Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 522 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 days ago by zombywoof
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20231229_111230 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4020 (resized).jpeg
    fast-cat-typing.gif
    Screenshot_20231102-084206 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_7980 (resized).png
    IMG_7974 (resized).png
    IMG_6767 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8075 (resized).jpeg
    63F3BAE2-C7B5-4688-9B55-9340442AF0D9_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
    DC477A82-C2E6-477D-BA4C-FC2903DF1F2F_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9896.gif
    hit (resized).jpg
    IMG_6758 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1750.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 522 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.
    #1 1 year ago

Kicking things off here with opening day being today! I have tickets once again this year for opening day in Pittsburgh next week. Last year was cancelled due to the lockout, so hopefully this year we do not have a hurricane or blizzard causing a repeat scenario. Always nice to head out to Pittsburgh for pinball and baseball in the same weekend. Hoping to get to a game again down in Baltimore this year as well...just not in July. We just about had heat stroke there last year.

Looking forward to hearing thousands of yinzers lose their shit when McCutchen is introduced next Friday.

#2 1 year ago

The new rules are great, the pace is crisp and saving ~25 minutes per game is huge. Gives us more time to watch other baseball games lol.

Jays are going to be a playoff team again, more of a lunchpail team this year. Looking forward to watching our upgraded defense, it will make us a better team. We have a plus defender at nearly every position, Cardinals style.

#3 1 year ago

I am really hoping the TV situation is blown apart this year by the Bally sports bankruptcy. I do not have cable, so I would have to buy a $75/month TV package to see my team play a few games here or there. I am also in the epicenter of suck when it comes to MLB.tv blackouts. I am blacked out from the Pirates, Orioles, Phillies and Nationals. Yes, I could probably play games with a VPN, but thats a pain in the ass. I just want to turn the TV on in the garage while I am making ramps, and listen to the game. I really think getting rid of these stupid blackouts would help cultivate a more active MLB fanbase.

#4 1 year ago

You could always just use sportsurge.

Baseball fans would love to pay for a proper streaming package without blackouts, but until that is actually available (won't be much longer), sail the high seas!

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I am really hoping the TV situation is blown apart this year by the Bally sports bankruptcy. I do not have cable, so I would have to buy a $75/month TV package to see my team play a few games here or there. I am also in the epicenter of suck when it comes to MLB.tv blackouts. I am blacked out from the Pirates, Orioles, Phillies and Nationals. Yes, I could probably play games with a VPN, but thats a pain in the ass. I just want to turn the TV on in the garage while I am making ramps, and listen to the game. I really think getting rid of these stupid blackouts would help cultivate a more active MLB fanbase.

Couldn't agree more. We have this issue in Houston. You have to have a specific streaming service or cable package to watch the Astros. MLB.tv is great if you aren't blacked out.

Excited for the season to get going today. The new rule changes have been great for the game IMO.

#6 1 year ago

Oakland World Series champs this year! Calling it now!

1 week later
    #7 1 year ago

$169 for the cheapest SRO seat in Pittsburgh...the world is definitely ending tomorrow.

Screenshot_20230406_162217_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230406_162217_Gallery (resized).jpg
    #8 1 year ago

Home opener was an amazing experience yesterday...stadium was over capacity and the team actually has some offense this year. Sat close enough to the dugout to smell what the Pirates had for dinner last night. Starting pitching is a bit sketchy. Reynolds had a career game. One heckler near me was yelling at Shelty to "put old yeller down" in reference to Rich Hill. Brutal! But the guy is 43...

20230407_154948 (resized).jpg20230407_154948 (resized).jpg20230407_160424 (resized).jpg20230407_160424 (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #9 10 months ago

Alex Menoah sucks

#10 10 months ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Alex Menoah sucks

Too fat for the pitch clock.

#11 10 months ago

Doesn’t have it between the ears. Game is 90% mental.

#12 10 months ago

Elly De la Cruz sure seems like the real deal. Perfect example of a 5 tool player

#13 10 months ago

Has anyone checked out this new podcast show?

https://foulterritoryshow.com

My daughter BF is one of the broadcasters, and I think they are doing an amazing job.

#14 10 months ago

I've been enjoying the current Braves/Mets series. The Braves coming back from a deficit in the first two keeps it interesting. I hope to get down to Truist Park for a game before the end of the season. I've seen the Tides (triple A for Orioles) win several this year. They are having a great season.

#15 10 months ago

I was blacked out for tonight’s game and had to follow the play by play on Apple. 13-10 in 10 innings is epic offense on both sides!

2 weeks later
    #16 10 months ago
    IMG_9265 (resized).jpegIMG_9265 (resized).jpeg
    #17 10 months ago

First time the best team in baseball has given up 11 runs all season.

Elly. First cycle since 1989. Eric Davis was the last. Also number 44.

Attended the game with my Mom. Fucking great game.

#18 10 months ago

Todays Braves/Reds was a crazy game too, cant wait to see what happens tomorrow.

#19 10 months ago

Very similar teams that don’t quit. Pretty fun baseball to watch those two teams play.

#20 10 months ago

Wow another nailbiter! That was one of the best series of the season so far.
    Reds have a really good team this year.

#21 10 months ago

Yeah I was hoping that Iglacias would blow a save yesterday or today like he did when he played for the Reds.

Had a blast watching though! Haven’t had this much fun watching Reds baseball since 1999.

#22 10 months ago

Braves are damn near the most complete team in all of baseball now. After the break with 2 more great starters back they WILL be the most complete! Fish keep winning, but if Braves go to break 25 games over 500, NL East just fighting for a wildcard.

#23 10 months ago

Looks like Adam Wainwright deactivated his Twitter this morning apparently due to people dogging on him for how he pitched in London on Saturday.

#24 10 months ago

Heading out to Pittsburgh again this weekend to see the Pirates play the Brewers. I am going to be doing my no whammy dance to keep the rain away in the meantime.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #25 10 months ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Heading out to Pittsburgh again this weekend to see the Pirates play the Brewers. I am going to be doing my no whammy dance to keep the rain away in the meantime. [quoted image]

Enjoy! I am just a 56 yo lifetime Atlanta native, that after the first 25 years of my life, have had a great time with the Braves!

#26 10 months ago

Although when I was a young lad I could go down to Atlanta/Fulton County Stadium, and have 20 in my pocket and park buy a nosebleed from a scalper and eat amongst 5000 other diehards! They routinely lost 100+ per year but I didn't care!

#27 10 months ago

Shohei Ohtani. 27 homers, 63 rbi's and .298 ave. 6- 3 3.15 era. 122 k's. Guy is on pace for 50 hrs and 200 k's. Never seen anything like him.

#28 10 months ago
    Quoted from jamesmc:

Shohei Ohtani. 27 homers, 63 rbi's and .298 ave. 6- 3 3.15 era. 122 k's. Guy is on pace for 50 hrs and 200 k's. Never seen anything like him.

Once in a generation talent!
    I now know what people thought watching Ruth.

#29 10 months ago
    Quoted from dug:

Once in a generation talent!
    I now know what people thought watching Ruth.

Been hurt this year so I haven’t golfed with my friend who's head of Dodger scouting. Last year he said it was generally accepted that Mike Trout was best of his generation. And thought Shohei is once in a lifetime. Only player he ever rated higher than Trout was Shohei. I'm pretty sure he said he rated him alot higher. I will be surprised if he doesn't end up a Dodger.

#30 10 months ago

Big win for the Braves’ bats over the Twins tonight! I’m hoping to get down there to see them play the Yankees in August.

#31 10 months ago

Shohei's nite after 7 innings. 3-3. 2 home runs. Struck out 10. Allowed 1 run in 6 2/3 innings. He hits balls that are down and away over 400 feet opposite field. Insane.

#32 10 months ago
    Quoted from jamesmc:

Been hurt this year so I haven’t golfed with my friend who's head of Dodger scouting. Last year he said it was generally accepted that Mike Trout was best of his generation. And thought Shohei is once in a lifetime. Only player he ever rated higher than Trout was Shohei. I'm pretty sure he said he rated him alot higher. I will be surprised if he doesn't end up a Dodger.</blockq

Shohei's nite after 7 innings. 3-3. 2 home runs. Struck out 10. Allowed 1 run in 6 2/3 innings. He hits balls that are down and away over 400 feet opposite field. Insane.

Watching the game and I agree!
    Insane

#33 9 months ago

I know this debate is brought up around Ohtani every year in regards to MVP, but I just don't understand how he isn't the runaway favorite every season. He's elite at the plate and on the mound. His WAR should be calculated differently and not looked individually by position. Truly a once in a lifetime player. His next contract is going to break every record by a mile. IMO he was the clear MVP last year over Judge, even though Judge was murdering the ball all year (except for the playoffs).

#34 9 months ago

I’m definitely in the camp that MVP shouldn’t be based on team success, especially in baseball.

#35 9 months ago

Almost saw another crazy comeback for the second night in a row...until the rain came! Had some decent seats again...although they are all good seats here.

20230701_161959 (resized).jpg20230701_161959 (resized).jpg20230701_164520 (resized).jpg20230701_164520 (resized).jpg20230701_194547 (resized).jpg20230701_194547 (resized).jpg
    #36 9 months ago

Hopefully pirates can win today!

1 week later
    #37 9 months ago
    Quoted from zombywoof:

Big win for the Braves’ bats over the Twins tonight! I’m hoping to get down there to see them play the Yankees in August.

Well, I have committed. I have tickets for the last two games of the series with the Yankees. Atlanta in August! (I lived in Buckhead while I was in art school, so I know what I'm in for. Temps are only a degree or two hotter than here, and maybe a little less humidity.) Thankfully, they are both night games.

The first game we have seats a little behind third base. Since we are driving down that day (8+ hours), I didn't want to splurge in case we had travel delays. The second game we went all in on club suite seats behind home plate.

1 month later
    #38 8 months ago

I got to see the Braves sweep the Yankees this week. It was my first trip to Truist Park. It's a great facility.

Truist Sky (resized).pngTruist Sky (resized).png

Truist Empty (resized).pngTruist Empty (resized).png

Riley at bat (resized).pngRiley at bat (resized).png

Olson at bat (resized).pngOlson at bat (resized).png

#39 8 months ago

Looks like a blast, always nice to see the Yankees get beat. I saw the Braves at Turner Field and Fulton County Stadium, but havent yet been to Truist. Speaking of NY teams, as a long time Braves fan it sure is fun to watch the Mets completely self destruct after all the money they spent.

#40 8 months ago

Third straight shutout last night.

1 week later
    #41 8 months ago

And as of today the NY Mets take over sole possession of last place in the NL East!

#42 7 months ago

As a life long Atlantan, and Braves fan, this team is arguably the best in my 57 years. Bullpen had the common rough patch, but that is over, and starting pitching is stable at worst! Batting lineup is stupid good....

#43 7 months ago

Kind of MLB related.

My grandson Gordon won the Playball player of the month in July. There will be 12 kids chosen.

He wins an all expenses paid trip to one game of the world series. The fun part will be when the playoffs start and the speculation begins as to who will be in the series.

The whole family LOVES baseball!

F2x_5g0aUAA_bkU (resized).jpgF2x_5g0aUAA_bkU (resized).jpg
    #44 7 months ago

That is fabulous! Kudos to your loins Bryan....

#45 7 months ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Kind of MLB related.
    My grandson Gordon won the Playball player of the month in July. There will be 12 kids chosen.
    He wins an all expenses paid trip to one game of the world series. The fun part will be when the playoffs start and the speculation begins as to who will be in the series.
    The whole family LOVES baseball!
    [quoted image]

That's awesome! Is he taking grandpa?

#46 7 months ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

That's awesome! Is he taking grandpa?

I wish. I told him he should take me instead of his dad because I'm the one with Twins season tickets that he gets to take advantage of.

He said no dice.

#47 7 months ago

The Yankees are 69 - 69. Amazing....yet so terrible.

#48 7 months ago

Let's go O's!

#49 7 months ago

Let’s Go Cubs!!

BB14845F-C584-4EAD-BC6A-C02F3788FF7F.gifBB14845F-C584-4EAD-BC6A-C02F3788FF7F.gif
    #50 7 months ago

Took a good break from Pinside to focus on other stuff….figured there would be more discussion so glad I didn’t miss much. Been a weird season….some teams started off strong are collapsing and others are starting to peak. Stro’s have been up and down playing better on the road this season. They didn’t show up at home against the Yankees and are just destroying the Rangers right now. Don’t know what to make of that but it’s amazing what the Stro’s have done against the Rangers…back 2 back homers twice in the same game….I don’t think anyone can argue that Altuve is not a GREAT player. Don’t know if the Stro’s have the consistency to go deep in the playoffs this year but could easily see a rematch of Braves/Astros. Too early to call it as several teams are getting hot…Cubs, Phillies, Mariners, etc. October baseball is almost here.

There are 522 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2023-mlb-discussion and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.