(Topic ID: 158090)

24 Hour Final Battle PAPA Circuit. Sold out registration! Waitlist open.

By Whridlsoncestood

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

finalbattle2016highres-13x19_(resized).png
    #1 8 years ago

finalbattle2016highres-13x19_(resized).pngfinalbattle2016highres-13x19_(resized).png

We wil be opening registration for the 24 hour final battle tournament on Monday May 9th at 7 PM. You can either register online or in person at The Sanctum. To register in person just show up at the The Sanctum and pay the entry fee during our open hours. To register online we will post an email form on this site tothesanctum.org submit an email and that will hold your spot as we send you a link back to submit payment. Your spot will only be held for 24 hours until your payment is submitted.

Entry fee is refundable until August 31st after that it is only refundable if we are able to fill your spot

The entry fee for this year is 60$ and full details of this event can be found here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1538226216486888/

#2 8 years ago

Full event format:

The 3rd Annual Final Battle is a 24 hour long non stop marathon tournament taking place the weekend of November 4th-6th and is a PAPA circuit event. Cost of entry is 60$ for the main event and registration will open Monday May 9th at 7PM either in person at The Sanctum or online at tothesanctum.org. This will be limited to 100 spots. Registration details will be posted on the website before it opens.

The event kicks off Friday November 4th with a pre battle pingolf tournament open to all to give players a chance to see the games being played and try them out. Cost of entry is 15$. We will have 6 classic games setup for pingolf with a match play finals for the top 10%. Golf starts at 3PM. Round must be completed by 7 PM. Finals start immediately after that and the facility is closed at 10 PM so everyone goes home to rest.

The main even starts Saturday the 5th at 10 AM. Doors to the facility open at 9 AM. This is a matchplay format with straight Swiss seeding throughout the event. The first round will be a complete random pairing of groups.

Each round will be 4 player groups playing 3 preselected games. Scoring is 3-2-1-0. In the case when people drop out as the event goes on and we have a 3 player group they will always be at the bottom and scoring will be 3-1.5-0.

After the first round is complete we will immediately start the next round. New groups will be formed by top points working our way down. We will play as many rounds as we can in the 24 hour block. Since this is daylight savings weekend we gain an hour so the event will commence at 9 AM on Sunday.

We will have a few small periodic breaks in between rounds to allow people to head out to local places for food/supplies. We will have a fridge for everyone to use and a water cooler. Please bring your own water bottle to fill to help us keep down on the waste and clutter of empty cups everywhere during the event. We have chairs and couches for seating but welcome people to bring folding type chairs for sitting in our hallway. We will be using matchplay.events for tracking results and this will provide text message notifications to all players when rounds are starting and will be paid for by us.

Prize money will be structured as follows:

Starting with the first round we will have a 100$ bounty available to any player who at any time during the 24 hour period can beat The Final Battle on The Shadow.

After round 1 if any player scores a perfect score of 9 for the round they will receive a bounty of 50$. If more than one player scores a 9 the 50$ bounty will be split between all of them. If not one scores a 9 the 50$ moves on to the next round and another 50$ is added to the bounty purse. This continues for every round and keeps building until collected and then starts fresh with another 50$ for the next round.

When we start the final round every group is playing for a prize purse. The top 4 players will be awarded trophies and the following cash prizes
    1st place-1000$
    2nd place-600$
    3rd place-400$
    4th place-200$

After that the 4 players in each group below are playing for a prize purse for the winner of the group you are playing in. The higher your group number the higher the prize purse. The purses are as follows
    Group 2-125$
    Group 3-120$
    Group 4-115$
    Group 5-110$
    Group 6-105$
    Group 7-100$
    Group 8-95$
    Group 9-90$
    Group 10-85$
    Group 11-80$
    Group 12-75$
    Group 13-70$
    Group 14-65$
    Group 15-60$
    Group 16-55$
    Group 17-50$
    Group 18-45$
    Group 19-40$
    Group 20-35$
    Group 21-30$
    Group 22-25$
    Group 23-20$
    Group 24-15$
    Group 25-10$

This is all based on a full field of 100 players and is subject to change it the field is not full when we start the event.

This is a marathon tournament so there is no finals and anything can happen in the last minute just like in a marathon. Don't let someone with a burst of energy bolt past you in the final round!

Every player who plays for all 24 hours and never sits out a round will be awarded a completion medal just like finishing a marathon. These will be custom cast medals just for this event.

#3 8 years ago

Sounds like a great event. Can't wait!

#4 8 years ago

That's a really cool format, I'm interested in coming out to that actually.

#5 8 years ago

Would love to have you. People walk out of this event with a new perspective every year. It's like no other event but people keep coming back for more every year. We strive hard to make it as unique as possible and fun for everyone for the full duration.

#6 8 years ago

How much do you estimate hotel room rates are around there? I can look it up once I get a chance, but just wondering for a quick idea of what I should expect the trip to cost.

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

How much do you estimate hotel room rates are around there? I can look it up once I get a chance, but just wondering for a quick idea of what I should expect the trip to cost.

They're relatively reasonable, and lots of options. I just stayed at the Hawthorne Suites (highly recommended) last weekend and paid $87 after taxes on a Saturday night. I also stayed at the Days Inn (acceptable) and paid $70 after taxes a couple months ago.

#8 8 years ago

Also just looked back and saw I stayed at the Hampton for the 2015 Final Battle. It was $114, but at least they let me check in at noon. Just more evidence that I'm doing my part to keep the Meriden CT hotel industry afloat.

#9 8 years ago

Thanks Steve. It's not an expensive town by any means.

Great thing about a 24 hour straight format. Come into town Friday. Play pingolf pre tournament. Hotel Friday night. Check out in the morning. Play through Saturday night. Head out hole Sunday or if your can't get a room Sunday night and head home Monday. Saves you a night in a hotel for a whole weekend tournament

#10 8 years ago

I have a lot of friends who are doing this and that's totally cool.

It's not for me. I'll start hallucinating by the mid to late rounds I'm sure.

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'll start hallucinating by the mid to late rounds I'm sure.

and the hallucinating doesn't slow us down one bit.

#12 8 years ago

I'm young and insomniatic so this is a perfect format for me

#13 8 years ago

how about a golf side tournament after the Final Battle? Sleep is overrated

#14 8 years ago

Screw you Webster. You guys roll in for 24 hours and then leave like zombies. I don't sleep for a week leading up to this

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from Chuckwebster:

how about a golf side tournament after the Final Battle? Sleep is overrated

how about signing a forum saying will not sue the place if you get in car cash after pulling a 24 hour+ season?

That does sound like a good idea.

#16 7 years ago

one of the few cases where a participation *trophy is something worth coveting

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from ezeltmann:

one of the few cases where a participation *trophy is something worth coveting

Think the first year we had 4 out of 40 drop out. 3 didn't realize it was a 24 hour non stop tournament.

Last year out of 64 we lost 4 again in the wee hours of the night.

How many of 100 will we lose this year?

1 week later
    #18 7 years ago

Registration for the Final Battle on November 5th will open this Monday at 7 PM. First come forest serve. Either signup in person at The Sanctum or look for the signup sheet on the site at 7PM. If you signup on here you wil be sent back an email confirming your spot with instructions on how to pay. You will have 24 hours to submit your payment before your spot is given to the next person in line.

#19 7 years ago

Can't wait for this event, looking forward to playing at the Sanctum! The form is up on there website for those interested.

#20 7 years ago

We sold out 100 spots in just an hour! We are currently filling a waitlist. We will publish a list soon. Thank you for an amazing response!

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

We sold out 100 spots in just an hour! We are currently filling a waitlist. We will publish a list soon. Thank you for an amazing response!

Amazing. Congratulations.

#22 7 years ago

And here's the list. Quiet the competition!

Scott Wilson
    Monica Mohan
    James Calcia
    Matt Guay
    Bowen Kerins
    Derek Laplume
    Davey Plaisted
    Wayne Savage
    Steve Gourley
    Jake Rudder
    Dana Carvey
    Chris Nosiglia
    Matt Boschert
    Nic Quieroz
    George Magyar
    Maggie Bielein
    Holly Danowski
    Andy Obelnicki
    Tim Sexton
    Greg Poverelli
    Steven Bowden
    Adam Kiesler
    Bo Williams
    Mark Hauser
    Bob Sovatsky
    Dave Goodwin
    Charlotte Filmore Handlon
    Kenny Weiner
    Kevin Birrell
    Jacob Erskine
    Ed Zeltmann
    Jeffery Bondorew
    Sarah Demarest
    Seth Clayter
    Tim Tournay
    Todd Baumeister
    Hank Lashua
    Gene X Hwang
    Steve Daniels
    Daniel Coyle
    Karl DeAngelo
    John Espositto
    Augustus Eustis
    Doug Parsons
    Chuck Webster
    Austin Smith NYC
    Dominic Nardini Andrew
    Jerry Lindsay
    Dave Aceto
    John Delzoppo
    David Bourque
    Ken Martin
    Madmike Richardson
    Kevin Duffy
    Jeremy Lota
    Alberto Santana
    Lindsey Rhoades
    Mike Korcynski
    Germain Mariolle
    Sanjay Shah
    Brian Hill
    Alex Rudder
    Christopher CJ Smith
    Ken Rossi
    Justin Evans
    Theresa Nessel
    Jade Ang
    Austin Chenelle
    Mark Fillipelli
    Pierce Mclain
    Joe Lemire
    Jay Ramey
    Mike Testa
    Leslie Kozloski
    John Tomsich
    Trent Augenstein
    Tim Kerro
    Nicole Bernier
    Andy Stevens
    Keith Merrill
    Sunshine Bon
    Ron Houde
    Christina Cimino
    Jerry Bernard
    Joshua Senzer
    Dennis Gardner
    Johnny Modica
    Matthew Carlson
    Sam Thompson
    Phil Harmon
    Alex Harmon
    Phil Birnbaum
    Robert Wong
    Tom Nelson
    Jody Jodon
    Jeremy Hakes
    Joe Said
    Cristin Gasson
    Dale Geiger
    Christopher Brescia

#23 7 years ago

Congratulations on the fast sell out! Does the waitlist still exist even though you received payment from 100 people. I would assume the only chance to come up on the waitlist is if something comes up and a participant needs to drop out?

#24 7 years ago

Yes. Waitlist exists and people will drop out. They always do. Life happens and we are still 6 months away with many of the field traveling great distances/flying.

Look at pinburgh. They've blown through at least 50 people on their waitlist in the past couple months. Things always change.

#25 7 years ago

18 states and 3 Canadian provinces. What location goes home with the gold?

MA-16
    CT-16
    NY-16
    ME-10
    NJ-6
    Quebec-6
    PA-5
    VT-3
    CA-3
    OH-3
    VA-2
    MD-2
    RI-2
    WA-2
    MI-2
    NH-1
    DC-1
    NC-1
    FL-1
    Nova Scotia-1
    Ontario-1

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/24-hour-final-battle-papa-circuit-registration-date and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.