• Latest reply 1 year ago by mcluvin
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20220102-181324-631 (resized).png
duckprescott (resized).PNG
gd (resized).PNG
Screenshot 2021-12-14 at 01-08-52 pinside Fantasy Football Yahoo Sports (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
70pts (resized).PNG
d23 (resized).PNG
trade 3 (resized).PNG
6EF43AD2-81EC-4766-AA76-84F0F6303AE1 (resized).jpeg
te (resized).PNG
Screenshot_20210930-213307-299 (resized).png
Screenshot_20210912-144358 (resized).png
zeke (resized).PNG
butthurt (resized).PNG
70FEEAA5-06FB-4A9A-8578-805C45716259 (resized).png
pinsideffl (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbill.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Its fantasy football time again. I sent all last years managers a funds request. Currently the pinside league is full, but you never know when someone has to drop out. I have someone waiting in the KLOV league who also wants to play on pinside.

New this year were adding a weekly high score winner($12). Also adding a high score winner after week 15($60).

pinside is a $100 league on yahoo with another $20 going to fund the weekly winner element. Draft is live 9/6 at 6:30 pst

On klov, its a $50 league with a $15 weekly winner on nfl.com. Draft is live 9/6 at 6:30 pst. Currently that league is full, but since the funds request just went out, thats when people decide if they want to play or not. If you want to play in either league feel free to PM me. I will let you know if there is any openings.

If there is a ton of interest to play, I can always setup another league. There are some pinsiders who want to do bigger prize league. So if there are some high rollers, maybe we can make one league for you guys!

#5 2 years ago

Are you guys already in the pinside or klov leagues (I know guido is)

I have no problem creating another league just let me know what you want, how many teams (10 or 12) and for how much. and what software (espn, yahoo, nfl). Also best draft day. I am commish in 3 leagues . all draft 6:30 pst friday, saturday and sunday. the friday league I do it for some college guys so I could move them to earlier as they are back east.

current settings are full point ppr:

1 Quarterback (QB)
3 Wide Receiver (WR)
2 Running Back (RB)
1 Tight End (TE)
1 Wide Receiver/Running Back/Tight End (W/R/T)
1 Kicker (K)
1 Defense
7 bench
1 ir slot

6 team playoffs (top 2 get bye into semi finals.) If you want to do 2 week playoffs(top 4 play for the money rest in consolation) both nfl and espn support that. I like 2 weeks playoffs as if one of yours players has a bad game/gets hurt you still have a chance. nothing worse than having a great team and your top rb, wr, or qb goes down early.

#7 2 years ago

I created a new league for pinside, called pinside flippers. I set draft for monday 9/6 at 6:30 pst. Its currently the same settings as the other pinside league. I have it set for 10 players. But if there is enough interest, I will make a 12 team league. If it goes to 12, then playoffs will be switched to 6 teams with top 2 teams getting a bye.

I was thinking making it a $240 League. Since I am doing it with all the other leagues, doing a weekly winner with $40 for that part. Top scoring team for the week will win $20($24 if its 12 teams) and the highest scoring team for season week 15 will get $100 ($120 if 12 teams).

prizes will be if 12 team
1st: $1550
2nd $500
3rd $250
4th $100

if 10 team, then
prizes will be
1st: $1250
2nd $425
3rd $225
4th $100

If you think $240 is too much, we can adjust for less.Whatever you want to do. The other pinside league is $120 12 team. currently there are 3 teams who have no funded their team in regular pinside league. I am sure they will all return, but you never know.

So if you want to play in the new league, Feel free to join. vote on any changes you want to do. Any changes will be considered. I guess if only 8 people end up joining, we can do an 8 team league, but Max will be 12.

the league join link is

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/1060450/invitation?key=2d8d8f00ce233fca&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=51d2717741b4ec5b

Added over 3 years ago:

this is going to be a $100 +$20 league not as suggested above.

#8 2 years ago

3 of 10 have signed up for pinside ballers. If any of you know of people who want to play, pass the link along. If people want to play and think its too much, I have not requested for funds. So say want works and we can adjust down if needed. klov is a $65 league, pinside is $120. this one I suggested $240 as many of the pinsiders want to do more money.

#9 2 years ago

someone had to drop out, so there is an opening on the nfl.com league that I setup for klov. If you want to play there, its a $50 league with $15 for the weekly winner so a total of $65.

the join link is

Join Here: http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/privateleaguejoin?leagueId=1886567
League ID: 1886567
League Password: arcade

#15 2 years ago

I am sure people in the other league might go for more, but since its funded, I would not want to pressure them for more. At some point it changes from fun to work as buy in goes up.

If people want to join and play for less, feel free to join and add your voice to it. We could do 8 teams, 10 would be great, but I think the real sweet spot is 12. Anything more than 12 and then your hoping for 3rd down backs and 4th wr's to score..

here is the join link

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/1060450/invitation?key=2d8d8f00ce233fca&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=51d2717741b4ec5b

#17 2 years ago

I would consider it. Cmc did come back to play the last 2 games. The bigger question mark is my pick sequan Barkley. How far will he fall before someone takes him?

This year a bunch of wr’s are starting out iffy..

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from outlanewiz:

Beginner here doing my first draft next week! Any tips, guides, or resources would be amazing.

know your league scoring and get used to the draft engine with mock drafts. use your que in case you get logged out. Just keep in mind that top of que will be picked if you dont select.

dont waste high pics on defense and kickers. but if you wait until the last 2 picks, you might have little choice. Pay attention to who is actually there at the draft. If its a bunch of autopicks, they are are pretty much going to take the top guy in the que.

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from pindevil:

I just joined the pinside ballers league. Looks like there are some slots still open. I'm cool with dropping the buy in if that will attract a few more people. Or run with a smaller league....

Yes, I agree. I know a few want to play for more, but thats hard to do when people are thinking of starting. so Officially, the pinside ballers league will be. $100 + $20 for the weekly winner portion. So a total of $120. Maybe next year we can find players to fund the 2nd league for people who want to play for more.

Currently, we are at 6. Hopefully we can get to 10, ideally I will add 2 slots to 12. But worse case, we can reduce to 8.

based on 12, here is what the prizes would be for 1-4:
1st: $775
2nd $250
3rd $125
4th $50

$20, we can have a weekly high score winner for 15 weeks(if all play, its $12 weekly). Then the highest scoring team at end of week 15 will get the $5 bonus( $60 for high score end week 15 if all play).

To keep things friendly, I like 4th place getting 1/2 back. I think we can do 4th with 10, But If we do 8 teams, probably drop 4th place. Obviously the prizes will be different with 10 or 8 teams.

The join link is below of pinside ballers. Copy and paste it to friends who want to join. As soon as the league fills and is funded, I will randomize the draft. I got 9th in the original pinside league. I got 7th in the klov league.

#34 2 years ago

were currently at 7 teams in the 2nd pinside league pinside ballers. we could play with 1 more, But I would hope we can get to 10 or 12. If you want to play, the info to join and the buy in/prize info is in the message above!

the draft is live on Mon Sep 6 6:30pm PDT.

#38 2 years ago

thanks for the kind words! Its not that much work, I just I get confused when people send me funds and forget to give me a team and league name! sometimes fantasy football emails and paypal emails are different. What really kills my time is trying to figure out who to draft. But once you prepare for one, how much more work is draft 5 teams.

were at 8 players now. I think we can go forward with that. Hopefully we can get a few more. If for some reason we dont, we can always play with added players. Maybe add another W/r/t. or do a W/r/t/q option if we stay at 8.

I will email all directly. From the league. If you dont get an email, post here.

I also started a new thead in the message board within the league.

#39 2 years ago

One last call for players.. Were still at 8 teams. Draft is less than a week away. if you want to play feel free to join

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Bill, not to be morbid, but if something were to happen to you, what happens with the leagues/money? Is there a co-commish?

I would hope the league would go on, and at end of season my brother could take care of payouts. I know these leagues now offer automated collections and payments. They take a small cut out of it. Maybe next year we can do that route. Anyone use those collections in their fantasy leagues? As for adding a 2nd commish, I would be open to that. Any volunteers?

So far funds in for 3 of 9. We added a 9th, so that’s great, be we need an even number of teams. So hopefully we can find another to play! Worse case, I can ask/force a friend of mine to play.

As I said in my email, I added a bench spot and a 2nd w/r/t. If we do get to 12 (I can add 2 more teams if needed), I will delete the added bench and w/r/t to match the other pinside league.

#44 2 years ago

Funds in for 6 of 9 teams. Draft is Monday 6:30 pst

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

If you want some help, I'll do it. I don't know anything about being a commish, but tell me what to do, and I'll do it.

Comish is nothing to do. After setup, it should be automatic. All scoring, trading, corrections are done automatically. Last year it was a it more work, as I was offering to swap COVID players. Now, if a person has COVID in your starting lineup, I am pretty sure you can pull him out and put him back on the bench.

The only real thing a commish might have to do is fix accidental drops or people dumping their team. I also once had to block a trade when one kid was trying to trade like 3 top players for garbage on another team. After I put them back, he said he was just pranking a friend.

#54 2 years ago

if you want it to 6, thats fine. there is still 1 slot, Feel free to join. If we need to add slots to 12, let me know. If we go past 10, I will remove the extra w/r/t and the extra bench slot.

#58 2 years ago

Ok i will bump to 12, delete the extra w/r/t and delete the extra bench spot. It will be exactly the same as regular pinside. This league will be at 6 for veto. The other i will kick up to 4.

I will email the new guys my paypal email thru the game. If you dont get it, feel free to pm me.
—-

All changes made. Added 2 more teams. You should be able to join.. not sure if link changed, but here it is

———-

I just emailed the league about the changes. Going ask for options on rent a player trades. If we dont get to 12, then I will put rules back to 10. So we need to fill 1 hour before draft.

As soon as funds are in, and if were at 12, I will randomize the draft. If were at 11, I would vote we drop last man in and go with 10. What do you guys think?

#65 2 years ago

I am 100% against it too. Its usually around bye week or when its last week where you desperate for a win. Usually there is compensation involved. SO kamara for taylor and when returned you get judy back as payment.

Its not something that could be known until after the fact. I would vote if its detected, I as commish, could go back in and take away the points. Its one thing to throw a week and bench your whole team so a friend can beat you, its another thing to collude to put points another team.

If detected, I would say we vote, and if found guilty, the persons score 0 at that position.

one of the things I disliked about the mfl league is you could drop a player and it was instantly available. So you could drop and 10 seconds later your buddy could add him. Going back to waiver is the right thing.

#67 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

cant wait for Monday this will be another fun season.

yup 1st game is thursday. I dont think there will be any postponed games this time.

I am not 100% sure on last minute covid players. I cant find anything on it. If there is one in you starting lineup, I think you can pull them out even after the game is played. Did anyone try last year? I guess we shall see.

I was thinking, if someone gets caught with a covid player in their lineup and you cant pull him out. (say diggs is covid and you do not notice until 11am PSt after the 10am PST kickoff). We can make a rule, you can declare it and say put in player xxx off my bench. But you need to declare it in the league notes covid section and the player you want subbed in can not have already played.

what do you guys think? Fair? or tough luck?

#70 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

That just seems too complicated. I vote tough luck. That is the reality of it...

I would agree, I am normally logged in when kickoffs start, so its not a issue for me. Its more the casual player, someone who might be on vacation, or have no internet access.

Its just more work for the commish. I am fine either way.

also funds need to be in before the draft. If your not in, you can play, but cant win. Also if we are stuck at 11, and 1 person does not have funds in, the person getting kicked will be the unfunded team. We are at 8 funded teams at this moment. Funds not in yet for:

KockeyHockey's Best Team
Tracy's Terrific Team

plus the 2 open slots

#71 2 years ago

9 of 10 teams funded in pinside ballers. 2 slots still open.

To encourage people sitting on the fence to join, 1st person to fund their team will be considered the 10th team! Thats important in that if we dont get to 12, the 11th team will be dropped and the league will be set to 10 for the draft.

Also, if funds are not in by draft time, you can play, but you cant win. last year computer drafted a really good team in one of the leagues. People were contacting me they wanted in. we agreed they could play the team, but they could not buy in to win.

#75 2 years ago

people hardly respond. Sometimes its spam blocker, sometimes they are using a seldom viewed email. then you get people asking questions that can easily be answered by looking at league rules..

I rather loose to people who try than beat people who dont. You get all kinds. I hope the weekly winner part might keep people interested to the end. Anyone can win a week.

#82 2 years ago

No one else joined, and 10th team is funded. So I am going to lock the league at 10. Put back the 2nd w/r/t an an extra bench spot.

Stet playoffs back to 4 teams. With 4 teams, we get to go to week 15, the next 2 are playoffs, and we don’t play week 18.

I will randomize the draft in a bit. Good luck to all.

#87 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I've never drafted from my phone, but you can jump in the draft 30 minutes prior to start. They usually make it very obvious.

Thats the correct league. I have never drafted on my phone either. Might be hard to see who is being taken. Yahoo engine is pretty good, I am sure it makes sense on the phone. I normally draft on my pc, I have drafted on my ipad pro, and it was similar to the pc.

Do a mock draft and you will know. If its 6:05 and you cant get in, you might be missing something.

Also, on a phone, expect to get disconnected. If you do, make sure the top guys in your draft que are who you want. Computer will take your top que or top person available(Or next available needed. If you already picked a qb or te, its not going to take a 2nd if you still need wr/rb).

#89 2 years ago

the league prizes will be for pinside ballers:

1st: $600
2nd: $225
3rd: $125
4th: $50

weekly winner will be $10 a week for 1-15. highest scoring team at end of week 15 will get $50. weekly winner has to end at 15, as eliminated teams get locked out. So that fair to all.

Also I set block trade back to 4(default is 3). at 4, that means 60% need to object in a 10 team league. If it was 6, thats 80%. In a 12 team league, 6 is 66%.

4 team playoff. playoffs start week 16.

#91 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

We need a middle ground. If it's too high and enough folks stop participating, a trade will never get approved. If it's too low, assholes will veto everything.

trades dont need to be approved, they can only be blocked. So if 1 or 2 people quit mid season, then if its at 6, you need 7 or all 8 to object.

this can be decided after the draft. 4 or 5. Yahoo default is 3.

#96 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

i think you got the best player in the draft with Henry

Maybe, but with Julio, there might be more passing and less running. Henry does not catch many passes. Plus no back has ever had back to back #1 seasons since I think Tomlinson.

Personally, I would rather have kamara over henry.

#98 2 years ago

Yes, look at standings and you will see we all have 1000 in fab. It was 100 on pinside last year, but I thought that was too little. The amount does not matter too much, just makes your bids higher. If you guys want less fab we can lower it.

Fab goes for add/drops as well as end of week waivers. Fab bids count first. If a tie, then it’s waiver order. After fab, it goes by waiver.

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I put a bid in the first time and it asked for $ amount then I cancelled .Then I put a couple transactions in and it did not ask for $ amount .Not sure what’s going on but I’ll try again in the AM.Just heads up .

You can edit your bid to add or remove funds up until the wavier goes thru. You should see what wavers you have on your team page.

Fab decides order, but if you don’t use fab, then you can order your how you want waivers to go.

#114 2 years ago

I regret to say I am removing 1 owner from 1 of the teams in pinside ballers. He was not happy with the rules and would not let a mistake I made go (technically it was 2 mistakes I made).

So I tried to be fair and put it to a vote. He still was back at it for an unreasonable reques. So rather than be at this for weeks, I locked his team, will refund his money and find a new owner.

I will not make the mistake again. From now on we will be following yahoo rules on trade veto. trade veto for 10 team league is 4. 12 team league is 4. But for this year only, I will let the vote stand for 4 or 5.

#116 2 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

So I spent several hours drafting a damn good team and get locked out because u can’t honor the agreement we all had before I joined? A stupid trade veto threshold that literally only u cared about? That multiple other owners backed me up on? Cool.

9 other people joined at 4 trade veto of 4. I made a mistake and said 6 with the intention to open it up to 12 teams. that was my 2 mistakes. I should have put it to a vote before I made the change, but we were short on time and I wanted to get the league going. I MADE A MISTAKE. I forgot to add the part of 12 teams with 6 veto. which I did later in the day a few posts down. my fault. I will never make that mistake again.

the real question is why you could not let it go? I just dont understand why it was such a big deal. Its not fair to have to force that kind of a decision on the commish when there is practically no chance to veto a trade. I dont want to be the bad guy. if 50% feel its a bad trade, thats majority rule. Thats why I think 4 is fair.

Since 5 was a deal breaker for you,The only way to fix it was force 6 on the other 9, or refund your money. Yes, some people said whatever on 5 or 6, but I think that was mainly to end the crap. I choose to not have this an issue for the next 15 weeks. I am sure I would have heard something else later on about trade deadlines too(yahoo default).

This is supposed to be for fun. I just want to play with people who will try all season. Money involved makes that happen. I know some people like to play with 1 big winner. but by week 10, you know if you have no chance. Then people quit. that why I like 1st - 4th winners. That usually keeps 7-8 teams interested until the playoffs.

This year, someone proposed about a high score winner. I liked the idea about a weekly winner. That could keep people interested until the playoffs. So I happily added it to 3 of the leagues I comish in.

I am really sorry It came to this. Sorry it wasted your time doing the draft. I tried to make it work. You drew a line. I made a decision. I have already gotten emails directly saying I made the right call.

Lets all have fun. football in 2 days!

#118 2 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

OK, I guess I’m out and won’t bother anyone with it again. But ask yourself why Bill so desperately wants the trade veto threshold so low. And then ask yourself why I would care so much that it isn’t.
The answer to both is that Bill uses vetoes as part of a larger strategy (I played with him for 2 years prior). That was the reason I didn’t play this league in 2020, it’s the reason I asked so directly and specifically before joining this year and it remains the reason I wouldn’t let it go.
I’m sure he’s not a bad guy or dishonest but he’s not an altruistic commish by any stretch, so I’d keep an eye on things if I were you. Sorry again for the drama and sorry my ex-team that some dummy is going to walk into is going to steamroll you all this year. Best of luck to everyone not named Bill!

You tell, me how I am not acting altruistic? Most people who run leagues take a cut for doing so. Its common to see commish keeping their entry as payment. Its reflected in the payouts. Do the math and you can see what others try to take. I dont keep a dime. 100% in 100% out. I think thats a pretty fair deal. Its normally not that much work to being a commish. I am doing most of the work playing, so why not run the league. Send out reminders to practice draft and draft times. Answer some questions. Offer possible solutions. I dont see how I could be taking advantage of anyone.

As of last night, I figured it was set for the day. I put out a request for a vote for 4 or 5 to try to appease you. I also put out a vote for a punishment for people trying to do a rent a player(plus explaining the concept to some who did not know). I have said I made a huge mistake by offering 6 trade veto on pinside. That was wrong for me to decide. It should have gone to a vote. I thought I had said for a 12 team league, but I did not in the 1st message. I corrected it on pinside a few hours later. Maybe I should check time stamps to see if you joined before or after I posted the correction on pinside.

I just don't understand why you don't get it. Yahoo fantasy default is 30% of the teams for trade veto. in an 8 team draft thats 3, 10 team draft, that 4, In a 12 team draft thats 4. Thats not commish bill deciding what HE THINKS IS FAIR!! THATS WHAT YAHOO RECOMMENDS!! in all my years, this is the first time I have ever had anyone ask me about how many votes to block a trade. I have always left it at DEFAULT. I don't think I ever clicked on the info tag that explained default. I figured greater minds figured what was fair, why change it?

You tell me, how can my 1 vote influence other people to vote and make that get to 4 to block? THE VOTE IS BLIND. No one knows how you voted! as commish, my vote counts the same as everyone else. I dont get an extra vote. So how does my 1 vote magically make it to a trade veto? Yes, the commish has the power to veto a trade. In 10+ years as a commish, I have never vetoed a trade. If the commish did block a trade, the transaction log will say it.

I have in the past voted no on a few trades. generally, if I feel its a reasonable trade, I dont vote either way. Commish stepping in has to be a last resort option. If commish is acting completely arbitrary, that not fair to the other players. Hence the purpose of the trade veto vote.

The real question why do you want to put it 6? That is a really weird request to change the league rules to such a restrictive number. 6 votes out 8 is 75%. Yahoo recommends 4, thats 50%. Everyone knows as the weeks drag on, people tend to loose interest/quit managing their team. If you ask me, that might be the reason why you wanted such a high number. Maybe your plan was to find someone who was out of it, then offer a bad trade with some cash under the table to try to win?

I dont remember what happened 2 years ago. If it was in yahoo, It was a 12 team league set to default so 4 or more blocked it. I did not do it as commish. So 4 people thought your trade was unreasonable. Who knows, it could have be 10. This obviously traumatized you, do you remember the trade? Post it, maybe others can chime in what they think of the trade you were trying to push thru.

Also, I had a long day today. I had to get to my job and shut off water and do some leak repairs. I got up to quickly check messages. I check the vote thread, and you were back into the rant I promised you 6 to veto. Some people were ok with 6. Some thought 5, I voted 4. As commish, I felt 6 is unreasonable. 9 others had joined up as default 4. I think some just wanted the thread bickering to end. You still would not let it go. You could not be appeased, so I did what a few pm me to do. Kick you out and refund the money.

While I was working, I thought about offering your team to someone I know is not fair to the other players. last year on klov, we had 11 players. Computer drafted a really good team. once people saw it, they wanted to buy in. We voted to not let anyone buy in, but someone could manage the team. One of the players suggested his son run it so he could gain experience. so we played with 11 fighting for funds and the 1 team that could not win(trades were blocked but they could add/drop).

So when I got home, I responded to your email and then emailed the league to vote on your team. I presented them with 3 options.

-----------------------------
1: we play as 9 for the prizes, the 10th team cant win. team not managed. No trades/add/no drops.
2: we play as 9 for the prizes, the 10th team is slightly managed, but 10th team cant trade, only do add /drop.
3: we allow anther owner in and allow them to play for the prizes.
-------------

I voted for option 2. I think its the fair choice. Your team was pretty decent. ranked 4th with a B graded draft.

#128 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Ok I'm all in on Dak. Let the pummeling by the Tampa D begin.

lets see if dak can make it through the game..

#134 2 years ago

dak looks good! your bet looks like it might payoff. tampa D looks weak. I might have chosen my D poorly.

#142 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

But didn't you kinda expect that? That was a reach...

too many toys in tampa.. They did not even use the other 2 TE's. They barely used bernard. strange game, I was thinking blowout tampa with dallas missing their best player on the O line. I think when they do get up on teams, your going to see more running.

I was concerned with dak, I almost passed on lamb in the klov league, but I thought he was too good to pass up and I needed a good #2 WR. I went with brady as my qb. So my weeks is started good there.

Streaming D is usually were I end up too. I try to take a base d and work off that/find someone else if I picked poorly.

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I went with Dak and it paid off, I hope. Great start to the season, what a game!

If he throws that much every week, I would be concerned about the shoulder as the season rolls on..

#150 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

All pass, no rushing, No D; just like last year.

didn't dallas spend the whole draft this year picking defensive players? If they are not better on d this year, they drafted poorly.

#163 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

My team took the deuce this week only 3 players scored more than projected and most not even close.Losing by 4 points with 3 minutes left kept the suspense up.And switched over to the Mannings announced game.But you did pretty good.

I thought the mannings monday night show was excellent! I joined it about 1.5 hour in. Its now set to season pass on the dvr. Watching them talk to kelce and him not even knowing he plays baltimore this coming week was funny.

My teams won in 2 of the 3 money leagues. I was 5th highest scoring in pinside, but I ran into my buddy with the 2nd highest score..

#165 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Ooh MrBill paid up big time this week. Too rich for me…

Gotta bet big to loose big! he will either be a difference maker, or a huge waste of fab.. The sad thing was I was watching the pregame shows when they announced surmon being a healty scratch. I thought about add/droping for him, but then I thought, mostert was the man...

do you guys play in all the free daily fantasy stuff? They are doing like 4 every week for free. My brother was going to win like $3 until larmar fumbled and then carr threw the touchdown in ot.

#170 2 years ago

you should cut the rams..

Seriously, If you have the rams, having a 2nd d is sort of a waste of a bench spot. I would think any opponent, the answer is the rams d.

I guess this might be a gamble, But I drafted the ravens in 1 money league. After watching them against the raiders, I dropped them for cleveland! I love the raiders, but if the ravens could not stop them with jacobs hurt all game, and getting burned by an above average qb, they are going to struggle all year.

#174 2 years ago

especially so far away from bye weeks.

NO looked good, but Rodgers quit at halftime.. They will be a decent d as long as they stick with the ball control plan.

#206 2 years ago

Yahoo is giving free money to play daily fantasy. I used up the points and I won $4. I needed 3 points out of arron jones or hockenson to win it and I had 1/2 of the 4th quarter to do it. But jones quit playing after the 4th td and goff, just kept checking down to swift and fumbling.. So I finished 6th. Still, it was $4 free money.

My buddy beantown boyz has a strong team. I got smoked by him week 1 and I even had a 5th highest score. we were playing cards on friday and he was rubbing it in..

#220 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Hot defense and backup QBs first start. What could go wrong?

that backup qb went to stanford and was projected to be 1st round pick in the draft before he got hurt in college. He was top rated qb out of high school. So there is a chance..

#232 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

RBs break. I always try to be RB heavy on my bench.

I wonder how bad cmc is. They let him walk to Locker room. But it sucks to loose your #1 pick. Killed my buddys ataru team last year when cmc went down.

Mills got a td already and looked good when he had time to throw. Messed up Carolina streamers. I think Houston is going to win this..

1 week later
#253 2 years ago

one advantage to having 7,8,9 pick this year, made it easy to grab kelce 1st round and not waste too much draft capital on him. Kittle has been a disappointment this year and it looks like carr is more open to throwing it around and deep, so waller is not a gold mine this year either..

1 week later
#269 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

This is SO messed up. I have the most points in my league, but I am about to go 1-4 after this week because every one has their best week against me every time! It's ridiculous!
I have BY FAR the most points scored against.
This is incredibly frustrating...

it just goes that way.. I am going to be 2 and 3 in pinside league and I have had the most scored against me in that league. better to have bad luck than have your players going on ir.

2 weeks later
#292 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

MrBill about to take weekly top score from me…..

In 1 league and it probably wont last either. I am sure kamara will go over and hit 27.55 and I will lose that one too.

why did the 49ers stop running the ball! they go all the way down the field and indy cant stop them. Then they decide to start passing in pouring rain and let garapolo lose the game for them.. mitchell had 14 points in the 1st quarter and get 3 more points rest of the game.

In the other pinside league had top score too right up to the last long td play to pittman, so I loose by 1.28.

#293 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

In 1 league and it probably wont last either. I am sure kamara will go over and hit 27.55 and I will lose that one too.
why did the 49ers stop running the ball! they go all the way down the field and indy cant stop them. Then they decide to start passing in pouring rain and let garapolo lose the game for them.. mitchell had 14 points in the 1st quarter and get 3 more points rest of the game.
In the other pinside league had top score too right up to the last loong td play to pittman, so I loose by 1.28.

#296 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

You must be pretty bitter about it. You are up EEEEEARLY

As long as I got the head to head win, I am not too worried about weekly win. Not up early, I stay up late…

1 week later
#308 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

not sure who has Ruggs but sounds like he's about to be canned. Killed someone in a DUI last night...how dumb do you have to be? A millionaire who could call uber/taxi or just have a personal driver....

especially in vegas where services would not be a problem. Its 2 -20 years for dui death in nevada, so his career is over.

#316 2 years ago
Quoted from jalkelly:

Rodgers for me too…wouldn’t have pegged him for an anti vaxxer. Oh well.

and he lied about his vax status. what a douche.

#323 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

He got 9.75 points. Yikes...

actually, it was 8.5. he looked good the 2nd drive and then he smashed his arm on the follow thru on the pass for the td. after that, he looked like he could not grip a football. talk about bad luck. The 3rd stringer did not look bad either. That probably kept him from trying to come back.

2 weeks later
#350 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

How’s things ballers .Does anyone know how to drop a player to open the spot for a IR player ?Ive been trying but can’t figure it out .Thanks .

if you want to get rid of him, click on the little news icon next to his name and then click on the - red and then it will que you again if you want to drop him. you can also use the drop button, but I rather have the extra step of being in the players info to avoid a mistake.

If you wanted to keep him, put the eligible ir player into ir. Then the game will say you have too many players in ir. Then put the other player in ir player to bench and the computer will be happy.

If you happen to have a person no longer qualified for ir, you cant add/drop until you fix it.. I put kyler murray in ir. I thought they did not do updates when a player is in bye week, but someone changed his status from o to q.

one little trick to help if your worried about your players status changing on IR, make you moves before 5am or is it 6am on tuesday pst. thats when first changes happen.

#362 2 years ago

yup, its all parity. extra game is going to be hard on players. when they go to 18 games it will be worse. what they need to do is add a 2nd bye week. they need to use thursday games as a mini bye for teams. teams should play on thursday after the bye.

#372 2 years ago

I have been so focused in trying to get back in it on pinside league I just realized I am leading the weekly winner total points in that league and hopefully I will be within 50 going into the final week in pinside ballers. Getting mitchell on waivers in both leagues really saved my butt. I am now in first in pinside ballers and I think locked in 2nd in pinside if I get 3 points on monday and get the win.

If I did not choke 2 weeks in klov where if I put any guy on my bench other than the one I picked for flex I would have won that week, I might have sneaked in to a shot at the prize, but I will only be playing consolation there this year..

weekly winner runs thru week 14 in 2 pinside leagues and ends week 13 in klov. klov playoffs start next week. good luck to all.

I was a little surprised at how many people actually won a week. 8, maybe 9 different winners in klov, 8 different winners in pinside and 7 different winners in pinside ballers. what did you guys think of it? did it make it more interesting?

#374 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

At this point if I don't make the playoffs in Ballers, I'm at least getting $50+ back from the weekly high points, so I'm all for it. Been a rough year for me. I usually squeak into the playoffs in leagues I participate in. Not this year...

I just remembered ballers is 4 team playoff starting in week 16 so an extra week there. Pinside is 6 teams with top 2 getting a bye starting week 15. So you need to keep winning to stay at 4th. You beat inferno back in week 8. If it’s going on points scored, then you have a good cushion there too. League settings is higher seed wins, so you have both those metrics. So i think you would have to loose both and he would have to win both the next to weeks to pass you.

#377 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I'm only behind by ~70 for total points for. I can make that up in 2 weeks
Don't screw me Dalvin! Wish I had a better idea what Hilliard is going to do this week, but gonna roll with Muth at TE and Kittle at Flex. Take another week off Deebo!
[quoted image]

freiermuth is probably a good play. but they are probably going to double team jefferson. So you will probably win one and loose a bit on the other. I am looking for more work going to osborn.

#380 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Thursday night games don’t usually leave me feeling too good. I’m feeling pretty good right now though. Thanks Dalvin & JJ….

yeah, its amazing how bad pitt is.. Their defense has just quit. I dont know what the hell the corner and DE were thinking when cook busted his 2nd td.. I guess you can play with 2 bad shoulders if no one is going to touch you..

#388 2 years ago

you need to be careful. He might take out michel with close contact.. rb's tend to hang around together.

#396 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Top 3 Ballers were losing until Allen got going. Now Allen in OT. MrBill not going away without a fight.

I might be in trouble next week, hunt got hurt. moore probably done for the season in ballers. I need mitchel to come back ahd hopefully denver firgures out to use williams and forget about gordon.

#400 2 years ago

funny, the top 4 teams in pinside ballers are playing in week 15 and and the 3rd and 4th teams are within 7 points playing overall weekly for top score. then they we will play again in week 16 1st round of playoffs(top 4 clinched playoffs, but not position).

[att=6654842,26732pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png17 caption=""]

pinside league starts playoffs this week. I lucked into a bye week 1 by 53 points! cool that all th 8-6 teams made it.

the final weekly winners for pinside are: (let me know if I made a mistake).

1: jeffs team
2: beantown boys
3: raiders
4 :jeffs team
5: mo money
6: beantown boys
7: christoper's team
8: kermit mahomes
9: pindevil
10:beantown boys
11: kevins team
12: jeffs team
13: Oh Saquon You See
14: oh sayquon you see

congrats to Kermit Mahomes for winning the weekly winners bonus! Amazingly he only won 1 week. Just a super consistent team! 9 of 12 different teams won a week. I would not have figured it would be so high. Plus 2 teams won 3 weeks, and did not win the overall.

the week winners for pinside are
$36 jeffs team won 3 weeks
$36 beantown boys won 3 weeks
$12 raiders won 1 week
$12 mo money won 1 week
$12 christoper's team won 1 week
$12 kermit mahomes won 1 week
$12 pindevil won 1 week
$12 kevins team won 1 week
$24 Oh Saquon You See won 2 weeks.
----------------------------------------------------
$168 weekly winners total
$72 kermit mahomes winner of the weekly bonus
--------
$240 collected (12 x $20)

Screenshot 2021-12-14 at 01-08-52 pinside Fantasy Football Yahoo Sports (resized).pngScreenshot 2021-12-14 at 01-08-52 pinside Fantasy Football Yahoo Sports (resized).png

#405 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

And didn't make the playoffs which stings just a little bit extra when you've scored the most points in the league. $84 is better than nothing and at least some consolation.

Yeah, its hard when you have bad luck and keep loosing close games. I thought it would have been more chalk. It probably would have been chalk if beantown boys did not loose 2 or 3 key players. Instead of dominating as they did early, they have been fighting to stay in the playoffs. But such is luck and fantasy football.

#406 2 years ago

I just emailed the leagues this. I am formally ending covid backups for the rest of the season in all leagues. It has not been an issue so far this season, but I think it will be in the next 2 or 3 weeks. so better to drop it now, than have it cause a bunch of questions/problems soon. good luck to all.
--------------------
Were in the playoffs now. Thanks to all who played and their season is now over. Good luck to all who remain in the chase!

One bit if business, Someone actually made a really good argument that I had not thought of. That allowing people to designate a covid backup is not fair and that allows managers to be more aggressive and be bailed out if their guy does not play. Its somewhat similar to someone questionable at game time with an injury and being able to swap them if they did not play. Its allowing protection for one risk and not another.

So far, only 1 person has asked for a covid backup in 3 leagues and they did it after kickoff and did not post it. So I think its best to do away with my offer to help with covid backup players. So plan accordingly. decide when active/inactives come out before each game.

It looks like a waive of covid is coming. It looks like the rams and cleveland are getting hit hard. good luck!

#413 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Kupp will prob be OK for Tuesday though?
Not good is we dknt know that far out though.
So lame...let them play dammit

the way they changed the rules on covid, I think most covid players will make it back to play.

#418 2 years ago

final weekly winners for pinside ballers:

1: baller mcluvin
2: karate in the garage
3: baller mcluvin
4: too many dj's
5: kung-fu-frogs
6: baller mcluvin
7: kung-fu-frogs
8: inferno
9: kung-fu-frogs
10: baller mcluvin
11: dolphins
12: dolphins
13: baller mcluvin
14: baller mcluvin
15: zeke's peaked

congrats to the pool winner baller mcluvin.

the individual weekly winners are:
$60 baller mcluvin won 6 weeks
$10 karate in the garage won 1 week
$10 too many dj's won 1 week
$30 kung fu frogs won 3 weeks
$10 inferno won 1 week
$20 dolphins won 2 weeks
$10 zeke's peaked won 1 week
------------------------------------------
$150 weekly winners total
$50 baller mcluvin winner of the bonus ($110 total with 6 weeks won)
$200 collected for weekly winner pool (10 x $20)

#421 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I just knew benching Gordon last minute a couple weeks ago was gonna bite me in the ass and it almost did. Gabriel Davis and Cooper Kupp saved my butt this week. Thanks also to Kittle for getting hot the last couple of weeks prior! Brutal week all in all though. Lots of players underperforming....
On to the playoffs! See you next week Mrbill....

I was looking at both leagues, 1 is set to reseed, the other is not. Need to change that for next year, but in a 10 team 4 people playing for the championship reseeding does not matter.

I am going to need mitchel to play on thursday or I will need to get lucky. maybe kupp will get hurt in the 1st series! This week in covid might change a bunch of peoples plans.

#447 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Dammit Dak out

Sure glad it was not a close game and they pulled dak. I had a 52 point lead at the start and I was gone by half. Still need 6.25 to get the win.. hope my 2 Miami receivers come thru.

Got screwed by Kelce not clearing Covid in the other final against by buddy beantown boyz. he had Higgins, Debo and andrews go off.

do you guys play the daily fantasy? They had something this weekend. Enter for $1 and you were guaranteed a win. I dont know if it was too few players, But it was a free $10. They did it for basketball too, but I dont play it. my brother did both and got $10x2. Over the course of the year, I play and I can win 3 or 4 times in the free football plays(Usually win a $1 or $2). the 18 week tournament, is pretty easy to win $2 as all you have to do is pick 15 decent teams(they toss 3) to get to the money.

covid really messed things up for all this year!

#448 2 years ago

Well, that sucked. Instead of getting dakked, I got waddled. Waddle scored me a ton of points in the other pinside league. Got me to within 8 with more than quarter to go and then they flipped to running game as saints could do nothing..

glad the last second swap out of gibson for gallup was not the reason I lost. Pretty much kelce not clearing and hunter henry shitting the bed..

#454 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Mrbill, I just messaged you via the Baller League. Covid isolation rules have been reduced from 10 days to 5. I dropped Gabriel Davis knowing he wouldn't clear for week 17 based on the 10 day rule. I'd like to get him back if it is kosher with everyone else.

I have no power to change covid status, thats all yahoo by default. Commish does not have that power. The only player power a commish has is to add or drop people off the do not drop list. that and the commish could remove a player or add a player to your team or edit your lineup. any time the commish tools are used, it says what for in the commish updates log at bottom of the main page. LAst time I used them was to lock and then unlock the team that was transfered. I think its odd it does not show the transfer, but I think it was because I did it by adding a secondary manager and then dumping the primary manager twice.

Yahoo is very good at the player updates. this morning is the first I think at 5am pst. I think the next major player update is friday at 1pm pst. then updates stream in sat all the way to kickoff. Especially 90 min before. look at as a opportunity to take advantage of davis's status. while on covid, he can be in your ir slot. So a free spot on your bench. Draft a player you would use to replace him. As soon as he clears, you can drop the added player and put davis in.

As soon as his status changes in the nfl, then you should be able to get him back. Just because they changed the rules to 10 to 5 days, they still have to asymptomatic to get cleared. Thats what killed me with kelce. he went on the covid list the day before tyreek hill, so I figured he would clear too. I waited too long to grab a TE and my only options were henry (which I thought was going to be good) and foster moreau. kelce actually cleared the covid list with tyreek the day before when actives needed to be declared. His status changed from covid to questionable. But kelce blew too much viral load on the mornings test and was out where tyreek actually cleared the day before. KC lost a roster spot when kelce was declared inactive. I am sure he would have scored more than 8 points for me to get the win. But, thats the way it goes with covid.

Next year, I would bet the nflpa and nfl will agree to mandatory vaccination. If a player does not want to, then they will have to sit out the year without pay.

#455 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Mrbill, I just messaged you via the Baller League. Covid isolation rules have been reduced from 10 days to 5. I dropped Gabriel Davis knowing he wouldn't clear for week 17 based on the 10 day rule. I'd like to get him back if it is kosher with everyone else.

I Just reread you message to me in ballers league. I missed what you were saying here. I dont think there would be enough time to get a vote in before waivers. It would only be fair if people had a day to decide. Waivers go off in under 12 hours.

But If it was an accidental drop, then no problem. but you actually did it last week before the games. If it was before the games and neither player had played, then I probably would have done it. you did not use tyler johnson in your lineup, but still, it would be like giving you an extra spot.

The suck part is you did it so close to game time, your blocked from taking him in waivers. I cant do anything about that either. commish tools are not that refined. The only thing I could do was make him immediately available, and that would not be fair either. Maybe if I made him immediately available and then put him back into waivers that would clear you to have a shot at him through waviers, but it might mess up peoples waiver claims.

currently davis, does not have any points assigned to him. Plus he might be under the old rules as he went into covid based on those. Dont know if nfl is going to make it retroactive. So there is a good chance he does not play. I also cut him in some of my leagues. So I am sort of in the same boat.

#456 2 years ago

also RIP john madden.. I watched his special last week. he looked very frail whenever they shot it.

#460 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I dropped him based on the fact that he would never have cleared for week 17 per the rules when I dropped him. Now he can because they changed the rules. And now that I've pointed out that he can come back, somebody else is going to grab him.

probably was the wrong thing to point it out. someone might have missed it.

At what point do you think a line should be drawn? were already into the next week. You want it ok to go back to 2 weeks? The rumors were out there they were changing testing last week. They knocked off a day to test clear last week which opened it up to kelce and tyreek to possibly make it back. We all make bad calls/assumptions. Its one thing if it was before they played, it would be wrong after they played, and even more wrong 2 days after the week.

I really dont think it will be an issue. I think its maybe a 20% chance he plays. plus some people are not playing 100% after catching it. Plus it should be easy game for buffalo this week. They might want to work on running the ball. I hope not as allen in my qb.

I thought there was a chance for those unvaccinated to get back for week 17, thats why I did not cut mike williams on my teams that had him.

#462 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I figured since I didn't play the guy I dropped him for Sunday and Gabriel didn't play at all in Sundays game it would be kosher, especially considering no week 17 games have been played yet and we hadn't ran waivers. That's why I asked.

It was ok to ask. I would have put it up for a vote if you asked say Sunday evening or Monday. But personally, i would have voted no. Good luck, you still have a good chance for 3rd. but it would suck if he used davis to beat you.. Based on his team, It would be hard to see him using davis. Beasley, davis, and sanders back to go along with mckenzie, hard to trust anyone besides diggs.

#465 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I asked as soon as they changed the rule. Why would I ask before then? That makes no sense. It probably doesn't matter for my team this week, but this Covid rule change shit stinks to high heaven. The idea that I need to hold onto players just in case they change the rules is ridiculous. The rules really shouldn't change.

it was bull they changed the rules. They said in preseason, if you have covid issues, you forefit and no pay. but they changed the rules the week before for the outbreak and that let tyreek and others play. then they changed it again with the cdc's 5 day as their excuse. There were hints the rules were going to change again when they lost 110 players that week to covid. they had lost 180 to covid in previous 15 weeks, so nfl saw writing on the wall that this week could be worse.

the reality was their rules were to harsh. But they did it to scare/bluff players to get vaccinated. the way the rules are now, pretty much all players can get clear. players can lie they are felling better. Its just an issue of them clearing the viral load screening.

#473 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Wow at Chase![quoted image]

must have bonus scoring for yardage or long td's as chase scored 57.60 on both my pinside league teams. He lead my teams to 1st and 3rd wins. 50.10 in yahoo winners league.

I think its pretty much decided in the pinside and klov leagues. 2 3rd place matches that have players going on monday. Covid really killed some chances. Cousins going out to it late killed jeffersons and cooks production. Some of the replacements came thru. amon ra st brown did it again. burrow obviously went crazy too.

I will email the leagues for where people want funds sent. I would assume back to email funds were sent from. but if you want something different, let me know.

#476 2 years ago

pending the outcome of mondays games, this should be the results. 

pinside $100+$20
the league prizes will be:
1st: $775 beantown boyz
2nd $250 Christopher's Team
3rd $125 raiders
4th $50 Cobra Kyler

congrats to the pinside weekly pool winner: kermit mahomes

the individual week winners for pinside are:
$36 jeffs team won 3 weeks
$36 beantown boys won 3 weeks
$12 raiders won 1 week
$12 mo money won 1 week
$12 christoper's team won 1 week
$12 kermit mahomes won 1 week
$12 pindevil won 1 week
$12 kevins team won 1 week
$24 Oh Saquon You See won 2 weeks.
----------------------------------------------------
$168 weekly winners total
$72 kermit mahomes winner of the weekly bonus pool ($84 total with 1 week won)
--------
$240 collected (12 x $20)

----------------------------------------------

pinside ballers $100+20
1st: $600  dolphins
2nd: $225 Kung-Fu-Frogs
3rd: $125  Baller McLuvin
4th: $50  Zeke’s Peaked

congrats to the pinside baller weekly pool winner: baller mcluvin.

the individual weekly winners for pinside ballers are:
$60 baller mcluvin won 6 weeks
$10 karate in the garage won 1 week
$10 too many dj's won 1 week
$30 kung fu frogs won 3 weeks
$10 inferno won 1 week
$20 dolphins won 2 weeks
$10 zeke's peaked won 1 week
$150 weekly winners total
$50 baller mcluvin winner of the weekly bonus pool ($110 total with 6 weeks won)
$200 collected for weekly winner pool (10 x $20)

---------------------------------------------

klov league $50+$15
1st: $390  Smashed Penis
2nd $125  Canuckcade
3rd $60   KEYSER SOZE (did not think najee could do it but he put up 36.20 and flipped it!)
4th $25   Swarmers

congrats to the klov weekly pool winner: canuckcade
so totals are
$36 : smashed penis 3 weeks
$12 : ataru 1 week
$24 : gretz 99 2 weeks
$12 : swarmers 1 week
$36 : canuckcade 3 weeks 
$12 : mcluvin 1 week
$12 : pindevil 1 week
$12 : raiders 1 week
---------------------------------
$156 weekly winner total 
$24 : canuckcade bonus $24 for winning the pool ($60 total with 3 weeks won)
---------------------------------
$180  total ($15 x 12 teams)

#479 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Congrats Bill !!!

thanks! It was fun. I was a struggle in the pinside league. I was lucky to get 3rd.. KLov league was endless amounts of poor choices/bad luck/injuries.

Hopefully we can do it again next year!

how many money leagues did you play in? how did you do? I played in 3. 1st, 3rd and 7th.

I am still pissed my 15-0 public team is going to loose.. Its my fault. I should have benched justin jefferson with cousins out. I went with him a kupp. I left chase and amon-ra st brown on my bench. I trusted swift in my flex over those 2.

#480 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Close Calls that would have given me a loss today.
1. KC Defense/ST TD called back
2. Hunter Renfrow TD called back.

the renfrow one was about as close as you can get. that guy barely touched his shoe...

#483 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m in 2 leagues and won the consolation game in both Made a huge mistake drafting M Sanders and R Anderson in both leagues .That lead to me having to claw my way to the finish line .I’ll be back next year if you’ll have me it was fun .

all are welcome. Its always fun to play against people who try. Its no fun doing a public league and have people quit. or people who quit and cut their players. In one league, After I beat someone in the semifinals, they cut their best players. I missed out on getting mixon due to low draft status. In the end, my team cratered and I would have lost anyways, but that sucked.

I dont plan on playing in any public free leagues next year. just the yahoo winners league. I am trying to find the proper point where its competitive fun and not so much work playing for money. I think I am only going to play in $5- $10 leagues next year to see how that goes. Still going to do the pinside and klov leagues if people are interested.

#488 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Don't we have a rule preventing managers from doing that? That's essentially sabotaging the playoffs.

That’s what a commish should do. But this was a public league, so you can’t do anything about it.

Quoted from cscmtp:

By the way, that's a HUGE drop off from 1st to 2nd....sucks for me, being top ranked team all year and choking and only getting $250 compared to $775. I can see double the amount from 1st to 2nd but this sucks balls. Congrats beantown boyz

As for 2nd place vs 1st, we can adjust that next time. I probably should have made it more in the 12 team for 2nd, but I think I made a math error, I had thought $750 and $275. But I was a little distracted with setting up the 2nd league.

But after all, it’s about winners! In the immortal words of Sean connery:

#489 2 years ago

almost all funds sent! I had some minor hiccups on a few people, so I emailed them. here are people I emailed:

pinside:
mo money: let me know if there is a better way to send you funds to avoid fees. If its ok, to just send it, let me know.

pinside ballers:
too many dj's: donated $10 to pinside in your name as you requested.

#490 2 years ago

All funds have now been sent. If you did not get what you won pm or email me. thanks for playing. Lets see if we can play again next year.

6 months later
#495 1 year ago

I will make sure all are open I will send out emails to all. Start a thead to get confirmation of players.

If you guys think there should be any changes, feel free to speak up. your welcome to play in the yahoo leagues and or the nfl league.

busy now with cax, but I will make sure the teams are open.

I just opened all 3 leagues and sent out emails. will set the draft time soon. it will be friday, saturday, or sunday the week before the 1st game. Normally at 6:30 pst.

#501 1 year ago

I added 2 slots to yahoo pinside ballers to make it 12, I think my friend will go back to just playing on nfl, so its really probably at 9 right now.

here is the join link. All are welcome to play. we always play with default yahoo and nfl.com rules.

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/925636/invitation?key=7e4c8e7bf412f957&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=2fe180648332d367

yahoo Pinside is full at 12. klov on nfl.com is also full at 12. I will post if anyone wants to drop on those 2 leagues and put the join link.

also what did you guys think of the weekly winners part from last year? I think it went well. I was worried it would be one sided, but it was decent mix of weekly winners.

#505 1 year ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I liked it. It juiced my 3rd place winnings a good bit. As long as it isn’t making it too complicated for you to keep track.

haha! You guys do a good job of keeping me from messing up!! Thats why I did the weekly winners thread post. listing the weeks winners lets you check my work. But it really no work, yahoo tells you who were the winners of each machup. You just have to see which of the 6 was the largest number! Nfl also tells you sort of in the same way.

Looks like someone already took the 2nd slot on pinside ballers. So that league is at 12 now. The 1st slot was taken by a klov player.

I will call my college buddy tomorrow to see what league he prefers to play in. He (ataru) probably wants to drop to 1 team. He not into it, just plays to keep track of nfl(he probably tells his wife I make him play). I suspect he will want to stay with nfl.com and drop the pinside ballers league. My other middle school buddy won the pinside league last year(beantown boyz). He is a degenerate gamer like all of us, so I am sure he will be back for this year.

#506 1 year ago

the first nfl game this year is thursday september 8 for the 2022 season.

I normally set draft time at 6:30 pst. I would think thursday 9/1 friday 9/2, saturday 9/3, or sunday 9/4 would be best days. does anyone anticipate any conflicts? since no league has a set date, I can assign pinside, pinside ballers, and klov to any of these dates.

#509 1 year ago

my buddy is going to drop on pinside ballers and keep just the nfl.com team. So there is one slot left. Before I turn it over to first join gets it, If anyone wants to play, send me a pm and I will transfer the slot to you.

The pinside leagues are $100 for prize pool. Last year we did weekly bonus for $20. So a total of $120.

2nd $250
3rd $125
4th $50

$20, we can have a weekly high score winner for 15 weeks(if all play, its $12 weekly). Then the highest scoring team at end of week 15 will get the $5 bonus( $60 for high score end week 15 if all play).

Added 19 months ago:

I remembered I needed to correct some things on the winnings. Klov plays 13 weeks dues to 2 week playoffs. pinside plays 14 weeks.

The pinside leagues are $100 for prize pool. Last year we did weekly bonus for $20. So a total of $120.

2nd $250
3rd $125
4th $50

With the extra $20, we can have a weekly high score winner for 14 weeks(if all play, its $12 weekly). Then the highest scoring team at end of week 14 will get the $6 bonus( $72 for high score end week 14 if all play).

here is the join link if you wish to play:

Added 19 months ago:

(klov league is $50 +$15 and weekly winner is across 13 weeks due to its 2 week playoff. high score end of the week 13 gets $2 bonus so $24).

#511 1 year ago

looks like james grabbed the last slot on pinside ballers. so all 3 leagues are full now. 11 are confirmed on pinside, and 6 are confirmed on pinside ballers. I will email a call for funds next week. Hope to get all funds in by the 15th. As usual, I will post a running list inside the yahoo and nfl.com message spaces to track it all. If someone is going to drop out, I am sure it will happen when its time to fund the teams. If an opening happens, I will let everyone know.

Just a quick question, how do you guys feel about me making yahoo or nfl to select the draft order in advance? I have done this as soon as the league is funded in the past. I think its a good thing as you could mock draft to get a feel of how your drafts early rounds might go and you can plan a strategy. but if you prefer to go default and wait to 30 min before draft, thats cool too.

default trade deadline is currently at November 19, 2022. thats saturday after the start of week 11. Everyone cool with that?

#514 1 year ago
Quoted from PappaDubz:

Iam good with the trade deadline and knowing your draft position before the draft
What are the payment methods?
I know I paid with PayPal for both leagues last year

If you know of a better way than paypal, I am open to it. I am sure most collecting services will take a %. I dont mind doing it with paypal to keep it 100% in and out 100% back.

when you do send funds, include league and team name, if your doing multiples leagues, all in1 is fine, just let me know all teams. The hard part is when people change team names. But I can usually figure it out.

#515 1 year ago

I set the draft days times for all the leagues. If there are any problems, let me know asap!

Fri Sep 2 at 6:30pm PDT = pinside
Sat Sep 3 at 6:30pm PDT = klov
Sun Sep 4 at 6:30pm PDT = pinside ballers

#516 1 year ago

time to get funds in. if your in multiple leagues, you can send funds in1, but include the leagues your in and your team names. I will email all thru the leagues. as soon as funds are in, I will randomize the draft order.

-----------------------

The pinside and pinside ballers leagues are $100 for prize pool. Last year we did weekly bonus for $20. So a total of $120.

2nd $250
3rd $125
4th $50

With the extra $20, we can have a weekly high score winner for 14 weeks (its $12 a weekly high score win). Then the highest scoring team at end of week 14 will get the $6 bonus( $72 for high score at end week 14).

----------------------------

klov league is $50 for prize pool +$16 for weekly winner so a total of $66. weekly winner is across first 13 weeks due to its 2 week playoff. high score end of the week 13 gets the $3 bonus, so $36).

based on 12, prizes will be for klov league will be:

1st: $390
2nd $125
3rd $60
4th $25

#519 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

nevermind thanks for the 0 responses

sorry, I just got to checking the thread. My paypal is in the league messages I sent. I got your funds and I updated the funded teams list in the league thread.

#521 1 year ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Sorry I was busy helping repair an AC, investigate a KLOV crime, and install a wheel bearing.
Bill, I just sent funds for all 3 leagues in one payment.

no problem. So far funds are in for:

pinside funds in for :
1: raiders
2: beantown boyz
3: Christopher's Team
4: Kermit Mahomes
5: oh saquon you see
6: kevin's team
7: mo money
8: cobra kyler
9: mcluvin
10: pindevil

funds in for pinside ballers:
1: dolphins
2: Christopher's Choice Team
3: niners
4: cleveland ethics
5: Zeke’s Peaked
6: baller mcluvin
7: inferno

funds in for klov:
1: raiders
2: ataru
3:cheesegritty
4: mcluvin
5: pindevil

#523 1 year ago

pinside league is now fully funded. I randomized the draft order and here are the results:

1. PinBotZ
2. raiders
3. Oh Saquon Yo...
4. Christopher'...
5. Pin Devil
6. McLuvin
7. Beantown Boyz
8. Jeff's Team
9. Kermit Mahomes
10. Kevin's Team
11. Mo Money
12. Cobra Kyler

Friday, September 2 @ 6:30 pm PDT

quick question, my brother plays in the cash leagues. He picked a draft time of 7pm the day of our draft. Has anyone dropped out of a cash league and changed the time? I read you drop 72 hours before the draft. But it does not specifically say the cash enter will be refunded.

#525 1 year ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Shit, I need to fund for Pinside Ballers. Where do I send it and how much?

I sent you a pm.

To all players, maybe verify your yahoo teams email. I send a few thru the league, they have to go somewhere.

#526 1 year ago

I just got notice of an opening in the klov league.

before all you in the pinside leagues jump and fill it, I want to to offer it to maybe a new player first. Klov league is $66.

message me here if you want to play on klov or send me an email. the klov player said he was not able to email me through the league. my main email has not changed for 30+ years.

so far:
pinside = fully funded
pinside ballers = 11 of 12 need funds from: too many dj's
klov = 9 of 12 funded.

#528 1 year ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

That KLOV league is a tough one. More than a few cherry picking the leftovers at 5 AM every f'n week.

Funny, i think its a little easier than the pinside leagues. A few more casual players.

Klov is on nfl.com. A little different than yahoo, but not enough where its a major issue. The big difference is its 2 week playoffs. So you need to be in the top 4 to have a shot at the money. I really like that format. If you have a players have a bad day, your not dead. Plus the season works out who are the top 4.

#530 1 year ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I noticed that guys I was able to pick up in my other leagues after waivers were already gone in KLOV. That was consistent throughout the season. And I get up early to check. For me that’s a tougher league.

baller league was 10 teams last year, so thats 24 more players available to pick from. one thing about nfl, its projections dont seem to update as fast as yahoo. so on yahoo you pretty much see an instant rise in a backup players projections if a starter got hurt or was out at gametime. nfl, tends to lag on that during the week on that. So somtimes that player thats hot might be projected at 2.1 on nfl for a while where he might be 10.6 on yahoo 30 min after an injury.

I scored an occasional player from that, but I had to really hunt for them.

I emailed directly the 3 teams were waiting on (2 klov, 1 pinside ballers). If I dont get a response from them by tuesday, I will make 1 last post to them. if they still have not funded or responded, I will make those teams available.

#531 1 year ago

looks like were down to waiting on 1 team for pinside ballers. I cant seem to get a reply from him. Do you guys know him, whats his name here?

Too Many DJs Brian (balzamo?)

If he does not respond, we might need another player for pinside ballers.

also if anyone new wants to play in klov league, let me know asap.

Added 19 months ago:

added a new team to pinsideballers and were all ready to go.

here is the randomized draft order for pinside ballers.

1. Kung-Fu-Frogs
2. Inferno
3. Niners
4. Guido Torpedo
5. QB U
6. Baller McLuvin
7. The Clevelan...
8. Zeke’s Peaked
9. Christopher'...
10. Karate in th...
11. Cobra Kyler
12. dolphins

I created a new 2022 pinside fantasy football thread. here is a like to it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fantasy-football-2022-we-might-have-an-opening-for-one#post-7084551

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbill.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2021-pinside-fantasy-football?tu=mrbill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.