Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 377 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by pingod
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5001D (resized).JPG
    IMG_5002D (resized).JPG
    IMG_4999D (resized).JPG
    7CCDED64-87FC-437B-A82C-08FAE263C5FF (resized).jpeg
    countdown-semi-tiebreaker (resized).jpg
    20220723_200006 (resized).jpg
    20220723_191418 (resized).jpg
    20220723_200451 (resized).jpg
    20220723_204104 (resized).jpg
    20220723_200028 (resized).jpg
    20220723_200016 (resized).jpg
    20220723_212405 (resized).jpg
    20220723_212701 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220724_122044 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220724_104018 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220724_103704 (resized).jpg

There are 377 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.
    #52 2 years ago

Any chance a guy can buy a show poster online?

#53 2 years ago

Not sure yet if we will have them online or for sale just at the show. We have to talk to our artist again and see if he is still interested in doing some prints. We also still have some stock on our 18 and 19 posters too that will be available again at the show.

Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Any chance a guy can buy a show poster online?

1 week later
    #54 2 years ago

Happy Holidays from all of us at YEGPIN. We have updated our pinball machine listing with all of the early applications we have received, we are currently over 150 pinball machines committed for the event with many more to come.

https://www.yegpin.com/pinball-machines/

If you are interested in donating a machine to the event there are a ton of rewards, the best of which will be a chance to win a Stern new in box pinball machine.

To donate your machine please use the following form on the website. This will be the can't miss show of the summer.

https://www.yegpin.com/bring-a-game/

#55 2 years ago

Added my Ali, Sinbad, Black knight and eight ball deluxe to your machine lineup list.

1 week later
    #56 2 years ago

YEGPIN machine listing on our website is updated once again up to over 175 pinball machines that have been donated for the event we will accept up to 250 machines so keep those donations a coming it is going to be one hell of a show that you won’t want to miss.

www.YEGPIN.com

1 week later
    #57 2 years ago

Good news all of our pinball tournaments at YEGPIN have been approved by the IFPA!!!

Three of the events (YEGPIN Match Play Championship, YEGPIN Knockout Cancer Pinball Tournament and YEGPIN Pro Pinball Tournament are all IFPA Certified which means each of these tournaments will get a 20% boost each.

Currently there are only 13 tournaments across the globe that have qualified for this designation and we have 3 of them in one show!!!!

Tickets go on sale on February 12, 2022 @ noon for YEGPIN Match Play Championship, YEGPIN Womens Match Play Championship and YEGPIN Pro Pinball Tournament, don't miss out tickets are limited for all these events!!!

2 weeks later
    #58 2 years ago

I sure do hope masks are no longer a requirement by the time YEGPIN rolls around

#59 2 years ago

Will post the current COVID restrictions next week before initial ticket sales but those are subject to change. Would be nice to have no restrictions by the time the show rolls around but we are following whatever the facility has to abide by at the time of the show.

Quoted from toasterman04:

I sure do hope masks are no longer a requirement by the time YEGPIN rolls around

#60 2 years ago

Up to over 190 pinball machines and 50 classic video arcade committed for the show. We have had huge support from the local and regional donor community and it is very much appreciated. Tournament tickets will officially go on sale on February 12, 2022 for those that want to participate in the following events:

YEGPIN: Match Play Championship - $150
    YEGPIN: Pro Pinball Tournament - $50
    YEGPIN: Women's Match Play Championship - $50

Tickets are limited for each event once we sellout there will be no more so do not hesitate if you want to play tournament pinball at YEGPIN.

Also available will be a discounted 4 day pass for the event - $80, this is for a limited time as they will be $90 at the door if they want to be purchased.

More information will come out this next week on the full details of all of the events and all of the COVID protocols which are subject to change up to the event.

www.yegpin.com

#61 2 years ago

We cancelled INDISC and are very sad as everyone is on their way there as we speak but we just booked the hotel for our 1st YEGPIN so back to happy again!

Super stoked for YEGPIN!

When we book can we order more than one ticket? My buddy will be at work that day so can I grab tickets for him as well when tickets go on sale?

Also do you know what time the tickets go on sale? I have to start training my F5 finger!

This is a dumb question...if I am ranked 1000 can I still qualify for the main division in the matchplay tournament?

#62 2 years ago

WAR YEGPIN!

No pandemic nor truck barricade will stop me! I will walk through wheat fields and fight through prairie hail storms while rabbid coyotes try to eat my family.

PIN-BALL-WILL-BE-HAD!

#63 2 years ago

I am at INDISC right now, but I can answer the questions. We are still working out the details on ticket sales but at this point it will probably only be two tickets per person.

The tickets will be on sale on Feb 12 @ 12pm MST and yes F5 will be your friend. Another update will be sent out regarding the ticket process next week.

Quoted from Shenanigander:

We cancelled INDISC and are very sad as everyone is on their way there as we speak but we just booked the hotel for our 1st YEGPIN so back to happy again!
    Super stoked for YEGPIN!
    When we book can we order more than one ticket? My buddy will be at work that day so can I grab tickets for him as well when tickets go on sale?
    Also do you know what time the tickets go on sale? I have to start training my F5 finger!
    This is a dumb question...if I am ranked 1000 can I still qualify for the main division in the matchplay tournament?

#64 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

WAR YEGPIN!

No pandemic nor truck barricade will stop me! I will walk through wheat fields and fight through prairie hail storms while rabbid coyotes try to eat my family.

PIN-BALL-WILL-BE-HAD!

I will have a cold beer waiting for you at the end of your Albertan journey

#65 2 years ago

Still trying to figure this out.

Need to get more info from family and figure out the AB stuff

I need to retire

#66 2 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

I am at INDISC right now, but I can answer the questions. We are still working out the details on ticket sales but at this point it will probably only be two tickets per person.
    The tickets will be on sale on Feb 12 @ 12pm MST and yes F5 will be your friend. Another update will be sent out regarding the ticket process next week.

I did see your name in the standings. Good luck and thanks!

#67 2 years ago

Lots of room for pins, think I have 10 or so willing to send, and spend time teching.

#68 2 years ago
    Quoted from volkdrive:

and spend time teching

Sounds great ryan. Anybody else want to tech let me know as I think we will need a few extras this year with the amount of machines

#69 2 years ago
    Quoted from Stretch7:

Sounds great ryan. Anybody else want to tech let me know as I think we will need a few extras this year with the amount of machines

I can fill in for the easy shit, lol.
    I better at least get a shirt this time

#70 2 years ago

Our intent is to provide our technicians with YEGPIN technician shirts for those that take on three or more shifts. For any less than that they receive a volunteer shirt.

Look out for announcements in April for all of technician and tournament director opportunities.

Quoted from pingod:

I can fill in for the easy shit, lol.

#71 2 years ago
    Quoted from pingod:

I will make sure you have a shirt even if I have to give you the shirt off my back ....easy stuff is fine, Most times that's all it is.

#72 2 years ago

Well the day is almost here when all of the tournament tickets officially go on sale for the 2022 YEGPIN Pinball and Arcade Expo in Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada. www.yegpin.com

This will also be your first chance to buy a 4 day pass is you just plan on hanging out all weekend in the free play area, or decide you only want to play in the Knockout Cancer Pinball Tournament.

We are so excited to welcome the world to our event where we will be hosting some of the best tournament pinball in the world, coolest free play machines on display for all to try out, and an electric atmosphere with our party zone that enhances the fun for the entire event.

Here are some things to know:
    • Tickets officially go on sale on Saturday, February 12, 2022 at 12:00Pm MST
    • The current Admission button will be changed to Get Tickets on Saturday morning
    • When you click on that shortcut button it will take you to the ticketing portal for the event
    • You can choose as many events to purchase as you want you will have the following options
    o YEGPIN – Match Play Championship - $150 (Limited to 300 tickets)
    o YEGPIN – Women’s Match Play Tournament - $50 (Limited to 64 tickets)
    o YEGPIN – Pro Pinball Tournament - $50 (Limited to 80 tickets)
    o YEGPIN – 4 Day Pass - $80 (not required to process ticket, but you will need to at some point purchase a 4 day pass or daily admission to play in tournaments)
    o YEGPIN Show Shirt - $35
    • A $5 administration fee will be applied to each order so if you want to save yourself a little cash bundle all of your purchases into one purchase.
    • If you are looking to process the transaction as quickly as you can only pick one and you can always go in and purchase other items after the fact. It will just cost you a $5 administration fee for every extra transaction you make. (Buyer Beware!!!)
    • You can only select up to two items on each ticket, this is to give others a chance at ticket and stop individuals from hoarding tickets like we have seen happen at past popular pinball shows.
    • Once you have all your items selected you click GET TICKETS at the bottom
    • You will now get yourself into a screen to add in your name, email, phone number, IFPA number (if you do not know your IFPA # or do not have one then enter N/A). To look up your IFPA number please refer to https://www.ifpapinball.com/players/find.php
    • You will have to fill in the same information for each ticket you purchase, yes we know this is annoying but it is a limitation of the program, just go with it.
    • If you are selecting two tickets, then you need to enter in a different name and email address, this is important or else the transaction will not process.
    • Once the information is completed you will then select the blue button Checkout Now
    • This will take you to the Checkout menu where you verify or enter you information, please make sure that your credit card is attached to that address.
    • Then enter in your credit card number, Expiration and Card Security Code.
    • Once you complete this process your should get a confirmation email and a separate email that will produce a QR code for your entry into the event in July.
    • If an ticketed event is sold out we will have a separate process to manage the waitlist. We tried to build that in to this ticketing process but there are just no good solutions in this application where we felt this could be managed properly and fairly. Stay tuned for announcements on Facebook, Tilt Forums or Pinside for those instructions when or if they happen.

This is a new ticketing process so please be patient with us if you run into issues. We will try to address any issues the best we can. We know this is a stressful process for everyone as so many people want tickets to the event and are worried about sellouts. All I can say is try to get on as soon as you can, process your tickets timely and without error and everything should work out.

The refund process is pretty straightforward and all of the disclaimers are listed on the main cart selector page if you care to read them. We also have these stated on our website if you care to read them.

I wish you all the best of luck on Saturday with the registration process and may F5 be your friend at the start of the registration process.

#73 2 years ago

Tickets go on sale tomorrow.
    Just a reminder people

#74 2 years ago

So with hours to go, it seems I will not be able to join the tourney with you guys.

However, we (family) are still trying to plan a trip around the show, as I personally have never been to AB and would love to see the sites and of course hit up yegpin.

Hoping to get some assistance planning a trip from you guys, but I'll wait until the ticket frenzy is over to start bugging you all.

Good luck to the F5 warriors today.

I hope to meet a lot of you potentially this July!

#75 2 years ago

The nice thing about the show is the tournaments are only half of it. Yes they are great and many competitive players don’t even go into Free Play area all weekend but the other side will have great titles and is worth attending if you are in town. As well the Knockout Cancer is available as a drop-in tournament for those that can’t commit to the Thursday - Saturday schedule. Either way this will be a can miss event, we are on track for our goal with 250 pinball machines and 50 classic arcades, it will be the biggest pinball and arcade show I believe that has ever been out on in Canada.

Quoted from Meegis:

So with hours to go, it seems I will not be able to join the tourney with you guys.
    However, we (family) are still trying to plan a trip around the show, as I personally have never been to AB and would love to see the sites and of course hit up yegpin.
    Hoping to get some assistance planning a trip from you guys, but I'll wait until the ticket frenzy is over to start bugging you all.
    Good luck to the F5 warriors today.
    I hope to meet a lot of you potentially this July!

#76 2 years ago

For the younger crowd, if you are wondering what F5 is...It's the refresh key on your Chromebook!

Chromebook-Refresh-Key (resized).pngChromebook-Refresh-Key (resized).png
    #77 2 years ago
    Quoted from klr650:

For the younger crowd, if you are wondering what F5 is...It's the refresh key on your Chromebook!

Good luck guys & gals

#78 2 years ago

Its time!

ghghghhghg (resized).JPGghghghhghg (resized).JPG
    #79 2 years ago

Ruh roh. Website not working. 502 Bad Gateway. I think we broke it T minus 5 minutes!!

#80 2 years ago

11:58 and site is stalled! Stop hitting F5!!!!!

#81 2 years ago

Aaaaargh!!!!!

#82 2 years ago

Someone varnish that cache server!

Screenshot 2022-02-12 12.02.43 PM - Display 2 (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-02-12 12.02.43 PM - Display 2 (resized).png
    #83 2 years ago

Has anyone got on or in to buy tickets ? Or it it totally crashed

#84 2 years ago

My backend won't fetch apparently....

#85 2 years ago
    Quoted from bitternerd:

My backend won't fetch apparently....

You need some guru meditation!

#86 2 years ago

That was sadly anticlimactic.
    But at least I’m not the only one with issues with gateways and fetching.

#87 2 years ago

Somebody reboot the Vic-20 they host their website on!

#88 2 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

Somebody reboot the Vic-20 they host their website on!

At least upgrade to C64

#89 2 years ago

Order finally worked, it looked it fails again after you submit your payment info, but I eventually got the emails with the receipt and tickets. 1 hour of retries and disappointment, but tickets acquired!

#90 2 years ago

Looks sold out now

#91 2 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

Order finally worked, it looked it fails again after you submit your payment info, but I eventually got the emails with the receipt and tickets. 1 hour of retries and disappointment, but tickets acquired!

Order will be refunded asap. They Posted in the yegpinpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png FB event

#92 2 years ago

Holy **** you guys due to the overwhelming popularity of YEGPIN Pinball and Arcade Expo our servers could not handle the traffic. We took extra precautions but obviously this was not enough, we have never had ticketing issues with this system before but again it is a new system and with all of the hype surrounding the tournaments I guess it wasn't enough. I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience.
    Who knew the pinballers could be such troublemakers. We are addressing the issue with our provider and to be fair to everyone we are setting a new date for the ticket sales. That date will be announced very soon and we will give everyone able time to make time in their schedule to access the tickets.
    Sorry for building up more anticipation but we want to make sure there is a fair chance for everyone to get an opportunity to purchase tickets for this event.
    Lookout for the new date in the coming days. Good thing we have some time till the event .

Please note that any tickets sales that might have happened to go through will be re-funded as soon as we can. Please do not try to purchase any tickets at this time as we resolve the issue and are locked out of our system at the moment.

#93 2 years ago

That's what happens when you've got Derek hawking tickets like a used car salesman. I'll be waiting impatiently for the next F5 moment.

#94 2 years ago

Craziness, just got the numbers pretty amazing on how people logged on to try to purchase. Our poor IT team has been working all day rebuilding the site, I owe them big time. We are all volunteers so doing the best we can to get everything good to go so we succeed the next time we put the ticketing site live . Lots of really positive comments our team was extremely disappointed today as we worked so hard to make this process smooth for everyone. So thanks for making it easy on us and all the understanding.

Quoted from frisbez:

That's what happens when you've got Derek hawking tickets like a used car salesman. I'll be waiting impatiently for the next F5 moment.

#95 2 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Craziness, just got the numbers pretty amazing on how people logged on to try to purchase.

Well, how many?!

#96 2 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

We are all volunteers so doing the best we can to get everything good to go so we succeed the next time we put the ticketing site live . Lots of really positive comments our team

Just goes to show what an amazing show and great job all you guys do putting this on every year that so many of us rabid pinball fans are so eager to jump at the chance to get in for another year!

#97 2 years ago

Question for the locals: how feasible would it be to combine the show with a trip to Banff if I flew in? Seems like a cool opportunity to possibly do both.

#98 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Question for the locals: how feasible would it be to combine the show with a trip to Banff if I flew in? Seems like a cool opportunity to possibly do both.

Banff is approximately a 4 hour (one way) drive from Edmonton, so if you are planning to stay for an extra few days and enjoy a some what scenic drive it’s not a bad plan, for a day trip it’s probably not the most feasible trip.

#99 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Depending on how much time you have, I'd recommend flying into Calgary and renting a car. Head over to Banff (90 minute drive) and spend a day+ there. Then take highway 93 North up to Jasper which is a beautiful scenic route through the mountains in July (check google street view or search Icefields Parkway for proof) and take a couple hours to stop in at Sunwapta Falls, Athabasca Falls, and/or Columbia Icefields along the way. Spend the night in Jasper and then head east to Edmonton and catch the Maligne Canyon Loop for a short visit on your way out of the National Park. Banff Upper Hot Springs and Miette Hot Springs are worth checking out too if you're into that sort of thing. White water rafting and gondola rides too. Then you can catch YEGPin and fly home from Edmonton. Or do it all in reverse if flights work out better that way.

Just my 2¢

#100 2 years ago
    Quoted from nullPinner:

Depending on how much time you have, I'd recommend flying into Calgary and renting a car. Head over to Banff (90 minute drive) and spend a day+ there. Then take highway 93 North up to Jasper which is a beautiful scenic route through the mountains in July (check google street view or search Icefields Parkway for proof) and take a couple hours to stop in at Sunwapta Falls, Athabasca Falls, and/or Columbia Icefields along the way. Spend the night in Jasper and then head east to Edmonton and catch the Maligne Canyon Loop for a short visit on your way out of the National Park. Banff Upper Hot Springs and Miette Hot Springs are worth checking out too if you're into that sort of thing. White water rafting and gondola rides too. Then you can catch YEGPin and fly home from Edmonton. Or do it all in reverse if flights work out better that way.
    Just my 2¢

Yeah, do it. Lived near Jasper/Banff for years. A lot to do there that is like you will see/experience no where else. Still go every summer for some awesome hiking.

There are 377 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2022-yegpin-pinball-and-arcade-expo-july-21-24-2022/page/2?hl=frisbez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.