(Topic ID: 292434)

2021 What is Stern's top ten pinball machines as of 2021?

By tampa12

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Stern's top ten pinball”

• Black knight premium 1 vote
    1%
  • Avengers infinity premium 16 votes
    9%
  • Jurassic premium 33 votes
    19%
  • Walking dead premium 14 votes
    8%
  • Metallica premium 9 votes
    5%
  • Iron maiden premium 24 votes
    14%
  • Ac/dc premium 4 votes
    2%
  • Lord of the rings premium 17 votes
    10%
  • Tron premium 5 votes
    3%
  • Ironman premium 4 votes
    2%
  • Star trek premium 8 votes
    5%
  • Elvira premium 19 votes
    11%
    1%
  • Spiderman premium 2 votes
    1%
  • Led Zeppelin premium 15 votes
    9%
  • Guardians of the Galaxy premium 1 vote
    1%

(173 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3ACA717B-25E8-489C-BDAB-F6F52B868AEE (resized).jpeg
204A211E-CD9F-4F54-B459-57650A22C019 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20210427-092056_YouTube (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210427-092124_YouTube (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Im thinking about getting avengers infinity premium but I also like black knight premium too. Can't afford both so which is more fun long term? I like marvel, ramps and fast flow of Avengers infinity. Black knight is awesome because it has good flow too, upper playfield and battling black knight toy looks fun. I played both and they are both great. Any pin owners input greatly appreciated. Any other stern I should be aware of? we ended up with avengers infinity premium . upgraded the flipper coils and added center post genie. we love it.

Screenshot_20210427-092056_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210427-092056_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210427-092124_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210427-092124_YouTube (resized).jpg

#2 2 years ago

Nope those are the only two good ones, stay with your gut instincts and don’t ask for advice from random strangers that have different preferences and dislikes than you to form your own opinion.

#3 2 years ago

If you like the band Iron Maiden #1

#4 2 years ago

How is LZ not on that list?

#5 2 years ago

If you like Avengers, you will likely like other games by the same designer, Keith Elwin. Iron Maiden and Jurassic Park are also his with a rumoured Godzilla coming out later in the year.

If you like Black Knight you will likely like other games by the same designer, Steve Ritchie. Star Trek, Spiderman, and Led Zepplin are also his.

As you already have a Steve Ritchie game in your collection (High Speed 2) I'd lean towards the Avengers.

Remember that pins are in demand now, and you would likely be able to trade one for the other in a year after you've had your fun with it... +/- $500.

Good luck!

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

How is LZ not on that list?

It is now

#7 2 years ago

Walking dead of course. Then Jurassic Park.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from tampa12:

Im thinking about getting avengers infinity premium but I also like black knight premium too. Can't afford both so which is more fun long term? I like marvel, ramps and fast flow of Avengers infinity. Black knight is awesome because it has good flow too, upper playfield and battling black knight toy looks fun. I played both and they are both great. Any pin owners input greatly appreciated. Any other stern I should be aware of?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Absolutely love my Black Knight Premium w/topper.. May be my Favorite in my current lineup... And I have Elvira HOH, GB Premium, TMNT Premium, and Black Knight Premium

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from tampa12:

Im thinking about getting avengers infinity premium but I also like black knight premium too. Can't afford both so which is more fun long term?....

AIQ very easy against BK.
BK is fun but very very shallow, and I'd probably rather have the pro.

From your list I'm going Tron Premium

#10 2 years ago

Stern JURASSIC PARK PRO , PREM or LE
BEST GAME EVER!!!

#11 2 years ago

List is missing too many great games.

My Top 10 in no particular order:

1. Family Guy
2. Tron
3. Iron Man
4. Simpsons Pinball Party
5. Metallica
6. AC/DC
7. LOTR
8. Spider-Man
9. Jurassic Park
10....having a hard time picking 10...eh, I'll go with Deadpool lol

#12 2 years ago

Out of your list in the poll, my top three are JP, Maiden, and LotR in some order.

#13 2 years ago

no deadpool?

#14 2 years ago

deadpool?

Batman 66?

#16 2 years ago

BM66 is the best Stern right now for me but only after they did the improvements around Catwomen release time. Theme intergration, deep code, great ramp flow, actual interactive toys, and just all around great looking game.

To answer the OP question i had AIQ premium and have a BKSOR premium for a few more days, if i had to pick out of the two which to have id pick AIQ but barely. AIQ has better layout but BKSOR is more fun to me.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

BM66 is the best Stern right for me now but only after they did the improvements around Catwomen release time. Theme intergration, deep code, great ramp flow, and just all around great looking game.

Did the little TV on the turntable ever get coded? When I played the game, that didn’t really do anything as far as I could tell.

#18 2 years ago

Weird list of choices, why not include all Sterns?

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Did the little TV on the turntable ever get coded? When I played the game, that didn’t really do anything as far as I could tell.

Its used for Joker mode so far that I know of. I just started getting deeper into the game so honestly Im not sure how much more its used yet.

How long ago did you play one? I played the original runs of them and couldnt stand the clunk and the way the wireforms felt cheap but they fixed all those issues and i consider the Catwomen model like a vault model with all the improvements that make the game play so much better.

#20 2 years ago

Maybe look at the Top 100 which will list all games and includes hundreds of reviews? Note it is not a perfect system, but it might give you a better idea of a) all the different games out there, and b) which ones are more highly regarded.

#21 2 years ago

TWD is right at the top for me, so is EHoH. BKSoR is a sleeper. It’s better than people give it credit for, at least in my humble opinion.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

How long ago did you play one?

Probably 2017? It was after it got a few updates and started to feel like an actual game....but definitely before whatever the current code is.

#23 2 years ago

If you are going for a consensus, here is the trimmed mean from the Top-100.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

My personal top-10 would be...

1) Metallica
2) Lord of the Rings
3) Jurassic Park
4) Deadpool
5) Iron Maiden
6) Spider-Man
7) The Walking Dead
8) Star Trek
9) Turtles
10) Simpsons

I'm pretty confident in my top-5. After that I just haven't played some enough to really give them a fair ranking. I've also never played a Tron or Elvira.

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Probably 2017? It was after it got a few updates and started to feel like an actual game....but definitely before whatever the current code is.

Then you played the older ramp/cabinet version that i originally played and was like what the heck this feels like crap i never want to own one, lol! Then I read up on the Catwomen and how some guys here had the OG BM66 and sold it to buy newer updated version because of how much better they play. Did the game even have the 3 seasons of minor villian modes when you played it last, it didnt when i played it around the same time you played it?

My top 10
1. BM66 but only manufacture date of 2019 or newer
2. GOT Pro
3. GB Pro
4. SW Premium
5. LOTR
6. TMNT Pro
7. AIQ Premium
8. BKSOR Premium
9. IMDN any model
10. TWD Pro

I havent played a LZ or Elvira yet.

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I havent played a LZ or Elvira yet.

Elvira is really really good.

#26 2 years ago

204A211E-CD9F-4F54-B459-57650A22C019 (resized).jpeg204A211E-CD9F-4F54-B459-57650A22C019 (resized).jpeg

3ACA717B-25E8-489C-BDAB-F6F52B868AEE (resized).jpeg3ACA717B-25E8-489C-BDAB-F6F52B868AEE (resized).jpeg

#27 2 years ago

your nuts. I say this due to Met Pro Over Met Premium, , End of line

Quoted from lpeters82:

If you are going for a consensus, here is the trimmed mean from the Top-100.
[quoted image]
My personal top-10 would be...
1) Metallica
2) Lord of the Rings
3) Jurassic Park
4) Deadpool
5) Iron Maiden
6) Spider-Man
7) The Walking Dead
8) Star Trek
9) Turtles
10) Simpsons
I'm pretty confident in my top-5. After that I just haven't played some enough to really give them a fair ranking. I've also never played a Tron or Elvira.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

your nuts. I say this due to Met Pro Over Met Premium, , End of line

I prefer the Premium. What I posted was were the results of everyone rating the machines, minus the trimmed edged.

#29 2 years ago

I bought two Sterns this year after considering a few Sterns and J.J. Machines I went with Iron Man Vault and TMNT LE. I was really close to going J.J. GNR LE but couldn't pull the trigger. It seems that I have two hard and fast games... not sure that my next machine will be. Music/Band themed wise I am a big Metallica fan and may have one soon. Non-music/band themed I would go Elvira.

My other top candidates were:

Star Trek Pro
Deadpool Prem/LE
Elvira Prem/LE
Metallica Prem
Avengers IQ Prem/LE

#30 2 years ago

What about his nuts?

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What about his nuts?

They salty

#33 2 years ago

Two polls and no Star Wars? Come on man...

#34 2 years ago

Jurassic Park
Iron Man
Walking Dead
Tron

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Two polls and no Star Wars? Come on man...

I agree, Star Wars premium/LE should be on this list.

#36 2 years ago

Black Knight has great music and the interaction with the black knight works really well, but it feels to me like they just forgot to design the upper playfield.

For me Jurassic is the best. Not sure what I would place second. Some I haven't played so my opinion is a little skewed.

#37 2 years ago

Tron Premium?

or is it, you pay a premium for a routed tron in today's market. i remember them new in box for $3700 delivered.

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

If you like the band Iron Maiden #1

Love the game fun and fast,,little repetitive up the middle and still wished for more in the game or a toy that missing. Basically I wished the game had Metallica like features but still played like Maiden pin.

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

Black Knight has great music and the interaction with the black knight works really well, but it feels to me like they just forgot to design the upper playfield.
For me Jurassic is the best. Not sure what I would place second. Some I haven't played so my opinion is a little skewed.

Also the center shot on Black Knight drop target should have gone down like in Star Trek, you hit the dark Knight but bounces right back, just feels like they cut it out and should be in game, still great music by Scott Ian and Ritchie call outs.

#40 2 years ago

Well, you know....it is still 2021, so it is too early to be asking. Potential of 5+ more games being revealed before 2022 starts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2021-what-is-stern-s-top-ten-pinball-machines-as-of-2021?hl=shadrac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.