Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 725 posts
  • 157 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Gott_Lieb
  • Topic is favorited by 63 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220325_121731 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3258 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3261 (resized).jpg
    8484950E-DA1F-4E95-BE14-46B0B7015A68 (resized).jpeg
    58860182cd39de67287f6788cf3a180c4a595667 (resized).jpg
    4B4D4D66-9A90-4AC9-9FCE-65AD1F639AD0 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20221008_122844421 (resized).jpg
    20221007_120757 (resized).jpg
    20221007_151651 (resized).jpg
    20221007_172310 (resized).jpg
    20221007_184534 (resized).jpg
    20221008_084942 (resized).jpg
    20221007_195748 (resized).jpg
    20221008_083959 (resized).jpg
    20221008_142108 (resized).jpg
    20221008_151700 (resized).jpg

There are 725 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 15.
    #701 1 year ago
    Quoted from OldHockeyGuy:

I'm glad someone sold me an imperfect game at a fair price and I was able to get into the hobby. I read books and also pumped people for information on how to repair items.

First rule is always accept that everyone is not the same as yourself. I too started by learning to fix the games. But if we go back to what I said "Newbs not ready to tinker shouldn't be out hunting for the best deals". While there are plenty of people who do want to go on this journey, far far far more people get in without a clue and AREN'T interested in a game that is likely going to not work right when they get it home... and worse... not expect it. A flea market atmosphere of 'as is' games isn't a good spot to break in a person who may not know what it means to own a game. It's a great experience to show them what is possible and that the hobby/market is alive.

Hell, look at the number of NIB buyers on pinside who think buying a new game should be like buying a TV from Best Buy... Everyone wants a wholesaler price but with retail expectations.

EVERY SINGLE DAY I am onsite working on games, someone strikes up a conversation with me about wanting someone willing to fix games for them.. or have a conversation like "I want a game, but don't want to worry about fixing it". I mean, remember, we are in a time where people pay others to come pickup their dog poop or clean their trash cans for them as a subscription.

Even just 2hrs ago, guy told me he had two games... Royal Flush and Gorgar. Non-trivial games he's had a long long time... but what does he do? He pays a tech from MD to come over and fix his stuff.

The idea that strollin' the aisles of York is a great way to setup randos is nuts.. even EMs... which of course can always be fixed if complete, but also temperamental if not played enough.

Send the retail buyers to the *honest* retail sellers - It's better for both of them.

Quoted from Palmer:

Exactly. The notion that newbies can't learn how to fix their first game is ridiculous.

Great - because no one said that either.

#702 1 year ago

I would just like to add, that a couple years ago, I was a first time buyer. And nervous at that, about buying a 30 year old pinball machine with no warranty or instructions. The seller (Rich) had been in the business many years. I appreciated that he went over the machine, under the playfield and even gave me spare parts. I saw it was working in his basement, but after a 1 hour Uhaul truck ride it didn't. I did "The Call". He patiently explained what the problem might be and directed me to the WIKI site for repairs. I did trial and error, till I brought it back to life. So not all newbies are helpless. But understand that some can not even change a bulb, without paying a techie.

#703 1 year ago

Ok…enough with that BS.

It was a great show, ran into a lot of cool people I haven’t seen in a while, met some new people, let show goers enjoy my Safari. After Nick helped me get it up and running. Got to hang out with Rich and his family breaking down everything after the show was over.

Hopefully next year the show will be even better. Thanks to Rich and his family, and all the time they put into this thing.

#704 1 year ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Ok…enough with that BS.
    It was a great show, ran into a lot of cool people I haven’t seen in a while, met some new people, let show goers enjoy my Safari. After Nick helped me get it up and running. Got to hang out with Rich and his family breaking down everything after the show was over.
    Hopefully next year the show will be even better. Thanks to Rich and his family, and all the time they put into this thing.

Agree. Great show. Maybe one of the best York shows ever.
    I've been to every single one. Thanks to Rich and all the staff.
    Take this flip good/bad thing somewhere else.

#705 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Agree. Great show. Maybe one of the best York shows ever.
    I've been to every single one. Thanks to Rich and all the staff.
    Take this flip good/bad thing somewhere else.

What you can do is talk the guy with that minty Derby Day into giving me a good price so I can go pick it up.

#706 1 year ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

What you can do is talk the guy with that minty Derby Day into giving me a good price so I can go pick it up.

He actually bought that years ago in the York show outdoor flea market when it was up in the Old Main Building. It was pretty rough. Steve is a professional woodworker. He made those legs (they really should be red metal, but who's counting), and all the trim around the lightbox. It's his pride and joy, and I think it's a keeper. As is my "Royal Flush".

#707 1 year ago

The amount of SS games was really good this year. People normally complain about the lack of DMD/Spike era games (which largely held true this year too) but I felt the SS variety was interesting enough itself. The Vendor selection of latest releases was good.... but no Spooky games this time? (was PinballStar there? I didn't see whose ToyStory and CCr those were).

Even the customized Raven at the back of the hall looked good enough to tell someone they should play Raven! Looked nice.. really liked the Sniper translight.
    IMG_3261 (resized).jpgIMG_3261 (resized).jpg

Really liked the Ghostbuster topper too
    IMG_3258 (resized).jpgIMG_3258 (resized).jpg

Would have liked to buy up Bob's Stranger Things... but I think it was a flip

#708 1 year ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Ok…enough with that BS.

And you were kind enough to bring me a bunch of new glass!
    Who does that?!

#709 1 year ago

Thanks to everyone who brought a game. I played a bunch of pins that I never played before and I really enjoyed playing Elvira's Scared Stiff . I'm also thankful that I didn't run into a crop duster at the show.
    I almost played in my first tournament. I saw the Bride of Pinbot,near the back was finally turned on. So I got inline to play it. I was next to play it,but something made me ask the guy in front of me if this was part of the tournament. He said yes so I reluctantly left the line.

#710 1 year ago

I agree with JR. This was one of, if not the best York shows. Kudos to Rich, Tina and family/crew. Hoping the show was as successful for them as it seems to have been for the attendees. I sold 4 machines, delivered 2, traded 1 for 1 and bought 1. Sold a bunch of signs and beer/advertising and related including a boat load of beer tap handles in the flea market. Bought some glass and needed parts. I'm just getting back to normal after being absolutely exhausted.

It was great catching up with some old friends and meeting new folks. The boys from Australia seemed to enjoy themselves and everyone seemed to extend their hand in hospitality for our very friendly visitors.

Time to get to work for Allentown. It'll be here before we know it!

Thanks again for all who worked to make the show such a success. The pinball world is in your debt.

#711 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1stpinballdave:

I agree with JR. This was one of, if not the best York shows. Kudos to Rich, Tina and family/crew. Hoping the show was as successful for them as it seems to have been for the attendees. I sold 4 machines, delivered 2, traded 1 for 1 and bought 1. Sold a bunch of signs and beer/advertising and related including a boat load of beer tap handles in the flea market. Bought some glass and needed parts. I'm just getting back to normal after being absolutely exhausted.
    It was great catching up with some old friends and meeting new folks. The boys from Australia seemed to enjoy themselves and everyone seemed to extend their hand in hospitality for our very friendly visitors.
    Time to get to work for Allentown. It'll be here before we know it!
    Thanks again for all who worked to make the show such a success. The pinball world is in your debt.

Im sorry I missed York this year, sounds like a good one.

I gotta drag more of you Northeast guys to the Texas show in March. We dont get as many EMs as Allentown but we make up for it in SS/DMDs

Here's my Evel lineup from last year. Hoping to pull one together for next year (just bought a $350 NightRider, need a EK pf).

20220325_121731 (resized).jpg20220325_121731 (resized).jpg
    #712 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinhead52:

Here's my Evel lineup from last year.

Love that Evel Knievel line up.

What a great run Bally had in the late 70's.

I'd bring my Bobby Orr Power Play to Texas in March for a flip up competition of at least 5 of them.

#713 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinhead52:

Im sorry I missed York this year, sounds like a good one.
    I gotta drag more of you Northeast guys to the Texas show in March. We dont get as many EMs as Allentown but we make up for it in SS/DMDs
    Here's my Evel lineup from last year. Hoping to pull one together for next year (just bought a $350 NightRider, need a EK pf).
    [quoted image]

I'm trying to fit that show in Ken... would be great to get down to my wife's neck of the woods for a change. Been to one show back in 2015 or thereabouts, it was a super-fun, very unique event.

1 week later
    #714 1 year ago
    Quoted from Skidave:

There were 2 Embryon machines there. Wow, I really enjoyed playing them. Great early SS rules. I'm not a huge fan of wide body machines, but Embryon was a blast. Who owned the Embryon in the row with FG and Fathom?

Anyone know the owner of this Embryon?

#715 1 year ago
    Quoted from Skidave:

Anyone know the owner of this Embryon?

One was probably from "Pistol" Pete from AVP. Not certain who brought the 2nd one.

#716 1 year ago

Bill Disney brought the second one. It's on fb.

#717 1 year ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

Bill Disney brought the second one. It's on fb.

Thanks. FB Marketplace? Got a link, I don't see it.

#718 1 year ago
    Quoted from Skidave:

Thanks. FB Marketplace? Got a link, I don't see it.

I believe it sold, but I'll be at The Pinball Gallery tonight and can double check.

#719 1 year ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

I believe it sold, but I'll be at The Pinball Gallery tonight and can double check.

Any chance "The Pinball Gallery"will return to pre-covid hours ? I liked going around lunch time,and staying until 7:00 pm. The time really flew and it felt like I was there for only a couple of hours.
    The place is like Pinball heaven,and the owners are really nice people too.

#720 1 year ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Yes, the Pinball Gallery is a gem of an arcade and the owners are fantastic. Fun to see them at events, and patronizing their place is always fun.

#721 1 year ago

Confirmed Embryon sold at York.

Quoted from ralphs007:

Any chance "The Pinball Gallery"will return to pre-covid hours ? I liked going around lunch time,and staying until 7:00 pm. The time really flew and it felt like I was there for only a couple of hours.

Not sure. Haven't heard any updates on that front.

#722 1 year ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Our Embryon sold at the York Show late on Saturday.

#723 1 year ago

Our Embryon sold at the York Show

That's great. I really enjoyed playing Embryon. My first time. My favorite Bally widebody now because of the rule set.

There was another Embryon in a lineup next to Flash Gordon and Fathom. It wasn't for sale, but curious if the owner was local-ish.

#724 1 year ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Thanks for the kind comments...

Currently, the closest thing we have to weekday lunch-time hours at the Pinball Gallery are on Friday's, when we open at 2pm. Unfortunately, we haven't seen much of an uptick in business from core lunch-time crowd, which are the office workers in the area, because for the most part they are either still working from home, or don't venture out as much as they used to. Things are improving, but it's been a slow climb back. We'd like to expand our hours, but it has to make business sense to do so. I think we'll get there, but not as fast as any of us would like.

#725 1 year ago
    Quoted from Skidave:

Our Embryon sold at the York Show
    That's great. I really enjoyed playing Embryon. My first time. My favorite Bally widebody now because of the rule set.
    There was another Embryon in a lineup next to Flash Gordon and Fathom. It wasn't for sale, but curious if the owner was local-ish.

There is an Embryon I worked on several years ago in the Windsor area. Also, the person who runs the York Show has one too, IIRC.

There are 725 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2022-white-rose-gameroom-show-10-7-10-8-buy-sell-amp-trade-thread/page/15?hl=oldhockeyguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.