You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What to spend $212,000 on?”

• All the top 20 pinside games and a Big Hurt for old time's sake 97 votes
    21%
  • A holiday home in Cambodia 37 votes
    8%
  • Save it. You may need a new liver someday and those don't come cheap 166 votes
    37%
  • Move to New York and buy a Hellcat 51 votes
    11%
  • Donate it all to charity 34 votes
    7%
  • Take all the pinsiders you know to a bar and say "drinks are on me!" 69 votes
    15%

(454 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 74 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

o (1) (resized).jpg
o (resized).jpg
o (2) (resized).jpg
Rubios is legit good for fast food Mexican. But now this isn't funny.  (resized).png
o (3) (resized).jpg
o (resized).jpg
o (5) (resized).jpg
Quetzacoatls-Choice (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
421D1078-60EB-44B3-8A30-2CD7CDFA3422 (resized).jpeg
AAA_0258-1 (resized).jpg
133b26e1570f63b1b825aa683abf37da--s-cars-cars-usa (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
b278f3311e0c3212eeb8beef1df70203 (resized).jpg
mylambo23 (resized).jpg
311A9494-750x500 (resized).jpg

There are 381 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
#351 1 year ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Cough up an additional $87K and you can snap up this pinball collection in Italy:
ebay.com link » 180 Pinball Machines Flipper Bally Stern Sega Williams Data East Arcade Gottlieb
Averages out to just under $1700 each but some of them look a little rough.

Too risky right now - Trump may wake up on the wrong side of the bed and next thing you know - Pinball Tariff!

2 months later
#352 10 months ago

A Baywatch, some action figures and a pile of dirt, obviously.

#353 10 months ago

I’d say just get yourself and IMDN LE and you should have enough left over to buy replacement boards for the next 3 years

#354 10 months ago

Did anyone say ten Magic Girls yet?

#355 10 months ago

Buy a nice house in TN .

#356 10 months ago
Quoted from Elvisinmypants:

Did anyone say ten Magic Girls yet?

No, they said SUPREME

LTG : )

2 weeks later
#357 9 months ago
Quoted from jasonp:

Keep saving and you may be able to buy this bad boy.........

Most inspirational post of the entire thread!

2 months later
#358 7 months ago

These pinball games are just kid's stuff compared to some of what I've got in mind.

133b26e1570f63b1b825aa683abf37da--s-cars-cars-usa (resized).jpg
#359 7 months ago

How many of those can you get for $212k?

#360 7 months ago

How about an ugly set of pin footies?

#361 7 months ago

You probably have 20-30+ years to live, you should not spend the money all at once. You may not always have part time job and Social Security may not always cover you expenses.

Better to spend ~5% of the total each year IMO

figure $10-12K per year.

You can never have too much money saved (but you can have not enough saved). I mean it's better to spend less than too much and find out you have not enough to live on when you're 80+ and no longer able to work.

#362 7 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

How many of those can you get for $212k?

According to a recent Barrett Jackson auction result of a similar car... one.

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1970-BUICK-GSX-455-STAGE-1-200519

Of course, if I wanted to go cheap, I could go a couple rungs down the GM ladder, hop on a bus, and drive this sleek little beauty home today.

https://rccmotors.com/inventory/1968_pontiac_gto_no76

AAA_0258-1 (resized).jpg
#363 7 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

compared to some of what I've got in mind.

That’s a SICK GSX!!!
Welp, guess I’d better stop digging...

421D1078-60EB-44B3-8A30-2CD7CDFA3422 (resized).jpeg

#364 7 months ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

That’s a SICK GSX!!!

Yes, it would be the perfect craft for us to arrive in style at our fish taco destinations. And you have seen first hand the garage is being well prepared for it's arrival.

Quoted from NimblePin:

Welp, guess I’d better stop digging...

Who says there can't be both?

We need to get that dude and his crew including the old man out here to make their next episode "The Noone Lagoon".

#365 6 months ago

I'm glad this thread is back.

Taco Bell Is Fucking Disgusting X 212,000

#366 6 months ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

I'm glad this thread is back.
[quoted image] X 212,000

Why is it that Taco Bell cannot make a commercial where it's food doesn't look like total dogshit? I say this as someone that would probably pick Taco Bell over McDonald's in a pinch, but c'mon guys.

#367 6 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Why is it that Taco Bell cannot make a commercial where it's food doesn't look like total dogshit? I say this as someone that would probably pick Taco Bell over McDonald's in a pinch, but c'mon guys.

In so cal we are very Lucky to Always Drive past any Taco Bell we see. I never see people in drive-thru's.
In a pinch we have Del Taco, way better than the bell.
But, with so many local Mexican hole in walls I prefer flavor in my Mexican food.
Los Cotijas, Wahoo's, Taco Zamora, Dos Chino's, Even an old favorite expanding all over the OC- Miguel's Jr.

#368 6 months ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

In so cal we are very Lucky to Always Drive past any Taco Bell we see. I never see people in drive-thru's.
In a pinch we have Del Taco, way better than the bell.
But, with so many local Mexican hole in walls I prefer flavor in my Mexican food.
Los Cotijas, Wahoo's, Taco Zamora, Dos Chino's, Even an old favorite expanding all over the OC- Miguel's Jr.

Lots of excellent fastish-food Mexican options here in Denver as well, so there's never a reason to hit Taco Bell unless its 2 a.m. or you're on I-80 in the middle of Nebraska.

#369 6 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I mean, it's a $1.00 burrito. The photographers aren't miracle workers.

#370 6 months ago

Of course we're probably wasting our time, o-din already has a favorite taco shop.

Quetzacoatls-Choice (resized).png
#371 6 months ago

you spend the money on diamond encrusted ODIN tshirts and give them to everyone at Expo in a couple of weeks time!

#372 6 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Of course we're probably wasting our time, o-din already has a favorite taco shop.

Yeah, I don't eat Taco Bell's dog food. Even if I had a dog, I would probably serve him something better than that. I do Del Taco on occasion, but there are so many good, real taco joints, it's hard to pic a favorite.

For a sit down joint, it's hard to beat El Farolito's. For a quick drive thru meal I can go to Pepe's . And for fish taco's it's the new Baja California place. All are just a short drive from here. The only question is which one to go to tonight?
o (5) (resized).jpgo (resized).jpg

o (3) (resized).jpg

#373 6 months ago

Fine. Rubio's. Fish Taco Especial (adds guacamole):

Rubio's is legit-good for fast food Mexican. But now this isn't funny.

X 106,000 using their Taco Tuesday pricing

or

x 70,903 @ regular price

#374 6 months ago

I used to love Rubios as they had a cool salsa bar and good food, but at the one near us the prices went way up and the quality way down, so we don't go there anymore. Baja Fresh was another good one, but they are disappearing one at a time.

Still do Wahoos once in a while, but the new place Baja California blows them all away. And they stay pretty busy.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/baja-california-fish-tacos-fullerton-2

#375 6 months ago

Food looks a little heavy. Just looking at it makes me want to poop!

#376 6 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

I used to love Rubios as they had a cool salsa bar and good food, but at the one near us the prices went way up and the quality way down, so we don't go there anymore. Baja Fresh was another good one, but they are disappearing one at a time.
Still do Wahoos once in a while, but the new place Baja California blows them all away. And they stay pretty busy.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/baja-california-fish-tacos-fullerton-2

The Wahoos by me in Pasadena is now closed. Their rice/beans, supplemented with a generous helping of freshly squeezed lime and some cilantro, got me through some lean times in my 20's.

My local Rubio's is still solid. Franchise strength varies. Your dollar doesn't go as far there as it does other places, but they seem to have better ingredients than other fast food joints.

#377 6 months ago

It wasn't that hard to decide what tacos to get on the way home from work last evening. Luckily I made it there between the rushes and found a parking spot and no line to order.
o (2) (resized).jpgo (resized).jpg

o (1) (resized).jpg

#378 6 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

It wasn't that hard to decide what tacos to get on the way home from work last evening.

How many of your 184,347.82 tacos did you eat last night and how many are you saving for later?

#379 6 months ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

How many of your 184,347.82 tacos did you eat last night and how many are you saving for later?

I bought three with the possibility of eating two and saving one for later. But I ate all three.

It was good!

#380 6 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

I bought three with the possibility of eating two and saving one for later. But I ate all three.
It was good!

Does Pinside allow OPs to edit their thread titles?

I feel like this should now read: "$211,996.55 To Spend. What To Buy?"

Mods?

#381 6 months ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

I feel like this should now read: "$211,996.55 To Spend. What To Buy?"

Mods?

Reminds me of a movie I happened across last night called "Cash". Where every cent was counted and accounted for.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 50.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Irwin, PA
1,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tehachapi, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 381 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside