Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 347 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240423_132942 (resized).jpg
    20240423_135213 (resized).jpg
    20240423_132502 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20230915_023618682 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20230915_023623519 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20230915_023629207 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20230915_030447096 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20230915_030439489 (resized).jpg
    Antique-Booth-Price-Tags-Antique-Circa-1900-Price-Tag-300x213 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240421_082024_Facebook (resized).jpg
    PART_1713701289583 (resized).jpeg
    PART_1713701315384 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20240420_145222059 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240420_145253492 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240419_013207492 (resized).jpg
    20240418_164751 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 1 year ago
    Quoted from mc8045:

Should have a Stern Magic at the show for sale and may bring my beat up fathom for people to play along with the game i am bringing for the tournament (SeaWitch), We should also have a Back to the Future that will be for sale from One Well Brewing at the show. BTTF will be around 5k Stern Magic around 1600.

My wife and I were at One Well Brewing yesterday!

1 week later
    #53 1 year ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Can I pay in Sacagaweas?

How about Jefferson's?

1 week later
    #84 1 year ago

Yep, junk booth for me too, be there Friday Night & Saturday. Lots of Gottlieb translites, Bally coin doors, Misc Parts, couple playfields, misc boards, box of golden tee boards 2004/2005. Possibly a Ms Pac Cocktail(all original)

#111 1 year ago

Big shout out to Troy of Tilt Amusements. I firmly believe it was his line-up of games that made this show so successful.

#112 1 year ago
    Quoted from coolwhs:

Anyone record the prices for the auction?

I am sure the list will be forthcoming. I can tell you, 90% of the machines were MAJOR projects. I believe the best deal was a couple of Williams Jokers that went for $250 ea? A South Park that went for $1600? It powered up , but that was it. Garbled display, broken plastics , toilet needed replacing( bad tank repair) and of course the Kenny hole had wear, but still, that was a good deal too. An ugly SEGA Frankenstein with the whole display and Frankenstein assemblies missing went for $600. There was a Gottlieb Genesis that looked like it had been dipped in Flint MI water and sanded dry that went for $25?

#126 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

WARNING FOR NEXT YEAR
    I hope Alex and Kevin see this post
    Do not use the Clarion Hotel that was one of the suggested hotels. We had bed bugs in our room. We caught them on the first night at midnight, they moved us to another room. I asked to speak to a manager but obviously ones that make decisions were not there at that time
    So today i call, i had two rooms for 3 nights, I asked that one of my nights for only one room be refunded for having to deal with this, besides us finding out because my son was bit, this is also something that really freaks my wife out. None of our clothing is allowed in the house till she goes through it and washes it somewhere besides our house.
    I think one night refunded was very generous of me, however, the hotel believes that 8.80 is fair enough compensation for our hassle of moving rooms in the middle of the night

Troy, contact Clarion corporate and tell them you are reporting them to the health department. You will get some serious action worth a whole lot more than $8.80. However, we had some issues of our own over at the Marriott Courtyard we are dealing with. Not bedbugs, but other crap the hotel had issues with.

#128 1 year ago
    Quoted from polyacanthus:

We also stayed at the Clarion as we have for several years now. They have the best reviews of any hotel around there

I don't know what reviews you have read, but the reviews on travel advisor said stay away to me. They closed the pool to remove the hot tub and never reopened the pool? That is a major red flag.

#131 1 year ago

I love seeing some of the crap that was sold at the auction is now up for sale on some of the Facebook pages.

#136 1 year ago

That $100 Eight Ball Deluxe looked like a picked over Thanksgiving turkey carcass.

#140 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mitoska:

Was hoping you were bringing genesis translite to auction

That translite is worth more than that whole Genesis in the auction!

#150 12 months ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Joke's on me. I've been around plenty long enough to know that if a game is claimed to be 100% working and refurbished by a tech, it would be set up and playing to help its chances in the auction. But I took a chance anyway since I love the title and it never shows up for sale.
    Three of five score reels won't roll over to zero to start a game unless you help 'em by hand. At a minimum those three need to be rebuilt, may as well do all five. Game starts with 2 or 3 balls to play instead of the expected 5 for an add-a-ball (I made sure the game is set to 5-ball play). So the ball count unit needs to be serviced. Right flipper is so spongy it won't make the center spinner. May as well rebuild both of those too. I'll probably just end up going through the whole game.
    Refurbished by a tech! Hunner' percent!

We all know it's buyer beware at auction, but yeah, I looked right at that note and that is B.S. if you ask me .Anyway, the poor S.O.B. who bought the South Park opened it up and found the driver board missing after being marked complete.

10 months later
    #159 48 days ago

Lets go PATZ, get that 2024 thread going!

4 weeks later
    #189 18 days ago

Any updates on the infamous John Dayhuff 3pm Auction for this year? We gonna have another nice selection of projects like last year?

#193 15 days ago
    Quoted from marcand:

That was an amazing haul last year from the old Star World Amusement company. I agree it was a very good selection of project pins at great prices!
    Having worked the auction with John for years now, we just don't know what could be there ahead of time. Usually, the auction floor grows quickly at the end of Saturday as the convention winds down.
    I love looking forward to the SaturDAYHUFF auction.

To me, this is a main attraction of this show!

#211 9 days ago

I am going to try and bring a Williams Strike Zone puck bowler for the Auction! Working project? Not all the keys are registering.

#271 4 days ago

From my perspective, PATZ was a disappointment this year to those who are not tournament players. If it wasn't for Trent and Tilt Amusements this show would have been a complete disaster. The auction was horrible this year too, not enough equipment for sale. 100% not John D's fault. Not sure as to what the heck was the issue this year, but next year is the 25th anniversary of the show and it must do better. Next year, please start a whole new thread and get people involved. The promotion of this year's PATZ just seemed non existent and no hype at all.

#280 3 days ago
    Quoted from polyacanthus:

People need to put in the effort to bring games. Working games. There's no show without games.
    PS Respect to TILT for bringing half the show.

That's just it, I saw no effort in asking attendees to bring games. The promotion of the event was quite lazy this year. This was one of the few years I couldn't bring anything as I only had Saturday to attend. Last year I had a booth, two games and my wife and I had a great time.

No one reached out, hey are you going to need a booth again? Are you going to bring anything? There was nothing. If I had to guess, attendance was down too.

#284 3 days ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

This is nothing new. My feeling is it was never promoted enough, not even 25 years ago.
    John

I am happy you jumped in on this, because myself and many others feel that YOU could be the voice to reach out and save this show.

#286 3 days ago

If you were a tournament player, this was catered to you. Otherwise the actual "show" was a mere sideshow. If there was no Tilt Amusement, it would have majorly sucked. Honestly, if I was closer and not in Illinois I would offer to get involved with promoting this show. There are just so many of the basics that are being missed and/or ignored that could bring this show to another level. Kevin, sorry, you need to step it up or get a partner to promote to bring in the machines and vendors.

#307 2 days ago
    Quoted from harmon1728:

Hello everyone!
    This is Alex, the guy who has been running most of the show for the last few years. I've read and digested all the comments in this thread and for the most part I totally get it. I want to use this post to explain a few things. First off, attendance was not down. We actually were up from last year in regard to non-game bringing attendees. Games were down slightly but it was very close to last year. To be honest, everything changed after Covid. Many vendors started backing out and lots of game bringers faded away. 2019 was the best year for PATZ. I think the theories in here regarding games being so much more valuable now is the main culprit. I also had more vendors lined up that just didn't show as well as a couple that normally would be there but had other obligations this year.
    I definitely could have done a better job promoting this year and that is on me. I had some things come up with my day job that took precedence this year. I promise this will be rectified for next year. We have to really blow it out for the 25th year. It means a lot that Kevin would trust me with running the show and I value its history greatly. This show will not die.
    In regard to the tournament games. Again, I get it. I got my start in pinball on the tournament side and my family, and I built that tournament into what it is now. I am not just a tournament player though. I own many games, route games and own an arcade in Fremont. At my core, I am a pinball hobbyist. I barely play tournaments anymore and didn't even really try playing the tournaments at all this year. I will make sure I am more a part of the show moving forward. When it is a Stern Pro Circuit event, it takes up a TON of my attention. I tried getting in the show more, but I was constantly called over for a ruling or a repair.
    If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears. Getting more games is always my top concern with the show. A lot of this rides on the community. I only have the ability to bring 13 games with me. I would LOVE for the 25th year to be our best year yet.
    At the end of the day, I LOVE the vibe of PATZ. It is a delicate balance in regard to making changes and keeping the vibe similar. Every decision I make is in tandem with our goal of keeping the vibe the same. I sincerely thank everyone who supported us this year. It means the world to me that people love being a part of this show. I already have lots of ideas that hopefully will be implemented for next year. Let's break some records for our show next year!
    If you have any ideas or need to contact me in any way, feel free to message me on here or email me at [email protected]

I personally believe your best asset is already part of the show and that is John Dayhuff. Get him involved with the pinball community to bring games for the show and the auction and I believe you will have a win-win situation! Secondly, invite guys to bring arcade/video games as well. 2 rows of video games would help fill the place nicely.

I know I got screwed over with my time this year. I was going to bring a Big Hurt for free play and I had a solid state puck bowler for the auction. It just didn't work out for me this year.

Most collectors I know have a project or two that they are never going to get to that can be brought and sold in the auction.

#317 2 days ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Another lure to get more games in, might be "Get Yo Game Fixed at the Zoo" .
    Probably 70% of the hobby can't solder at all, no longer has the dexterity, or simply can't fix anything ever.
    Even real collectors, will often have a game that eludes repair "It's embarrassing, but the game will play for about 5 minutes, then lose its mind. Nothing I can do will fix it."
    Bring the game in on Thursday and leave it for play the entire event.
    Get the game fixed for the price of parts (if it's a diode and few transistors, probably free?).
    You could have a form on the Pinballatthezoo.com website where someone can describe the problem, so techs would know if they have to bring something like a used DMD or replacement MPU .
    Once the bugs are worked out the first year, you could flood the local news stations and papers with the idea of "Get that old pinball machine working!". It could bring a few games out of the woodwork....

I think clay used to do something like this at Expo years ago?

#320 2 days ago

Oh here we go.....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2023-patz-pinball-at-the-zoo-april-20th-22nd?tu=vdojaq and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.