Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 548 posts
  • 102 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Gunpin (resized).jpeg
    image7 (1) (resized).jpeg
    image6 (1) (resized).jpeg
    image5 (1) (resized).jpeg
    image4 (1) (resized).jpeg
    image3 (resized).jpeg
    image1 (2) (resized).jpeg
    image0 (1) (resized).jpeg
    image0 (2) (resized).jpeg
    image5 (3) (resized).jpeg
    image6 (3) (resized).jpeg
    image7 (3) (resized).jpeg
    backglass2 (resized).jpeg
    backglass1 (resized).jpeg
    image0 (4) (resized).jpeg
    image0 (3) (resized).jpeg
    There are 548 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 11.
    #401 1 year ago

Like a few others, I hope next year this show is on a different weekend than Pinfest. Some of us can't get enough retro pinball.

#402 1 year ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Actually on that Kickoff i DID get the QR code repair request that was submitted... even though the game is located in Toledo! "Colin/Chickenhead needs Hugs", isn't really a good repair request... I immediately emailed Puff Daddy and told him to please remove the QR sticker from that game (which we sold him 2 weeks ago, and I mistakenly left the QR code sticker on the game!)

Qr code has now been removed.

#403 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Fuckin a...let me get out of bed and do my hair...

I can confirm, your hair was on point...

#404 1 year ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:Had a blast again this year.
    Well Worth the 3+ hour drive each way.
    The construction was a bit daunting.
    It was easier coming from Windsor/Detroit crossing than Port Hron/Sarnia
    Hint for tomorrow Meegis

I was at the show yesterday. Came through Sarnia and back out Sarnia.

Surprised you didn't see me, I was wearing my super bright yellow topl shirt.

#405 1 year ago

So no Mini bike riding this year ?

#406 1 year ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

My only issue with the qr system was lack of reliable cell signal indoors kept me from reporting.
    Do you want minor issues reported too? Just for later follow up?

Time for Clay to provide free open WiFi!

#407 1 year ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Surprised you didn't see me, I was wearing my super bright yellow topl shirt.

Yeah, thanks. It burned my retinas.
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#408 1 year ago
    Quoted from dos_reboot:

Yeah, thanks. It burned my retinas.
    [quoted image]

I just realized I never actually played buck Rogers in the end, as we had walked over the mr game abomination

#409 1 year ago

I loved the art on the 'escape from NY'
    Snake with the skull eyepatch.
    It was next to the Sega, DE, E1 Star Wars machines.

#410 1 year ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

I loved the art on the 'escape from NY'
    Snake with the skull eyepatch.
    It was next to the Sega, DE, E1 Star Wars machines.

Thunder Man!

306B1A44-4F12-4BE1-A43B-57B7B233DCDF (resized).jpeg306B1A44-4F12-4BE1-A43B-57B7B233DCDF (resized).jpeg
    #411 1 year ago

Had to throw together a little video from my visit…. nothing fancy. What a great time.

#412 1 year ago

Just got back from the awesome show today. Thanks to the many people there who put on the event. I confirm the QR code reporting is great - I reported just once on CC and the team was there within 5 minutes to look at it. Unfortunately, it had some bigger issues so I couldn't play - but the speed to address it was impressive.

Loved getting to play games I have never been able to play (or even see for that matter)....Alien, Big Bang Bar, Safecracker, Rocky and Bullwinkle...and the selection of new Sterns which I haven't played yet was appreciated to. Ghostbusters is a new favorite - need to figure out how to make some room at home.

#413 1 year ago

Another great show! Requisite Gamatron for your enjoyment

57757825-5D47-447F-AD6B-73DF80D6A255 (resized).jpeg57757825-5D47-447F-AD6B-73DF80D6A255 (resized).jpeg

Not a big EM guy, but Vampire is another that photographs insanely well.

24AEFEC3-D065-4F4D-B36F-C5A6C842C65F (resized).jpeg24AEFEC3-D065-4F4D-B36F-C5A6C842C65F (resized).jpeg
    #414 1 year ago

Tournament was great fun once again, please keep them coming! Thanks to Clay for letting us run around the place on Friday.

#415 1 year ago

Super fun time this weekend. Huge thank you to everyone involved. Well worth the travel.

#416 1 year ago
    Quoted from Arsenal129:

Super fun time this weekend. Huge thank you to everyone involved. Well worth the travel.

Agreed!

#417 1 year ago

THIS SHOW BLOWS

#418 1 year ago

I always forget to take pictures, ...always.
    Here's the one pic I got...
    Not a finer collection in the entire country
    THANKS CLAY AND CO!

20230506_131754 (resized).jpg20230506_131754 (resized).jpg
    #419 1 year ago

Thank you to clay and all the volunteers that made this possible.

#420 1 year ago

Many thanks, Clay. This was my 4th event and never gets old. Your staff is top notch and the games played great as usual! You fixed my North Star last Fall and it too is still humming.

#421 1 year ago
    Quoted from TenaciousT:

So no Mini bike riding this year ?

20230507_160922 (resized).jpg20230507_160922 (resized).jpg20230507_161721 (resized).jpg20230507_161721 (resized).jpg20230507_161815 (resized).jpg20230507_161815 (resized).jpg20230507_161817 (resized).jpg20230507_161817 (resized).jpg20230507_161822 (resized).jpg20230507_161822 (resized).jpg
    #422 1 year ago

And when the ball launch bracket snapped off (at the usual 90° bend break point) on RFM with 30 minutes left in the show; one of our certified welders went into action. Game was back in service by 4:50 pm.

20230507_164803 (resized).jpg20230507_164803 (resized).jpg
    #423 1 year ago
    Quoted from douggalecawitz:

100% vouch for this being probably the best show. i'm not a competitive guy so i'm pretty happy with there not being a tournament. the $100 is steep but definitely well worth it. in years past the only machines i ever had to wait on were Big Bang Bar, Banzai Run, and TOTAN. But to me I don't need to play those. I'm perfectly happy playing BMX or Hurdy Gurdy..... just walking around and taking pictures is worth $25 to me. i couldn't make it this year and i'd hate to see the collection broken up. The facility is amazing. Definitely on my plans for next year even if it's $150
    *as a side not the steep price is actually beneficial in my opinion. it keeps amateurss and little kids away which means less chances of walking up to machine with four games abandoned on it. going up in price was the best thing clay has done for the show

Not sure why you paid $100, because the show was not that much... maybe you donated extra?? thank you!

#424 1 year ago
    Quoted from frobozz:

Time for Clay to provide free open WiFi!

Absolutely a great idea, I tried to report 4 games and couldn’t, but hailed down a tech when I saw them to report, and they were right on it

#425 1 year ago
    Quoted from rlbohon3:

Had to throw together a little video from my visit…. nothing fancy. What a great time.

I made the video!

23:05 you see my bright ass by the bbq

#426 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I always forget to take pictures, ...always.
    Here's the one pic I got...
    Not a finer collection in the entire country
    THANKS CLAY AND CO![quoted image]

I took a lot of pics of you guys while I sat in my truck next to you.

You'll be hearing from some of the agencies this week.

#427 1 year ago

Based on my photos…

On Saturday i played 91 unique titles
    On Sunday i played 49 additional unique titles

And of those 140 games, 36 were titles i had never had the opportunity to play before

The collection is so nice in that virtually every game plays as as a solid performer.

Except alien… that think needs to be replaced with a pin bros version

#428 1 year ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Except alien… that think needs to be replaced with a pin bros version

early edition...what a mess

#429 1 year ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Great to finally meet ya brother! We had some laughs for sure

#430 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

early edition...what a mess

Always great seein ya my dude. But...how the fuck do you get yer hair to do that?

#431 1 year ago

Thanks to Clay and the team! I was out all three days and had a great time.

#432 1 year ago

GRYSZZZ SAID HE LOST ALL THIS WEIGHT BUT THE LIE DETECTOR TEST PROVES THAT WAS A LIE

Resized_20230506_123256 (resized).jpegResized_20230506_123256 (resized).jpeg
    #433 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

Let’s gooooo!!!!
    [quoted image]

Dude. You ARE the VFW experience for me ha. If I can't park by you I ain't coming. For real.
    Great seein ya my guy.

#434 1 year ago

When Caucasian2Step drives 15 hours from Colorado you KNOW its the best show in the country.

#435 1 year ago

When I look at that pic up there here's what I see

300.ab.seasame.081111 (resized).jpg300.ab.seasame.081111 (resized).jpg
    #436 1 year ago

This actually happened

20221206_213247 (resized).jpg20221206_213247 (resized).jpg
    #437 1 year ago

There's so many things wrong with that pic I don't even know where to start
    But we both love Disgorge.

#438 1 year ago

Goddamn this is THE BEST show
    Thank you mf's for keeping it running

#439 1 year ago

Have to brag a little but the tournament ran very smoothly and we only went over time by 14 minutes. Only issue I had was poor playing. But a super thanks to Adam for being official TD andsuper thanks to non member volunteer Josh for keeping everything moving perfectly. Also to all the volunteers who were there to help collect cash, unstick balls, fix broken rubbers, etc. Special thanks to Doug and Clay for keeping the games running and finally special thanks to all the players for being good sports, treating the games with respect, and offering constructive feedback with it sounding like whining and complaining.

#440 1 year ago

SPECIAL THANKS TO DEEZ

#441 1 year ago

You two were great.

#442 1 year ago

GUITAR HANDS

#443 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Dude. You ARE the VFW experience for me ha. If I can't park by you I ain't coming. For real.
    Great seein ya my guy.

Good times brother! Look forward to fighting again next year!!

#444 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

This actually happened [quoted image]

You’re a swifty? I wouldn’t peg you to be a Taylor swift fan

#445 1 year ago

Those houses down the road just popped up since covid.
    Almost looks like they will flood out being so low.
    It seems like the middle of no where.
    I guess, you have to build somewhere.

#446 1 year ago

It seems VFW is sitting on some prime real estate. Those new homes are very nice.

#447 1 year ago

That was amazing. I’m a big fan of classic games, and they were playing great. Clay and everyone there did an incredible job with everything. What a great show.

#448 1 year ago

OMG! That was amazing! Made the 2½ trek from the Cleveland area yesterday. At first I thought my GPS was taking me to the middle of nowhere but a mile down the road there it was. If you can't find a game you like to play, you're in the wrong place. I should have kept track of how many different games I played, but I didn't. Many I played for the first time. Many I SAW for the first time. A lot of the old games I was afraid to touch, I was afraid I would break them. The one 1930's "train" game that was at the end in the area with the newer Stern games (it was right next to the men's room)was really cool. It has a "ball lock" mechanism like Flight 2000 or Freefall. I'm sure that was super high tech for the 30's.

I don't know if I played $80 worth of games but I don't care! I reported an issue on Centaur and the staff was there within 60 seconds to diagnose the problem. I went back later in the day to play it and it was perfectly fine. I also set the high score on that machine.

One negative, but it has nothing to do with the games or the staff, why do some people feel that deodorant is optional?

If the show happens next year, I'll be there. Hopefully my son won't decide to go on vacation that week and he can accompany me.

#449 1 year ago

I heard yesterday was a stinky day. Glad saturday wasn't. was surprised I never got crop dusted either.

#450 1 year ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

I would suspect the following will be involved:
    U.S.D.A.
    ATF
    Michigan D.N.R.
    Your local Chapter of A.A.
    Ohio State Troopers(The indecent exposure along I-75)
    American Express(There is no way that card is yours! Your real name is not Melvin Theadus Swift)
    Rev. Al Sharpton
    The Road Pilot Manager in Dayton Ohio with a cleaning bill for the bathroom you destroyed on the way to Louisville.
    And lets not forget AAA called, your membership has been revoked.

There are 548 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.