Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Legacy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Wow, there are 220 members online right now. My how this webpage has grown. Great work Robin and everyone else who contributes to the community here - keeping it both upbeat and informative.

#3 11 years ago

#5 11 years ago

This number will grow at peak hours as long as rgp and the price police continue to post and spew their hatred. I myself am really liking this moderated forum.

#6 11 years ago

I agree. Love Pinside. Im addicted. Great way to relax and learn

#7 11 years ago

working and multitasking on the site

#8 11 years ago

It is amazing!!! I joined this site just under a year ago and the traffic has more than doubled in that time. If pinball is dying, someone needs to clue in the Pinsiders, cause they didn't get that memo.

#9 11 years ago

There was a memo?

#10 11 years ago

To be fair.. I never log out.. Every time I open my iPad browser it reloads.

#11 11 years ago

They must be all buyers and do not work on their own pins.

I asked a tech. question over an hour ago and not one response, kind or reminiscent of how RGP was before it's decline.

#12 11 years ago

This website sucks now with this many people

I mean all expect Black_Rose....he'll aways be the flag bearer!

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from Shoot_Again:

There was a memo?

Yes, it goes out the first of every month, reminding you to sell your pins before they become worthless because of a lack of interest.

#14 11 years ago

I am hardly ever on RGP anymore....liking the attitudes here much better. Moderators seem to actively passive, which is good.

Noticed more RGP handles carrying over to here more and more every week. Noticed RGP counter never going higher than 145 in last 2 years.

--Rick.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from pin-tastic:

They must be all buyers and do not work on their own pins.
    I asked a tech. question over an hour ago and not one response, kind or reminiscent of how RGP was before it's decline.

This thread is actually one of the reasons some of the tech questions do not get answered. There are so many questions coming so fast they get missed or there is not enought time to answer them all. I know trying to mod I cannot get to everything.

EDIT: I just noticed you mentioned it had only been an hour. Sometimes you need to wait for the right person to come on to answer the question as well. Give it 24 hours and bump it.

#16 11 years ago

Ever since I joined, Pinside has skyrocketed in members. I definitely think it's a great thing, and I'm happy to see new members, young and old, on Pinside.

#17 11 years ago

It’s a great site, I love participating in the EM tech help myself.
    But the one thing I hate is when you spend some time working on an issue, and the OP does not reply with the final outcome.
    Of cause that is not a fault with this site!!

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from Chrisbee:

It’s a great site, I love participating in the EM tech help myself.
    But the one thing I hate is when you spend some time working on an issue, and the OP does not reply with the final outcome.
    Of cause that is not a fault with this site!!

Agreed OP's should always thank others for help and let them know the results.

I'm very surprised with how much this site has grown. A few years ago there would be one or two new thread topics a day, the current levels of traffic are amazing.

#19 11 years ago

It's fantastic, when I just came online I noticed 247 simultaneous visitors. Last month we reached 1,971,677 pageviews by 57,519 unique visitors. On average a visit takes 11 minutes. 20% of visitors are new influx each month. Wow! Who said pinball's dying?

Remember, you can always help by donating to the site - or better yet, setting up a monthly donation to help cover our monthly hosting fees - we're still ad-free and proud of it too!

Let's go for two million page views next month!

#20 11 years ago

Im loving it. When I first joined we used to get excited when 30 people were on the board. Man has this site flourished.
    I will do anything and everything possible to keep Pinside ad-free. Big thanks to the mods and Robin for providing such a nice second home.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

220 people online right now!

I see the pinflation prices rising at the same rate....

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Popularity does that to a hobby it can't be helped unfortunately.

#23 11 years ago

How does this growth impact the "pinball is dying" theory? Is pinball "moving" instead of dying?

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

How does this growth impact the "pinball is dying" theory? Is pinball "moving" instead of dying?

I don't know if it really says anything aboot it. Never been to RGP but all I've ever heard is people complaining aboot it, so it would make sense people are moving from there to hear.

#25 11 years ago

RGP is great for tech advice and know-how. Lots of great fixes. If you can deal with the meanies...

#26 11 years ago

Exactly what i hear also. Obviously it seems to be a collection of tech info for years and years, which is great...but the layout alone is not a place you post stuff and shoot the breeze all day, IMO.
    That is like a newsgroup or whatever...and those are dying out for a long time...new people interesting in learning aboot this stuff like a site that looks like other sites they are familiar with.

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Never been to RGP

http://rgparchive-removed.com/rgpforum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Check it out.

Deeper tech support, way deep EM support, archives that go back to the 1990's.

But also it has spam for Nike shoes, franknfurter, and other of the usual problems with unmoderated forums.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The "downside" of pinball's growing popularity? Well, at least we get more and more manufacturers stepping up, reminiscent of the good old nineties...

Maybe once WOZ, Predator, Animal House and BHZA are released we will gradually start to see prices of older pins going down? /wishfull thinking

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't know if it really says anything aboot it. Never been to RGP but all I've ever heard is people complaining aboot it, so it would make sense people are moving from there to hear.

About.

AboUt!

And "here", not "hear".

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Maybe once WOZ, Predator, Animal House and BHZA are released we will gradually start to see prices of older pins going down? /wishfull thinking

Maybe (hopefully).

But I'll say a bunch of guys wanting to revisit their youth will still be wanting the old stuff.

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

About.
    AboUt!
    And "here", not "hear".

Weird...never screwed up on a "here" before. I always type 'aboot' though.

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

About.
    AboUt!
    And "here", not "hear".

Man that irritates me when someone has to correct spelling.This is a Pinball forum not english class.I'm so paranoid now I have to bring out a dictionary everytime I post a thread.

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Weird...never screwed up on a "here" before. I always type 'aboot' though.

Yeah, I noticed, which is why I finally had to say something! lol

#34 11 years ago

That's how I roll. Michigan is a lot closer to Canadia than Cali!

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from brz:

Man that irritates me when someone has to correct spelling.This is a Pinball forum not english class.I'm so paranoid now I have to bring out a dictionary everytime I post a thread.

Yet you are brave enough to respond to a post about spelling itself. Congratulations!

#36 11 years ago

My pet peeves are when people use:

Advise rather than Advice

Conversate rather than Converse.

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from brz:

I'm with you. All ya realy wanted to do is help, but no someones got ta tellya ya spellens nots so good Ha, Even though your advise or advice, maybe help, is 2nd to none.

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Weird...never screwed up on a "here" before. I always type 'aboot' though

For the record, here in eastern Canada it's more like "a-boat" rather than "a-boot".

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

For the record, here in eastern Canada it's more like "a-boat" rather than "a-boot".

Sure sure...but that's Eastern...I'm close to Mid-Western Canadia.

#40 11 years ago

Where do you see the number of people online?

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from Legacy:

Where do you see the number of people online?

Go to main forum page scroll down a bit on left side in purple says Pinsiders Inside: and provides the count.

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Go to main forum page scroll down a bit on left side in purple says Pinsiders Inside: and provides the count.

Well with all the names listed there I must question myself for never seeing it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/220-people-online-right-now and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.