(Topic ID: 40850)

#24 ECLEWOZ For Sale (Taking Reasonable Offers) With Invoice.

By Jamaster10

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 110 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Colehvac1
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

highlander.jpg
scan0001.jpg
cone.jpg

There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

If it's the same 2manypins/Kevin Norwood as on RGP, he's not an unknown. I hope this isn't a clerical error.

That is why many of us would like to know. Did JJP sell two of the same number LE version or accidently put the wrong number on two invoices? Without some evidence from both sides (Jamaster and 2manypins) we have to doubt the side that has not provided the evidence first in my opinion which is 2manypins at this point.

#52 6 years ago

I remember some confusion for the first few weeks, where numbers were not always assigned right off the bat.

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

I remember some confusion for the first few weeks, where numbers were not always assigned right off the bat.

I also ordered in January 2011 and they let me choose a number and Jack confirmed it. A few weeks later I saw coincidentally that another guy showed the same number in the JJP forum. I asked Jen and at the end I had to pick another number

#54 6 years ago

Now I want to go look at the WOZ owner's thread again to make sure somebody else doesn't also have #186.

#55 6 years ago

as a new member, something that pinside REALLY needs to do is force all distributors (and others involved in "professional selling") to be clearly identified in their avatar area...

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

There's definitely only going to be 1000 LEs. Plus 1000 numbered standards, and however many unnumbered.

Seriously?

The "however many unnumbered" might end up being the most rare version, how about that?

I would be glad to be wrong, but at this point who the heck knows. Until WoZ is released in quantity it is an unknown what the demand will be...

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

as a new member, something that pinside REALLY needs to do is force all distributors (and others involved in "professional selling") to be clearly identified in their Avatar area...

No one doubts JJps history as a great seller. Worst case there is a mix up but everyone that has purchased will be fine.

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Well, 2manypins just lost my thumbs up, get out troll.

Jump to conclusions much?

Why would you call him a troll? You really think it's impossible that JJP sold two of the same number?

I know for a fact that this has happened with Stern selling the same number to two people.

#59 6 years ago

I want 24 now! The most rare of all. An error pin. Cool!

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

No one doubts JJps history as a great seller. Worst case there is a mix up but everyone that has purchased will be fine.

from the outside looking in, it is VERY obvious he is gaming the marketplace...

it has nothing to do with being a "great seller" (or the current foolishness around "i gotta have THAT number")... it has to do with "full disclosure"...

#61 6 years ago

Sorry, just seems to be the trend plus the OP has posted his invoice. We know he has a reputation.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

here ya go this invoice is from one of my first orders of ECLEWOZ in JAN 2011Enough Said!JT

I'm taking bids for a copy of my invoice. Issued the first day of sale with an early issue invoice # of 1983. Hey! You can't blame a guy for trying.......

#63 6 years ago

I know Kevin personally, he and I purchased WOZLE the day pre-orders opened. I'm talking within the first hour of the preorders being open. I'm not shocked by the numbering issue at all. When I ordered mine, I opted for number 50 and put down my deposit. At least I thought I was getting #50 and was not told otherwise at that time.

In March of 2011, someone started a thread on what number you had for WOZLE and I posted my number up (on rgp I believe). Soon after I received a personal email from Jack stating that #50 was given to someone else. He then offered me #29, which I accepted.

I expect they were not tracking the numbers closely (or reliably) at least at the beginning. Thus, in my case two people had the same number. I expect what happened with me happened with Kevin and the OP as well.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Sorry, just seems to be the trend plus the OP has posted his invoice. We know he has a reputation.

with prices paid carefully blanked out... perhaps he'd like to tell us the distributor price, how much money he actually put up, and how many he actually has...

sorry, but again, sitting on the sidelines gives a clearer view of what is going on...

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

with prices paid carefully blanked out... perhaps he'd like to tell us the distributor price, how much money he actually put up, and how many he actually has...
sorry, but again, sitting on the sidelines gives a clearer view of what is going on...

Thats the second "clear view from the sidelines post" you've made where your point is not coming across (at least to me). What are you getting at?

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

with prices paid carefully blanked out... perhaps he'd like to tell us the distributor price

Seriously?
No one expects a distributor to show that and it may even violate their agreement. He showed us the docs in good faith regarding the numbers.

#67 6 years ago

^^^

others made the justification in another for sale thread was that he put up xxx amount of dollars and therefore took risk, and is now "good to gouge"...

however, the xxx amount of dollars of risk was based upon retail price... which it's unlikely a distributor is paying... i'm not privy to jjp distributor agreements, but given it's a new product from a new vendor, it's unlikely the distributor is fronting a whole bunch of funds (but i could be wrong there)...

the "serial numbers" aren't relevant to my point... those are a red herring... my point ties back to my first post, which is all distributors/professional sellers should be identified as such...

back to your normally scheduled programming...

#68 6 years ago

I just confirmed with Jen that my WOZECLE #20 is still mine. She said my Hobbit #20 is due in 1-2 months so be patient and thanks for the support! I'm sure she meant WOZ.

Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun." #190

#69 6 years ago

I ordered the same day, first hour. Jack personally asked me what number i would like to have. He said the top 10 were gone so i picked #24. It was my number in sports back in the day. i will contact them in the next few days to see what happened. I will also check in my emails to see where my invoice is. I am a member of the WOZ group and went there the first few weeks but not since then. i am not making any of this up and yes I am Kevin norwood. Bought many pins through Jack.

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I just confirmed with Jen that my WOZECLE #20 is still mine. She said my Hobbit #20 is due in 1-2 months so be patient and thanks for the support! I'm sure she meant WOZ.

She might have meant your next payment for Hobbit is due...

Have not seen enough progress with the code (or I am out of the loop) to somehow think that the game is about to be released...

I'm happy to be wrong, but things seem to be moving along at a glacial pace.

#71 6 years ago

Hard to know how close they are when we only see what Jack wants to show. You know how he loves surprises!

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Hard to know how close they are when we only see what Jack wants to show. You know how he loves surprises!

Well at this point if he announced a date and released it on the date it would be much more surprising then them missing the predicted date of arrival. J/K guys not meant to get anyone's goat.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Well at this point if he announced a date and released it on the date it would be much more surprising then them missing the predicted date of arrival. J/K guys not meant to get anyone's goat.

That was much less snarky than what I was thinking about posting... and thought better of it

For what that's worth.

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from Pindufus:

With the LE's, the low serial number does not necessarily translate to a low production number. We were given the option of picking any serial number we wanted on a first come, first served basis. Theoretically, #24 could be the last LE off the assembly line. At this point, probably the best way to determine the production # would be to ask for the original invoice that was provided when the first down payment was made. Although they don't start at #1, the invoice numbers were sequential.

I can tell you this.. when I ordered, which was pretty early, I requested the lowest-numbered game that was available and it was 250-300, so anybody that got a 2-digit game is probably one of the earliest adopters.

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I can tell you this.. when I ordered, which was pretty early, I requested the lowest-numbered game that was available and it was 250-300, so anybody that got a 2-digit game is probably one of the earliest adopters.

Agreed. I have #19. Invoice number a goodly-bit lower than the one posted above.

#77 6 years ago

Sure?

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from 2manypins:

I ordered the same day, first hour. Jack personally asked me what number i would like to have. He said the top 10 were gone so i picked #24.

If I recall correctly, the reason the first 10 numbers were gone is that Jack took those himself.

Agreed. I have #19. Invoice number a goodly-bit lower than the one posted above.

Your invoice was 1967 which, I believe, was the lowest invoice number recorded on the forum, at least that I could find. My invoice is only 16 digits higher yet my game number is 400. (I requested number 1000 but Jen informed me it was taken and gave me 400) There's probably a general correlation between order and eventual production dates to the lower game numbers. That correlation, however, doesn't always hold up as in my case.

It probably would have been a lot cleaner if Jack had simply given sequential game numbers based on the order of purchase. Maybe there's meaning in his madness but I suspect except for a few select collectors, actual production date won't be a big deal. If future demand for the LE's is high, most looking to buy won't be particular if they're able to get their hands on one.

#79 6 years ago

I seem to recall an invoice in the 1950's or even 1940's. Definitely lower than 1967. But that doesn't really matter, because most people did not pick their number on the date of order (or at least it was not confirmed then); that happened over the coming weeks.

Regardless, if your invoice does not show a machine number like the posted example, then you do NOT have a number assigned. I made very sure back in 2011 that I got my chosen number, and that it also appears on my invoice.

#80 6 years ago

Looking back at my original invoice, its funny how it mentioned the last payment of 2250 due on 12/15/11 "as production begins"....... Ahhh, the good old days...

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Looking back at my original invoice, its funny how it mentioned the last payment of 2250 due on 12/15/11 "as production begins"....... Ahhh, the good old days...

I remember all the fools back then saying I hope it arrives before XMas day - I promised the family it would be here......LOL

#83 6 years ago

I have #59 and I ordered about a month after they opened.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

"Funny" is one word for it.

I'm sure plenty of people can think of other words.

#86 6 years ago

I didn't order the Hobbit at all, so pretty sure Jen meant WOZECLE.
My invoice is 2056, and I got in 2 weeks after announcement.

2 weeks later
#87 6 years ago

So what happened to 2manypins and supposedly also owning #24?

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

i own 24 and its for sale

2manypins neglected to update the thread.

#92 6 years ago

I am sorry for not updated the thread but here is the info: i ordered the WOZ first hour and first day. Was asked what number I would like and was told that 1-10 was gone. Asked by email for #24 and assumed that it was mine since I did not hear back from them. I did hear from JJP about the mix up after this thread, and Jamaster does own the #24 number. They gave me #346 even though they asked me what number I wanted. i hope that it does not effect me getting the machine since I ordered first day.

#93 6 years ago

. highlander.jpg

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from 2manypins:

I am sorry for not updated the thread but here is the info: i ordered the WOZ first hour and first day. Was asked what number I would like and was told that 1-10 was gone. Asked by email for #24 and assumed that it was mine since I did not hear back from them. I did hear from JJP about the mix up after this thread, and Jamaster does own the #24 number. They gave me #346 even though they asked me what number I wanted. i hope that it does not effect me getting the machine since I ordered first day.

Thanks for the update and clearing up the confusion. Sorry you did not get the number you wanted. If it is any consolation, I really don't think it matters between #24 and #346 as far as value goes. I am sure you will get your game early in the process since you ordered at the very beginning. If many people start getting their games and you still have not heard from JJP, I would call them again to make sure you are in the right part of the queue.

#95 6 years ago

Actually, it sounds like it really does matter what number you have as far as value goes... well, not to me anyway

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from 2manypins:

They gave me #346 even though they asked me what number I wanted. I hope that it does not effect me getting the machine since I ordered first day.

The number has absolutely no bearing on when the game will be manufactured. Like you, I put down my deposit on the first day. I received an email from JJP today confirming that my WOZ will be among the first 20 games shipped.

#97 6 years ago

Hi Ed,

see below - i never asked for a #, but will be one of the first to get the game

That was a typo, you are #283 not 28. Sorry!

You are one of the first 30 to order the game. You will be one of the first to receive your game!

Best Regards,

Jen Guarnieri

Marketing Coordinator

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The number has absolutely no bearing on when the game will be manufactured. Like you, I put down my deposit on the first day. I received an email from JJP today confirming that my WOZ will be among the first 20 games shipped.

Have they asked for the shipping fee and how much will it be?

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Have they asked for the shipping fee and how much will it be?

Jen said they would contact me a few days before my game was ready to ship, and that I would then be able to contact R&L to set up delivery. No word yet on how much the shipping will cost.

There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside