• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sleave (resized).jpg
plunger (resized).jpg

#1 9 months ago

I was replacing the step-up coil on my Laguna Beach bingo and the plunger has what looks like a nylon sleeve on the plunger. It is in pieces. Does anyone know where to get one of these? Almost looks like a 3/8" water supply line ferrel.

plunger (resized).jpgsleave (resized).jpg
#2 9 months ago

Maybe here............
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=25-gg-7+coil
Or here........ Joe Shope in Utah. See page 5 . I have bought from him many times.......great guy......
http://www.ballybingo.co.uk/ballyparts.pdf

#3 9 months ago

it's bally part C-342A - "guide ring"

they rarely have a problem unless someone sprayed something in the coil sleeve, the coil overheated and melted it, or a metal sleeve wore through and there's a sharp edge inside shaving the ring away.

take a look at the sleeve, you may need a new one - if you can get yours out. If not, you'll need another coil.

anyone with a parts machine should have lots of the guide rings ... or you can get them new for a couple bucks.

if you haven't sourced pieces yet, see if you need the ring or coil+ring and I'll see what I have.

2 weeks later
#4 8 months ago
Quoted from baldtwit:

it's bally part C-342A - "guide ring"
they rarely have a problem unless someone sprayed something in the coil sleeve, the coil overheated and melted it, or a metal sleeve wore through and there's a sharp edge inside shaving the ring away.
take a look at the sleeve, you may need a new one - if you can get yours out. If not, you'll need another coil.
anyone with a parts machine should have lots of the guide rings ... or you can get them new for a couple bucks.
if you haven't sourced pieces yet, see if you need the ring or coil+ring and I'll see what I have.

The coil did catch fire. I didn't know that could happen. The machine worked great right up to "What's burning"? At this point I started repainting and all the other things to try to make it look near new. Since this was my first machine to work on my "near new" standards has dropped quite a bit. I'm just going to make it mine. Still love it!
Tim

#5 8 months ago

solenoid coils ... the ones with plungers ... should never stay powered for a long time. They are high power and will get red hot if left powered. Whether something catches fire before the coil wire melts apart or a fuse blows is a crapshoot.

don't just replace the pieces without fixing the problem, or you'll be rolling the dice again

which unit cooked the coil ... magic screen feature unit?

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside