as well.

#53 10 years ago

Rock914, please pm me the info about creating backbox lighting tied to gameplay with the 5050s,. This is exactly what I want to do with my XMEN!

Quoted from Rock914:

I was talking about creating real lighting in a backbox with a translite but I will pm you the info on how to tie undercab lighting into game play. This is advanced in difficulty as well.

#54 10 years ago

Do I need to buy the power supply with these or do you just hook it into the Pinballs power supply?

#55 10 years ago

No power supply. To all who have pm'ed I will send info tonight. It will be done in mass due to the response and some questions may be forgot. Iill do my best.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

No power supply. To all who have pm'ed I will send info tonight. It will be done in mass due to the response and some questions may be forgot. Iill do my best.

please add me to the list.

thanks.

#57 10 years ago

I've been doing the same thing for a while now and want to take it to the next level by wiring smaller sections of the strips into the flashers and such. Anyone know for the RGB kits what combination of wiring will produce what colors? (eg: white, purple, etc).

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#58 10 years ago
Quoted from Dante:

I've been doing the same thing for a while now and want to take it to the next level by wiring smaller sections of the strips into the flashers and such. Anyone know for the RGB kits what combination of wiring will produce what colors? (eg: white, purple, etc).

It's RGB, so you just need to look at an RGB calculator to give you a rough idea of what power you need from each color. For example, a shade of purple would be full power on the red and blue LEDs, with none on green. Really unlimited colors are available, you just need to play with some resistors to get the color you want.

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

So you don't need a separate power cord/supply? Do you have pics on how it would hook into the pinball machines power supply?

#61 10 years ago

Please add me to that PM list. Thanks!

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

It's RGB, so you just need to look at an RGB calculator to give you a rough idea of what power you need from each color. For example, a shade of purple would be full power on the red and blue LEDs, with none on green. Really unlimited colors are available, you just need to play with some resistors to get the color you want.

Thanks Wolfmarsh, that makes sense now and I'll play around with the calculator that you had mentioned.

#63 10 years ago

If you want any help calculating resistor values for a specific color, I can probably help get you close (youll have to tweak a little for the exact shade you want).

#64 10 years ago

Well I hope that pm will help some of you. Its a lot harder to explain than I thought it would be.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 18.95
$ 45.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 218.00
6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/29-backglass-led-diy/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.