(Topic ID: 255750)

Tron LE 2430 Button Style Battery Replacement-How Often?

By Saveleaningtower

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Just wondering how often you guys change the 2430 batteries. I have a Tron LE and not sure if I ever did. Thanks, Ant

#3 4 years ago

i have mine since 2011 and never changed the battery.

Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Just wondering how often you guys change the 2430 batteries. I have a Tron LE and not sure if I ever did. Thanks, Ant

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

i have mine since 2011 and never changed the battery.

I am thinking the same. Don't remember ever changing it. Will it corrode?

#5 4 years ago

They can go about 10 years without any trouble.

Lithium coin cell batteries can leak, so it's usually best to replace them around that time to prevent that possibility. They can last longer, but it's better to be on the safe side.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Just wondering how often you guys change the 2430 batteries.

Has anyone changed and updated these batteries? If so what are the best ones to buy and use for a replacement?

#7 4 years ago

Thanks Force! I just ordered a new Duracell Lithium from Amazon for something like 4 bucks. Can't hurt to replace it at this point. Probably been 8 years minimum. When I pulled the battery, there was some crusty stuff on the bottom quarter of the circumference. Makes sense since the batter is held in an a vertical position like a coin on edge.

#8 4 years ago

by the way, none of that crust was on the contact portion of the battery holder. fortunately, it was on the lower plastic ring of the battery holder.

#9 4 years ago

Luckily, lithium battery leaks are significantly less messy than alkaline battery leaks.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2430-replacement-how-often and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.