• Latest reply 1 year ago by mcluvin
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20220102-181324-631 (resized).png
duckprescott (resized).PNG
gd (resized).PNG
Screenshot 2021-12-14 at 01-08-52 pinside Fantasy Football Yahoo Sports (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
70pts (resized).PNG
d23 (resized).PNG
trade 3 (resized).PNG
6EF43AD2-81EC-4766-AA76-84F0F6303AE1 (resized).jpeg
te (resized).PNG
Screenshot_20210930-213307-299 (resized).png
Screenshot_20210912-144358 (resized).png
zeke (resized).PNG
butthurt (resized).PNG
70FEEAA5-06FB-4A9A-8578-805C45716259 (resized).png
pinsideffl (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boscokid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#88 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

You trade a player short term to your buddy to give them an advantage with the understanding you are getting that player back.

Clown League Shit. I guess it's the downside to drafting with randoms on the internet.

#147 2 years ago

Couple fantasy hot takes from that game.

Dak. Alrighty then, I am sold

Zeke. Ok the script didn't favor him but Pollard was touching the ball in critical situations. Not sure Elliott has a death grip on dominating touches there anymore, still an RB1 but if you lose 5 catches and 50 yards every week its gonna add up.

Lamb. Had a really good game but dropped a few easy ones that WR1 studs don't normally drop

Cooper. Dude seemed to catch everything thrown his way, thats how you pile on fantasy points

Brady. No words

RoJo. Dude you just fkn suck, how many times you gonna be on final written warning for fumbles before you prioritize holding onto the ball? Fournette not great but looked good catching the ball and can pass block so you may just be hanging around waiting for an injury to be part of this offense again

Godwin/AB. Those two are gonna catch a lot of passes in 2021

Evans. Not sure he is gonna be happy blocking and cheering for Gronk and AB TD dances, when he complained last year Brady/Arians made a point to involve him the following week so there may just be too many mouths to feed

#177 2 years ago

Anybody doing a Guillotine league? I still have my long standing work PPR league but I find this format really put excitement back into fantasy.

Basically you draft, then the lowest score each week is eliminated and all their players go to waivers.

Now you are in a pickle; spend your FAAB now or try to survive another week with your current roster and your funds intact

So, for example - we have 1k budget somebody just spent $400 on Diggs and $200 on Elijah Mitchell, now that guy doesn't really have the money to pursue top talent for a couple months, so he needs to squeak by on what he has on his roster now or other people's scraps.

Is Mitchell worth 20% $200 of FAAB? Hell - who knows, but what I do know is in 13 weeks you can get CMC or Kamara for less than $200 if you hold onto your dollars AND are still around to bid. Some people hoard their $$$ then get eliminated - so that doesn't work; some people spend like a sailor on payday then can't improve their roster later in the season so that doesn't work either.

Finding the balance and getting lucky at the right times is what wins

#185 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Sounds interesting, but I’m happy enough to claw my way out of a bad draft or run of losses. I want to play the whole season.

And there is the rub. Everybody that is still alive is still invested so you have zero Zombie teams like many leagues seem to have.

Its the method that requires the most skill from team managers.

#208 2 years ago

My league saw bids of $75,50,50,7 out of $200 for Cordarrelle Patterson.

Not a lot of options if you are short on RBs but my gut tells me there will be a disappointed *winner* of the CPat sweepstakes

#218 2 years ago

People underestimate just how good Cooks has been in his career. Its a mystery why he is on his 4th team

#227 2 years ago

Playing against CMC for TNF is not a good feeling. Anything under 20 points would be a victory

1 week later
#250 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

You either grab Kelce first round or hope you can pickup Waller or Kittle in round 2/3. Gronk was a steal this year in Round 15.

My initial TE plan was to grab Hockenson in the 5th but when Swift unexpectedly dropped to me at pick 45 had to call an audible.

Even as a Detroit fan no way did I want to be stuck with 2 Lions. Now I have Logan Thomas and just cross my fingers and hope for 4-40 and TD every other week

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boscokid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2021-pinside-fantasy-football?tu=boscokid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.