You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210912-144358 (resized).png
zeke (resized).PNG
butthurt (resized).PNG
70FEEAA5-06FB-4A9A-8578-805C45716259 (resized).png
pinsideffl (resized).PNG

There are 186 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 34 days ago

Its fantasy football time again. I sent all last years managers a funds request. Currently the pinside league is full, but you never know when someone has to drop out. I have someone waiting in the KLOV league who also wants to play on pinside.

New this year were adding a weekly high score winner($12). Also adding a high score winner after week 15($60).

pinside is a $100 league on yahoo with another $20 going to fund the weekly winner element. Draft is live 9/6 at 6:30 pst

On klov, its a $50 league with a $15 weekly winner on nfl.com. Draft is live 9/6 at 6:30 pst. Currently that league is full, but since the funds request just went out, thats when people decide if they want to play or not. If you want to play in either league feel free to PM me. I will let you know if there is any openings.

If there is a ton of interest to play, I can always setup another league. There are some pinsiders who want to do bigger prize league. So if there are some high rollers, maybe we can make one league for you guys!

#2 34 days ago

Sounds good, if you want to set up another Pinside FF league or if someone wants to do a pick 'em or survivor, I'm in.

#3 34 days ago

Hey Bill,
Put me in if you get a spot.
Thanks
Mike

#4 34 days ago

I'm already in a couple of leagues, but if you need to get another one going...count me in.

#5 34 days ago

Are you guys already in the pinside or klov leagues (I know guido is)

I have no problem creating another league just let me know what you want, how many teams (10 or 12) and for how much. and what software (espn, yahoo, nfl). Also best draft day. I am commish in 3 leagues . all draft 6:30 pst friday, saturday and sunday. the friday league I do it for some college guys so I could move them to earlier as they are back east.

current settings are full point ppr:

1 Quarterback (QB)
3 Wide Receiver (WR)
2 Running Back (RB)
1 Tight End (TE)
1 Wide Receiver/Running Back/Tight End (W/R/T)
1 Kicker (K)
1 Defense
7 bench
1 ir slot

6 team playoffs (top 2 get bye into semi finals.) If you want to do 2 week playoffs(top 4 play for the money rest in consolation) both nfl and espn support that. I like 2 weeks playoffs as if one of yours players has a bad game/gets hurt you still have a chance. nothing worse than having a great team and your top rb, wr, or qb goes down early.

#6 34 days ago

I can fill a spot if 1 opens up.

#7 32 days ago

I created a new league for pinside, called pinside flippers. I set draft for monday 9/6 at 6:30 pst. Its currently the same settings as the other pinside league. I have it set for 10 players. But if there is enough interest, I will make a 12 team league. If it goes to 12, then playoffs will be switched to 6 teams with top 2 teams getting a bye.

I was thinking making it a $240 League. Since I am doing it with all the other leagues, doing a weekly winner with $40 for that part. Top scoring team for the week will win $20($24 if its 12 teams) and the highest scoring team for season week 15 will get $100 ($120 if 12 teams).

prizes will be if 12 team
1st: $1550
2nd $500
3rd $250
4th $100

if 10 team, then
prizes will be
1st: $1250
2nd $425
3rd $225
4th $100

If you think $240 is too much, we can adjust for less.Whatever you want to do. The other pinside league is $120 12 team. currently there are 3 teams who have no funded their team in regular pinside league. I am sure they will all return, but you never know.

So if you want to play in the new league, Feel free to join. vote on any changes you want to do. Any changes will be considered. I guess if only 8 people end up joining, we can do an 8 team league, but Max will be 12.

the league join link is

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/1060450/invitation?key=2d8d8f00ce233fca&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=51d2717741b4ec5b

Added 25 days ago:

this is going to be a $100 +$20 league not as suggested above.

#8 31 days ago

3 of 10 have signed up for pinside ballers. If any of you know of people who want to play, pass the link along. If people want to play and think its too much, I have not requested for funds. So say want works and we can adjust down if needed. klov is a $65 league, pinside is $120. this one I suggested $240 as many of the pinsiders want to do more money.

#9 30 days ago

someone had to drop out, so there is an opening on the nfl.com league that I setup for klov. If you want to play there, its a $50 league with $15 for the weekly winner so a total of $65.

the join link is

Join Here: http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/privateleaguejoin?leagueId=1886567
League ID: 1886567
League Password: arcade

#10 30 days ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

someone had to drop out, so there is an opening on the nfl.com league that I setup for klov. If you want to play there, its a $50 league with $15 for the weekly winner so a total of $65.
the join link is
Join Here: http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/privateleaguejoin?leagueId=1886567
League ID: 1886567
League Password: arcade

I just joined. Thanks!

#11 29 days ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

3 of 10 have signed up for pinside ballers. If any of you know of people who want to play, pass the link along. If people want to play and think its too much, I have not requested for funds. So say want works and we can adjust down if needed. klov is a $65 league, pinside is $120. this one I suggested $240 as many of the pinsiders want to do more money.

You can probably stick a fork in this one I'm guessing. If you guys want to consider bumping the original league a birt more, I'm game. Though I wouldn't want to lose anybody already in because of it.

#12 28 days ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

You can probably stick a fork in this one I'm guessing. If you guys want to consider bumping the original league a birt more, I'm game. Though I wouldn't want to lose anybody already in because of it.

12 teams is enough.. I’ve done 14 teams in the past and is slim pickings after round 7
Maybe do another pinside league at $120 or $100

#13 28 days ago

I'll play

#14 28 days ago
Quoted from PappaDubz:

12 teams is enough.. I’ve done 14 teams in the past and is slim pickings after round 7
Maybe do another pinside league at $120 or $100

Yeah, I meant bump the buy-in not participants. We were trying to get a second league going but seems to be a lack of interest. I just messaged via Yahoo the idea of maybe doing an optional baller bonus buy-in in the existing league. We'll see what everyone thinks.

#15 28 days ago

I am sure people in the other league might go for more, but since its funded, I would not want to pressure them for more. At some point it changes from fun to work as buy in goes up.

If people want to join and play for less, feel free to join and add your voice to it. We could do 8 teams, 10 would be great, but I think the real sweet spot is 12. Anything more than 12 and then your hoping for 3rd down backs and 4th wr's to score..

here is the join link

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/1060450/invitation?key=2d8d8f00ce233fca&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=51d2717741b4ec5b

#16 28 days ago

How about actually talking about fantasy football. Draft strategies, busts, sleepers, etc. Last year my number one pick was CMC and well that didn’t pan out too well. He’s RB1 again, do you draft him if your the first pick?

#17 28 days ago

I would consider it. Cmc did come back to play the last 2 games. The bigger question mark is my pick sequan Barkley. How far will he fall before someone takes him?

This year a bunch of wr’s are starting out iffy..

#18 28 days ago

Saquon drops to about 6th.CMC,Dalvin Cook and Henry split the 1st pick.I know its not news.1st receiver T.Hill

#19 28 days ago

Does Jameis help or hurt Kamara's production this year?

#20 28 days ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Does Jameis help or hurt Kamara's production this year?

hurt,

#21 28 days ago

Jameis will put up some offense on you. He is just a turnover machine. He will be an upgrade over the last couple of seasons of worn out Brees as far as offensive production for anyone relying on such. But he will 100% turn that ball over.

#22 28 days ago

I think Jamis' INT talk is a little overblown.
He threw 30 in a season in one season, before that INT were comparable to Brees

#23 28 days ago

Man, I watched a lot of him that last season he was in Tampa, and he was a total turnover monster. Picks, fumbles, it didn't matter.

#24 28 days ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Man, I watched a lot of him that last season he was in Tampa, and he was a total turnover monster. Picks, fumbles, it didn't matter.

Agreed but it was also Bruce Arians first year and new offense.
I mean it has to get better throwing 150 passes 2 yards to Kamara

#25 28 days ago

and with M thomas out Kamara may get his touches so I withdraw my hurt comment.

#26 27 days ago

Barkley was a total chump for my team a few years ago and I wouldn’t draft him again.

#27 27 days ago

That Patterson guy doesn’t look like anything special

#28 27 days ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Barkley was a total chump for my team a few years ago and I wouldn’t draft him again.

You keep thinking that. I traded big time for Dalvin Cook one season. He was done a couple weeks later. I don’t hold that against him. He’s paid off big time for me since then.

#29 27 days ago

Beginner here doing my first draft next week! Any tips, guides, or resources would be amazing.

#30 27 days ago
Quoted from arbitrio:

Beginner here doing my first draft next week! Any tips, guides, or resources would be amazing.

Get familiar with the platform. Do a practice draft or 2.

#31 27 days ago
Quoted from arbitrio:

know your league scoring and get used to the draft engine with mock drafts. use your que in case you get logged out. Just keep in mind that top of que will be picked if you dont select.

dont waste high pics on defense and kickers. but if you wait until the last 2 picks, you might have little choice. Pay attention to who is actually there at the draft. If its a bunch of autopicks, they are are pretty much going to take the top guy in the que.

#32 25 days ago

I just joined the pinside ballers league. Looks like there are some slots still open. I'm cool with dropping the buy in if that will attract a few more people. Or run with a smaller league....

#33 24 days ago
Quoted from pindevil:

I just joined the pinside ballers league. Looks like there are some slots still open. I'm cool with dropping the buy in if that will attract a few more people. Or run with a smaller league....

Yes, I agree. I know a few want to play for more, but thats hard to do when people are thinking of starting. so Officially, the pinside ballers league will be. $100 + $20 for the weekly winner portion. So a total of $120. Maybe next year we can find players to fund the 2nd league for people who want to play for more.

Currently, we are at 6. Hopefully we can get to 10, ideally I will add 2 slots to 12. But worse case, we can reduce to 8.

based on 12, here is what the prizes would be for 1-4:
1st: $775
2nd $250
3rd $125
4th $50

$20, we can have a weekly high score winner for 15 weeks(if all play, its $12 weekly). Then the highest scoring team at end of week 15 will get the $5 bonus( $60 for high score end week 15 if all play).

To keep things friendly, I like 4th place getting 1/2 back. I think we can do 4th with 10, But If we do 8 teams, probably drop 4th place. Obviously the prizes will be different with 10 or 8 teams.

The join link is below of pinside ballers. Copy and paste it to friends who want to join. As soon as the league fills and is funded, I will randomize the draft. I got 9th in the original pinside league. I got 7th in the klov league.

#34 21 days ago

were currently at 7 teams in the 2nd pinside league pinside ballers. we could play with 1 more, But I would hope we can get to 10 or 12. If you want to play, the info to join and the buy in/prize info is in the message above!

the draft is live on Mon Sep 6 6:30pm PDT.

#35 20 days ago

I’m in! Lets get some more peeps out there. Mr. Bill does a fantastic job setting these up as I have played a few years…I’m dead money so don’t be scared!

#36 20 days ago
Quoted from jalkelly:

I’m in! Lets get some more peeps out there. Mr. Bill does a fantastic job setting these up as I have played a few years…I’m dead money so don’t be scared!

Yes, MrBill is very active/responsive. You will know how good you are because 3/4 of the managers ain't f'n around. It's much more fun when most everyone is trying/competent. And contrary to popular belief, you can recover from a shi**y draft

Come on! 5 more teams. Because 12 is better than 10....

#37 20 days ago

ok I am in as Jamesus

#38 20 days ago

thanks for the kind words! Its not that much work, I just I get confused when people send me funds and forget to give me a team and league name! sometimes fantasy football emails and paypal emails are different. What really kills my time is trying to figure out who to draft. But once you prepare for one, how much more work is draft 5 teams.

were at 8 players now. I think we can go forward with that. Hopefully we can get a few more. If for some reason we dont, we can always play with added players. Maybe add another W/r/t. or do a W/r/t/q option if we stay at 8.

I will email all directly. From the league. If you dont get an email, post here.

I also started a new thead in the message board within the league.

#39 17 days ago

One last call for players.. Were still at 8 teams. Draft is less than a week away. if you want to play feel free to join

#40 16 days ago

Bill, not to be morbid, but if something were to happen to you, what happens with the leagues/money? Is there a co-commish?

#41 16 days ago

I think we are at 9

#42 16 days ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Bill, not to be morbid, but if something were to happen to you, what happens with the leagues/money? Is there a co-commish?

I would hope the league would go on, and at end of season my brother could take care of payouts. I know these leagues now offer automated collections and payments. They take a small cut out of it. Maybe next year we can do that route. Anyone use those collections in their fantasy leagues? As for adding a 2nd commish, I would be open to that. Any volunteers?

So far funds in for 3 of 9. We added a 9th, so that’s great, be we need an even number of teams. So hopefully we can find another to play! Worse case, I can ask/force a friend of mine to play.

As I said in my email, I added a bench spot and a 2nd w/r/t. If we do get to 12 (I can add 2 more teams if needed), I will delete the added bench and w/r/t to match the other pinside league.

#43 16 days ago

Payment sent!

#44 16 days ago

Funds in for 6 of 9 teams. Draft is Monday 6:30 pst

#45 13 days ago

Anybody need another body in a league? Hit me up. One of my leagues is on life support so I'm about to dump it. It's easy money but they haven't even collected buy-ins yet. It's about as fun as a wet fart....

#46 13 days ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

I would hope the league would go on, and at end of season my brother could take care of payouts. I know these leagues now offer automated collections and payments. They take a small cut out of it. Maybe next year we can do that route. Anyone use those collections in their fantasy leagues? As for adding a 2nd commish, I would be open to that. Any volunteers?

If you want some help, I'll do it. I don't know anything about being a commish, but tell me what to do, and I'll do it.

#47 13 days ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

If you want some help, I'll do it. I don't know anything about being a commish, but tell me what to do, and I'll do it.

Comish is nothing to do. After setup, it should be automatic. All scoring, trading, corrections are done automatically. Last year it was a it more work, as I was offering to swap COVID players. Now, if a person has COVID in your starting lineup, I am pretty sure you can pull him out and put him back on the bench.

The only real thing a commish might have to do is fix accidental drops or people dumping their team. I also once had to block a trade when one kid was trying to trade like 3 top players for garbage on another team. After I put them back, he said he was just pranking a friend.

#48 12 days ago

I’ll jump in as the 10th team if the trade veto vote # is bumped to 6 (it’s 3 right now). In the 2019 league I saw several fair trades vetoed for no real reason other than guys not wanting other teams to improve.

#49 12 days ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

I’ll jump in as the 10th team if the trade veto vote # is bumped to 6 (it’s 3 right now). In the 2019 league I saw several fair trades vetoed for no real reason other than guys not wanting other teams to improve.

That's fine with me.

#50 12 days ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

Me too!

There are 186 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside