• 18 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by StevenP
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• 24 Stern, 2009
#1 12 years ago

it seems that i never hear of or see any 24 machines...period. not a fan of the show at all, but i actually really enjoy the pin. i've got a good deal on a routed one, i was just interested in anybodies opinions on it? seems the safehouse and the sniper toys could be a pain in the butt to have to work with. the newest update def helped out with the gameplay i know that. only downside i can see in gameplay is the center ramp does at times get repeditive. i do enjoy the pin because it is more of a 'mature' themed game. i feel like its target is 25-50 year olds.

#2 12 years ago

I think the reason you don't see these come up for sale very often is because they didn't make that many of them. I've always found 24 to be a fun and very underrated game. I've also seen every episode of the TV show, so that certainly helps.

#3 12 years ago

I've never owned one myself. But I do think its a pretty good playing game. I am not a fan of theme, and the sound annoys me a little with the female voice over and over.

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from hawkeye11:

the sound annoys me a little with the female voice over and over.

what cloe o'brien? something like "this is cloe", "watch out for the sniper jack!", "jackpot", jackPOT!", "JACKPOT!!". lol

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I think the reason you don't see these come up for sale very often is because they didn't make that many of them

ya that's probably it. i bet most are collector owned, and never get gameplay.

#6 12 years ago

I picked up an HUO recently without ever playing one before and I love it plays fast and smooth the drops are great killer spinner shot plenty deep as far as the rules but you don't have to get deep to have fun, I have a Polk Audio sub hooked up to it also the sound effects are awesome.

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

it seems that i never hear of or see any 24 machines...period. not a fan of the show at all, but i actually really enjoy the pin. i've got a good deal on a routed one, i was just interested in anybodies opinions on it? seems the safehouse and the sniper toys could be a pain in the butt to have to work with. the newest update def helped out with the gameplay i know that. only downside i can see in gameplay is the center ramp does at times get repeditive. i do enjoy the pin because it is more of a 'mature' themed game. i feel like its target is 25-50 year olds.

It's a awesome machine. If you can snag one for a good price, DO IT!. Game is under-rated.

Good luck seeing all 24 scenes/modes in one game. All the hurry-ups add intense game-play, especially making sure you get as many 2x playfield multipliers (The Mole) as you can. Stacking all three main multi-balls, as well as being able to play thru and start another scene/s during multi-ball is a blast, and can make the machine really flow!

The artwork doesn't bother me, seems like thats a big knock against it with some people.

I personally really enjoy all the sounds, and laugh every time when Jack yells "DAMMIT" as the ball hits the out lane. Game really Rocks!

I've been to, but not saved the president or become a Master Agent... Yet.

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from TomT:

I picked up an HUO recently

interested...can you pm me how much you paid?

Quoted from Snurdley:

Good luck seeing all 24 scenes/modes in one game. All the hurry-ups add intense game-play, especially making sure you get as many 2x playfield multipliers (The Mole) as you can. Stacking all three main multi-balls, as well as being able to play thru and start another scene during multi-ball is a blast, and can make the machine really flow!
I've been to, but not saved the president or become a Master Agent

ya, that's why i find i enjoy this game, the software is nice. stacking the multi ball modes, and like you say all 24 scenes to complete is tough. i've gotten to the save president mode, couldn't close it out yet. think i'll have to buy it regardless. can't pass it up i don't think. thanks for the thoughts.

#9 12 years ago

Yep Chloe is a bit blase with her callouts, but to me it's a goofy counterbalance for
the game's in your face, *race against time all the time* feel. But I like a machine to
have an off the wall quirk or a funny sound clip. And though the theme doesn't particularly
get me going (I've never one time watched an episode of the TV show*) I think
this machine is one of the best. Bitchin' toys and a sweet look to the lights and lines of the
playfield, deep gameplay and enough variation. If I could take only two pins to the proverbial
desert island this might be the second.

*But I saw "Young Guns II" does that count?

#10 12 years ago

Ive heard Stern made less then 1000 of this machine or some low number thats supposed to make it rare. Im not sure if thats true or not. 24 was one of my favorite shows.

The word was when the show ended, work had begun on a theatrical movie with the same characters to wrap up the show. Something like that.

#11 12 years ago

Production on the 24 movie starts this spring.

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from ChevelleSSguy:

Ive heard Stern made less then 1000 of this machine or some low number thats supposed to make it rare. Im not sure if thats true or not. 24 was one of my favorite shows.
The word was when the show ended, work had begun on a theatrical movie with the same characters to wrap up the show. Something like that.

I've heard numbers ranging from 1000-1200, which is about double the production of CSI. I've heard 400-600 CSIs. I'm lucky enough to have a CSI and really hope to have a 24 next to it someday. It will be a neat 1-2 punch both being great shows and such contrasting play styles. Neither game gets the respect it deserves. It is a shame that neither game ended up being the original designer's vision due to all of the crap going down at Stern at the time. It's kind of amazing they turned out as good as they did regardless of that.

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I've heard numbers ranging from 1000-1200, which is about double the production of CSI

i was thinking 900-1000? doesn't really matter. it is a fun machine for sure. haven't played a csi, as you say they are much more of a rare bird. interesting, i didn' even know they were making a movie based on the series. that could help out with attraction/gameplay for the machine too. i do like keifer sutherland though, i've liked him since the days of 'flatliners' and 'the lost boys'. figure might as well add him to my collection of movie stars..lol

#14 12 years ago

Lost Boys rocks! And there are lots of pins seen in that movie too! Ahh...the 80s...

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

And there are lots of pins seen in that movie too!

i forgot all about that..aren't they at the carnival? or the strip? i haven't seen that movie in years. kids these days don't know anything about vampire love. lmao

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

It will be a neat 1-2 punch both being great shows and such contrasting play styles.

+1, even if the gameplay sucked that would be a cool line-up...

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

've heard numbers ranging from 1000-1200, which is about double the production of CSI. I've heard 400-600 CSIs. I'm lucky enough to have a CSI and really hope to have a 24 next to it someday.

Yep, I think your right on with production numbers. I would like a CSI next to my 24 also.

#18 12 years ago

Yeah, CSI and 24 would go well together. Different shot assortments, both pretty fun games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anniston, AL
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, OR
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/24-any-owners and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.