Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 548 posts
  • 102 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Gunpin (resized).jpeg
    image7 (1) (resized).jpeg
    image6 (1) (resized).jpeg
    image5 (1) (resized).jpeg
    image4 (1) (resized).jpeg
    image3 (resized).jpeg
    image1 (2) (resized).jpeg
    image0 (1) (resized).jpeg
    image0 (2) (resized).jpeg
    image5 (3) (resized).jpeg
    image6 (3) (resized).jpeg
    image7 (3) (resized).jpeg
    backglass2 (resized).jpeg
    backglass1 (resized).jpeg
    image0 (4) (resized).jpeg
    image0 (3) (resized).jpeg
    There are 548 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.
    #101 1 year ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

2023 tailgate team will be there. Come find us

I'll see if I can come out

#102 1 year ago
    Quoted from cfh:

well past 1/2 sold out on saturday. sunday is about 40% sold.

Got my tickets for both days. Flight from NoCal to Flint booked. Hotel handled. Just counting the days now

#103 1 year ago
    Quoted from KoolFingers:

I’m in for both days. It’ll be my first time there, though I’ve been trying to make it for some time. (scratches VFW off bucket list) Looking forward to check out your collection.

You should play in the tournament on Friday too!

#104 1 year ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

You need to have your calendar recalibrated....

Yeah, I'm not referring to the past few years because of covid. I wanted to go 4-5 years ago but noticed it was the same weekend as Derby and wrote it off. Never figured they would change the dates. It seems to be back on schedule now.

#105 1 year ago
    Quoted from tmontana:

You should play in the tournament on Friday too!

Lol ya I was considering contributing my money but I’m not sure I can make it that early Friday… but trying to make it happen.

#106 1 year ago

Regarding the ticket sales number info, and how we used to provide that here... it is deceiving now. since the ticket reservation system only requires $1 to get a spot, the sales numbers are very non-informative. that's because you get a lot of people that buy a reservation, but then don't show up for the event. that's the downfall of doing it this way. but having a larger upfront deposit came with *so* many other issues, that i just got sick of dealing it. like people wanting their deposit back, or getting the wrong day (saturday versus sunday), or switching to another user, or even in some cases, scalping their ticket. the $1 reservation makes that all go away, it's so much more simple on the front end. at show day though, it's more of a crap shoot as to how many are actually going to show... and trying to predict (budget) monies for the entire year's expenses. in 2022 we did a terrible job on that, and frankly expenses were not covered. add to that the prior Covid years, and things have generally spun out of control... but i'm hoping this year it will be better...

#107 1 year ago

you should sell hugs. I bet people will go for it. I know I will be looking for you on Saturday!!!

#108 1 year ago

Reservations for Sunday the 7th for myself and my son have been made. Making the trip from the Cleveland area! Looking forward to it

#109 1 year ago

In for both days, first time for this show and looking forward to it. Where does everybody generally stay?

#110 1 year ago

Planning my road trip. Gonna end up being close to 30 hours and 1800 miles on the road for a day in Allentown and a day at the VFW. Worth it.

#111 1 year ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

Planning my road trip. Gonna end up being close to 30 hours and 1800 miles on the road for a day in Allentown and a day at the VFW. Worth it.

Your endurance is admirable. I would enjoy playing some classic games @ VFW. May try to run into you @ Pinfest and see if you will take a couple of headshot backglass pics @ VFW.

I'd volunteer to keep you company on the trip, but for a Broncos/Ravens fan to have to listen to a Chief's fan boast of the Chief/Mahomes collaboration and contrast it with my plights of Broncos/Wilson and Ravens/Jackson would be cruel and unusual punishment.

#112 1 year ago

Tried to get a couple tickets for Sunday but Paypal wasnt cooperating. I'll try again tomorrow.

#113 1 year ago
    Quoted from OldHockeyGuy:

Your endurance is admirable. I would enjoy playing some classic games @ VFW. May try to run into you @ Pinfest and see if you will take a couple of headshot backglass pics @ VFW.
    I'd volunteer to keep you company on the trip, but for a Broncos/Ravens fan to have to listen to a Chief's fan boast of the Chief/Mahomes collaboration and contrast it with my plights of Broncos/Wilson and Ravens/Jackson would be cruel and unusual punishment.

Hit me up! I will say that Allentown and the VFW are vastly different experiences. I like both. If I could only do one, I would put in the extra travel time and get to VFW. As Clay has mentioned, it may not go on forever. I hope to be in a good position to be able to attend for as long as it goes on.

Feel free to join us in the NFL thread, the gloating was mostly from Bengals fans this year

#114 1 year ago

So all 500+ games now each have an unique QR code. Scanning it with your phone allows you to report a game issue, or just find out more information about that particular game.

At the VFW show there are *three* different ways to report a game problem... The QR code. Or Text the repair number (cards are given out when you check in with that phone number.) Or just tell an "Orange Shirt" vfw person about the problem (they are wandering through the game isles during the show.)

Our hope is to keep ALL 500+ games working through the entire weekend! In the past, we are above 99% working games come sunday at show end. We intend to keep that record! Thank you for the support, and for reporting game problems. We can't fix what we don't know is broken, so reporting a problem is critical. Again thank you for telling us about game issues!

#115 1 year ago

Wow this show looks awesome. That list of games is incredible! Looks like a real labor of love put together by some real enthusiasts.

#116 1 year ago

I’ll see everyone there Fri and Sat!

#117 1 year ago

I'm locked and loaded! Skipping Allentown to see this gem both Sat and Sun. Fri event starts too early for us travel-types... would be interested in hearing suggestions for other activities on Fri!

#118 1 year ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

I'm locked and loaded! Skipping Allentown to see this gem both Sat and Sun. Fri event starts too early for us travel-types... would be interested in hearing suggestions for other activities on Fri!

I usually head out Friday afternoon and hit up marvelous Marvin's in Farmington Hills. It's a must see if you've never been.

#119 1 year ago

My new work schedule is brutal.
    I am aiming for opening or a little later Saturday.
    It's funny that Meegis and I only meet up at this show.
    Great guy.

Anyhow, how do I order a shirt/poster for this year?
    I always like to wear the shirt from my 1st year to the show, even though blue with the pf on the back is my fav.

#120 1 year ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

My new work schedule is brutal.
    I am aiming for opening or a little later Saturday.
    It's funny that Meegis and I only meet up at this show.
    Great guy.
    I always like to wear the shirt from my 1st year to the show, even though blue with the pf on the back is my fav.

I mean, you technically live closer to vfw than you do to me. So it kind of makes sense.

#121 1 year ago

My son is now going on vacation from the 6th through the 13th so I spent a dollar on him for nothing! Kids!

#122 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dan_Fielding:

My son is now going on vacation from the 6th through the 13th so I spent a dollar on him for nothing! Kids!

As the IFPA crowd once said: "It's only a dollar"....

#123 1 year ago

No worries, you can flip it for two bucks after the show sells out. 100% markup!

#124 1 year ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

Final artwork and order details coming soon (like, within a week....)

Thanks,
    EV

#125 1 year ago
    Quoted from EchoVictor:

Final artwork and order details coming soon (like, within a week....)
    Thanks,
    EV

Anxiously waiting

#126 1 year ago

T-shirt pre-orders are now live. Full details here;
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2023-vfw-aapm-showcase-official-t-shirts-now-available-for-pre-order

Later,
    EV

Slide3 (resized).JPGSlide3 (resized).JPGSlide6 (resized).JPGSlide6 (resized).JPG
    #127 1 year ago
    Quoted from EchoVictor:

T-shirt pre-orders are now live. Full details here;
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2023-vfw-aapm-showcase-official-t-shirts-now-available-for-pre-order
    Later,
    EV
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Oh heck yes.

#128 1 year ago

So is parking a problem? Food at the venue? Just trying to get a heads up. First time out-of-towner. Thanks.

#129 1 year ago

Parking a plenty, and we have our own outdoor food pavilion, with burgers, dogs and BBQ.

Thanks,
    EV

3 weeks later
    #130 1 year ago

#131 1 year ago

We're at almost 80 registered players for the Friday tournament. Reserve your spot: http://vfwpinball.com/?page_id=179

#132 1 year ago

You need one of those animated horse racing tables from Vegas.
    Just hide it in the back somewhere.

Looking forward to Saturday.
    I have missed a few,
    Glad I can make it this year.

#133 1 year ago

Will be at the show saturday. Anyone have any solid state, or nice em projects? Basket cases? Looking to buy

#134 1 year ago

Me and Violent Steve will be there! Can't ferkin wait!

#135 1 year ago

Not even buying a ticket. Just comin to fight in the parking lot.

#136 1 year ago

tickets for saturday are getting thin... if you want to go on saturday, make sure you get a ticket reservation.
    https://vfwpinball.com/?page_id=179

Also the friday May 5th tournament is heating up too. This will be the large tournament, we have a lot of people signed up. Also since Papa is gone, this will be the largest tournament by game number (about 150 different games).
    thank you!

#137 1 year ago

Jerry felt bad about barring me from Pincinnati last year so he bought my ticket lol.

#138 1 year ago

Joke's on you, he bought the dollar reservation, you're on the hook for eighty more.

#139 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Not even buying a ticket. Just comin to fight in the parking lot.

My wife said she wants to take you on....the woman has been MMA training and wants to whip some ass.

#140 1 year ago

in for Saturday!

#141 1 year ago

Coming up for both days. Looking forward to it!

#142 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

My wife said she wants to take you on....the woman has been MMA training and wants to whip some ass.

I've been waiting a decade to say this so thanks...

"Well I guess I'll warm up on your wife"

#143 1 year ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Joke's on you, he bought the dollar reservation, you're on the hook for eighty more.

Haha. Yeah I saw $80 and was like goddamn. Then I remembered that they only open a few times a year and this is for a great cause and great dudes.
    Money well spent.

#144 1 year ago

Damn
    How did I not see this thread topic until today.
    I guess since I knew I would not be making it to Michigan this year,
    I was not paying attention.
    Anyway, Best pinball collection and show in the world.
    Greatly enjoyed the show last fall,
    hoping it will be around for years to come.
    Support the show and Clay and his crew!!!

#145 1 year ago

Definitely going to this year's show.

#146 1 year ago
    Quoted from dos_reboot:

Aboot time

#147 1 year ago
    Quoted from dos_reboot:

Woop woop!

#148 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I've been waiting a decade to say this so thanks...
    "Well I guess I'll warm up on your wife"

Oh c'mon! You know damn well if you beat her up I got to step in, and I would rather just drink a beer or three with ya!

stripes (resized).jpgstripes (resized).jpg
    #149 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Oh c'mon! You know damn well if you beat her up I got to step in, and I would rather just drink a beer or three with ya!
    [quoted image]

I wasn't talking about fighting

#150 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I wasn't talking about fighting

Yeah, but she doesn't like guys that can see eye to eye with Tom Cruise. Now you are out of luck!

There are 548 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2023-vfw-ann-arbor-mi-pinball-show-largest-show-in-world/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.