Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 382 posts
  • 100 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by RipleYYY
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210316_210312 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210102_002433_nl.marktplaats.android (resized).jpg
    cdf968bd7a04033c43d864c489db4188f33b6952.jpeg (resized).jpg
    Road Deaths (resized).JPG
    Drug Use (resized).JPG
    027b60262a371002c393c2fffb42b7eb4b4027d98755fa3e0b38af617bcaff65 (resized).jpg
    AE5D51B6-5B7C-4C45-B8BE-18FC7475F6F6 (resized).png
    0A5F2947-3B68-41D8-9551-CE4A042DA5F5 (resized).jpeg
    ACEEABCF-37C5-48B6-8FBD-80DACF25C6FE.gif
    16066429843051906989092988412651 (resized).jpg
     (resized).png
    6D005986-9035-4AB7-BB23-78EF9F82D419 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20201116_140132_com.android.chrome (resized).jpg
    image-asset (resized).jpeg
    There are 382 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
    #351 3 years ago
    Quoted from Faust:

Matter of a few days, it took also only 3 days to put the tariff in place (voting 9th, in place 11th).
    I already got confirmation that my game will not be charged the extra 25%.

What game do you have on order and from where?

#352 3 years ago

Well.... I see only still 7900 euro for a new pro including tax and 7020 euro for a nib older Stern like Munsters.
    Don't see lower prices.
    So I wait for the new Stern to come out next month to compare the prices for new inported machines.
    So I can buy a huo Secondhand for normal prices.

#353 3 years ago

I wonder why the European distributors have not put on their websites the prices that would be applicable now if one orders a pin. Funny that none of the distributors have broken the ranks and all display the +25% prices on their websites... Perhaps they commonly want to set the +25% prices as being the new normal?

#354 3 years ago

Probably because what they have in stock now is bought with the fee, and they don't want to sell with a loss ?

Only new orders (when their stock is sold out) will come in with lower fee, and then we'll hopefully see this..

#355 3 years ago
    Quoted from aeneas:

Probably because what they have in stock now is bought with the fee, and they don't want to sell with a loss ?
    Only new orders (when their stock is sold out) will come in with lower fee, and then we'll hopefully see this..

Yes true, but new old stock from 5950 for 7020.... F.. K it. Any body in Holland a nice Spike 2 game for sale for 6k?

#356 3 years ago
    Quoted from aeneas:

Seems that some hobbyists' should buy the pins with +25% prices so that the others would see the normal prices again from the EU distros
    I don't see many volunteers

Finnish distro is a nice exception, they published today their prices that do not include the penalty payment anymore. Too bad they offer only Stern machines.

#357 3 years ago
    Quoted from aeneas:

There is no stock with these +25% prices. The only pinball that was available and released in this time was GnR LE and Led Zeppelin.
    From my distributor he said only a few LZ were ordered by customers. All other games were already long time in Europe but were sold by the distro's at the +25% increase.
    Nobody sold much new during this time and all distro's knew this was a temporary measure so they would be crazy to stock hundreds of pinballs.
    So they mostly earned 25% more on selling existing stock.

The distro's, like Freddy's Pinball, immediately upped prices even on parts they already had in stock with 25% regardless where it came from.
    Look at what they ask now for the Medieval Madness topper: 900 euros!! He already had these long before the price increase (when I also bought one).
    From one day to the next it was more expensive.

But yeah, bringing it back down will not happen in his shop, unless people stop buying apparently.
    My Dutch distro has also nicely reduced the price.

#358 3 years ago
    Quoted from Faust:

There is no stock with these +25% prices. The only pinball that was available and released in this time was GnR LE and Led Zeppelin.
    From my distributor he said only a few LZ were ordered by customers. All other games were already long time in Europe but were sold by the distro's at the +25% increase.
    Nobody sold much new during this time and all distro's knew this was a temporary measure so they would be crazy to stock hundreds of pinballs.
    So they mostly earned 25% more on selling existing stock.
    The distro's, like Freddy's Pinball, immediately upped prices even on parts they already had in stock with 25% regardless where it came from.
    Look at what they ask now for the Medieval Madness topper: 900 euros!! He already had these long before the price increase (when I also bought one).
    From one day to the next it was more expensive.
    But yeah, bringing it back down will not happen in his shop, unless people stop buying apparently.
    My Dutch distro has also nicely reduced the price.

I guess one should look and see, which distros have the normal prices up again and deal with those in the future then.
    The evil distros should not take advantage of this situation like you described - they can only be evil to some extent.

#359 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Managing a pandemic is exactly the sort of reason we need government, run by smart people, who believe in science.

Then we are shit out of luck.

#360 3 years ago

I am not sure about this, but I don't think the tariff reduction is in force yet. had a customer receive some mods over the weekend and dhl was still charging him 25%.

#361 3 years ago

...and that is why many, or all, distributors still show the price +25%.
    Until it is actually in place they have to, otherwise they run the risk of having angry customers breathing down their necks.

#363 3 years ago

I believe this would be considered as an official source: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A32021R0425&qid=1615882203943 .

#364 3 years ago

Which mean that it is practically useless, since most games are on backorders atm?

#365 3 years ago

I got comfermation that all new Nib Stern pro 6300 incl tax end April in Europe.
    So I wait for the new batch arrives.

#366 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

Which mean that it is practically useless, since most games are on backorders atm?

Hopefully they will get the matter sorted in 4 months, so that new orders would be without the fee. There will most probably be quite extensive backlogs to be fulfilled by the factories, so the new orders might fall outside of the 4-month window, in case the penalties are not abolished altogether.

#367 3 years ago

I need this 4 month window for my GNR
    But it need to go away anyway, hope this is the start of removal of this ridiculous tax

#368 3 years ago
    Quoted from Faust:

All other games were already long time in Europe but were sold by the distro's at the +25% increase.

Nice distributors.
    i think for some of us, pins are not enough expensive.

#369 3 years ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Nice distributors.
    i think for some of us, pins are not enough expensive.

Nope. I just saved enough money last year because of Covid restrictions on basically al the things in life which i like. Cinemas closed, restaurants closed, no vacation. All the things that make life fun. So i got myself the GNR LE which i love because i did not wanted to wait till this idot tariff was gone and then still had to wait a year to get my game. Or not getting it at all because i missed out POTC 3 years ago because the production stopped abrubtly.
    I paid more to get the game. That was my choice and i still stand by it. Only thing i regret is that that extra money went to those morons in Brussels.

20210316_210312 (resized).jpg20210316_210312 (resized).jpg
    #370 3 years ago
    Quoted from cybevenom:

Nope. I just saved enough money last year because of Covid restrictions on basically al the things in life which i like. Cinemas closed, restaurants closed, no vacation. All the things that make life fun. So i got myself the GNR LE which i love because i did not wanted to wait till this idot tariff was gone and then still had to wait a year to get my game. Or not getting it at all because i missed out POTC 3 years ago because the production stopped abrubtly.
    I paid more to get the game. That was my choice and i still stand by it. Only thing i regret is that that extra money went to those morons in Brussels.[quoted image]

It is fair. Then you are ready for a new lockdown now with your beauty.

#371 3 years ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

It is fair. Then you are ready for a new lockdown now with your beauty.

That was a huge factor in buying this georgeous machine.

#372 3 years ago
    Quoted from cybevenom:

I paid more to get the game. That was my choice and i still stand by it. Only thing i regret is that that extra money went to those morons in Brussels.[quoted image]

Good you have no regrets ,still worth the extra money !
    Nice carpet btw !

#373 3 years ago
    Quoted from melappels:

Good you have no regrets ,still worth the extra money !
    Nice carpet btw !

Thanks. It really ties the room together....whoops wrong pinball machine.
    Together with the Neon GNR Guitar my gameroom is really going for a GNR style. I love it.

#374 3 years ago

Where and how much?

#375 3 years ago
    Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

Where and how much?

https://neonfactory.com/decoration-neon/entertainment-en/ent-8370-2-guns-n-roses-neon-guitar/
    as for price depends on shipping and wether taxes apply. They are based in the Netherlands and so am i so for me it was 415 euros including shipping.
    There is a request quote costs on the page.

Hope this helps you out
    post #369 shows the guitar in this thread

#376 3 years ago
    Quoted from cybevenom:

Thanks. It really ties the room together....whoops wrong pinball machine.
    Together with the Neon GNR Guitar my gameroom is really going for a GNR style. I love it.

Very nice!, I have put down the deposit for my own LE.

Where did you buy the carpet from?

#377 3 years ago
    Quoted from Livsnjutaren:

Very nice!, I have put down the deposit for my own LE.
    Where did you buy the carpet from?

https://inkteeshop.com/product/guns-n-roses-area-rug-amazon-best-seller-sku-2182-rug/

and the one i have is the small one. fits perfectly under the machine

#378 3 years ago

Thanks!, I found one at that site before asking you. It seems like they have many unhappy customers so wanted to know if it could be had elsewhere. Well if you are happy then I'll give it a go! .

#379 3 years ago
    Quoted from Livsnjutaren:

Thanks!, I found one at that site before asking you. It seems like they have many unhappy customers so wanted to know if it could be had elsewhere. Well if you are happy then I'll give it a go! .

I have had no problem with them at all. Lucky me.

#380 3 years ago

Hmm, this doesn't sound encouraging...

"Biden administration threatens tariffs on UK goods in 'tech tax' row. The US has warned it could put tariffs of up to 25% on a host of UK exports in retaliation for a UK tax on tech firms. Ceramics, make-up, overcoats, games consoles and furniture could all be hit, according to a list published by the Biden administration."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56565636

#381 3 years ago

Well the UK is not the EU anymore, so it's not a problem.

#382 3 years ago
    Quoted from Faust:

Well the UK is not the EU anymore, so it's not a problem.

this will make happy our english friends !

kinding of course

There are 382 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/25-punitive-tariff-on-pinball-machines-for-eu-customers/page/8?hl=number_runner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.