17%
  • Rush 128 votes
    48%

(264 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

40729D16-E8A0-4189-BA92-2EBD736C608C.gif
5B2BB934-EFC1-434D-9182-3D7543A17391 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider solarvalue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#76 1 year ago

Drained for the P3 should be added to the list.

Quoted from Aurich:

I'll probably never play one, I don't think I know a soul who owns a P3 and I find the entire LCD screen concept somewhat baffling all these years later, I've never once actually enjoyed playing on it.

Ayce Gogi in West Hills has a Weird Al. Might be time to give the P3 another chance, there's a lot of creative people working on games for it.

#83 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I just fundamentally don't believe in the concept of the P3. I've played it multiple times, multiple games, and nothing has ever changed my mind.

Fair enough, it's not for everybody. I really like the P3. I have had great fun with the games I have played, there is a great community of people around it and I love that it allows anyone to create games for it.

Quoted from Aurich:

The graphics are what they are, some are okay, a lot are ...look they're mostly not great, let's not pretend otherwise.

I guess if blockbuster 3D video game style graphics are your thing then you are going to be disappointed but I love some of the artwork and graphics that people are starting to create for the P3. Nick's latest game shows the kind of quirky and niche artwork styles that games for the P3 can support because they don't have to appeal to everybody. For me, having a playfield LCD means you have a larger canvas on which to create graphics.

Quoted from Aurich:

The real issue is I just don't want to be flipping over an LCD. I don't like it. It's not why I play pinball. I have a garage full of arcade games, I own gaming PCs and consoles, I can play video games whenever I like. When I play pinball I'm there for the kinetic, analog, physical experience.

Again, I'm actually the opposite, I find non-P3 pinball boring now because I find that I don't become immersed in the game as much as I do when playing the P3 and the options for exploring the narrative of the game are so much more limited without the interactive playfield display. This is probably what I find most exciting about the potential of the P3, it is so much easier to communicate a story that a player can become involved in (and also to tell the player how to progress through that story). This means that types of pinball games which can be created for the P3 are much more diverse and the goals of a game can become about so much more than just scoring points.

Anyways, that's just how I feel about it, I certainly don't expect everyone love the platform like I do. In fact, I have sold all my non-P3 games. If you have tried it and don't like it that's fine, I just think it's a shame when people (not you) dismiss it outright without first getting to know the system a bit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medford, NJ
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Contact
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 26.50
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider solarvalue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2022-game-of-the-year-so-far?tu=solarvalue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.