Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 382 posts
  • 100 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by RipleYYY
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210316_210312 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210102_002433_nl.marktplaats.android (resized).jpg
    cdf968bd7a04033c43d864c489db4188f33b6952.jpeg (resized).jpg
    Road Deaths (resized).JPG
    Drug Use (resized).JPG
    027b60262a371002c393c2fffb42b7eb4b4027d98755fa3e0b38af617bcaff65 (resized).jpg
    AE5D51B6-5B7C-4C45-B8BE-18FC7475F6F6 (resized).png
    0A5F2947-3B68-41D8-9551-CE4A042DA5F5 (resized).jpeg
    ACEEABCF-37C5-48B6-8FBD-80DACF25C6FE.gif
    16066429843051906989092988412651 (resized).jpg
     (resized).png
    6D005986-9035-4AB7-BB23-78EF9F82D419 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20201116_140132_com.android.chrome (resized).jpg
    image-asset (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider elcolonel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Many in certain industries are already -Very- aware of the term, as well as the taxpayers who are subsidizing such tariffs already.

You are astute. The Americans to which I refer, are the 80% to 90%, that live their lives on Facebook. Draw your own conclusions, on my opinion of the plebiscite, political affiliations notwithstanding.

#50 3 years ago

Which new regime? The increase on machines will be essentially split. Increase on domestic game prices will accelerate at a faster clip now.

#62 3 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Yeah, as others noted, this is an EU tariff, not a US tariff.
    And I think you mean to fund waste, graft, and interest on debt.

Lol, sadly true....

1 month later
    #278 3 years ago

Do not expect the EU additional tariff to go away any time soon. In fact, expect more imbedded taxes, whatever they may be named, to appear. With a population that is already conditioned to accept shut downs, and a fragile economy when it is hitting on all cylinders, the future looks as if the EU will have to squeeze every last euro from those that have them.

#282 3 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

what a load of nonsense - the population in EU is demanding lockdown so we don't kill our own people.

Lock down is not the main point of my comment, it is just the factor dujour, in a population that is quite well conditioned to various and sundry taxation. Hardly nonsense. That the US is now becoming quite like the very status, that the Revolutionary War sought to repel, is distressing to many here.

#284 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

With these tariffs, isn’t the US doing exactly the same thing? It just doesn’t happen to be on pinball so none of us notice it. But if we were on a cognac collectors forum, we’d be having this exact same conversation in reverse. It’s a trade war tool designed to hurt the other country’s industries, not intended as a long-term cash grab since the entire point is to kill sales.
    So I’m not sure these tariffs are any indication that the EU is populated by easily taxed sheep or whatever.

Historically the US has been able to rely on the threat of tariffs, certainly since the industrial revolution, and that has achieved, most trade related goals. In that same time frame, European nations have always had more imbedded taxes on their own populations, and that basically is a tariff, because it results in higher cost to it's consumers. Historically higher taxation in Europe, is a matter of fact, not invective.

#286 3 years ago

The indicator is, the population on both sides of the Atlantic are letting it happen, without so much as a collective wimper. As far as shut downs go, in the US alone on a yearly basis there are a minimum of 71000 drug overdose related deaths, and 38000 automobile deaths(and 4.4 million injuries that require hospitalization). I would imagine the numbers are around the same, per 100000 people, in most industrialized nations. You cannot shut down life because of death, and what about Sweden, look at their Covid statistics with virtually no shut downs or mandates. I myself prefer a dangerous freedom to a safe captivity.

#289 3 years ago

Hopefully most understand my underlying point. Not discounting the moral responsibility for people to take action, to not contract, or transmit Covid 19. I subscribe that there is an individual responsibility, to not drive like an idiot, or abuse drugs(prescribed or otherwise).
    None of this takes away the fact that taxation in all forms is more prevalent in Europe.

#297 3 years ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

Lock down is not the main point of my comment, it is just the factor dujour, in a population that is quite well conditioned to various and sundry taxation. Hardly nonsense. That the US is now becoming quite like the very status, that the Revolutionary War sought to repel, is distressing to many here.

You obviously did not understand my post, as most here in the US, are not fooled into thinking that we are taxed considerably lower than the EU.
    The US has been taking cues from Europe for years, concerning taxation in all forms and immigration policies, and it does not bode well for western civilization.

#305 3 years ago
    Quoted from Manny65:

We get a similar thing here is Australia, having customs fees and a 10% Goods & Services Tax (on the cost + shipping) - eg Alien SE the US price is equivalent to 10k Aust but we pay 13k once all the fees and costs are added on

Disgusting! Transport there is no way around, but another approximate 15%, is terrible.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider elcolonel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/25-punitive-tariff-on-pinball-machines-for-eu-customers?tu=elcolonel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.