Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 382 posts
  • 100 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by RipleYYY
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210316_210312 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210102_002433_nl.marktplaats.android (resized).jpg
    cdf968bd7a04033c43d864c489db4188f33b6952.jpeg (resized).jpg
    Road Deaths (resized).JPG
    Drug Use (resized).JPG
    027b60262a371002c393c2fffb42b7eb4b4027d98755fa3e0b38af617bcaff65 (resized).jpg
    AE5D51B6-5B7C-4C45-B8BE-18FC7475F6F6 (resized).png
    0A5F2947-3B68-41D8-9551-CE4A042DA5F5 (resized).jpeg
    ACEEABCF-37C5-48B6-8FBD-80DACF25C6FE.gif
    16066429843051906989092988412651 (resized).jpg
     (resized).png
    6D005986-9035-4AB7-BB23-78EF9F82D419 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20201116_140132_com.android.chrome (resized).jpg
    image-asset (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider russdx.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#130 3 years ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

No. there is no winner, only losers.

who ever receives the tax is surely the winner here?

1 week later
    #165 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tuukka:

Norway is not in EU, so it would work - but you still have to smuggle it across to Denmark. Anyway, since between Nordic countries the borders are quite free, it probably will be OK.

We will all soon have pin dealers

#184 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gaumax:

Stern should build a factory in Europe and the problem would be solved.
    In addition reduced delivery costs
    The only downside would be a higher exposure to currencies exchange risks !

This would be a HUGE cost to stern I don’t think it will happen, either the customer eats the price hike or go without will be what happens here

#195 3 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

..and then they go to college, the hospital, etc. for free. Much less stress overall.

Universities ain’t free.

#198 3 years ago
    Quoted from aeneas:

Almost free - at least compared to other countries.
    Just looked up how much the uni I went to charges now - 950eu/yr is standard charge.
    If your parents income is low it can get reduced to 500eu/yr and even down to 120 eu/yr.
    Non-EU students pay 6000/9000eu/yr depending on their degree.
    Books/material are extra but also don't cost thousands..

No you're wrong, VAT is our sales tax. It doesn't get added on top of it.
    In all EU countries the tariffs may differ but in general there are three: low, medium, high: around 6 / 11 / 20 pct.
    Food and other necessities have 6pct vat (or sales tax as you want to call it). So our milk is also 6pct.
    Others goods are 11pct, and luxurious goods have 20 (21, 22, up to 25 depending on the country).
    Pinball machines are considered luxurious goods and in most countries you pay around 20pct vat.
    Germany lowered their vat temporary from 19 to 16pct because of covid - so earlier this year pinball machines were suddenly cheaper there.
    Different here in Europe is that all taxes are included in the price labelled - and not added on top at the cash register.
    If something says in the shop it costs 5eu then you pay 5eu.
    The vat is paid by the final consumer, companies can deduct it from what they sell.
    I know some collectors that have their own company / are contractors and they buy pinball machines on their company and can get the 20pct vat back.
    The import tariff now is 25pct, but that is now very exceptional and has nothing to do with our regular vat..

If around 9k a year is pretty much free to you i wish i had your income (this is one i went to)
    https://www.uwe.ac.uk/courses/fees

#223 3 years ago
    Quoted from andrewket:

100% this. This is what I expect the pin manufacturers will do - remove the coin doors.

But you need them to access menu switches and lock down bar latches on most manufactures pins. Just don't need the mech installed. Not sure id like a pinball without a coin door as that's part of what it is (an arcade machine) cant take away its coin door!!!! (even if its fake)

3 weeks later
    #295 3 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well for my 2 mods, Leg Lights and Cup lights I put no comment on the customs form that they are for pinball machines. I just write down plastics and led strips and/or bolts and I put the price on the form low also. LOL[quoted image]

Your our hero

#299 3 years ago

You will always have greedy ppl in charge or high up just pocketing tax or wasting it, that will never change. I dread to think how much of my tax I pay is pissed away or just ends up in one guys pocket. The system will always be Corrupt. Until robots are in charge just imagine how much better things would be if that money was used efficiently and 100% ended up where it should be. World would truly be a better place but long as we are human that will never ever happen and you just have to accept govs will twat your money away.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider russdx.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/25-punitive-tariff-on-pinball-machines-for-eu-customers?tu=russdx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.