(Topic ID: 8801)

$2250 for Demolition Man or $2500 for Getaway 2 free shipping for first pin?

By love4movies

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by jalpert
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

I am looking for my first pin. I have been watching locally for pins to show up. I live in Billings, MT and haven't had much luck. I tracked a couple pins down of titles that I like that are in what they describe as very nice condition. This is from a dealership in a larger city that reconditions and sells pins. I think I should be patient and probably wait to see what shows up locally but I have the urge to buy something. Are these reasonable prices? Of course I will have to find out more information before I jump into anything. Just thought I would ask. Everyone seems very helpful in this forum, especially for a newbie like myself. Thanks.

#2 12 years ago

Too much for either pin......DM $1500 max and Getaway is probably about the same price range.

#3 12 years ago

That's too high you need to shop around.No such thing as free shipping

#4 12 years ago

Dude there is an absolutely PERFECT Getaway near me for $2200 and it's still too much.

#5 12 years ago

Great taste in pins but be careful. I've seen Getaway prices a bit out of control but I got my DM for $1100. Might want to keep an eye on Craigslist for a better deal.

#6 12 years ago

Thanks for your quick responses. That's what I thought too. I have been studying what has and has not sold on ebay and watching craigslist within the region. I see deals on craigslist all the time but they are too far away. Are people on craigslist willing to ship? I am hesitant anyway to buy anything sight unseen.

#7 12 years ago

DM is a 1,200 game and Getaway II is around 1,300 ave.

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from love4movies:

Thanks for your quick responses. That's what I thought too. I have been studying what has and has not sold on ebay and watching craigslist within the region. I see deals on craigslist all the time but they are too far away. Are people on craigslist willing to ship? I am hesitant anyway to buy anything sight unseen.

Ah, yeah.. I can imagine things being a little more spread out around you. Up here in the Northeast we're all kinda crammed together.

Most people on Craig's around here won't ship. You are right to want see/play first. There's some nutty sellers out there. Patience is key. I'm sure something will come along before long.

#9 12 years ago

I normally stay away from the "price police" stuff, but dude...those pins are overpriced by almost exactly a grand apiece. You could buy either on eBay, etc, pay the $400 shipping and still be ahead by $600.

I am all for spending a little extra in the name of convenience, impatience, whatever, if that's what you feel like you gotta do. But those are WAY out of line.

#10 12 years ago

Yikes! I wouldn't pull the trigger on either one of those at that price. Please, relax and be a little more patient. Both of those Pins are available quite often, you might have to drive a little but you should save a good 1K.

#11 12 years ago

Alright you have definitely reaffirmed what I was thinking. A guy gets a little nuts with impatience sometimes. No one else needs to post to this question. My mind is made up. Waiting is the best choice. Thanks to all.

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

DM is a 1,200 game and Getaway II is around 1,300 ave.

I could see that, but you'll be waiting a while..... I wish I waited before buying my first pin. I like ww and it's fun, but my ft is more my style.

#13 12 years ago

you guys ever taken an economics class? supply and demand brothers..supply and demand. being that you live way the up in the bu** fu++ middle of nowhere (like i do) these pins are worth that much. if i were you, pick up that demolition man...but not over 1800....unless its super minty with leds. period. that demo man is a keeper, the other..not so much. my WOW

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

Both of those Pins are available quite often, you might have to drive a little but you should save a good 1K

totally not agreeing. you don't live where the population of deer and antelope exceed humans.

#15 12 years ago

and 1 more time...we don't live in the suburbs or the city, where these machines are available every 2 weeks..more like once every 6 months if WE'RE lucky. my 2 cents

#16 12 years ago

Like the other guy said, talk the dm down a lot if you've got to buy but the price is too high even at 1800-ish. They probably won't budge much on getaway. You might want to explore shipping from a seller in another state at those prices. You might think about non pin trades as well. I would wait, personally, for another local seller.

#17 12 years ago

They do seem high, but for anyone to say a game is a $$ game of any price is not true. Depending on the upgrades, restoration, leds, mods, anything is possible.

I sold a DM that was very mint, chromed handles, full LED, tough plastics to find found. Worth much more than the general price.

#18 12 years ago

I would not suggest buying one that you do not see in person first. At the very least try and get someone off here to go look at it if possible. If you look on here there are a couple of horror stories about people buying retail machines. The last one as a batman missing the museum hardware.

There are some retail places with good reputations, but don't expect to ever get your money out of it.

#19 12 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

you guys ever taken an economics class? supply and demand brothers..supply and demand. being that you live way the up in the bu** fu++ middle of nowhere (like i do) these pins are worth that much. if i were you, pick up that Demolition Man...but not over 1800....unless its super minty with leds. period. that demo man is a keeper, the other..not so much. my WOW

Umm I thought the same but in my state they seem to pop up for deals about 2-3 hours drive from me. Also shipping isn't that much, 200-300? So if you can find a machine for $1k less and pay shipping you got a great deal.

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Also shipping isn't that much, 200-300? So if you can find a machine for $1k less and pay shipping you got a great deal.

The last shipping quote I had from Denver to the Chicago area was $406 from NAVL. That seems to be the norm from what I'm hearing.

#21 12 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

The last shipping quote I had from Denver to the Chicago area was $406 from NAVL

Probably at least 25% cheaper through coinopshippers.com (a pinsider)

I know there was a recent horror story involving Fedex freight through him but he jumped on it with an hour of it being posted here. I don't know the final result, though.

#22 12 years ago

2-3 hour drive each way. upside is you get to look at the pin and with gas and lunch you are still way better off money wise than you would be by shipping a game. other things to factor in are if you are face to face with the seller you can haggle, and see if you are getting what is advertised. if you ship a game it is more likely to be damaged than if you transport it yourself. you care about the game way more than bubba the truck driver.if you buy a game site unseen and have it shipped and its hacked or water damaged etc. you are screwed. pay pal and ebay will not do much for you and you will have to pay the cost of return shipping. long story short. you want a good pin, be willing to make a 2-3 hour drive. just my 2 cents.

#23 12 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

northvibe said: Also shipping isn't that much, 200-300? So if you can find a machine for $1k less and pay shipping you got a great deal.
The last shipping quote I had from Denver to the Chicago area was $406 from NAVL. That seems to be the norm from what I'm hearing.

There are like 2 or 3 others you could try. Some coin one as well. I had a quote for almost 400 and they thought it was too much money. Pinheadpuckguy said you can have it shipped to a "loading dock" place and pick it up yourself for even cheaper.

#24 12 years ago

They aren't worth that much. If you live in the middle of nowhere, add $300 to any game because that's what it costs to get it shipped. As long as you live in the continental US, and the seller can strap it to a pallet, "supply and demand" doesn't make DM worth $1,800 in any case.

Why would you recommend the buyer pay $1,800 to ship a game in from a dealer, when there are plenty of great pinball people who are trusted that would sell him one closer to $1,300? If the $1,800 was local you might have a point.

If you live in the sticks, and you need to buy a game site unseen that sucks. If I was the OP I'd rather find a game from someone in the pinball community as long as I could verify their rep and save the money.

Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

you guys ever taken an economics class? supply and demand brothers..supply and demand. being that you live way the up in the bu** fu++ middle of nowhere (like i do) these pins are worth that much.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 81.95
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2250-for-demolition-man-or-2500-for-getaway-2-free-shipping-for-first-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.