9 months ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Taxman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 months ago

Congratulations. Go get some sleep.

1 Trent Augenstein
    2 John Delzoppo
    3 Tim Sexton

https://matchplay.events/live/finalbattle2017/standings

#2 9 months ago

How many played all rounds?

#3 9 months ago

100. The only person to bail was Eric stone after the first round. His replacement ed Z finished 6th pretty amazing considering he started with a 0 for round 1.

I don’t see how the 75 or so people who are clearly out of it by midnight keep going for another 11 hours playing the same increasingly smelly people on the same games over and over. I’d quit for sure and find a hotel.

#4 9 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

100. The only person to bail was Eric stone after the first round. His replacement ed Z finished 6th pretty amazing considering he started with a 0 for round 1.
    I don’t see how the 75 or so people who are clearly out of it by midnight keep going for another 11 hours playing the same increasingly smelly people on the same games over and over. I’d quit for sure and find a hotel.

It’s hard for me to even do Pinburgh for 10 hours. Sounds like fun though. I think it would take me a week to recover.

#5 9 months ago

Anyone know the reason that Eric Stone bailed on the competition? He played the knockout tournament the night before and won that.

#6 9 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Possibly my favorite post of the week!

Congrats to the winners.

#7 9 months ago
    Quoted from Capinball:

Anyone know the reason that Eric Stone bailed on the competition? He played the knockout tournament the night before and won that.

That is your reason, lack of sleep.

#8 9 months ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Knockout started early to get everyone out early enough. And, there were 50 people playing the knockout and many of the 24 hour people showing up too late to play the knockout but hanging out to play, meet and greet.

#9 9 months ago

Actually the "same games over and over" is not that bad considering what they did. Go to the MatchPlay link and click on a person and scroll to the bottom to see what games they played. During 16 rounds of 3 game per rounds they played 48 games each. So of course there will be some replay.

https://matchplay.events/live/finalbattle2017/standings

First example Trent played 1 game 3 times, 13 games twice and 19 games once. Many people had totals where they would play 11 games twice and 26 games once. So around 33 and 37 unique games for those two examples.

It was not like you were constantly playing the same games over and over. They really thought out the sets and had backup games to swap in for the inevitable issue that takes a game out for the night.

Really a very well run and cool event, just brutal.

#10 9 months ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

OK, I was wondering about Eric. He is a beast. I was surprised to see he had pulled out. Not surprised he won the knock out.

#11 9 months ago
    Quoted from John_I:

OK, I was wondering about Eric. He is a beast. I was surprised to see he had pulled out. Not surprised he won the knock out.

Yes, he was fine the night before. He gave me my last strike on Junkyard. My Junkyard

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 180.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Customs
    Lighting - Backbox
    Lermods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 209.99
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 63.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 24.95
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 229.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 159.99
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Just 3D Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    Cabinet - Toppers
    liorillusion
    $ 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Latenight Weeknight Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside