• Latest reply 1 year ago by mcluvin
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20220102-181324-631 (resized).png
duckprescott (resized).PNG
gd (resized).PNG
Screenshot 2021-12-14 at 01-08-52 pinside Fantasy Football Yahoo Sports (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
70pts (resized).PNG
d23 (resized).PNG
trade 3 (resized).PNG
6EF43AD2-81EC-4766-AA76-84F0F6303AE1 (resized).jpeg
te (resized).PNG
Screenshot_20210930-213307-299 (resized).png
Screenshot_20210912-144358 (resized).png
zeke (resized).PNG
butthurt (resized).PNG
70FEEAA5-06FB-4A9A-8578-805C45716259 (resized).png
pinsideffl (resized).PNG
There are 533 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.
#51 2 years ago

Whatevs

#53 2 years ago

60% instead of 30 %

#54 2 years ago

if you want it to 6, thats fine. there is still 1 slot, Feel free to join. If we need to add slots to 12, let me know. If we go past 10, I will remove the extra w/r/t and the extra bench slot.

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/1060450/invitation?key=2d8d8f00ce233fca&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=51d2717741b4ec5b

#55 2 years ago

Great! I just jumped in, where should I send the $? $120, right?

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

if you want it to 6, thats fine. there is still 1 slot, Feel free to join. If we need to add slots to 12, let me know. If we go past 10, I will remove the extra w/r/t and the extra bench slot.
https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/1060450/invitation?key=2d8d8f00ce233fca&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=51d2717741b4ec5b

Since we are now at 10, how about we raise the number of teams to 12? I bet we'll get a couple of last minute additions. They are more likely to join if the link doesn't tell them the league is full.

#57 2 years ago

I think I've got someone interested. If you guys are cool, bump it to 12...

#58 2 years ago

Ok i will bump to 12, delete the extra w/r/t and delete the extra bench spot. It will be exactly the same as regular pinside. This league will be at 6 for veto. The other i will kick up to 4.

I will email the new guys my paypal email thru the game. If you dont get it, feel free to pm me.
—-

All changes made. Added 2 more teams. You should be able to join.. not sure if link changed, but here it is

———-

I just emailed the league about the changes. Going ask for options on rent a player trades. If we dont get to 12, then I will put rules back to 10. So we need to fill 1 hour before draft.

As soon as funds are in, and if were at 12, I will randomize the draft. If were at 11, I would vote we drop last man in and go with 10. What do you guys think?

#59 2 years ago

I don't like that rent a player BS. If I think you are doing it, I'm going to veto all your f'n trades.

#60 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I don't like that rent a player BS. If I think you are doing it, I'm going to veto all your f'n trades.

what is the rent a player thing I have never seen it in any leagues i have played

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

what is the rent a player thing I have never seen it in any leagues i have played

You trade a player short term to your buddy to give them an advantage with the understanding you are getting that player back.

#62 2 years ago

Not cool,no trade backs.

#63 2 years ago

I see what your saying ,we will probably all veto that trade

#64 2 years ago

No rent a players.

#65 2 years ago

I am 100% against it too. Its usually around bye week or when its last week where you desperate for a win. Usually there is compensation involved. SO kamara for taylor and when returned you get judy back as payment.

Its not something that could be known until after the fact. I would vote if its detected, I as commish, could go back in and take away the points. Its one thing to throw a week and bench your whole team so a friend can beat you, its another thing to collude to put points another team.

If detected, I would say we vote, and if found guilty, the persons score 0 at that position.

one of the things I disliked about the mfl league is you could drop a player and it was instantly available. So you could drop and 10 seconds later your buddy could add him. Going back to waiver is the right thing.

#66 2 years ago

cant wait for Monday this will be another fun season.

#67 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

cant wait for Monday this will be another fun season.

yup 1st game is thursday. I dont think there will be any postponed games this time.

I am not 100% sure on last minute covid players. I cant find anything on it. If there is one in you starting lineup, I think you can pull them out even after the game is played. Did anyone try last year? I guess we shall see.

I was thinking, if someone gets caught with a covid player in their lineup and you cant pull him out. (say diggs is covid and you do not notice until 11am PSt after the 10am PST kickoff). We can make a rule, you can declare it and say put in player xxx off my bench. But you need to declare it in the league notes covid section and the player you want subbed in can not have already played.

what do you guys think? Fair? or tough luck?

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

yup 1st game is thursday. I dont think there will be any postponed games this time.
I am not 100% sure on last minute covid players. I cant find anything on it. If there is one in you starting lineup, I think you can pull them out even after the game is played. Did anyone try last year? I guess we shall see.
I was thinking, if someone gets caught with a covid player in their lineup and you cant pull him out. (say diggs is covid and you do not notice until 11am PSt after the 10am PST kickoff). We can make a rule, you can declare it and say put in player xxx off my bench. But you need to declare it in the league notes covid section and the player you want subbed in can not have already played.
what do you guys think? Fair? or tough luck?

Im flexible on this but leaning towards tough luck.

#69 2 years ago

That just seems too complicated. I vote tough luck. That is the reality of it...

#70 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

That just seems too complicated. I vote tough luck. That is the reality of it...

I would agree, I am normally logged in when kickoffs start, so its not a issue for me. Its more the casual player, someone who might be on vacation, or have no internet access.

Its just more work for the commish. I am fine either way.

also funds need to be in before the draft. If your not in, you can play, but cant win. Also if we are stuck at 11, and 1 person does not have funds in, the person getting kicked will be the unfunded team. We are at 8 funded teams at this moment. Funds not in yet for:

KockeyHockey's Best Team
Tracy's Terrific Team

plus the 2 open slots

#71 2 years ago

9 of 10 teams funded in pinside ballers. 2 slots still open.

To encourage people sitting on the fence to join, 1st person to fund their team will be considered the 10th team! Thats important in that if we dont get to 12, the 11th team will be dropped and the league will be set to 10 for the draft.

Also, if funds are not in by draft time, you can play, but you cant win. last year computer drafted a really good team in one of the leagues. People were contacting me they wanted in. we agreed they could play the team, but they could not buy in to win.

#72 2 years ago

Have any of you ever been in a league where everybody just lost interest and the commish sends out communications but doesn't respond to any? I'm about to draft in one of those leagues.

#73 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Have any of you ever been in a league where everybody just lost interest and the commish sends out communications but doesn't respond to any? I'm about to draft in one of those leagues.

not a cash league I hope.

#74 2 years ago

Quoted from Jamesays:not a cash league I hope.

all auto draft

#75 2 years ago

people hardly respond. Sometimes its spam blocker, sometimes they are using a seldom viewed email. then you get people asking questions that can easily be answered by looking at league rules..

I rather loose to people who try than beat people who dont. You get all kinds. I hope the weekly winner part might keep people interested to the end. Anyone can win a week.

#76 2 years ago

It doesn't really mean anything but damn! Never done this before. It's so perfectly proportional....

pinsideffl (resized).PNGpinsideffl (resized).PNG

#77 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

not a cash league I hope.

No shi*, they iced me out. That is some petty BS, but it is what it is. They really weren't very good. They think they are good, but they are not. You guys are good.

#78 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

I would agree, I am normally logged in when kickoffs start, so its not a issue for me. Its more the casual player, someone who might be on vacation, or have no internet access.
Its just more work for the commish. I am fine either way.

Winning is talent + effort + luck. Doing this is a crutch for the effort.

#79 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

I rather loose to people who try than beat people who dont. You get all kinds. I hope the weekly winner part might keep people interested to the end. Anyone can win a week.

The weekly winner is a great idea. Hopefully it will keep folks interested.

I read that Yahoo is terrible about situations where a Commish becomes incapacitated. Their support is supposedly non-existent. It would not be a bad idea to designate someone.

#80 2 years ago

I’m a commish in a couple of leagues, everyone is going to a 14 game regular season, correct?

#81 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I’m a commish in a couple of leagues, everyone is going to a 14 game regular season, correct?

All my leagues are at 14.

I take that back. One is at 15, but that's my Zombie League. So God knows...

#82 2 years ago

No one else joined, and 10th team is funded. So I am going to lock the league at 10. Put back the 2nd w/r/t an an extra bench spot.

Stet playoffs back to 4 teams. With 4 teams, we get to go to week 15, the next 2 are playoffs, and we don’t play week 18.

I will randomize the draft in a bit. Good luck to all.

#83 2 years ago

Sounds good Bill

#84 2 years ago

I never drafted on yahoo .Will it just say “join draft” on this page ? Also thanks for having me Ive been in the same league for 20 years was looking for a second to join .

70FEEAA5-06FB-4A9A-8578-805C45716259 (resized).png70FEEAA5-06FB-4A9A-8578-805C45716259 (resized).png
#85 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I never drafted on yahoo .Will it just say “join draft” on this page ? Also thanks for having me Ive been in the same league for 20 years was looking for a second to join .

I've never drafted from my phone, but you can jump in the draft 30 minutes prior to start. They usually make it very obvious.

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I've never drafted from my phone, but you can jump in the draft 30 minutes prior to start. They usually make it very obvious.

Cool thanks .

#87 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Thats the correct league. I have never drafted on my phone either. Might be hard to see who is being taken. Yahoo engine is pretty good, I am sure it makes sense on the phone. I normally draft on my pc, I have drafted on my ipad pro, and it was similar to the pc.

Do a mock draft and you will know. If its 6:05 and you cant get in, you might be missing something.

Also, on a phone, expect to get disconnected. If you do, make sure the top guys in your draft que are who you want. Computer will take your top que or top person available(Or next available needed. If you already picked a qb or te, its not going to take a 2nd if you still need wr/rb).

#88 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

You trade a player short term to your buddy to give them an advantage with the understanding you are getting that player back.

Clown League Shit. I guess it's the downside to drafting with randoms on the internet.

#89 2 years ago

the league prizes will be for pinside ballers:

1st: $600
2nd: $225
3rd: $125
4th: $50

weekly winner will be $10 a week for 1-15. highest scoring team at end of week 15 will get $50. weekly winner has to end at 15, as eliminated teams get locked out. So that fair to all.

Also I set block trade back to 4(default is 3). at 4, that means 60% need to object in a 10 team league. If it was 6, thats 80%. In a 12 team league, 6 is 66%.

4 team playoff. playoffs start week 16.

#90 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

Also I set block trade back to 4(default is 3). at 4, that means 60% need to object in a 10 team league. If it was 6, thats 80%. In a 12 team league, 6 is 66%.

We need a middle ground. If it's too high and enough folks stop participating, a trade will never get approved. If it's too low, assholes will veto everything.

#91 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

We need a middle ground. If it's too high and enough folks stop participating, a trade will never get approved. If it's too low, assholes will veto everything.

trades dont need to be approved, they can only be blocked. So if 1 or 2 people quit mid season, then if its at 6, you need 7 or all 8 to object.

this can be decided after the draft. 4 or 5. Yahoo default is 3.

#92 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

trades dont need to be approved, they can only be blocked. So if 1 or 2 people quit mid season, then if its at 6, you need 7 or all 8 to object.

any number works for me

#93 2 years ago

Am I being petty?? Yeah, I know I am....

butthurt (resized).PNGbutthurt (resized).PNG

#94 2 years ago

Good luck to all .I’m good with anything on the block .Finished right before my shift ended was perfect

#95 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

No rent a players.

i think you got the best player in the draft with Henry

#96 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Maybe, but with Julio, there might be more passing and less running. Henry does not catch many passes. Plus no back has ever had back to back #1 seasons since I think Tomlinson.

Personally, I would rather have kamara over henry.

#97 2 years ago

I’ve been looking .Is there a $1000 fab for season ?

#98 2 years ago

Yes, look at standings and you will see we all have 1000 in fab. It was 100 on pinside last year, but I thought that was too little. The amount does not matter too much, just makes your bids higher. If you guys want less fab we can lower it.

Fab goes for add/drops as well as end of week waivers. Fab bids count first. If a tie, then it’s waiver order. After fab, it goes by waiver.

#99 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I didn’t expect him to be there at 5.

#100 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

Yes, look at standings and you will see we all have 1000 in fab. It was 100 on pinside last year, but I thought that was too little. The amount does not matter too much, just makes your bids higher. If you guys want less fab we can lower it.
Fab goes for add/drops as well as end of week waivers. Fab bids count first. If a tie, then it’s waiver order. After fab, it goes by waiver.

I put a bid in the first time and it asked for $ amount then I cancelled .Then I put a couple transactions in and it did not ask for $ amount .Not sure what’s going on but I’ll try again in the AM.Just heads up .

There are 533 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2021-pinside-fantasy-football/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.