You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What to spend $212,000 on?”

• All the top 20 pinside games and a Big Hurt for old time's sake 111 votes
    22%
  • A holiday home in Cambodia 42 votes
    8%
  • Save it. You may need a new liver someday and those don't come cheap 183 votes
    37%
  • Move to New York and buy a Hellcat 54 votes
    11%
  • Donate it all to charity 36 votes
    7%
  • Take all the pinsiders you know to a bar and say "drinks are on me!" 75 votes
    15%

(501 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinside_forum_4264418_1206391 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240114_073938_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240113_081226_Chrome (resized).jpg
ff6c4cee61f94f9081ccc1782f6a533c (resized).jpg
IMG_0578 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2024-01-09 at 9.34.55 PM (resized).png
o (1) (resized).jpg
o (resized).jpg
o (2) (resized).jpg
Rubios is legit good for fast food Mexican. But now this isn't funny.  (resized).png
o (3) (resized).jpg
o (resized).jpg
o (5) (resized).jpg
Quetzacoatls-Choice (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
421D1078-60EB-44B3-8A30-2CD7CDFA3422 (resized).jpeg
There are 436 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.
#301 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Endless Summer, dude.

Wow. Great picture of Del Mar Street before my generation of vw bugs with surf racks. It still is endless summers for some of us unemployable locals who either surf, golf, or both.

#302 6 years ago

Love those vintage photos when I can find them. Blew my mind that I just found an old pic of the Carls Jr. I worked at when I was 14. A few blocks from where I am now. It is now a 7-11 which I always said we needed one around here. No shortage of 7-11s in San Clemente eh?

somewhereCA1960s_3500 (resized).jpgsomewhereCA1960s_3500 (resized).jpg

#303 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Love those vintage photos when I can find them. Blew my mind that I just found an old pic of the Carls Jr. I worked at when I was 14. A few blocks from where I am now. It is now a 7-11 which I always said we needed one around here. No shortage of 7-11s in San Clemente eh?

Oh man. I remember being in the back of one of those station wagons when another kid got car sick. Was never able to eat cottage cheese after that. Don't think I was ever missing much though.

#304 6 years ago

That is certainly pre 1970, because as you see you walked up and ordered at an outside window and I remember doing that when I was a kid. Shortly after they moved the order counters inside.

Reason it went away about 5 years ago, is it was one of the last one's without a drive thru. That KFC on the right was the first one around and we used to barter with them exchanging burgers for chicken. It had that big rotating bucket on top. It's long gone too.

#305 6 years ago

And now....

DSCN5730 (resized).JPGDSCN5730 (resized).JPG

#306 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It had that big rotating bucket on top

I miss seeing those. Who knew that would trigger a feeling of nostalgia with me.

#307 6 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

I miss seeing those. Who knew that would trigger a feeling of nostalgia with me.

The energy crisis in the 70s shut that bucket down, but it still remained there until that KFC finally went away. Seems the chicken and everything else about that place was much better back then.

#308 6 years ago

Pioneer chicken's chicken was the best. IMO.

#309 6 years ago

And Blacks beach was a total family spot.

#310 6 years ago

o-din when you make your decision on how to spend your money, are you going to mark this thread as "resolved"?

#311 6 years ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

o-din when you make your decision on how to spend your money, are you going to mark this thread as "resolved"?

First I gotta get the money. My good looks only take me so far anymore.

#312 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

First I gotta get the money. My good looks only take me so far anymore.

Don't forget your sense of humor. People like funny.

#313 6 years ago

Hire Van Halen to play at your birthday party . (Fast Times at Ridgemont High)

#314 6 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Hire Van Halen to play at your birthday party . (Fast Times at Ridgemont High)

Van Halen already played our high school and that is real ancient history.

If I was to hire a band to play, the least I could do would be to try to support the local economy like with these guys. And try to get back the $5 the dude still owes me. Then I might be on my way...

#315 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If I was to hire a band to play, the least I could do would be to try to support the local economy like with these guys. And try to get back the $5 the dude still owes me. Then I might be on my way...
» YouTube video

With Roth?. That would be cool to see. I have only seen Roth on his own tour once at Alpine Valley Theatre.

#316 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

» YouTube video

Now that's funny, cause I'm sure it's true. They were a small Pasadena band opening up for bands like A La Carte who nobody but maybe Odin remembers. I happened to be at friends house when the members of A La Carte were there talking about old times and how that could have been them. And I was thinking yeah, other than the fact Van Halen kept getting better, learned how to write music, and perform it to huge audiences, yeah that could have been you. And I'm not a fanboy of Van Halen in any way. And yes that was David when Odin would have seen him.

#317 6 years ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

A La Carte who nobody but maybe Odin remembers.

Now there's a blast from the past.

I also remember the annual drunkfest on Del Mar street, or Fiesta as they call it where bands like Gadnium, Johnny Monster and the Nightmares, and Sacred Haze would play. Good times!

#318 6 years ago

My vote is get a stereo system and you'd have several thousand left over for LP's!

#319 6 years ago

Nah, screw all that!
Get a King Arthur Supreme pizza and a Flowbarrel 10!

All the comforts of home, right in your backyard.

http://www.flowrider.com/product/flowbarrel-ten/

#320 6 years ago

Forgot pic...

8A71F60C-4706-4807-873B-1B4035DE1CB6 (resized).jpeg8A71F60C-4706-4807-873B-1B4035DE1CB6 (resized).jpeg

You’ll need to relocate two of the avocado trees for the footprint but, making an epic new Noone Lagoon will be all worth it!

#321 6 years ago

Live a very simple, care free life and just take time to stop and smell the roses ( the ocean in my case ) been doing it for 7 years now and wouldn't change anything.
Don't keep up with the Jones's.

#322 6 years ago

My $0.02. Here is what I would do with $212k in the bank:

- Order TNA: $6k
- Throw a party when the game arrives: $1k
- Dedicate $5k for a super cool trip to Australia / New Zealand for the Kiwi/Aussie pinball party
- Save the remaining $200k for retirement, health, kids, rainy days...

#323 6 years ago

Wave pool and TNA are certainly two of the best suggestions so far!

#324 6 years ago

I always thought it would be fun for parties to have a mechanical bull in my basement. Wonder how much they go for? Or how much headroom is needed?

(I'm seriously looking into this)

#325 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I always thought it would be fun for parties to have a mechanical bull in my basement. Wonder how much they go for? Or how much headroom is needed?

PM @bangerjay, I think he got one recently and could probably give you some pointers.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-anyone-hook-me-up-with-a-mechanical-bull

#326 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

http://www.mechanicalbullsales.com/product-category/mechanical-bulls/bull-packages/?gclid=CjwKCAjwypjVBRANEiwAJAxlItfs4tg5I6Wyo8ebSUu2Ufai9mp1UBCjmb2K60rmFXHAOU4MkifY6BoCiq0QAvD_BwE

Used they seem to be around $7500 to $13,000

LTG : )

#327 6 years ago

As cool as the mechanical bull sounds, we just aint urban cowboys out here in So Cal.

074e8962f079e93900fd26f4b7a28343 (resized).jpg074e8962f079e93900fd26f4b7a28343 (resized).jpg

#328 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

As cool as the mechanical bull sounds, we just aint urban cowboys out here in So Cal.

Maybe this would be more compatible with the So Cal lifestyle ...
INFLATABULLINFLATABULL

(appropriately, this image was found at ThisIsWhyImBroke.com)

#329 6 years ago

At one time I considered doing something like this to my backyard, but then I smartened up and just hung some misters on the back patio and planted a bunch of avocado trees instead.

4b976ebd993d4f74ff440555f46e393a (resized).jpg4b976ebd993d4f74ff440555f46e393a (resized).jpg

#330 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

At one time I considered doing something like this to my backyard, but then I smartened up and just hung some misters on the back patio and planted a bunch of avocado tress instead.

That's a pic of @iceman44's yard, right?

#331 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

That's a pic of iceman44's yard, right?

Probably. Pools are great in a place with year round sunshine, but with Santa Ana winds blowing on and off throughout the year, keeping the darn thing clean can be a daunting task. Less things to maintain, the better.

#332 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Probably. Pools are great in a place with year round sunshine, but with Santa Ana winds blowing on and off throughout the year, keeping the darn thing clean can be a daunting task. Less things to maintain, the better.

Plus you pee in the pool once or twice and everyone gets upset. The avocado trees are better for that ...

#333 6 years ago

I don't need a cement pond to have a noone lagoon.

#334 6 years ago

I have this Star Wars puzzle for sale on Ebay. One of Hans fingers is a penis. Im not sure why.. but I think its rare, so Im selling it. You could probably afford it if you wanted it.
Check it out!

ebay.com link: itm

#335 6 years ago

Buy me a TNA and original Playboy you rich bastard. LOL

#336 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I have this Star Wars puzzle for sale on Ebay. One of Hans fingers is a penis. Im not sure why.. but I think its rare, so Im selling it. You could probably afford it if you wanted it.
Check it out!
ebay.com link

That is disturbing.

#337 6 years ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

That is disturbing.

... I've heard it's RARE! ...

#338 6 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Buy me a TNA and original Playboy you rich bastard

And a bulldog

And a 70” tv

And a few Porsches.

rd

#339 6 years ago

I would take a live in tech position at your pad any day.

#340 6 years ago

An empty Concession trailer with wiring.
Fill it with Pinball machines.
Mobile fun.
Decorated with Period (1956-1976) Decor.
Rolling Rock beer light.
Psycho black light carpet. Black lights.
Marantz tube amp sound. Bose 901 speakers.
Roof top ventilation to pull smoke out fast.
A toilet with ample storage tanks (put a steel entrance door on it).
Finally, a diesel van to pull it,preferably with 4 wheel drive.
The ultimate rolling party in search of 50 Amp 250V connections.
Take Pinball to Joshua Tree in honor of Graham Parsons. Get Local News to feature your quest.
Get plenty of Insurance, that will do it.

#341 6 years ago

None .. Be smart and find more lucrative options !!!

#342 6 years ago

Pick a color.

lamborghini-huracan-black-2015-(6) (resized).jpglamborghini-huracan-black-2015-(6) (resized).jpg

c6qm3nowgaecset (resized).jpgc6qm3nowgaecset (resized).jpg

lambo (resized).jpglambo (resized).jpg

huracanupdate (resized).jpghuracanupdate (resized).jpg

huracan-front-876(1) (resized).jpghuracan-front-876(1) (resized).jpg

2019-lamborghini-huracan-performante-spyder-1 (resized).jpg2019-lamborghini-huracan-performante-spyder-1 (resized).jpg

311A9494-750x500 (resized).jpg311A9494-750x500 (resized).jpg

mylambo23 (resized).jpgmylambo23 (resized).jpg

b278f3311e0c3212eeb8beef1df70203 (resized).jpgb278f3311e0c3212eeb8beef1df70203 (resized).jpg

#343 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Pick a color.

Matte black, obvi.

#344 6 years ago

How about a nice 7 CAP, NNN building in Ohio. Asking 1M, I can make a 848K offer for you. Your 212K would make a nice down payment. NOI on building is 69k. After debt service you take home 27k is a year. You mentioned IRA. Could be possible to take income tax free depending on IRA. Be 12%+ cash on cash.

#345 6 years ago

Cough up an additional $87K and you can snap up this pinball collection in Italy:

ebay.com link: 180 PINBALL MACHINES FLIPPER BALLY STERN SEGA WILLIAMS DATA EAST ARCADE GOTTLIEB

Averages out to just under $1700 each but some of them look a little rough.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#346 6 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Cough up an additional $87K and you can snap up this pinball collection in Italy:
ebay.com link » 180 Pinball Machines Flipper Bally Stern Sega Williams Data East Arcade Gottlieb
Averages out to just under $1700 each but some of them look a little rough.

Plus the cost of buying legs for all of those machines.

#347 6 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Plus shipping.

#348 6 years ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

Plus shipping.

First "shipping kills it" we can all agree on

#349 6 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

In the upper left corner of the picture is a rack of legs? These machines look like they are sitting in the foyer of a house by the look of the doors top center. Shipping or not, the labor of moving everything would be daunting.

#350 6 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

the labor of moving everything would be daunting.

Tell me about it
Been there done that

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 436 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/212000-to-spend-what-to-buy/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.