(Topic ID: 43019)

$2250 for Dirty Harry - should I go for it?

By bigballa69

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago

Saw this for sale near me for $4500. I thought it seemed high, but after reading this thread, i know it is.

3 months later
#52 6 years ago

go ahead punk make my day.........

#53 6 years ago

I just purchased a DH here in Australia for $1500, had a broken flipper but the rest is pristine.......awesome pin and a cheap buy for one in OZ, normally they go for $3500/4000 over here any day of the week

#54 6 years ago

Ask yourself, "Do you feel lucky????"

3 weeks later
#55 6 years ago

Original poster, did you get the DH and if so, what do you think of your first buy?

#56 6 years ago

dfsay - Dirty Harry is pretty awesome, no regrets at all, I have had to do a few fixes here and there, but nothing too crazy. I play it almost everyday still. The only problem is that I wish my place was bigger, cause now I just wanna buy more pinball machines.

#57 6 years ago

That's the way it goes big 1 turns into 2, Then 2 goes to 4 and hopefully stop or go to 12 like I did. I think 5 is the magic number not to get bored with your pins. I am down to 8 from 12 and DH is still here and staying . Great challenging game.

#58 6 years ago

DH, is awesome with fast pace ball action and missions plusnheapsmof multi ball modes.......did you buy it?

#59 6 years ago

Congrats.

I would have bought it at that price too.

You should get tired of it, and send it my way.

#60 6 years ago

Mine acts weird every once in a while. Just had to replace the DMD controller and it fixed the problem, but I think the DMD itself needs replacing too.

Do you ever have the ball roll out of the gun? Happens to me once in a while and worse if i set the pin a little steeper.

DH was my 2nd pin. Wish I could fit more comfortably. Firepower or Centaur would be next

#61 6 years ago

Yep balls rolling out the gun is comon, not sure what the problem is but mines not level at the moment so that could explain it.

#62 6 years ago

I picked up one last year with a NOS playfield installed, LEDd out, re-chromed, fully shopped, and (except for a couple nicks on the cab + a single broken plastic in the outlane) looks brand new. I don't regret , if I would have known how much I like it I would have paid the $2400 he was asking. I got it for $2200, thought it was a little much at the time but not now. I like it better than my TOM and that was like twice as much money.

Plays fast and has a couple crazy fast combo shots that get the reflexes going. Has a bunch of cool modes (crime wave, shootout, midnight madness).

The only Cons:
1. It can be real hard and frustrating because it doesn't have an outlane kickout and you can get some nasty drains.
2. if the upper right flipper isn't working well you will be completely frustrated.
3. If you have game set at too high of an incline the right ramp can be very hard, you have to hit the thing dead on to get it up there sometimes.

It will make you a better player I'll tell you what...

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from blackjack33:

Has a bunch of cool modes (crime wave, shootout, midnight madness).
The only Cons:
1. It can be real hard and frustrating because it doesn't have an outlane kickout and you can get some nasty drains.
3. If you have game set at too high of an incline the right ramp can be very hard, you have to hit the thing dead on to get it up there sometimes.

The outlanes on that game are just flat out weird, that's for sure. And the ramps are not the easiest...it can be hard for novice friends over to hit them.

But seriously...who the hell has ever completed the "Shoot Out?" I'm batting around 0 for 50 on that!

#64 6 years ago

How about "Safe house" mode? Did you know they get progressively more interesting? I'm not sure I've even played them all. Wish there was an option to randomize them.

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

But seriously...who the hell has ever completed the "Shoot Out?" I'm batting around 0 for 50 on that!

Gotten shootout many times.
Drag is it's only points, I wish it gave your ball back.

#66 6 years ago

Was the game as Minty as described?

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from dfsays:

How about "Safe house" mode? Did you know they get progressively more interesting? I'm not sure I've even played them all. Wish there was an option to randomize them.

The last Safehouse mode is Alcatraz Multiball, which is almost like an alternate wizard mode. Tough to get, since you have to keep hitting the left ramp to advance rank to get all 5 modes (bank, warehouse, super loops, EB, Alcatraz).

DH is a good game, but you have to be pretty good... lots of dead space on that playfield, no gimmie shots.

#68 6 years ago

Yeah, it's pretty easy to just have the ball keep bumping into the things in the middle of the PF with nothing happening, other than spotting some bullets.

Hitting the left ramp with the upper flipper for super jackpots during multiball is very rewarding though.

#69 6 years ago

Shooting the HQ hole from the cannon for the skill shots is rewarding, have to hit it perfectly

#70 6 years ago

Shootout 15 bullets in 20 secs, ive done it a few times......

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Shootout 15 bullets in 20 secs, ive done it a few times......

Hmmm. I think my shoot out is set up diff'rently?..I thought it gave me a time limit to hit/light each single bullet; Interesting.

#72 6 years ago

That's what I thought...continues to launch all balls to complete all 7 bullets within 20 sec. I've not completed it yet. I wish it was just any 15....I could do that. Some are just hard to target.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from wizzardz:

I wish it was just any 15....I could do that. Some are just hard to target.

Yeah that's a lot easier.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Freehold Township, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside