Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 305 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by j_m_
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8964.jpg
    IMG_8963.jpg
    IMG_8962.jpg
    IMG_8961.jpg
    IMG_8960.jpg
    IMG_8959.jpg
    IMG_8958.jpg
    IMG_8957.jpg
    IMG_8914.jpg
    IMG_8894.jpg
    IMG_8922.jpg
    IMG_8942.jpg
    IMG_8940.jpg
    IMG_8939.jpg
    IMG_8905.jpg
    IMG_8908.jpg
    There are 305 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
    #53 2 years ago

Not everyone disagrees with you. Most people just prefer to say nothing.

#54 2 years ago

First of all...

Screenshot_20210810-220657 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210810-220657 (resized).png
    #55 2 years ago

Wow that spun out of control on so many levels. Me sorry.
    Anywho I understand patz decision to postpone. I would’ve preferred to do it that this year too, but can’t. Or we end up like banning. So some rules have to be put in place (vaccinated) to allow a safe event, for all involved.

#57 2 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Wow that spun out of control on so many levels. Me sorry.
    Anywho I understand patz decision to postpone. I would’ve preferred to do it that this year too, but can’t. Or we end up like banning. So some rules have to be put in place (vaccinated) to allow a safe event, for all involved.

Clay, I said my piece. Hell no, I don't want to see your VFW fail. I just disagree with your vaccination mandate. I will be happy to buy a ticket and donate it to someone who could use a boost and have some fun.

1 week later
    #64 2 years ago

Posted today: Tourney Event now cancelled for Fremont

Quoted from GravitaR:

For those that like tournament play the PATZ tournies are being relocated and worked on to take place in Fremont. Details and updates on this Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/822934868655414/?active_tab=discussion

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #65 2 years ago

Life is about choices and consequences. If Clay was crying broke, he could be doing that pathetic Go Fund Me crap everyone else has been done. Have you seen it or even had it implied? Even once? No.

VFW is a PRIVATE collection and as such can deem the terms of admittance. And did your selfish ass ever think that it might be about more than just you? What if your clearly superior immune system prevents you from getting COVID but you pass it on to others attending. There are members of the VFW that are in the high risk population and they all work the event.

Stop with the "government kool aid" garbage. You stupid ass is the one that is likely to be in a refrigerated trailer serving as a temporary morgue because you refuse proven treatments. Ban me temporarily if you have to mods, but this sort of stupidity and unwarranted attack because baby can't play with his toys on his own terms is infuriating.

#67 2 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

Life is about choices and consequences. If Clay was crying broke, he could be doing that pathetic Go Fund Me crap everyone else has been done. Have you seen it or even had it implied? Even once? No.

You say "GoFundMe," I say "Kickstarter." Same thing.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/52228098/ann-arbor-pinball-museum-wants-to-open?ref=home_location

#68 2 years ago

Not really. I was noting did he have his hand out during COVID. And, nice to resurrect a post from almost 10 years ago that was for a project to start the VFW. Not maintain. Not buy new games. Not to keep the doors open. But you keep grinding that axe.

#72 2 years ago

Here's an idea Maybe clay should just up the membership fees to raise the money he needs to keep the place going let the members bear the cost like any other private club and anything he gets from the limited show he can use towards improvements new games etc.

#74 2 years ago

The gofukme thing is evil. at the time we BOUGHT the vfw (with cash, no mortgage) and were forced into all the expenses to make it into what it needed to be, yea, we were a bit shy of money in the end. I mean if you had to fork over nearly a 1/4 mill to buy the place and build it out, that last bit of cash needed for the roof was really pushing the financial means of a said individual... but i will never ever do that kickshitter thing again. that was the *worst* thing we ever did. what a shite show of crap. As for all these other individuals doing their covid lack of money funding things (can you say pinball pete?), that's their business. But we're not going down *that* road. i would rather just fold the project.

As for requiring vaccination, hey that's just smart policy imho. i'm not burying any more friends (or enemies) from the covid things *i* can control. already too many covid deaths and "long covids" in pinball, we are not contributing to that crap show. if you refuse to get vaccinated that's your foolishness, but don't come to my house with your BS and spread it to my peeps. go somewhere else and play pinball. There's lots of other options for you to play. But don't complain that you can't come here to play. It's *your* choice to not get vaccinated, you deal with it.

As for masks, robot911 is right... it's hard to get that policy to work. and nearly everyone does not wear a mask correctly (or the right mask.) Heck you can throw me into that group. i like the mask my lady made for me, but it's hardly an n95 mask...

#76 2 years ago

I've been noticing that the fairgrounds is still letting many other events take place that are really no different then the PATZ show. Anybody have any insight on that?

John

#77 2 years ago

Not wasting my time. He's on ignore and I hope he does the same for me.

#78 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

I've been noticing that the fairgrounds is still letting many other events take place that are really no different then the PATZ show. Anybody have any insight on that?

I'd call/visit the fairgrounds office and see since you are real close by. Or...Just could talk to the organizer of the event directly.

#81 2 years ago

What is your deal with the VFW? Do you realize that cfh is not Turkish, nor has he ever smoke Camel cigarettes, correct?

#82 2 years ago

For all your vfw needs please post them in the appropriate thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-michigan-vfw-pinball-show

and leave this thread only for the Pinball at the Zoo!!

#85 2 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

For all your vfw needs please post them in the appropriate thread
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-arbor-michigan-vfw-pinball-show
    and leave this thread only for the Pinball at the Zoo!!

In case this was missed

#87 2 years ago

Me too. I can't wait for it to get back into my yearly pinball happenings calendar, whenever that may be. I miss it badly.

4 months later
    #90 2 years ago

Any chance for a PATZ show this year? I need to put in time off from work.

#91 2 years ago

I hope! Just was trying to figure out what game to bring.

#92 2 years ago

Really hoping PATZ makes it through Covid. My dad and I have gone every year since 2008-ish i think. The smaller scale and casual atmosphere of this show is great.

#93 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gort:

Any chance for a PATZ show this year? I need to put in time off from work.

We are fully planning on a show this year and would be surprised if it doesn't happen. Obviously the world can change, but the plan is for it to happen again this year!

1 month later
    #94 2 years ago

Bump. Two months out.

1 week later
    #96 2 years ago

Any word on an auction?

#97 2 years ago

Any show specials from zach or trent?

1 week later
    #98 2 years ago

Bring back the youth tournament

#99 2 years ago

We are getting closer and closer to showtime! I'm sure you all are excited for April 21-23! But we do need your help. As always, if you're able to, we'd love to have your games at the show! Bringing a game gets you FREE admission into the show. Also, we could use tournament games still. If you want to provide a tournament game, please message us!

I've heard some pretty great games may be on the way to Kalamazoo for the show....

#100 2 years ago

I’ll have at least 6 games there and then one in the tournament

Quoted from harmon1728:

We are getting closer and closer to showtime! I'm sure you all are excited for April 21-23! But we do need your help. As always, if you're able to, we'd love to have your games at the show! Bringing a game gets you FREE admission into the show. Also, we could use tournament games still. If you want to provide a tournament game, please message us!
    I've heard some pretty great games may be on the way to Kalamazoo for the show....

There are 305 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2021-patz-april-15-17-2021/page/2?hl=michigandad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.