(Topic ID: 244797)

24 Hour Final Battle tickets on sale Sunday 6/9/19!

By Whridlsoncestood

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by chuckwurt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

371BD28F-A625-46DF-8F61-4B4A70B11693 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Grandnational007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 4 years ago

@chuckwurt, I'd opt to stay at the Holiday Inn on the Berlin Turnpike in Meriden. It's no more than 5 minutes from The Sanctum, and is clean and affordable.

I imagine you are flying in and renting a car/Ubering?

#18 4 years ago

Hartford is probably your best bet; not sure if anything from KY serves New Haven, as it's a regional airport. Be aware that Bradley International being in Hartford is a misnomer; it's about 15 miles north. I wouldn't suggest anything from NY, Boston, or Providence, as the added drive time will be hours, as opposed to 35 minutes from BDL.

#20 4 years ago

That'd be my suggestion, sir.

4 months later
    #25 4 years ago

You're generally "on your own", but there is a food truck on site for the one scheduled meal break. That said, there are TONS of food options within a mile or two of the venue, and TONS of delivery options. Some standouts are perennial local/famous favorites Ted's Steamed Cheeseburgers (its a central CT thing that I've never seen done anywhere else), and Little Rendezvous Pizza (their take on New Haven style "Apizza") right next door to the venue.

One of The Sanctum founders also very graciously even brings in a breakfast spread at around 5 a.m. in the past years I've been in attendance, which is super awesome and very much appreciated by all.

I saw lots of people with coolers and supplies this year, which makes the 24 hours significantly less grueling. It's awesome to go make a sandwich and have a coke at 2 a.m. in between rounds...

Thanks again Jim, Mark, and everyone else that puts on this world class event! So much fun!

#29 4 years ago

Now that I've slept and returned to my normal schedule, I thought I would give a brief summary of this year's event.

To start, I'm very luckily a local to The Sanctum, so I have to admire all those that travel long distances to come to one of the best venues I've ever been to. It's the perfect balance of quality, quantity, and variety of games. The games are all in great condition as well, and play oh so sweetly. The organizers and volunteers should be commended for keeping the sheer number of games in the condition they are in.

The organizers of the event have the administration of it down to a science; things run flawlessly, everything is coordinated perfectly, and the whole thing is just brilliantly executed. I cannot really think of anything going awry. Everything is just so well thought out, and preplanned; they really anticipate and prepare for anything that could go wrong. In the few instances a game malfunction occurred, it was remedied very quickly.

The other players were all a blast to see and play with; you kind of figure that you know the type of players that will sign up for an event like this are committed, and the behavior on everyone's part is friendly and polite. In the years I've gone, I don't recall ever seeing a full on meltdown, even into the wee hours of the morning. There's a good mix of "serious" and "casual" players alike, and everyone has a pretty chill attitude.

As a sucker for matchplay formats, the 24 Hour Final Battle and Pinburgh are my two favorite events of the year, and I would easily place the 24 Hour on the same level as Pinburgh in terms of the quality of the experience; if you're a serious or casual player alike, and have never been to The Sanctum or the 24 Hour Final Battle, you really owe it to yourself to come check it out.

Congrats to all the players, and especially to Jerry for the overall win!

I'm already anticipating next year's event!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Grandnational007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/24-hour-final-battle-tickets-on-sale-sunday-6-9-19?tu=Grandnational007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.