• Latest reply 1 year ago by mcluvin
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20220102-181324-631 (resized).png
duckprescott (resized).PNG
gd (resized).PNG
Screenshot 2021-12-14 at 01-08-52 pinside Fantasy Football Yahoo Sports (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
70pts (resized).PNG
d23 (resized).PNG
trade 3 (resized).PNG
6EF43AD2-81EC-4766-AA76-84F0F6303AE1 (resized).jpeg
te (resized).PNG
Screenshot_20210930-213307-299 (resized).png
Screenshot_20210912-144358 (resized).png
zeke (resized).PNG
butthurt (resized).PNG
70FEEAA5-06FB-4A9A-8578-805C45716259 (resized).png
pinsideffl (resized).PNG
There are 533 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.
#451 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

thielen choked again for me

That was a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation. You know he is probably still hurt, but you also know they like to use him in the red zone.

I'm irritated with all these dumbasses not being vaxxed. Gabriel Davis was a great pickup for me week 15. He's not vaxxed so out for both playoff games. I might get Cook back next week. I think he can be cleared as early as Saturday. Lock and Goff's backup downgraded most of my spare RBs. I almost replaced Folk with that Kicker the Chiefs picked up. I should have done that. Oh well, at least I'm in the playoffs. Congratz to those of you who made it to the championship round!

#452 2 years ago

" Davis was described in August as one “of the most vocal Buffalo Bills regarding their refusal to get the COVID-19 vaccine.."

Umm that's fucking saying something when you're on a team with Cole Beasley

#453 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

Well, that sucked. Instead of getting dakked, I got waddled. Waddle scored me a ton of points in the other pinside league. Got me to within 8 with more than quarter to go and then they flipped to running game as saints could do nothing..
glad the last second swap out of gibson for gallup was not the reason I lost. Pretty much kelce not clearing and hunter henry shitting the bed..

Mrbill, I just messaged you via the Baller League. Covid isolation rules have been reduced from 10 days to 5. I dropped Gabriel Davis knowing he wouldn't clear for week 17 based on the 10 day rule. I'd like to get him back if it is kosher with everyone else.

#454 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Mrbill, I just messaged you via the Baller League. Covid isolation rules have been reduced from 10 days to 5. I dropped Gabriel Davis knowing he wouldn't clear for week 17 based on the 10 day rule. I'd like to get him back if it is kosher with everyone else.

I have no power to change covid status, thats all yahoo by default. Commish does not have that power. The only player power a commish has is to add or drop people off the do not drop list. that and the commish could remove a player or add a player to your team or edit your lineup. any time the commish tools are used, it says what for in the commish updates log at bottom of the main page. LAst time I used them was to lock and then unlock the team that was transfered. I think its odd it does not show the transfer, but I think it was because I did it by adding a secondary manager and then dumping the primary manager twice.

Yahoo is very good at the player updates. this morning is the first I think at 5am pst. I think the next major player update is friday at 1pm pst. then updates stream in sat all the way to kickoff. Especially 90 min before. look at as a opportunity to take advantage of davis's status. while on covid, he can be in your ir slot. So a free spot on your bench. Draft a player you would use to replace him. As soon as he clears, you can drop the added player and put davis in.

As soon as his status changes in the nfl, then you should be able to get him back. Just because they changed the rules to 10 to 5 days, they still have to asymptomatic to get cleared. Thats what killed me with kelce. he went on the covid list the day before tyreek hill, so I figured he would clear too. I waited too long to grab a TE and my only options were henry (which I thought was going to be good) and foster moreau. kelce actually cleared the covid list with tyreek the day before when actives needed to be declared. His status changed from covid to questionable. But kelce blew too much viral load on the mornings test and was out where tyreek actually cleared the day before. KC lost a roster spot when kelce was declared inactive. I am sure he would have scored more than 8 points for me to get the win. But, thats the way it goes with covid.

Next year, I would bet the nflpa and nfl will agree to mandatory vaccination. If a player does not want to, then they will have to sit out the year without pay.

#455 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I Just reread you message to me in ballers league. I missed what you were saying here. I dont think there would be enough time to get a vote in before waivers. It would only be fair if people had a day to decide. Waivers go off in under 12 hours.

But If it was an accidental drop, then no problem. but you actually did it last week before the games. If it was before the games and neither player had played, then I probably would have done it. you did not use tyler johnson in your lineup, but still, it would be like giving you an extra spot.

The suck part is you did it so close to game time, your blocked from taking him in waivers. I cant do anything about that either. commish tools are not that refined. The only thing I could do was make him immediately available, and that would not be fair either. Maybe if I made him immediately available and then put him back into waivers that would clear you to have a shot at him through waviers, but it might mess up peoples waiver claims.

currently davis, does not have any points assigned to him. Plus he might be under the old rules as he went into covid based on those. Dont know if nfl is going to make it retroactive. So there is a good chance he does not play. I also cut him in some of my leagues. So I am sort of in the same boat.

#456 2 years ago

also RIP john madden.. I watched his special last week. he looked very frail whenever they shot it.

#457 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

Next year, I would bet the nflpa and nfl will agree to mandatory vaccination. If a player does not want to, then they will have to sit out the year without pay.

Why would the nflpa do this against their own players unless they are getting something big in return? They'll just eliminate the testing.

#458 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

I Just reread you message to me in ballers league. I missed what you were saying here. I dont think there would be enough time to get a vote in before waivers. It would only be fair if people had a day to decide. Waivers go off in under 12 hours.

I dropped him based on the fact that he would never have cleared for week 17 per the rules when I dropped him. Now he can because they changed the rules. And now that I've pointed out that he can come back, somebody else is going to grab him.

#459 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

...omebody else is going to grab him.

Already did, thanks!

#460 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I dropped him based on the fact that he would never have cleared for week 17 per the rules when I dropped him. Now he can because they changed the rules. And now that I've pointed out that he can come back, somebody else is going to grab him.

probably was the wrong thing to point it out. someone might have missed it.

At what point do you think a line should be drawn? were already into the next week. You want it ok to go back to 2 weeks? The rumors were out there they were changing testing last week. They knocked off a day to test clear last week which opened it up to kelce and tyreek to possibly make it back. We all make bad calls/assumptions. Its one thing if it was before they played, it would be wrong after they played, and even more wrong 2 days after the week.

I really dont think it will be an issue. I think its maybe a 20% chance he plays. plus some people are not playing 100% after catching it. Plus it should be easy game for buffalo this week. They might want to work on running the ball. I hope not as allen in my qb.

I thought there was a chance for those unvaccinated to get back for week 17, thats why I did not cut mike williams on my teams that had him.

#461 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

At what point do you think a line should be drawn? were already into the next week.

I figured since I didn't play the guy I dropped him for Sunday and Gabriel didn't play at all in Sundays game it would be kosher, especially considering no week 17 games have been played yet and we hadn't ran waivers. That's why I asked.

#462 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I figured since I didn't play the guy I dropped him for Sunday and Gabriel didn't play at all in Sundays game it would be kosher, especially considering no week 17 games have been played yet and we hadn't ran waivers. That's why I asked.

It was ok to ask. I would have put it up for a vote if you asked say Sunday evening or Monday. But personally, i would have voted no. Good luck, you still have a good chance for 3rd. but it would suck if he used davis to beat you.. Based on his team, It would be hard to see him using davis. Beasley, davis, and sanders back to go along with mckenzie, hard to trust anyone besides diggs.

#463 2 years ago

Good luck to the finalists .

#464 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

It was ok to ask. I would have put it up for a vote if you asked say Sunday evening or Monday. But personally, i would have voted no.

I asked as soon as they changed the rule. Why would I ask before then? That makes no sense. It probably doesn't matter for my team this week, but this Covid rule change shit stinks to high heaven. The idea that I need to hold onto players just in case they change the rules is ridiculous. The rules really shouldn't change.

#465 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I asked as soon as they changed the rule. Why would I ask before then? That makes no sense. It probably doesn't matter for my team this week, but this Covid rule change shit stinks to high heaven. The idea that I need to hold onto players just in case they change the rules is ridiculous. The rules really shouldn't change.

it was bull they changed the rules. They said in preseason, if you have covid issues, you forefit and no pay. but they changed the rules the week before for the outbreak and that let tyreek and others play. then they changed it again with the cdc's 5 day as their excuse. There were hints the rules were going to change again when they lost 110 players that week to covid. they had lost 180 to covid in previous 15 weeks, so nfl saw writing on the wall that this week could be worse.

the reality was their rules were to harsh. But they did it to scare/bluff players to get vaccinated. the way the rules are now, pretty much all players can get clear. players can lie they are felling better. Its just an issue of them clearing the viral load screening.

#468 2 years ago

Rough week for me.
AB quitting, AJ Brown jack shit, 2 kicker points.

Gonna take a major Aaron Rodgers night.

#469 2 years ago

Down 30 points and have Cook. I doubt I win, but sucks when you can say I lost because my defense scored 1 point and my opponent's defense scores 25. That's likely the difference...ughhh

#470 2 years ago

I can't blame Deebo, he scored & they gave him a few chances for more.

#471 2 years ago

Wow at Chase!

Screenshot_20220102-181324-631 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220102-181324-631 (resized).png
#472 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Zimmer is a goner ?

Blanket party for Cousins if they lose tomorrow.

Quoted from Daditude:

Wow at Chase![quoted image]

You don’t see that very often…

#473 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Wow at Chase![quoted image]

must have bonus scoring for yardage or long td's as chase scored 57.60 on both my pinside league teams. He lead my teams to 1st and 3rd wins. 50.10 in yahoo winners league.

I think its pretty much decided in the pinside and klov leagues. 2 3rd place matches that have players going on monday. Covid really killed some chances. Cousins going out to it late killed jeffersons and cooks production. Some of the replacements came thru. amon ra st brown did it again. burrow obviously went crazy too.

I will email the leagues for where people want funds sent. I would assume back to email funds were sent from. but if you want something different, let me know.

#474 2 years ago

Rodgers & Dillon came thru again.
62-60 Championship!

Switching Folk to Zuerlien was a bad call and almost did me in.

#475 2 years ago

Congratz to Mrbill in Pinside Ballers League! I squeaked out an ugly 3rd place finish. I'd just like to say....

Dan Campbell is a liar.

Dalvin Cook is a pussy with that fake injury when they are losing BS.

Covid sucks.

Go with your gut...

I always have to say "what if?". Week 15 I was a lock for the playoffs. I was either gonna be 4th or 3rd. The 1st place team was the weakest team by total points. I knew I probably wanted to play that team in the first round of playoffs, but I also wanted to win the season high total points. Well, I won season high total points and week 15, and MrBill knocks me out in the first round the next week. I could have finished second. Oh well.....

#476 2 years ago

pending the outcome of mondays games, this should be the results. 

pinside $100+$20
the league prizes will be:
1st: $775 beantown boyz
2nd $250 Christopher's Team
3rd $125 raiders
4th $50 Cobra Kyler

congrats to the pinside weekly pool winner: kermit mahomes

the individual week winners for pinside are:
$36 jeffs team won 3 weeks
$36 beantown boys won 3 weeks
$12 raiders won 1 week
$12 mo money won 1 week
$12 christoper's team won 1 week
$12 kermit mahomes won 1 week
$12 pindevil won 1 week
$12 kevins team won 1 week
$24 Oh Saquon You See won 2 weeks.
----------------------------------------------------
$168 weekly winners total
$72 kermit mahomes winner of the weekly bonus pool ($84 total with 1 week won)
--------
$240 collected (12 x $20)

----------------------------------------------

pinside ballers $100+20
1st: $600  dolphins
2nd: $225 Kung-Fu-Frogs
3rd: $125  Baller McLuvin
4th: $50  Zeke’s Peaked

congrats to the pinside baller weekly pool winner: baller mcluvin.

the individual weekly winners for pinside ballers are:
$60 baller mcluvin won 6 weeks
$10 karate in the garage won 1 week
$10 too many dj's won 1 week
$30 kung fu frogs won 3 weeks
$10 inferno won 1 week
$20 dolphins won 2 weeks
$10 zeke's peaked won 1 week
------------------------------------------
$150 weekly winners total
$50 baller mcluvin winner of the weekly bonus pool ($110 total with 6 weeks won)
$200 collected for weekly winner pool (10 x $20)

---------------------------------------------

klov league $50+$15
1st: $390  Smashed Penis
2nd $125  Canuckcade
3rd $60   KEYSER SOZE (did not think najee could do it but he put up 36.20 and flipped it!)
4th $25   Swarmers

congrats to the klov weekly pool winner: canuckcade
so totals are
$36 : smashed penis 3 weeks
$12 : ataru 1 week
$24 : gretz 99 2 weeks
$12 : swarmers 1 week
$36 : canuckcade 3 weeks 
$12 : mcluvin 1 week
$12 : pindevil 1 week
$12 : raiders 1 week
---------------------------------
$156 weekly winner total 
$24 : canuckcade bonus $24 for winning the pool ($60 total with 3 weeks won)
$180  total ($15 x 12 teams)

#477 2 years ago

Congrats Bill !!!

#478 2 years ago

Close Calls that would have given me a loss today.
1. KC Defense/ST TD called back
2. Hunter Renfrow TD called back.

#479 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Congrats Bill !!!

thanks! It was fun. I was a struggle in the pinside league. I was lucky to get 3rd.. KLov league was endless amounts of poor choices/bad luck/injuries.

Hopefully we can do it again next year!

how many money leagues did you play in? how did you do? I played in 3. 1st, 3rd and 7th.

I am still pissed my 15-0 public team is going to loose.. Its my fault. I should have benched justin jefferson with cousins out. I went with him a kupp. I left chase and amon-ra st brown on my bench. I trusted swift in my flex over those 2.

#480 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Close Calls that would have given me a loss today.
1. KC Defense/ST TD called back
2. Hunter Renfrow TD called back.

the renfrow one was about as close as you can get. that guy barely touched his shoe...

#481 2 years ago

I’m in 2 leagues and won the consolation game in both Made a huge mistake drafting M Sanders and R Anderson in both leagues .That lead to me having to claw my way to the finish line .I’ll be back next year if you’ll have me it was fun .

#482 2 years ago

Just won my season. I did two leagues this year, one was a fun league and the other was for money. As expected, I won the league with no cash prize.

#483 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m in 2 leagues and won the consolation game in both Made a huge mistake drafting M Sanders and R Anderson in both leagues .That lead to me having to claw my way to the finish line .I’ll be back next year if you’ll have me it was fun .

all are welcome. Its always fun to play against people who try. Its no fun doing a public league and have people quit. or people who quit and cut their players. In one league, After I beat someone in the semifinals, they cut their best players. I missed out on getting mixon due to low draft status. In the end, my team cratered and I would have lost anyways, but that sucked.

I dont plan on playing in any public free leagues next year. just the yahoo winners league. I am trying to find the proper point where its competitive fun and not so much work playing for money. I think I am only going to play in $5- $10 leagues next year to see how that goes. Still going to do the pinside and klov leagues if people are interested.

#484 2 years ago

Congrats to all the winners.I played in 4 leagues this year 1st place ,3rdplace ,6th and last .CMC and Mostert can kiss my grits.

#485 2 years ago

My son and I work together in 2 leagues, only one team in each leagues to clarify. 4th in this league and 1st in the other! Can't seem to make the championship in Pinside. Made lemonade as did most everyone with Covid, etc for sure this year so all good! Looking forward to next year already!

#486 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

pending the outcome of mondays games, this should be the results. 
pinside $100+$20
1st: $775 beantown boyz
2nd $250 Christopher's Team
3rd $125 raiders (pending. 3rd and 4th could flip if landry scores 62)
4th $50 Cobra Kyler (pending. 3rd and 4th could flip if landry scores 62)
congrats to the pinside weekly pool winner: kermit mahomes
the individual week winners for pinside are:
$36 jeffs team won 3 weeks
$36 beantown boys won 3 weeks
$12 raiders won 1 week
$12 mo money won 1 week
$12 christoper's team won 1 week
$12 kermit mahomes won 1 week
$12 pindevil won 1 week
$12 kevins team won 1 week
$24 Oh Saquon You See won 2 weeks.
----------------------------------------------------
$168 weekly winners total
$72 kermit mahomes winner of the weekly bonus pool ($84 total with 1 week won)
--------
$240 collected (12 x $20)
----------------------------------------------
pinside ballers $100+20
1st: $600  dolphins
2nd: $225 Kung-Fu-Frogs
3rd: $125  Baller McLuvin
4th: $50  Zeke’s Peaked
congrats to the pinside baller weekly pool winner: baller mcluvin.
the individual weekly winners for pinside ballers are:
$60 baller mcluvin won 6 weeks
$10 karate in the garage won 1 week
$10 too many dj's won 1 week
$30 kung fu frogs won 3 weeks
$10 inferno won 1 week
$20 dolphins won 2 weeks
$10 zeke's peaked won 1 week
$150 weekly winners total
$50 baller mcluvin winner of the weekly bonus pool ($110 total with 6 weeks won)
$200 collected for weekly winner pool (10 x $20)
---------------------------------------------
klov league $50+$15
1st: $390  Smashed Penis
2nd $125  Canuckcade
3rd $60   Swarmers (pending. 3rd and 4th could flip if najee harris scores 30)
4th $25   KEYSER SOZE (pending. 3rd and 4th could flip if najee harris scores 30)
congrats to the klov weekly pool winner: canuckcade
so totals are
$36 : smashed penis 3 weeks
$12 : ataru 1 week
$24 : gretz 99 2 weeks
$12 : swarmers 1 week
$36 : canuckcade 3 weeks 
$12 : mcluvin 1 week
$12 : pindevil 1 week
$12 : raiders 1 week
$156 weekly winner total 
$24 : canuckcade bonus $24 for winning the pool ($60 total with 3 weeks won)
$180  total ($15 x 12 teams)

By the way, that's a HUGE drop off from 1st to 2nd....sucks for me, being top ranked team all year and choking and only getting $250 compared to $775. I can see double the amount from 1st to 2nd but this sucks balls. Congrats beantown boyz

#487 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

Its no fun doing a public league and have people quit. or people who quit and cut their players. In one league, After I beat someone in the semifinals, they cut their best players. I missed out on getting mixon due to low draft status. In the end, my team cratered and I would have lost anyways, but that sucked.

Don't we have a rule preventing managers from doing that? That's essentially sabotaging the playoffs.

#488 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Don't we have a rule preventing managers from doing that? That's essentially sabotaging the playoffs.

That’s what a commish should do. But this was a public league, so you can’t do anything about it.

Quoted from cscmtp:

By the way, that's a HUGE drop off from 1st to 2nd....sucks for me, being top ranked team all year and choking and only getting $250 compared to $775. I can see double the amount from 1st to 2nd but this sucks balls. Congrats beantown boyz

As for 2nd place vs 1st, we can adjust that next time. I probably should have made it more in the 12 team for 2nd, but I think I made a math error, I had thought $750 and $275. But I was a little distracted with setting up the 2nd league.

But after all, it’s about winners! In the immortal words of Sean connery:

#489 2 years ago

almost all funds sent! I had some minor hiccups on a few people, so I emailed them. here are people I emailed:

pinside:
mo money: let me know if there is a better way to send you funds to avoid fees. If its ok, to just send it, let me know.

pinside ballers:
too many dj's: donated $10 to pinside in your name as you requested.

#490 2 years ago

All funds have now been sent. If you did not get what you won pm or email me. thanks for playing. Lets see if we can play again next year.

6 months later
#491 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

All funds have now been sent. If you did not get what you won pm or email me. thanks for playing. Lets see if we can play again next year.

Isn't it about time we start sorting out the 2022 Season?

I'm trying to figure out how I can go see a game in Vegas for less than $100 per ticket and it looks like it's pre-season for me

#492 1 year ago

Bill are you going to run a league again,I want in.

#493 1 year ago

I'm in for all 3 and if there is a 4th, I'm probably in for that one too. That KLOV league is tough...

#494 1 year ago

I was taken to school last year,much different than my other league as far as drafting.

#495 1 year ago

I will make sure all are open I will send out emails to all. Start a thead to get confirmation of players.

If you guys think there should be any changes, feel free to speak up. your welcome to play in the yahoo leagues and or the nfl league.

busy now with cax, but I will make sure the teams are open.

I just opened all 3 leagues and sent out emails. will set the draft time soon. it will be friday, saturday, or sunday the week before the 1st game. Normally at 6:30 pst.

#496 1 year ago

I'm back again

#497 1 year ago

I am in but would like to be in more leagues if theres a spot

#499 1 year ago

What do you folks think about t-shirts for first and last place? Pinside pics required obviously. I think a custom T is like $20 or so. It could be fun...

#500 1 year ago

I am in for as many leagues as possible this year, thanks for organizing as always, Bill.

There are 533 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2021-pinside-fantasy-football/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.