Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 548 posts
  • 102 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 38 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Gunpin (resized).jpeg
    image7 (1) (resized).jpeg
    image6 (1) (resized).jpeg
    image5 (1) (resized).jpeg
    image4 (1) (resized).jpeg
    image3 (resized).jpeg
    image1 (2) (resized).jpeg
    image0 (1) (resized).jpeg
    image0 (2) (resized).jpeg
    image5 (3) (resized).jpeg
    image6 (3) (resized).jpeg
    image7 (3) (resized).jpeg
    backglass2 (resized).jpeg
    backglass1 (resized).jpeg
    image0 (4) (resized).jpeg
    image0 (3) (resized).jpeg

There are 548 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.
    #501 4 months ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Well you might have missed it, but it was absolutely worth every penny. Clay’s machines were amazing. There is nowhere else you can go where you can play that kind of a selection of games. Lines of wedge heads. All of them played wonderfully. Seriously, you don’t know what you are talking about if you haven’t been there.

Agreed. Awesome selection of games and maintained very well. The repair system at the show is second to none. I probably played 150 games in 1 day (many I've never had a chance to even see let alone play). At under $0.50 a play - great value. To each their own....

#502 4 months ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

$80.00,A Day??No way Jose!

Guess you wouldn’t have liked the two prior shows.....

#503 4 months ago

It’s about the same as a good round of golf. Cheaper than Pebble Beach even.

#504 4 months ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Yeah, 16 cents a game is ridiculous to get access to a perfectly maintained, fully working collection of over 500 games which includes many rare titles. What a rip-off.

#505 4 months ago

All that and no line ups to play.

#506 4 months ago

One day ago you didn’t even know who Clay was:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-vegas-phof-opens-tomorrow-4-14-21-in-new-location-/page/24 Post #1185: *Who is "Clay" and what VFW where? What are the dates they are open?*

And now you just want to post negative after I clued you in.

#507 4 months ago

Okay, so I'm gonna puke a BUNCH of pics just so those who haven't been can get an idea. Well worth the price of admission to have access to these games with little to no lines/waiting and everything was high quality. Any issues were quickly resolved, food on site and great company. I would have happily showed up Monday to sweep the floor. So here's to the AlvinG fans... Nice topper!

AlvinGpair (resized).jpegAlvinGpair (resized).jpeg
    #508 4 months ago

For the Bally folk out there... When was the last time you saw a ROW of 6803 machines???

Bally1 (resized).jpegBally1 (resized).jpegBally6803 (resized).jpegBally6803 (resized).jpegBallyEM (resized).jpegBallyEM (resized).jpegBallySS (resized).jpegBallySS (resized).jpegBallySS1 (resized).jpegBallySS1 (resized).jpegBallySS2 (resized).jpegBallySS2 (resized).jpegBallySS3 (resized).jpegBallySS3 (resized).jpegBallywidebodies (resized).jpegBallywidebodies (resized).jpeg
    #509 4 months ago

There were a few DMD games here and there...

DMDrow (resized).jpegDMDrow (resized).jpegDMDs (resized).jpegDMDs (resized).jpegDMDs1 (resized).jpegDMDs1 (resized).jpeg
    #510 4 months ago

Gottliebs? Anyone??

GottliebSS (resized).jpegGottliebSS (resized).jpegGottliebSS1 (resized).jpegGottliebSS1 (resized).jpegGottliebWedge1 (resized).jpegGottliebWedge1 (resized).jpeg
    #511 4 months ago

There were a few wedgeheads...

more wedge (resized).jpegmore wedge (resized).jpegmorewedge1 (resized).jpegmorewedge1 (resized).jpegmorewedge2 (resized).jpegmorewedge2 (resized).jpeg
    #512 4 months ago

Did I forget Stern?

SternSS (resized).jpegSternSS (resized).jpegSternSS1 (resized).jpegSternSS1 (resized).jpegSternSS2 (resized).jpegSternSS2 (resized).jpegSternSS3 (resized).jpegSternSS3 (resized).jpegSternSS4 (resized).jpegSternSS4 (resized).jpeg
    #513 4 months ago

Sonic, of course!

SonicRow (resized).jpegSonicRow (resized).jpeg
    #514 4 months ago

A couple of SYS11 machines thrown in for good measure...

SYS11 (resized).jpegSYS11 (resized).jpegSYS11-1 (resized).jpegSYS11-1 (resized).jpegSYS112 (resized).jpegSYS112 (resized).jpegSys11andWillSS (resized).jpegSys11andWillSS (resized).jpeg
    #515 4 months ago

A few entries from Williams...

WilliamsDMD (resized).jpegWilliamsDMD (resized).jpegWilliamsEM1 (resized).jpegWilliamsEM1 (resized).jpegWilliamsSS (resized).jpegWilliamsSS (resized).jpegWilliamsSS1 (resized).jpegWilliamsSS1 (resized).jpegWilliamsSS2 (resized).jpegWilliamsSS2 (resized).jpeg
    #516 4 months ago

Whateverthehell these are... and there were a lot more than these.

Unknown (resized).jpegUnknown (resized).jpeg
    #517 4 months ago

A few things you don't see every day...

Banzai!! (resized).jpegBanzai!! (resized).jpegRaregoodness (resized).jpegRaregoodness (resized).jpegSUpin2 (resized).jpegSUpin2 (resized).jpegimage3 (1) (resized).jpegimage3 (1) (resized).jpegimage3 (resized).jpegimage3 (resized).jpegtogether (resized).jpegtogether (resized).jpeg
    #518 4 months ago

I could swear I have seen this somewhere before. And while I did not get all the drops down I did manage to get through them. Also made the skill shot one time. Interesting piece.

image0 (3) (resized).jpegimage0 (3) (resized).jpeg
    #519 4 months ago

I could not tell you how many games I put on Flip Flop and Old Chicago. So nice when games that old play so well.

image0 (4) (resized).jpegimage0 (4) (resized).jpeg
    #520 4 months ago

There were some unusual back glasses to be found...

backglass1 (resized).jpegbackglass1 (resized).jpegbackglass2 (resized).jpegbackglass2 (resized).jpeg
    #521 4 months ago

Serious childhood memories in here...

image5 (3) (resized).jpegimage5 (3) (resized).jpegimage6 (3) (resized).jpegimage6 (3) (resized).jpegimage7 (3) (resized).jpegimage7 (3) (resized).jpeg
    #522 4 months ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Whateverthehell these are... and there were a lot more than these.
    [quoted image]

Zaccaria

#523 4 months ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Well worth the price of admission to have access to these games with little to no lines/waiting and everything was high quality.

Ever since our first Showcase in 2014, we've had an ironclad policy of never selling more tickets than we have games. That guarantees that somewhere in the facility, there will always be a game you can walk up and play.

If you wait in a line, that's because you choose to, not because you have to.

Thanks,
    EV

#524 4 months ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

You missed out. I drove to Michigan just for this event and gladly dropped the 80 bucks. The place is amazing.

#525 4 months ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

You missed out. I drove to Michigan just for this event and gladly dropped the 80 bucks. The place is amazing.

Too bad for me I would I drive there and gladly pay $80 plus tip just to see all of those great tittle at once. Incredible place. Next year I will go no matter what.

#526 4 months ago

OMG, I must have missed a room while I was there - I thought I found all of the spaces. Where was the WOF, Flintstones, Rollercoaster, WPT, Elvis games at?

#527 4 months ago
    Quoted from toyboy6:

OMG, I must have missed a room while I was there - I thought I found all of the spaces. Where was the WOF, Flintstones, Rollercoaster, WPT, Elvis games at?

You may have missed the whole back building? Thats where a bunch more EM's, early solid states, Sonics, 6803's, etc are all back there.

#528 4 months ago
    Quoted from toyboy6:

The Rathole.

#529 4 months ago
    Quoted from toyboy6:

The VFW Layout:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2023-vfw-ann-arbor-mi-pinball-show-largest-show-in-world/page/7#post-7564820

#530 4 months ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Go be a d!ck somewhere else.

To say that $80/day for eight uninterrupted hours of playing pinball - working pinballs, mind you - in a clean, meticulously maintained environment is a "No way, Jose!" transaction, says that you are one of four things:

1. A troll
    2. A cheap fool
    3. Stuck in a timewarp from 1983 where pinball was 3 games for $1.00.
    4. All of the above.

There is no other opportunity to play the breadth and depth of pinball machines afforded to attendees of the VFW.

#531 3 months ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

You may have missed the whole back building? Thats where a bunch more EM's, early solid states, Sonics, 6803's, etc are all back there.

Wow, I did miss it. I made it through to the back of the main building, VIP area, and past the breezeway but didn't realize there was a whole other building not connected. Dang...will make it even more exciting to attend next year if they host again.

#532 3 months ago
    Quoted from toyboy6:

Wow, I did miss it. I made it through to the back of the main building, VIP area, and past the breezeway but didn't realize there was a whole other building not connected. Dang...will make it even more exciting to attend next year if they host again.

Don't worry you only miss 200 games

#533 3 months ago

The fuckin.best man.
    Problem child I get it.

#534 3 months ago

Yes, it was $80 and worth every penny. I left the Cleveland area at 630 AM to try to get there as close as the 9 o'clock opening time that I could. I would make that trip again tomorrow if they were open.

Find me a 1960's EM (in a public place) that is in perfect working order. Well, you have 100's of those at this facility. Heck, they even have games from the 30's in perfect working condition! Some of those I was afraid to touch because I didn't want to break them

Many games here I had never even SEEN before, let alone played them. So before you get all negative on the price, perhaps you should go there once and check it out.

#535 3 months ago
    Quoted from Dan_Fielding:

Yes, it was $80 and worth every penny. I left the Cleveland area at 630 AM to try to get there as close as the 9 o'clock opening time that I could. I would make that trip again tomorrow if they were open.
    Find me a 1960's EM (in a public place) that is in perfect working order. Well, you have 100's of those at this facility. Heck, they even have games from the 30's in perfect working condition! Some of those I was afraid to touch because I didn't want to break them
    Many games here I had never even SEEN before, let alone played them. So before you get all negative on the price, perhaps you should go there once and check it out.

You would love the Paris Pinball Museum. I’m not much of an EM/ pre-flipper guy but they have so many amazing ones.

#536 3 months ago

Bonus odds and ends. Most of these are older than me and still fun to play.

image0 (1) (resized).jpegimage0 (1) (resized).jpegimage0 (2) (resized).jpegimage0 (2) (resized).jpegimage1 (2) (resized).jpegimage1 (2) (resized).jpegimage3 (resized).jpegimage3 (resized).jpegimage4 (1) (resized).jpegimage4 (1) (resized).jpegimage5 (1) (resized).jpegimage5 (1) (resized).jpegimage6 (1) (resized).jpegimage6 (1) (resized).jpegimage7 (1) (resized).jpegimage7 (1) (resized).jpeg
    #537 3 months ago

And if you didn't catch this, you missed out. My two loves are pinball and EM rifle games and this is both. Once the ball launches you keep the score higher by shooting the pops to keep them lit. (The ball eventually rolls over a target that shuts them off and you have to shoot them again.) And if the ball falls in a hole you have to shoot it to eject it. Very unique, at least to me.

Gunpin (resized).jpegGunpin (resized).jpeg
    #538 3 months ago

Love that 10 Strike… if I could have one machine from Clays collection it would be that one.

If you could have ONLY one from the collection which would it be?

#539 3 months ago
    Quoted from roar:

Genco Lucky 7

#540 3 months ago

I'm only one state away, so I gots to make it over there one of these times. Maybe make it a pilgrimage to Marvin's as well. Less than an hour apart! (Although I'd need a whole day at each location...)

#541 3 months ago

Alien Poker

#542 3 months ago
    Quoted from roar:

Gottlieb Gemini

#543 3 months ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Genco Lucky 7

Gee, that's a surprise...

I'll just go ahead and copy/paste that selection to all the Pinball Life crew...

Later,
    EV

#544 3 months ago
    Quoted from roar:

Love that 10 Strike… if I could have one machine from Clays collection it would be that one.

Probably Dragonfist, but there are a ton that could be on the list.

#545 3 months ago
    Quoted from roar:

Andromeda for the artwork. I find myself pouring over every little detail.

#546 3 months ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

And if you didn't catch this, you missed out. My two loves are pinball and EM rifle games and this is both. Once the ball launches you keep the score higher by shooting the pops to keep them lit. (The ball eventually rolls over a target that shuts them off and you have to shoot them again.) And if the ball falls in a hole you have to shoot it to eject it. Very unique, at least to me.
    [quoted image]

yeah, discovered that at Expo... Love it!

#547 3 months ago
    Quoted from roar:

Only one? Not fair. But BBB for sure. And I would take it to every show I could and let everyone play it.

#548 3 months ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

Go be a d!ck somewhere else.
    To say that $80/day for eight uninterrupted hours of playing pinball - working pinballs, mind you - in a clean, meticulously maintained environment is a "No way, Jose!" transaction, says that you are one of four things:
    1. A troll
    2. A cheap fool
    3. Stuck in a timewarp from 1983 where pinball was 3 games for $1.00.
    4. All of the above.
    There is no other opportunity to play the breadth and depth of pinball machines afforded to attendees of the VFW.

I wonder what he thought of the final Banning Museum of Pinball's $150.00 admission?

There are 548 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2023-vfw-ann-arbor-mi-pinball-show-largest-show-in-world/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.