(Topic ID: 229328)

$2.50 per game. What's the most you ever paid?

By ThisNotes4U

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 109 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by bob_e
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181025_154059 (resized).jpg
    20181025_145245 (resized).jpg
    20181025_145227 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider diospinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 5 years ago

If I'm going to plunk down anything more than a dollar(and i think that is extreme for some titles, but reasonable for the new stuff), then I better have a guaranteed ball time or length of play. I know a lot of places charge a dollar for Ghostbusters and while I love that game... I'd lose my shirt if I played it on location. I mean... A game of that for me, if they have no ball save timer can be around a minute...
    And generally I do need about 3-4 plays on a game to get the feel for it... I personally wouldn't mind like 7 plays for 5 dollars. Or something like that. OR the 3 plays for 2. But, again need some guarantee about ball times.
    And I think if pinball on location prices itself out of play... Then that's bad long for this hobby. This hobby needs youngblood. And not much of that going around.

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

It's not a binary thing. I've run into people in this area that actually DRIVE to play the pins I help with since they're almost all Premium or LE and in perfect working order (all with Color DMD, too). They can't get anything close in their town. Some use the new pins we have out as their test drive to see if they want to get one for home, too. Just having the OPTION of playing it for $1.66 or $2 is worth it when the premium end of pins are so crazy expensive and you want a better idea before dropping $8-$10k on your own.

And I agree to you.. .That 2 or 5 dollars per play is peanuts compared to what I've spent even on my cheapest of pins... But, still... If I pay 15 dollars to go see a movie... And I can get cheaper tickets depending on when I go... Then I at least get 90 minutes of entertainment.
    So... If I pay 15 dollars and only get 10 minutes of play... Then I'd be pretty pissed.
    I also have a rule about the money that I spend. I like at least an hours entertainment for an hours wage. That way I can make sure my party time and work time balance out nicely...

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

If you pay $15 under the theoretical $5/3 premium machine pricing, you'd have 9 games. You're saying you'd get a bit over 1 minute of play for every GAME (9 games/10 minutes)? 20 seconds per ball, including ball saves? In that case, I'd recommend going to the movies.

Not what I said.
    What I said is if I am going to spend 5 dollars PER GAME. Then it better give me long ball times.
    I said 1 dollar per game is a bit too rich for my blood... Yes... Laugh, as I have a maiden Prem and a Monster BashR LE coming...

But, those are assets and time playing a game for fun is fleeting.
    And its really only ghostbusters that I suck badly at.
    First time I played the hobbit I had like a 10-12 minute game... Maybe a bit longer... And I can go decent on a few others. But, again if the operator is cheap and stingy and no ball saves, and its a tough game. Then I'd walk away pissed and probably would stop feeding tables in the wild.
    Asking for 15 minutes per play is not reasonable. But, 5-7 minutes... For 5 dollars... For an average play. That isn't the worst deal ever. Which means spend a few more games and bring it up to 10-15 minute game times.
    But, again I think that pricing approach drives people away.

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bud:

Pinball on location is more than a hobby for the Operator and a massive investment. I see people go to locations that have expensive pins and complain about price per play while they are drinking a $5 beer, make no sense. Where else can you rent a few minutes of expensive equipment use for a few dollars?

Play more pinball and get better

I always strive to play better... Some games though just are not in my wheelhouse. I'm also not a bad player...I think I'm actually what you might consider a good pinball player. Not great. Far from it. But, I do from time to time put up my initials on machines. Was really proud of putting up the 3rd high score on the Sorcerer in Chicago St. Pinball in downtown joliet. As the number 1 and 2 score were the default, and that's a popular machine that gets a lot of plays. So that meant a good bit to me, and also that machine can be brutal. But, I was the Master that day.

And I don't pay 5 dollars for beer. I hate beer. But, I love pinball. But, I do agree it makes no sense for me to hark on 2.50 per game when I have an Maiden Prem at home... But, I am a skin flint. But, if I see a pinball machine in the wild I make it a point to play at least one game on it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider diospinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/250-per-game-what-s-the-most-you-ever-paid?tu=diospinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.