Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by goatdan
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atomicboy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 11 years ago

BVM doesn't have a clue what he is talking about, as usual. BF is a great machine. The large display is pricey, and the issue with these segas that had it. I have a new extra one I got off a guy on RGP when I had a BF for a back up. I keep meaning to sell it.

I bought it for $350, you can have it for that plus shipping if you want it. I was keeping it for another large DMD machine if I came across one, but that is unlikely at this point. I believe through MAD is $450 plus tax and shipping. For an extra $50, I'll throw in another one I have with two lines out and some minor gassing. That should keep you safe for a long time.

As for repairs, if there is a line or two out, that is one thing, but the repairs would still like be $100-$200. If it is gassing, there is no repair. Even with a line out, it may be in your interests to buy another anyway, as I don't expect them to be available for too many more years.

#13 11 years ago

I don't know. I don't sell much, I'm a bit of a hoarder. I can find out if you want. pm me with your address, and I'll call and get a price.

What is wrong with yours anyway? Is it gassing?

#16 11 years ago

Ok, you may just have an issue with the PS or the 5v connector on the DMD controller may need to be repinned. I'm guessing PS issued, as the latter still gives you the rom version, then goes black.

You will want to explore this before spending the $$$. Look at the PS where the connector for the DMD connects. Check all the voltages on the DMD, and if one is missing back track from there.

#19 11 years ago

You will need to verify all the voltages to the DMD. Do you have clay's guides? I'm on my work laptop now, so I can't post a link.

- If you're missing a voltage, it may be an easy fix.
    - If the voltages are all there, it may be the DMD controller board (they can go as well)
    - It could be the ribbon cable from the DMD controller to the display.

These are things you want to check.

#32 11 years ago

Clay - I'm assuming you meant the 192x64, and if so, wow, that would have been great for anyone with one of these to ensure longevity.

#40 11 years ago

Ok, thanks Robin for re-opening this post for the op. Again, send me your email, I'll send you what you need to check the voltages at the display, and we will go from there, back to the PS, and determine what is wrong.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atomicboy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/256x64-dmd-inside-batman-forever?tu=atomicboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.