(Topic ID: 7168)

28 of top 200 pins are Sterns from past 10 years

By HighProtein

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2Pac_-_I_Ain_t_Mad_At_Cha_(Single)_-_1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 12 years ago

Statistics can be strange, looking at it a different way makes them look more impressive as 8 out of the top 30 are Sterns.

It is also true that 8 out of the top 50 are Sterns

Hardly surprising as there is no other competition at the moment.

Quoted from HighProtein:

Very few modern Stern's to me will be classics

I disagree. It takes about 10 years for the those who are playing them on site now to want to re-visit their past.
    In the 1980's the classics were Fireball and Tommy
    In the Early 90's the classics were games like Fathom and Centaur
    In the late 90's everyone wanted T2, Creature and AFM (edit: sorry I meant TAF not AFM)
    by the time you hit 2008 everyone wants MM, CV and CC

but only time will tell for sure.

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

I think a better way is to see where a Stern machine averages in the top 200. I added up all the rankings (3097) and divided that by the number in the top 200 (29) and got.... 106.79. So the average Stern is not in the top 100.

Stop messing with my brain.....

1 week later
    #26 12 years ago
    Quoted from DrAzzy:

I think this John Borg guy is going places. It's a pity he was with DE in the 90's instead of B/W - looking at what he's been doing since Stern has been upping their game, he could have made some real badass pins if he was at B/W.).

Yep JB was involved in all my favourite DE games G&R, JP, SW, Frankenstein etc. Then he was at Sega and Stern during their "black years". It's good to see him get rewarded with some decent themes and resources at last.

#29 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinballslave:

and there's no cows!

That is a major issue, bring back cows! I think there is a seperate post there.

Quoted from pinballslave:

I think Sterns have some quality issues and lack an attention to detail that B/W seemed to thrive on

Yes but the production costs have changed e.g. the price of metals like copper. If B/W were making games not they may not be the same as in the past or may be significantly more expensive.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/28-of-top-200-pins-are-sterns-from-past-10-years?tu=emo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.