Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 725 posts
  • 157 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Gott_Lieb
  • Topic is favorited by 63 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220325_121731 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3258 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3261 (resized).jpg
    8484950E-DA1F-4E95-BE14-46B0B7015A68 (resized).jpeg
    58860182cd39de67287f6788cf3a180c4a595667 (resized).jpg
    4B4D4D66-9A90-4AC9-9FCE-65AD1F639AD0 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20221008_122844421 (resized).jpg
    20221007_120757 (resized).jpg
    20221007_151651 (resized).jpg
    20221007_172310 (resized).jpg
    20221007_184534 (resized).jpg
    20221008_084942 (resized).jpg
    20221007_195748 (resized).jpg
    20221008_083959 (resized).jpg
    20221008_142108 (resized).jpg
    20221008_151700 (resized).jpg
    There are 725 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 15.
    #601 1 year ago

Couldn't make the show this year...

But I'm curious if any of you seen any of these games for sale??

1964 Williams heat wave
    1978 Gottlieb stranger things
    1977 Gottlieb big hit
    1967 Gottlieb sing along

Or any rare Gottlieb late e.m pinballs such as t.k.o, Neptune, blue note/rock star, Gemini, space walk

Have fun to all, what will be the next big "show" for me to potentially add another e.m to my line up???other than the great Allentown

#602 1 year ago
    Quoted from BRONX:

Couldn't make the show this year...
    But I'm curious if any of you seen any of these games for sale??
    1964 Williams heat wave
    1978 Gottlieb stranger things
    1977 Gottlieb big hit
    1967 Gottlieb sing along
    Or any rare Gottlieb late e.m pinballs such as t.k.o, Neptune, blue note/rock star, Gemini, space walk
    Have fun to all, what will be the next big "show" for me to potentially add another e.m to my line up???other than the great Allentown

Not mine but there wS a sing along that went for 425

20221008_140626 (resized).jpg20221008_140626 (resized).jpg
    #603 1 year ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Dislike the practice. Not my show, but if it were, would absolutely be against the rules. Why allow room for scalping if you don’t have to?
    One of those “just because you can, doesn’t mean you should” type of things.

Oh I dont disagree, just noting I have seen it before.

#604 1 year ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

For sale Thursday…
    [quoted image]
    ….then for sale again later Thursday…?
    [quoted image]
    Is this the world’s fastest flip? Perhaps York should encourage all floor sales to conclude at the end of the show.

I think I understand now. I bought the fiixer upper bad cats and moved it to the show floor and put up a red sign. I've had 3 people try to buy it from me so far.

#605 1 year ago

1800 for Space Invaders !

16652537612845391537932488328034 (resized).jpg16652537612845391537932488328034 (resized).jpg
    #606 1 year ago

SantaEatsCheese

Yes, I really missed another good show :0(
    $425 for sing along is really good. If playfield is good I would of brought the cabinet back to life with original colors and stenciling. Nice game

#607 1 year ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Huge thanks to NicoVolta for a tremendous assist…and taking the time to help work out the last bug on my Safari. Stellar dude.
    Now up and running 100%.
    Jesterfunhouse on the other hand…
    [quoted image][quoted image]

I was there yesterday. Safari was absolutely stunning. I didn’t get a chance to play it unfortunately.

#608 1 year ago

Lethal Weapon is sold

#609 1 year ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Dislike the practice. Not my show, but if it were, would absolutely be against the rules. Why allow room for scalping if you don’t have to?

This has been going on at shows since "the beginning of time". Not just Pinball Shows but basically any kind of show where money changes hands. It isn't a good thing for the "general public" but it is pretty much impossible to regulate or control.

It is also one of the biggest driving forces for a lot of people to get to the show early or to bring machines to a show so they can get in and wheel & deal before the show even opens.

Bottom line is you are not going to stop it regardless or what you do.

#610 1 year ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

This has been going on at shows since "the beginning of time". Not just Pinball Shows but basically any kind of show where money changes hands. It isn't a good thing for the "general public" but it is pretty much impossible to regulate or control.
    It is also one of the biggest driving forces for a lot of people to get to the show early or to bring machines to a show so they can get in and wheel & deal before the show even opens.
    Bottom line is you are not going to stop it regardless or what you do.

Unless you.... made a rule against it...

#611 1 year ago

What a great show! Loved the woodrail row, bingos, and thank you to whoever brought this unbelievably unique game:

97301F1F-B1BC-4011-918D-5107F9E96954 (resized).jpeg97301F1F-B1BC-4011-918D-5107F9E96954 (resized).jpeg

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a game quite like it. I had no idea you were supposed to roll the ball down the glass!

#612 1 year ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Unless you.... made a rule against it...

And just how do you enforce such a rule. Show promoters & their help are already crazy busy during set up time and even if they could watch for that kind of thing it is pretty much impossible to stop. Guys could just say deal was made before the show - etc.

I do agree it hurts people paying full price to get into a show but some dealers "thrive" on this. One of the perks of being a dealer at a show or bringing a machine for a show is to get in to shop before the general public has a chance to do that.

There will always be "flippers" that hurt any hobby but really the only way to stop that is to do what I normally did when I was setting up at the shows. I would always price my stuff higher on set up day and hold the line on my prices on set up day just to basically stop the flippers from getting great deals from me. Then once the shows opened I would set my prices at my bottom line price I wanted for a machine and wait till the right buyer came along.

This upset some people that were there before the show started but I wanted people paying to get in the door to have an equal chance of scoring a decent deal from me on machines & parts I was selling.

#613 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

What a great show! Loved the woodrail row, bingos, and thank you to whoever brought this unbelievably unique game:
    [quoted image]
    I don’t think I’ve ever seen a game quite like it. I had no idea you were supposed to roll the ball down the glass!

I played a couple of those down in Washington DC years ago when I went to the (now closed) National Pinball Museum. They are truly different and a lot of fun. The big issue I see with something like that today (if you had them in a bar) is you would have a heck of a time keeping balls with them.

There were a ton of great oddball games back in the 1930's to the 1960's that are rarely seen these days. That is one of the great thing about the York Show - a lot of that stuff typically shows up there!

#614 1 year ago

Space invaders pinball is now 1600 !!!

#615 1 year ago

I unfortunately did not get any photos of the rows. There were lots of machines at the show from all era’s. I like 1980’s-current machines so all my photos focus on that time period. I’d guess that including the vendor area that there were approx 180+/- machines.

#616 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

97301F1F-B1BC-4011-918D-5107F9E96954 (resized).jpeg

That was one of the highlights of a fun show. Took me a while to figure out this Singapore as well, then got some assistance from the friendly owner, and went back to contrast it with the game brought by the extremely friendly guys with the other Singapore. Seeing the evolution in technology is part of the fun of pinball.

Well done!

#617 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

[quoted image]

Speaking of this style of game does anyone know the story on these . We're they a work around on gambling being prohibited because the player actually touches the ball so its considered a skill game . The machine really grabbed my attention the only other machine I've seen like that was a williams jolly joker .

#618 1 year ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

This came up a little while ago with a different show. I think if the seller took a price they're happy with, then whatever happens next doesn't matter

On the other hand, if the buyer gives some sob story about a dying uncles last request and haggles the price down.. it's scummy

I personally don't think I'd have the stones to buy a game, move it 20ft and slap a higher price on it within a few hours

#619 1 year ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Terminator 2 $3,500 firm. Plays well, needs to be shopped. Easy light project. Cabinet is on the players side. Pinside archive has T2 in the low mid 4's anymore
    DE Star wars, plays well mostly leds, could use a shop. $5,250. Pinside archive has these way higher.
    Agents 777 $1200 Pinside average is $1700. Make offer
    Led Zeppelin Pro $5950, save $1,000 over MSRP.
    Stranger things pro $9,000 OBO
    Ghostbusters Pro $9000 OBO
    DE Batman is available but I'm probably going to take that one home.
    Ghostbusters and stranger things are going to get the hook early today as I'm probably not staying much past 3:00
    Both pictures in the picture are gone, only two sets of legs left. Only two color DMD'S displays left for $500 each (Stern harness). Last action hero translight, couple of side blade protectors and two Shaker motors left. Bunch used Twilight zone clock boards for repair. Make offer. Box of used CDs and DVDs for $1 each. One sheet of wide body regular glass $60.[quoted image]

Butch what are you asking for the DE Batman
    I didn’t see a sale price listed on the card. Fun game that I hadn’t played in years.

#620 1 year ago

Post some pictures of the show!!

#621 1 year ago

Spotted at the show.

C459FC92-BCAB-4B78-BEF1-8C4D6CFD091A (resized).jpegC459FC92-BCAB-4B78-BEF1-8C4D6CFD091A (resized).jpeg
    #622 1 year ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Is this the world’s fastest flip? Perhaps York should encourage all floor sales to conclude at the end of the show.

Sad news for you Nick... this is as old as bringing a beater just to get in on move-in day so you can see the deals first.

Welcome to reality.

#623 1 year ago

Thanks to Rich and everyone else who made my favorite show happen again! I brought my restored Snow Derby this morning, and it sold within about two hours. This is the show that I knew would appreciate that pin.

And it was good to see and meet some folks!

#624 1 year ago

Dang, if I could have gone this year, Space Invaders would have come home with me possibly. Bought one from JR years ago and miss it (and the other 2 I've had along the way ...). Will be in York in 2 weeks, 2 weeks too late. Sounds like it was a good show again!

#625 1 year ago

We want to thank Rich and his team for putting on a fantastic show. There is no doubt it's recovered from covid, and if you ask me, better than ever. There was a great variety of games, flea market and vendors.

It was our first time going on a Friday and was surprised how busy it was!

We were having such a fun time, then Paul noticed how good the prices were on the show special games at Cointaker. We played Godzilla first here last year and was instantly enamored. If you told me when we walked in Friday morning we would be taking one home Saturday, I would have laughed at you (unless you wanted to give one to us! )

So proud of our local show- Keep up the good work!!
    Chrissi (and Paul)
    IMG_20221007_164044958 (resized).jpgIMG_20221007_164044958 (resized).jpg

#626 1 year ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

For sale Thursday…
    [quoted image]
    ….then for sale again later Thursday…?
    [quoted image]

So it sold for $800, was moved down the line and was marked up to what price?

#627 1 year ago
    Quoted from daly124:

1800 for Space Invaders !
    [quoted image]

I wish I saw the price drop before I left, I like the game and the art was nice on this one, Big Guns looked nice to me too.

#628 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

This came up a little while ago with a different show. I think if the seller took a price they're happy with, then whatever happens next doesn't matter
    On the other hand, if the buyer gives some sob story about a dying uncles last request and haggles the price down.. it's scummy
    I personally don't think I'd have the stones to buy a game, move it 20ft and slap a higher price on it within a few hours

Quoted from ultimategameroom:

So it sold for $800, was moved down the line and was marked up to what price?

It didn't even move three inches. Card was simply swapped in place. Price wasn't listed... no idea how much/if sold? Not cool. No different from scalping tickets.

Can't imagine this happening at a Mecum car auction: "...aaaaand next under the hammer we've got... hmmm. Deja vu? Looks like bidder #124 just took a lap around the arena and is pulling it back into the queue. How about that."

Free country, market, yada yada whatever but sharky behavior like this is a negative for the show.

#629 1 year ago

Went Friday and it was surprisingly busy. Had a blast walking around and playing some games. Thank god the phantom fart spray/shitter from Allentown didn't show up at this show.

I do want to thank:

The organizers for a great show.
    The vendors for bringing games and some pretty hard to find stuff.
    All the people who brought games for us to play, they were all a blast and some of those old EM's were amazingly restored.

Thanks to all!

#630 1 year ago

I really enjoyed this years show. There seemed to be a little something for everybody. Most games were in good playing condition and a few were spectacular. The Bally games in particular made me want to add one to the lineup. They have something about them that’s just different.

This was my first time bringing a game for the free play area. I’ll admit that I had that “what the heck am I doing” feeling Wednesday night when I was lugging my game up the basement stairs. But seeing other people enjoy the game and getting a couple compliments from people I respect made it worth it. I had gone through the game last year so this felt like a true test. My play meter registered 112 games (Thursday-Friday). Couldn’t believe how warm the game was inside! Definitely not the same as the usual hour or two it’s on at my house.

As always, it’s great to run into a few familiar folks and put some new faces to names. That’s been the coolest part of attending shows the last few years.

Already can’t wait until next year. Thank goodness we have Allentown to hold us over.

8953704C-47DE-4EF3-9897-EF529613950B (resized).jpeg8953704C-47DE-4EF3-9897-EF529613950B (resized).jpegA8E48F83-F6AC-4255-984F-BCE6CD3B4ADC (resized).jpegA8E48F83-F6AC-4255-984F-BCE6CD3B4ADC (resized).jpegF7272716-DBD2-4E2E-9713-D06BA1C46515 (resized).jpegF7272716-DBD2-4E2E-9713-D06BA1C46515 (resized).jpeg
    #631 1 year ago
    Quoted from fatality83:

Is the doodle bug still for sale?

Sorry just seeing this but it sold

ETA: I don't need two doodle bugs and happy to have space back.

#632 1 year ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

It didn't even move three inches. Card was simply swapped in place. Price wasn't listed... no idea how much/if sold? Not cool. No different from scalping tickets.
    Can't imagine this happening at a Mecum car auction: "...aaaaand next under the hammer we've got... hmmm. Deja vu? Looks like bidder #124 just took a lap around the arena and is pulling it back into the queue. How about that."
    Free country, market, yada yada whatever but sharky behavior like this is a negative for the show.

Doesn’t the seller assume all the risk in this? If they buy it and can’t find another buyer willing to pay more they’re taking it home. Seems like a lot of work to make a couple hundred bucks. Alternatively, maybe they’re willing to resell it for a very high price if someone’s willing to pay it. We see this all the time at shows; a for sale card with no price or a ridiculous price that is obviously the “I don’t want to sell it” price. Since there are no prices listed in this example maybe it’s not a good idea to assume intent.

#633 1 year ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I played Rich's Seawitch, great game, thanks for bringing it!

#634 1 year ago

You're welcome. It was surprising reliable. (only issue was the one drop target bank kept needing adjustment to stop trapping balls) Full disclosure I didn't get a chance to shop it or go over it before this year show. Last time it was together and running was at last year's York show.

Quoted from Lovef2k:

I played Rich's Seawitch, great game, thanks for bringing it!

#635 1 year ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Here's reality...

Guy 2 buys the game early in the show from Guy 1. Guy 2 isn't going anywhere... so he leaves game on the show floor and lists it for sale. If someone is going to offer to pay him more than he bought it for, he'll likely sell it.

Why is this even possible? Maybe Guy 1 sold it too cheap? Maybe Guy 2 just wanted a free admission. Maybe Guy 2 is just fishing and is happy if the game doesn't even sell. You gonna abscond a guy for NOT putting the game in the truck and taking it off the floor?

The beauty of pinball sales is... no one has to buy. If you don't like the deal, don't sweat it and keep walking.

A huge number of games are bought and put into freeplay... some even keep a green tag on them just to entertain offers. Some are done just to be cool and enrich the show.

I think you have just been naive about many of the games you've seen on the show floor for years.

#636 1 year ago

Hey at least it was actually sold at the show instead of in the weeks leading up to it!

#637 1 year ago

Made it there on Friday. Holy crap...a York show with no rain. What will they think of next.
    Seriously, another great show. I always enjoy playing games I haven't had a chance to play before, along with giving old favorites another go.
    And there is always the thrill of the hunt looking for parts. Seems like I'm ALWAYS needing something.
    Thanks again to all the guys who bring their games for us to play.

#638 1 year ago

My favorites were Mike’s Flash Gordon and Fathom and I probably had the most fun with that Rock Lives home brew in the Cirques Voltaire cabinet! Haha. I could have played that thing all day.

#639 1 year ago

Sounds like everyone had a great time and Rich put on a great show as usual. What was very unusual about this show is 3 days without rain! When is the last time that happened at York?

As far as games being bought & resold at the same show. At Allentown I have seen the some machine change hands twice before the show even open on several occasions and I know even Ivan grabs machines as they are being set up and marks price up leaving the games at the show for people to enjoy. Sadly that is all part of these shows and it happens all the time.

Buying & flipping machines at a show takes some of the fun out of a show for people looking to score a great deal later in the show but it is still better than machines being sold in the parking lot and not even making it into the show for people to enjoy.

Bottom line is it makes no sense to worry about what you can't control! And if you want to be one of the guys scoring the great deals the only way to do it is to bring a machine to the show or take a vendor space and get there early when the best deals are happening.

Anyway - thankfully there was FINALLY a York Show without any rain!

#640 1 year ago

I thought it was a great show, I know a lot went into it. I always seem to find a machine or 2 I don't remember playing. A big thanks to all that brought their games out for play, and all of the vender's. I grab some bally boards for a project.

#641 1 year ago
    Quoted from dhutton:

a York show with no rain

Quoted from too-many-pins:

FINALLY a York Show without any rain!

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while …

#642 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gotemwill:

Thank goodness we have Allentown to hold us over.

Could someone do me a favor and move Allentown closer to Michigan?

#643 1 year ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

Full disclosure I didn't get a chance to shop it or go over it before

Rich, you might want to check these out.

833EA7C4-5160-4444-A17D-029EFBE8665A (resized).jpeg833EA7C4-5160-4444-A17D-029EFBE8665A (resized).jpeg
    #644 1 year ago

LOL, my son would just lose the keys to them too

Quoted from Colsond3:

Rich, you might want to check these out.
    [quoted image]

#645 1 year ago

My personal goal, to cover all show expenses, by selling various merchandise at the booth - T-Shirts, framed Albums, game parts, books, toys, gameroom decor, etc, was reached with a few hundred $$ profit.

16' truck rental (fully loaded), gas, vendor spots, time and effort loading and unloading is not cheap. Nor are the 14 hour days back and forth, plus 8 hours on setup day.

Bonus was selling Lethal Weapon 3, which I did not want to bring home just to to list for sale. Extra bonus was selling Led Zeppelin Pro after listing it for my "pry it off my hands price". Led Zep was the hit at our booth for sure. Non-stop plays and I had the custom sound system cranked up to enjoy while playing. Don't wanna hear another Zep song for long time. Same goes for Rush, which I brought for free play in our booths.

Great show, looking forward to next year. Shame there's some people who have to complain publicly about what a buyer does with their game at the show. The game stayed on the floor to play. Do you really think any ticket paying attendee cares about the info on the for sale cards? No. They just know the game is right there to play and enjoy. Who gives a shit about what anyone else does with their personal property? Some fellas will always find something to bitch about when it has NOTHING to do with them.

#646 1 year ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:Totally forgot I had thrown this in the car without posting. I have a brand new unopened Oculus Quest 2 VR set. Meta, Facebook (or whatever you want to call it these days) recently upped the price of these to $400.
    Somebody gave it to me as a gift, but I don’t use FB and have no desire to use or keep it. Thought I’d try to hook someone up on the cheap if they’re looking for one for the upcoming holidays. I’d let it go for $275, or throw me an offer.
    I’ll be at the show again today.
    [quoted image]

I really should have followed this thread more closely. My kids would have loved this.

#647 1 year ago

Thanks all!
    Show was a blast.
    Had a great time and will bring games again next year and at Allentown but 5 is too many. Spent half the show setting up and tearing down. Will go for 4 next time probably.

Really enjoyed playing the wood rails and other oddball at the show.

The best game there was Godzilla (duh) but I had the most fun and time on sure shot.

I think there were more games and people than last year, but fewer games changed hands.

Picked up a bad cats! It was there all day Friday with one of the junk vendors. Boards are clean and it should play nicely. Had drop target issues they couldn't fix that took about 2 hours to get going.

Had a great time talking with folks.

Sold Fathom, a playfield, and some comics. Scored a new backglass, bad cats. Cheap factory 2nd LEDs. A Whirlwind wall hanger and some new friends.

JP is now pending for a G&R trade for someone at the show. Have a few new temp trade partners on deadpool. May do the same on bad cats next time at Allentown.

Speaking of which I'm hoping weird al le comes in in time to bring to the show.

I'm over capacity now so will have to sell either flash gordon or super mario. I had my I dont want to sell it prices on them until I got bad cats. Of note I got more calls on games with not for sale than those with for sale stickers.

Great time and great show folks.

Also... Colson your pin was epic.

See you all at Allentown!

20221007_120757 (resized).jpg20221007_120757 (resized).jpg20221007_151651 (resized).jpg20221007_151651 (resized).jpg20221007_172310 (resized).jpg20221007_172310 (resized).jpg20221007_184534 (resized).jpg20221007_184534 (resized).jpg20221007_195748 (resized).jpg20221007_195748 (resized).jpg20221008_083959 (resized).jpg20221008_083959 (resized).jpg20221008_084942 (resized).jpg20221008_084942 (resized).jpg20221008_123504 (resized).jpg20221008_123504 (resized).jpg20221008_142108 (resized).jpg20221008_142108 (resized).jpg20221008_151700 (resized).jpg20221008_151700 (resized).jpg
    #648 1 year ago
    Quoted from daly124:

Space invaders pinball is now 1600 !!!

Sean, the games you brought were a real treat to play...especially Blackout! That is by far the nicest Blackout I have ever seen.

#649 1 year ago

Another great show! Thank you to Rich and the crew for another exceptionally well-run event.

Giant thank you to the Pittsburgh crew and Jim H. for bringing the Carnival Queen, Caravan, and Big Wheel!

Thanks to everyone that brought games, or took the time to play the games I brought, learn how to play a bingo or horserace game, or try the P3 games I made.

It was great to see existing friends and to make new ones. Can't wait to do it all again next year.

PXL_20221008_122844421 (resized).jpgPXL_20221008_122844421 (resized).jpg

#650 1 year ago

Who ever brought road show,thank you, never played one, me and my wife both loved it, might be our next game if we can't grab a catus canyon

There are 725 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2022-white-rose-gameroom-show-10-7-10-8-buy-sell-amp-trade-thread/page/13?hl=bubbak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.