(Topic ID: 43019)

$2250 for Dirty Harry - should I go for it?

By bigballa81

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

hey dawgs, got a chance to buy a pretty minty Dirty Harry pin. Should I do it? I have never played one, but it looks like a bad ass game.

#2 11 years ago

Sounds about right if the condition is spot on.

#3 11 years ago

Go for it punk.

Dawg??

#4 11 years ago

good price, if it truly is mint, fun game 7 out of 10 a bitch to rerubber. if you could get it for 2,000 i would do it.

#5 11 years ago

it seems like dirty harry pinball machines don't come up in the market too often tho, I asked the dude if I could get it for 2 gs but he wasn't down. Bummed me out.

#6 11 years ago

If you really want that title then price is ok. Kinda on the high side for this title

#7 11 years ago

One in seattle area posted without pics for 1500
another with pics for over 2K

just fyi

#8 11 years ago

Sounds a bit high ...

#9 11 years ago

I sold mine last year for 1450...it was truly minty with no magnet burn...the guy put it up for 2650 and still has it. Last year everybody was hating DH, Why the new found love

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Sounds a bit high ...

If its a wishlist pin that will stay in a lineup.. then how can you really put a true price on it?

#11 11 years ago

That is very high for my location. no idea where you are located, but $1500-$2k TOPS is the current market on DH.

#12 11 years ago

Great game for a fair price . A very challenging pin that has jumped in value and is still a better buy at 2.2 k than a lot of these 4-7k pins.

#14 11 years ago

go for it

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That is very high for my location. no idea where you are located, but $1500-$2k TOPS is the current market on DH.

^this^

#16 11 years ago

I think you should.

#17 11 years ago

A good game. I haven't seen one for a while.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Agreed. That is really expensive for a DH.

#19 11 years ago

I'd sell mine for that. No less. Because I don't really want to sell it.

#20 11 years ago

Ok say I don't get it, I wonder how long I would have to wait till another one comes up, this is the only thing that has me shook.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

One in seattle area posted without pics for 1500
another with pics for over 2K

I holla'd at the dude who had one for 1500, but he never called back, I think he may be scammin'

#22 11 years ago

They rarely come up around me. I drove 600 miles round-trip to buy mine for $2000, and I don't mind that it's on the high side because it's in really nice shape. Passing on a truly "minty" DH over $250 is a bad idea IMHO, but as always verify that claim first.

DH is a great player pin, like BSD, Shadow and Congo. Once collectors realize this, $2000 will be the floor, not the ceiling.

#23 11 years ago

I had one for a while, but got bored with it quickly. I'd wait for a better game personally. $2k seems too high also.

#24 11 years ago

Jeez, don't listen to some of these guys.Obviously a few cheap skates in da house! Your saying its MINTY and they say $2250 is too high? Then they really have no clue what the market is today... if its close to MINTY as you say then you shouldn't even be asking. Just get it! This title is going up! As long as your not overstating the condition $2250 is more than fair...

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

it seems like Dirty Harry pinball machines don't come up in the market too often tho, I asked the dude if I could get it for 2 gs but he wasn't down. Bummed me out.

Have you seen the pin in person and inspected it / played it? The reason I ask is that an offer over the phone or through email sometimes is pointless to a seller. That is not always the case, but it can be depending on the sellers viewpoint. I have had many offers for pins and other items without the person following through. At this point I believe an offer when I see the cash, unless I know the buyer.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from PinFan4Life:

I had one for a while, but got bored with it quickly. I'd wait for a better game personally. $2k seems too high also.

ditto , it gets old. And we had a sweeet huo-like condition DH.. paid 1200 less than 1.5 years ago.

meh

#27 11 years ago

Is it a sample by chance? Does it have a red drop target under the warehouse? That makes a huge difference as well. A minty sample DH could bring close to $3k...

#28 11 years ago

You can listen to the pinflipper that cheers on every price as always going up, or you can listen to facts...

here is a local one that looks really nice. I figure it has been on Clist for a few days, so hopefully no harm in posting it to use as an example.

northernwi.craigslist.org link

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You can listen to the pinflipper that cheers on every price as always going up, or you can listen to facts...
here is a local one that looks really nice. I figure it has been on Clist for a few days, so hopefully no harm in posting it to use as an example.

This is a steal and will be gone in minutes... a minty DH easily worth $2250, PERIOD! HIP HIP HOORAAY!

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

And because you insult someone you are the "facts"? You found one listing on Craigslist. How about a fellow pinsider selling one. Maybe you made that listimg to support your claim?

#31 11 years ago

It's all relative to what someone is WILLING to pay. Personally I find it high for that title....but like others have said, if it's on your wish-list....go for it!!!!

#32 11 years ago

again, the key word here is MINTY. That is the description the OP used. If it is seriously MINTY it is seriously worth $2250, PERIOD. Condition means everything. $2250 doesn't get you much today when it comes to WPC 90's pins. Especially is we're talking MINTY!

#33 11 years ago

It would help if we also knew the OP and where he lives has a bearing on price. Hey dawgs does anyone know bigballa69? Or is this a retailer fishing?

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

It's all relative to what someone is WILLING to pay. Personally I find it high for that title....but like others have said, if it's on your wish-list....go for it!!!!

Quoted from teekee:

again, the key word here is MINTY. That is the description the OP used. If it is seriously MINTY it is seriously worth $2250, PERIOD. Condition means everything. $2250 doesn't get you much today when it comes to WPC 90's pins. Especially is we're talking MINTY!

The fact of it is, you're both right. We got a deal, but there's thousands of people that will pay 2k+ im sure. that's just the way it is

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Thanks, That could end up in Rhinelander.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Exactly!! Use the prices mentioned here as a guide and a guide only. If it were me, and it's local and I can inspect it and it is really nice and it's a title I really want and I can load it up and take it home, it's worth $2250 all day long.

Not worth that much to you and you'd rather search and search for something cheaper, knock yourself out.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

those aren't the pics of the actual machine for sale.

Quoted from bigduke6:Thanks, That could end up in Rhinelander.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

those aren't the pics of the actual machine for sale.

One thing you should never do... use an example from CL to try to validate a point!

#39 11 years ago

Add a poll!

#40 11 years ago

I've followed this game for a while... seems like have alll been around $1600-2000.
But also depends on what you mean by minty.. just because top of pf is shopped/waxed and no broken plastics.. but if cabinet has a few scratches and especially if underside of pf is typical filthy, uncleaned/dirty brackets... then yeah that would seem little high...

#41 11 years ago

yeah, I know. Sorry if that bunked anyones deal. I figure the add has been up for a while so anyone looking was already on it.

That said, I prefer to site a real sale rather than just fabricate sales from unicorn land in order to validate claims of prices.

#42 11 years ago

Not a title I am interested in. I did see it for sale a few times last year. I believe they were $1,800 to $2,200. Never looked at one.

#43 11 years ago

Paid $2600 for mine, but that included shipping across the country and was in mint condition/shopped. Never have regretted it.

#44 11 years ago

Does the value go up when Clint passes away?

#45 11 years ago

Pull the trigger and get it.

#46 11 years ago

You'll be pissed after an hour of play. Pass on this title and try something else.

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

It would help if we also knew the OP and where he lives has a bearing on price. Hey dawgs does anyone know bigballa69? Or is this a retailer fishing?

I'm a real guy, not a retailer, buying my first pin. I think i'm gonna go for it. Thanks for all your help doods!

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from bigballa81:

I'm a real guy, not a retailer, buying my first pin. I think i'm gonna go for it. Thanks for all your help doods!

Good luck dude. Cool pin. Enjoy and welcome to collecting.

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Hey dawgs does anyone know bigballa69?

Hahahahaha, quote of the day.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from matthess:

You'll be pissed after an hour of play. Pass on this title and try something else.

Yes, but he'll be delighted after 10 hours of play. Get it, get it...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Clovis, NM
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2250-for-dirty-harry-should-i-go-for-it/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.