Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 377 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by pingod
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5001D (resized).JPG
    IMG_5002D (resized).JPG
    IMG_4999D (resized).JPG
    7CCDED64-87FC-437B-A82C-08FAE263C5FF (resized).jpeg
    countdown-semi-tiebreaker (resized).jpg
    20220723_200006 (resized).jpg
    20220723_191418 (resized).jpg
    20220723_200451 (resized).jpg
    20220723_204104 (resized).jpg
    20220723_200028 (resized).jpg
    20220723_200016 (resized).jpg
    20220723_212405 (resized).jpg
    20220723_212701 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220724_122044 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220724_104018 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220724_103704 (resized).jpg
    There are 377 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
    #301 1 year ago

Really enjoyed the commentary and playing tips from the streaming crew tonight, very well done!

#302 1 year ago

Great show, great people, great assortment of games too this year. A lot more people I observed enjoying the arcades as well. Many families in the free play, which is good to see. Volunteered some time(not as much as previous or as I'd like due to outside commitments), the whole show is volunteer driven and kudos to all who give all their time or any. Best part for myself, was getting to see and work (in a fun way) with these people. Awesome community and hobby. Unique and fun all the way.

#303 1 year ago

Hey that’s me playing striker xtreme!

My buddy and I were passing through with both of our families on a week long roadtrip, and we were able to fit in some pinball Saturday evening. I probably walked past a bunch of pinsiders without even knowing it.
    Thanks to all the folks who made yegpin a reality this year. My buddy and I had a blast playing games we never had before.
    I personally want to thank whoever brought “who dunnit”. I had never played one before, and it ended up being my favorite of the evening. Now I need to start keeping an eye out for one to being home.

#304 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

They put lightning flippers on all the modern pins, including Godzilla. Classic games were on blocks to make them much steeper. Yikes.
    I do kind of want to play the Wizard with a power ball, though...

Played the wizard in qualifying and finals this morning. The powerball makes the game way better IMO

#305 1 year ago

We allowed anyone who was going to the show to pre-order a shirt and have a limited quantity there because we do not want to get stuck with them. The art is awesome, Jackson Gee made an incredible shirt design this year and those that were lucky enough to get one we’re smart enough to preorder them to be guaranteed one.

Quoted from PinMonk:

If stream viewers were allowed to order remotely and willing to pay for shipping, they can take orders and have those Ts made locally regionally after the show and shipped out from points within each main region (US, EU, AUS, etc) so shipping isn't terrible. The YEGPin shirt's pretty cool so I think there would be demand for it even if the price was a little high.

#306 1 year ago

It was a desperate attempt to make sure that the ball could actually make it up the playfield. It worked surprisingly well I have never put a powerball in a tournament game before but it worked out great.

Quoted from Nickson:

Played the wizard in qualifying and finals this morning. The powerball makes the game way better IMO

#307 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you see the frog tape wrap to keep the countdown backbox closed in the semifinal? THAT was silly.[quoted image]

how’s that silly? The door swung open mid game so they locked it and taped it so it didn’t happen again. Seems smart to me??

#308 1 year ago
    Quoted from Nickson:

how’s that silly? The door swung open mid game so they locked it and taped it so it didn’t happen again. Seems smart to me??

I don't think they could lock it. It kept opening. It was silly because frog tape has less adhesion than a peck on the cheek kiss. Wrong tape for the job, which is why they had to mummy wrap it to get enough on there not to come undone.

#309 1 year ago

Hey you gotta do what you gotta do, the stream is on people want to watch pinball not a perfect tape job on a backglass. I thought it was quick thinking on my part lol… It wasn’t a permanent fix but it did the job for the rest of the tournament.

Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't think they could lock it. It kept opening. It was silly because frog tape has less adhesion than a peck on the cheek kiss. Wrong tape for the job, which is why they had to mummy wrap it to get enough on there not to come undone.

#310 1 year ago

What were the results of the last tournament on Sunday?

#311 1 year ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

What were the results of the last tournament on Sunday?

https://matchplay.events/live/dgy0y/standings

#312 1 year ago

Thank you.

#313 1 year ago
    Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

I personally want to thank whoever brought “who dunnit”. I had never played one before, and it ended up being my favorite of the evening. Now I need to start keeping an eye out for one to being home.

I think I put up a grand champ on that. I had never played it before either. Fun and interesting game.

I was stoked to put some time on mortal combat. Too bad the screen was glitching so bad.

#314 1 year ago

Does anyone know who won the "Best in Show" awards, not to mention the free NIB game from Nitro for the donor draw?

#315 1 year ago
    Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Lol it was mine, well my wife's (its her favorite). I had numerous people ask to buy it. Good to know i will make sure to bring it every year for all to enjoy.

#316 1 year ago

Thanks to Analog brewery for selling the beer. What great beer!! It will now be a staple in my beer fridge. Thanks YEGPIN!

7CCDED64-87FC-437B-A82C-08FAE263C5FF (resized).jpeg7CCDED64-87FC-437B-A82C-08FAE263C5FF (resized).jpeg
    #317 1 year ago

What an amazing show. Great job Derek and everyone involved in putting this show together. Thank you for putting on a world class event

#318 1 year ago
    Quoted from Adib:

What an amazing show. Great job Derek and everyone involved in putting this show together. Thank you for putting on a world class event

Agreed.

THANKS DEREK!

#319 1 year ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

Thanks to Analog brewery for selling the beer. What great beer!! It will now be a staple in my beer fridge. Thanks YEGPIN!

A great beer indeed! I grabbed a different one of their beers from the liquor store on my way home because they didn't have the IPA Jam, hopefully it's in the stores here. I think I may have beer geeked out a bit too much with the guys at the beer table though, hopefully they appreciated my enthusiasm!

Did you buy yours from them at the show?

#320 1 year ago

I cannot confirm nor deny… but will make sure they are a staple in the garage whenever you come to town.

#321 1 year ago

We are all pretty tired out after pulling 12-16 hour days every day for the past week, but the show was awesome! So happy you guys enjoyed it, and I'm happy my stream went mostly without a hitch. I'll be uploading the complete streams to youtube this week, but in the meantime you can check them out on twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/diehardpinball/videos

For now though, I'm going to let my voice and my back recover lol

#322 1 year ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

We are all pretty tired out after pulling 12-16 hour days every day for the past week, but the show was awesome! So happy you guys enjoyed it, and I'm happy my stream went mostly without a hitch. I'll be uploading the complete streams to youtube this week, but in the meantime you can check them out on twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/diehardpinball/videos
    For now though, I'm going to let my voice and my back recover lol

So far as I am concerned you guys knocked it out of the friggin' park with this one. Everyone I talked to from all over the US and Canada were completely thrilled with it. The only obvious issue I saw was the terrible situation with flights/airlines, but that's obviously not under your control. Hopefully by next year/time that problem will be resolved.

I'd like to personally thank you all for putting on such an incredible pinball experience for us all to enjoy. You folks are incredible people.

#323 1 year ago

come on YEGPIN 2023

#324 1 year ago

Just wanted to say thanks for an awesome event. I know it was a ton of work but you really pulled it off. Had an absolute blast the entire time. Can't wait for next year. Will be spreading the word and bringing a crew.

#325 1 year ago
    Quoted from Emeyoo:

Just wanted to say thanks for an awesome event. I know it was a ton of work but you really pulled it off. Had an absolute blast the entire time. Can't wait for next year. Will be spreading the word and bringing a crew.

Agreed on all fronts. I will say, there was a massive heavy lean on the executive of the DHPL non-profit that runs this. If so much as one of those fine people got sick or injured or busy with their day job, then entire event would have suffered massively. So, for the event to truly be more sustainable, we need to see way more individual volunteers next year. Everytime I turned around, I saw Derek, Erin, Jordan and Kerri. That's it. I know there were more at the door and as techs, but those four individuals probably worked 100+ hours past week, and that's simply not sustainable. Which is why the next YegPin always seems in doubt--do they want to put themselves through that again?!

My suggestion? An early, coordinated call for volunteers, where gaps are not filled by the executive. Even if it requires a temporary staffing agency or something.

Also: an old-school white board to communicate messages at the event.

PS: I am surely forgetting many other dedicated, hardcore volunteers such as Ty, Mike W, and Kyle H. I mean nothing negative with this post, I simply want to see this wonderful event become something that requires less personal sacrifice by the executive.

Very much hope to see you all next year!!!

#326 1 year ago
    Quoted from wtuttle: Very much hope to see you all next year!!!

Hope to be there. Still owe you a beer or two for all your work trying to set things straight with serving papers to that pos in Calgary.

#327 1 year ago

Hey guys it’s jackson gee the artist from the show I wanted to say thanks for hosting me and it was pleasure to work with the team. Yegpin was a amazing you guys nailed it. I also missed out on a shirt lol I should’ve preordered But really happy for the team it sold out!

I know there was some interest in the poster for people that couldn’t make it. I have some left I did a limited run of them there was 50 available. Not sure how many I have left but they are signed and numbered. If you are interested you can pm I’ll host a link soon.

Shout out to Derek, Erin, Jordan, Kerri and the rest of the team and techs. You guys hosted an amazing event.

#328 1 year ago

quick plug for Jackson Gee, If you do order a YEGPIN poster from him, ask for some examples of his other art! they are amazing! then he could ship them with your poster.

#329 1 year ago

I s there any way to find who the owner of the sorcerer i would like to talk to him about the software he was using?

thx thc

#330 1 year ago

the one used for the cancer knockout tournament?

#331 1 year ago

quick plug for Jackson Gee, If you do order a YEGPIN poster from him, ask for some examples of his other art! they are amazing! then he could ship them with your poster.

Thanks for the plug. I’ll post a link soon I have actually have a whole line of pinball art that I debuted at the show. It’s not up yet but hopefully I’ll have some time soon to update my site.

#332 1 year ago

the one used for the cancer knockout tournament?

yes sir

#333 1 year ago

Wow what an event.

After spending over 165 stressful working hours during the 11 days to the lead up and conclusion of the event I had to take a couple days to wind down. I just want to thank everyone that participated in the 2022: YEGPIN Pinball and Arcade Expo, it was our pleasure to host all of you and to provide a world class show for all of those that attended.

The show had a few glitches but all in all I am very happy on how we addressed them and kept the tournaments running pretty smoothly despite some of the challenges we faced. The DTM Match Play software worked out like a dream, the end product was exactly how I imagined it. There were a number of positive comments from those that attended which told me that we did a good thing and they were happy they attended the event. Of course there is always room for improvement and our team has taken notes on how to address some of the comments we received and plan on sending out a survey in a month or so for people can provide constructive feedback.

I can tell you running this type of format is not easy with the amount of machines required, to try to load up on as many of tournaments we did and still provide a good overall quality experience for competitors is no easy feat. To make sure that the scheduling aligns, all of the rules are posted clearly and to make sure you have enough volunteers to make it run properly.

I am very proud of my team and how we gave it all we could all weekend, despite being short on volunteers (which were committed to and lost out on at the last minute) we still pushed through and delivered a quality show for everyone.

I am proud to announce that we raised $5,000 for the Terry Fox Foundation which will be sent through the Kinsman Club on our behalf. We had just under 1,500 general admission and weekend passes sold throughout the event. We had a full stage and large LED screen setup not seen since Pinburgh. We gave away almost 50K in cash and prizes in the 5 pinball tournaments we ran. We raised over $3000 in our silent auction, and with the help of admission, sponsorship and grants we believe the show with be in the black for this year when all of the final receipts are tallied. This of course will go into improvements for the future shows as we are a registered non-profit association.

I know that we all lost out on a great format and wonderful tournament in Pinburgh. Even with all of the extra work in recreating this tournament, I am really happy our team was able to deliver and give back a tournament that we all love. Thanks for overwhelming support, so many people came up to me with words of encouragement, lots of positive constructive feedback and ideas for the next show. I think my favorite part was just getting to see all of my pinball friends, competitors, new faces and the energy in everyone all weekend long.

The results for all tournaments have now been submitted to the IFPA, so look out for those. Our team will now take a well deserved break for the next month and then will start the planning for the 2023 version of the show. Hope to have some announcements later in the fall on the dates of the new show.

Thanks again and see you all next year or sooner at other pinball events.

#334 1 year ago

I would have access to that ROM, it actually makes Sorcerer a descent tournament game.

Quoted from thc666:

I s there any way to find who the owner of the sorcerer i would like to talk to him about the software he was using?
    thx thc

#335 1 year ago

I was just able to carve out 5 hours to attend on Saturday and I'm just now able to find a few minutes to post my thanks for this great event. My boys enjoy going every time and I've been taking them since 2017. One of them managed to finish "House of the dead" twice!. I dunno, maybe its an easy game. I was finally able to grab 2 sheets of widebody voodoo glass which I waited patiently for through covid. Managed to do a couple parking lot deals and nearly a third but turns out the 3rd guy was working the show and I didn't plan ahead.

I really enjoyed Nitros setup and really I spent most of my time there finally getting a chance to play TBL and revisit Alien, which is far more improved over the 2017 version I played years ago. Would have loved to have seen more Chicago gaming and JJP in the public side.

It was nice to see some different food offered that was more than the ol burger/hotdog. Montreal smoked meat is unheard of.

PS; whomever owns the TZ that was in the public side, you have one too many balls in there, your game is loosing track of the Powerball after it enters the gumball machine. And rebuild those flippers! Otherwise I played the crap out of it.

IMG_4999D (resized).JPGIMG_4999D (resized).JPGIMG_5001D (resized).JPGIMG_5001D (resized).JPGIMG_5002D (resized).JPGIMG_5002D (resized).JPG
    #336 1 year ago

Nice Star Wars LE (mine)

#337 1 year ago
    Quoted from pingod:

Nice Star Wars LE (mine)

Nice Star Wars LE looks fun bud

#338 1 year ago

I had an awesome time, can't wait till next year!

#339 1 year ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

#honeybadger...
    Didn't know you were in town ...
    Sad that I didn't get to meet you !

Likewise man, would have been nice! Great show Derek and everyone involved! Many thanks!!!

#340 1 year ago

Anyone else feel their age at the show? Three days of standing for 12+ hours after moving machines to get there was . . . a challenge.

#341 1 year ago

I was getting tired after only 3 hours of playing pinball - and I wasn't even in the tournaments! I can't even imagine how tired the volunteers were after all this!

You are all amazing folks, please don't stop!!!!!

#342 1 year ago

Heard good things... have dates been decided on for 2023 yet?

#343 1 year ago

Still recovering from the show lol… We won’t announce anything until the fall. Want to make sure that we can lock down our dates with our facility and to get feedback from all attendees on the date to see if the summer date is still the best time to hold the event.

Quoted from Chalkey:

Heard good things... have dates been decided on for 2023 yet?

#344 1 year ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Still recovering from the show lol… We won’t announce anything until the fall. Want to make sure that we can lock down our dates with our facility and to get feedback from all attendees on the date to see if the summer date is still the best time to hold the event.

I think the summer date hurt attendence myself.
    I know a lot of people that would have went otherwise.
    Guess the Diehard players would still come anyway

#345 1 year ago

We broke attendance records again for the event even with the summer date. It will really determine what players come back with on survey as we want to ensure that we get a full sellout in our tournaments for future events.

Quoted from pingod:

I think the summer date hurt attendence myself.
    I know a lot of people that would have went otherwise.
    Guess the Diehard players would still come anyway

#346 1 year ago

Some constructive feedback:

Me and my buddy found the tournament to be way too demanding and preferred the freedom of the old pay to play style. We were only able to have one relaxed breakfast and one relaxed dinner the entire weekend. It felt like going to work instead of a get away.

#347 1 year ago

Yes, it is a major three days commitment for sure, however we do have the Cancer Knockout tournament for those that want the flexibility to chill and plan to offer both of the options. mMost players travel for the Pinburgh match play format but I know it is a major commitment for some so that is why the best game format is available to give something for everyone. For the best game we plan on changing the playoff format to extend the format a little longer on Sunday.

Quoted from Tranquilize:

Done constructive feedback:
    Me and my buddy found the tournament to be way too demanding and preferred the freedom of the old pay to play style. We were only able to have one relaxed breakfast and one relaxed dinner the entire weekend. It felt like going to work instead of a get away.

#348 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

Does anyone know who won the "Best in Show" awards, not to mention the free NIB game from Nitro for the donor draw?

#349 1 year ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Yes, it is a major three days commitment for sure, however we do have the Cancer Knockout tournament for those that want the flexibility to chill and plan to offer both of the options. mMost players travel for the Pinburgh match play format but I know it is a major commitment for some so that is why the best game format is available to give something for everyone. For the best game we plan on changing the playoff format to extend the format a little longer on Sunday.

Cool. I'll look into the knockout for next year.

#350 1 year ago

Best in Show - Black Knight
    Best Modern - Circus Voltaire
    Best Solid State - Joker Poker
    Best EM - Wizard

Ryan McGuire was the lucky draw winner of the NIB Stern Pinball machine donated by Nitro Pinball

There are 377 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2022-yegpin-pinball-and-arcade-expo-july-21-24-2022/page/7?hl=ochofosho and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.