Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by goatdan
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pmwolf.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 11 years ago

Are you sure the display is bad?

I've had two Batman Forever's that the display liked to blank out on because of inconsistencies in the power supply. (Not a solid +5v through the connector as it ages).

There is a fix, and a way to re-wire it. http://www.sternpinball.com/downloads/sb106.pdf

Again, this might not apply to you. Generally this helps the oversize displays that are "blanking out" sporadically.

Just worth a shot before you invest a lot into a new display.

Batman Forever is a really good game. It is certainly worth trying to get fixed.

Pete

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

Ok, you may just have an issue with the PS or the 5v connector on the DMD controller may need to be repinned. I'm guessing PS issued, as the latter still gives you the rom version, then goes black.

You will want to explore this before spending the $$$. Look at the PS where the connector for the DMD connects. Check all the voltages on the DMD, and if one is missing back track from there.

Agreed.

A completely 100% dead DMD could certainly lead me to believe that the problem is elsewhere. (Unless the DMD is visibly damaged).

Sure, if may truly be dead...but I'd want to track down some more info before I bought a new one.

Pete

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from BVM:Deleted post

You know, I should have you round up a container of £250-£300 Batman Forevers and ship it to me in the states.

Holy smokes...I'd make a crap-ton of money!!

Pete

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pmwolf.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/256x64-dmd-inside-batman-forever?tu=pmwolf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.