Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 548 posts
  • 102 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Gunpin (resized).jpeg
    image7 (1) (resized).jpeg
    image6 (1) (resized).jpeg
    image5 (1) (resized).jpeg
    image4 (1) (resized).jpeg
    image3 (resized).jpeg
    image1 (2) (resized).jpeg
    image0 (1) (resized).jpeg
    image0 (2) (resized).jpeg
    image5 (3) (resized).jpeg
    image6 (3) (resized).jpeg
    image7 (3) (resized).jpeg
    backglass2 (resized).jpeg
    backglass1 (resized).jpeg
    image0 (4) (resized).jpeg
    image0 (3) (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Puffdanny.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#215 11 months ago

Do other people than me really try to fight at pinball events?

#235 11 months ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Just looked at the weax forecast. I might just die.

I agree I'm gonna sweat to death in that heat

#239 11 months ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

TICKETS FOR THE FIGHT ARE STILL BEING SOLD

Do participant's need a ticket?

#259 11 months ago

Saturday forecast 74° no rain

Quoted from yancy:

I know a couple young guys going to the show who will float around like Pepe Le Pew when they get a whiff of that jar.

What about us old guys?

#284 10 months ago

I can bring all of @amkoepfer's left over skunk Bud Light he has littering my basement

#309 10 months ago
    Quoted from tomservo:

If you get a chance, The Arcade in Brighton is great. Lots of classics and also the latest. They just got a Godfather LE, but I haven't been there in the last few weeks to try it out.
    Not affiliated, just a local that lives a few miles away...
    10816 Grand River Ave, Brighton, MI 48116

Hopefully they play better than the last time I was there. We left in disgust after about 2 hours.

#313 10 months ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

You gonna be up round 11? Let's party.

I will be sleeping at 11,I work midnight shift. But you are more than welcome to invite yourself over for some partying/pinball in the early evening. We can jam some punk and metal through my outrageously modded godzilla and you can have all of Andy's beer he's to much of a bitch to finish.

20230326_164321 (resized).jpg20230326_164321 (resized).jpg20230326_164556 (resized).jpg20230326_164556 (resized).jpg20230326_164628 (resized).jpg20230326_164628 (resized).jpg20230326_164635 (resized).jpg20230326_164635 (resized).jpg
    #314 10 months ago
    Quoted from tomservo:

Very few arcades with that many games open to the public are going to be perfect.
    Sure, doesn't compare to a private basement collection or the immaculate VFW. But they keep getting new pins in all the time.
    I don't know of any other local public arcades getting in all the latest pins and doing it better. If you do, please share.

I understand that and I can usually find enough games playing fine it's not an issue but last time we couldn't find but 1 game that was up to snuff. Ulekstore Arcade in the mall of Monroe has the best playing collection in Southeast MI.

#334 10 months ago
    Quoted from nsduprr:

Nothing but the finest trophies for the Friday tournament!
    [quoted image]

So the winners are actually the losers?

#340 10 months ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

I'm just up the street, but only seeing this now.
    I'll drop in abd say hi, how do I know who you are?

He's pudgy and only wears Clutch shirts

#451 10 months ago
    Quoted from Dan_Fielding:

OMG! That was amazing! Made the 2½ trek from the Cleveland area yesterday. At first I thought my GPS was taking me to the middle of nowhere but a mile down the road there it was. If you can't find a game you like to play, you're in the wrong place. I should have kept track of how many different games I played, but I didn't. Many I played for the first time. Many I SAW for the first time. A lot of the old games I was afraid to touch, I was afraid I would break them. The one 1930's "train" game that was at the end in the area with the newer Stern games (it was right next to the men's room)was really cool. It has a "ball lock" mechanism like Flight 2000 or Freefall. I'm sure that was super high tech for the 30's.
    I don't know if I played $80 worth of games but I don't care! I reported an issue on Centaur and the staff was there within 60 seconds to diagnose the problem. I went back later in the day to play it and it was perfectly fine. I also set the high score on that machine.
    One negative, but it has nothing to do with the games or the staff, why do some people feel that deodorant is optional?
    If the show happens next year, I'll be there. Hopefully my son won't decide to go on vacation that week and he can accompany me.

I forgot to put on deodorant but I stopped at the gas station on the way there and grabbed some.

#485 10 months ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

No, it didn’t. Failed experiment, not one of you said “hi” to me!
    Law, I would have liked to put a face with that Pinside name.

But you said hi to me

3 weeks later
    #532 10 months ago
    Quoted from toyboy6:

Wow, I did miss it. I made it through to the back of the main building, VIP area, and past the breezeway but didn't realize there was a whole other building not connected. Dang...will make it even more exciting to attend next year if they host again.

Don't worry you only miss 200 games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Puffdanny.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2023-vfw-ann-arbor-mi-pinball-show-largest-show-in-world?tu=Puffdanny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.