(Topic ID: 301280)

2021 Houston Arcade & Pinball Expo - Nov. 12-14

By BD_Designs

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20211121-201842-404 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    B9C479F5-56E1-44E0-B35D-8254B9BD9E6E (resized).jpeg
    B525C762-CB27-4268-A3CB-CC53EC89FCD2 (resized).jpeg
    EC4FC851-F015-4EE2-BFD7-3710775B24EB (resized).jpeg
    D2726A6A-186F-4E37-80D9-02D788086668 (resized).jpeg
    20211112_015002 (resized).jpg
    20211112_014825 (resized).jpg
    20211112_014820 (resized).jpg
    20211112_014805 (resized).jpg
    20211112_014804 (resized).jpg
    20211112_014726 (resized).jpg
    20211112_014401(0) (resized).jpg
    20211112_013850 (resized).jpg
    20211112_013820(0) (resized).jpg
    20211112_013428 (resized).jpg
    There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Just stopped working on games at midnight. Trying to make Keith's 32 pins as reliable as possible for the show.

Your efforts are appreciated!

#52 2 years ago

Thank you. I hope they play as well as I am hoping they will. Trying to nick pick everything.

#53 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

By this time next week, I’ll be on the road to Houston! (I go early and get settled in the hotel and what not)

if you get there in time, we have a tournament Wednesday night at Einstein's Arcade and Pub, and another Thursday night at the EinSteins in Katy. pm me if you need more info.

marc

#54 2 years ago
    Quoted from chiefbrody:

if you get there in time, we have a tournament Wednesday night at Einstein's Arcade and Pub, and another Thursday night at the EinSteins in Katy. pm me if you need more info.
    marc

Einstein's Arcade and Pub has some really nice game and is a cool place. Check it out if you have time.

#55 2 years ago

Anyone know what vendors will be in Houston. I need to liquidate some funds ASAP. If not the IRS get's it.

5 days to go....Whoop Whoop.

#56 2 years ago

I'm not seeing pinball part vendors on the list.

Don't forget, there is a swap meet outside in the parking lot on Saturday 8am to noon.

#57 2 years ago

I'm not seeing pinball part vendors on the list.
    Don't forget, there is a swap meet outside in the parking lot on Saturday 8am to noon.

ahhhh, didnt know that.....if Friday goes as planned I will be going to bed at 4am....8am comes early...lol

#58 2 years ago

Sure is a lot of info on the show website for all those who do not visit outside of Pinside.
    http://www.arcadecenter.com/index.php/swapmeet/

#59 2 years ago
    Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

ahhhh, didnt know that.....if Friday goes as planned I will be going to bed at 4am....8am comes early...lol

You should pace yourself since you can also stay up late Saturday night!

#60 2 years ago

You should pace yourself since you can also stay up late Saturday night!

go hard or go home...lol

#61 2 years ago
    Quoted from kciaccio:

You can walk freely drinking a beer at HAAG.

2018 the hotel had an issue with that because they were selling alcohol. I didnt get a chnace to go in 2019 since we just opened the arcade a few months earlier.

#62 2 years ago
    Quoted from Blindseer:

2018 the hotel had an issue with that because they were selling alcohol. I didnt get a chnace to go in 2019 since we just opened the arcade a few months earlier.

Ah, I would go up to my room and put a beer in a koozie and nobody messed with me in the expo drinking it in 2019..

I imagine if you walked around with half a case in your hand maybe they would say something..lol

#63 2 years ago

Any good places to eat close by the hotel?

#64 2 years ago

The Thai and Italian places next door are good. There's a Mexican place, too, something about empanadas, but I haven't tried them. Rio Ranch is a block or so, more up$cale.

#65 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Any good places to eat close by the hotel?

There's a Pappasitos, a Chuys, and an El Tiempo all within a few miles.

#66 2 years ago
    Quoted from Travahontas:

There's a Pappasitos, a Chuys, and an El Tiempo all within a few miles.

Pappasitos all the way, hands down.

Who want to go eat there with ol davey and me??

#67 2 years ago

Pappasitos all the way, hands down.

So you have 1 to 2 hours to wait just to get seated?

#69 2 years ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #70 2 years ago
    Quoted from kciaccio:

I tried Titan Pinball and they are not going this year either...

Any other venders going?

I'm going to the show - but only as an attendee. Not bringing product because; well as it's been said; this is a party show... and I want to party safely.
    No fun being tied to a booth.

#71 2 years ago
    Quoted from kciaccio:

2019 they shut down the convention part by 11...

Not true at all.
    I think it goes until like 2am.
    TPF usually closes on Saturday night at ?midnight? to give the exhibitors who bring games their own time with the machines. For ?2hrs? or is it 1. I forget with my old man memory. Wanna party until 2am? bring a game.

#72 2 years ago

I'll be bringing my STTNG if there are any Star Trek fans out there.

#73 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Not true at all.
    I think it goes until like 2am.
    TPF usually closes on Saturday night at ?midnight? to give the exhibitors who bring games their own time with the machines. For ?2hrs? or is it 1. I forget with my old man memory. Wanna party until 2am? bring a game.

I have not been to it. It was just feedback a couple guys told me that go to it while I was at the 2019 Houston Expo.

#74 2 years ago
    Quoted from mikeflan:

I'll be bringing my STTNG if there are any Star Trek fans out there.

Big fan!!!!

#75 2 years ago

So you have 1 to 2 hours to wait just to get seated?

Who knows.....I will sit at the bar and drink and eat. or we have some drinks and wait 1 hour....

#76 2 years ago

Who knows.....I will sit at the bar and drink and eat. or we have some drinks and wait 1 hour....

Only if you go at peak times. There are so many good places to go I seldom wait anymore.

#77 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Only if you go at peak times. There are so many good places to go I seldom wait anymore.

We should do a dinner somewhere....wanna do it??

#78 2 years ago

We can do that….just have to decide if we want organize a large group or a small group…kind of gets hard to organize a large group as peoples schedules don’t always line up. What day are you coming in?

My Friday night is shot….wife bought tickets to Ron White over a year ago and was canceled because of Covid and new date is finally this Friday. Will hit the show after.

Looking forward to seeing everyone….it’s been too long!

#79 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

We can do that….just have to decide if we want organize a large group or a small group…kind of gets hard to organize a large group as peoples schedules don’t always line up. What day are you coming in?
    My Friday night is shot….wife bought tickets to Ron White over a year ago and was canceled because of Covid and new date is finally this Friday. Will hit the show after.
    Looking forward to seeing everyone….it’s been too long!

small group of 4-6 be fun.

I grew up near you in Clear Lake...small world.

Ronnie White is a texas boy...lol

#80 2 years ago

Anyone interested in a JJP Dialed in standard edition? If there is any interest I can bring to swap meet. I'm asking 7k. If I'm not allowed to post a for sale post within a forum let me know and I will remove.

#81 2 years ago

I don't see the swap meet being an ideal place for sale of a working game. Project games are more suited for the swap meet.

Why not put the Dialed In in the free play area and get a free weekend pass? Today is the last day to sign up games.

There is only a small group of people who will even see this thread as it is.

Impulse buyers will be in the free play area.

#82 2 years ago

I don't see the swap meet being an ideal place for sale of a working game. Project games are more suited for the swap meet.
    Why not put the Dialed In in the free play area and get a free weekend pass? Today is the last

Why not put the Dialed In in the free play area and get a free weekend pass? Today is the last day to sign up games.
    There is only a small group of people who will even see this thread as it is.
    Impulse buyers will be in the free play area.

Not sure how the freeplay area works. I'm open to it. I would just need a dolly and help setting up...jjps are heavy

#83 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mcgringoloco:

Not sure how the freeplay area works. I'm open to it. I would just need a dolly and help setting up...jjps are heavy

People (I) would love to have a Dialed In to check out!

Here's the page with info on bringing your game: http://www.arcadecenter.com/index.php/games/

#84 2 years ago

The entire EXPO is free play and plenty of help unloading at expo. Only a limited area of games for tournaments not open to everybody not in the tournament.

#85 2 years ago
    Quoted from Travahontas:

People (I) would love to have a Dialed In to check out!
    Here's the page with info on bringing your game: http://www.arcadecenter.com/index.php/games/

It's on the list of free play games now... I will see how this goes... if anyone can help me unload the game and possibly set it up it'll be appreciated. Not sure how busy or crowded the dock is Thursday after 5. If no help I can probably get some help.

#86 2 years ago

It's on the list of free play games now... I will see how this goes... if anyone can help me unload the game and possibly set it up it'll be appreciated. Not sure how busy or crowded the dock is Thursday after 5. If no help I can probably get some help.

I can def help you. I will be up there Thursday dropping off and setting up games. Ton of people willing to help their fellow arcade peeps! Send me a message and I can give you my contact info so you can let me know when you arrive. Dialed In will be a fantastic game to have on the floor.

#87 2 years ago
    Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

I can def help you. I will be up there Thursday dropping off and setting up games. Ton of people willing to help their fellow arcade peeps! Send me a message and I can give you my contact info so you can let me know when you arrive. Dialed In will be a fantastic game to have on the floor.

Thany you,, Sent you a message, if this goes smooth I could bring more games next year.

#88 2 years ago

Given proximity to the expo, I'm not going to officially announce the following exclusive product until Sunday night as I have a Pinball Show in Houston TX this coming weekend. I don't want a bunch of people ordering product until I have a chance to actually pack them. That said; if someone wanted order a few for delivery at the show... you can send me a PM so we can discuss. You can order from the site at any point. Just keep in mind that I may not be able to ship until Monday - best case.

http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/body-p-9.html
    LollyPop Early Solid State Pop Bumper BodiesLollyPop Early Solid State Pop Bumper Bodies
    http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/bumper-p-14.html
    LollyPop Early Solid State Pop Bumper CapsLollyPop Early Solid State Pop Bumper Caps

Teal colors have been added to the bases and skirts:
    http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/bumper-base-p-10.html
    http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/bumper-skirt-p-43.html

Any show orders would need to "approved" via PM and paid for BY noon on Thursday. No exceptions.
    There is no "ship to show" option on our site; so you HAVE TO PM ME by noon for me to know your order is a show delivery.

#89 2 years ago

Load in starts at NOON tomorrow, 11/11 !!!!!!!

I hope everyone has their games signed up.

#90 2 years ago

if this goes smooth I could bring more games next year.

Now THAT'S what I like to hear!!

#91 2 years ago

Are there new show hours this year?!?
    They now have a 10-2pm listing for Sunday.
    We never stayed until 2pm at the show. It was always "done" Saturday night and only loadout occurred on Sunday. We were always on the road by 10:30/11am on Sunday.
    I can't stay until 2pm on Sunday and neither can my game. I expect to be back in Austin by 2pm.

Answered my own question - 2019:
    Day 3 - 2019Day 3 - 2019

2021:
    Day 3 - 2021Day 3 - 2021

So; yeah ... umm. Why the change?
    I'm going to need to figure out how to breakdown and vacate before the show opens on Sunday?

#92 2 years ago

Keith is the one to ask. He runs this show. It has been advertised as 3 days for a year now.

#93 2 years ago

It has been advertised as 3 days for a year now.

Maybe; but as an exhibitor/game bringer... I never look at the ads or main site except to hit the hotel info.
    Yeah; I'm shocked this was extended without clear emails. That said; I'm pretty sure I never get the emails anyway.

Even post#1 has no clear indication the game room is open on Sunday. Says vendor and exhibitors... not the game room.
    OR that there are new hours.

Feel like this was "Sprung" on us without any clear discussion or input.

#94 2 years ago

Load in starts in 4 hrs. It will be a colorful show.

#95 2 years ago

Load in starts in 4 hrs. It will be a colorful show.

send us some pics...we are so ready for a show.....

#96 2 years ago

send us some pics...we are so ready for a show.....

Alien is locked and loaded..

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #97 2 years ago
    Quoted from kciaccio:

Alien is locked and loaded..
    [quoted image]

Hell Yes.....should I bring my pinstadiums to play with ??? they are just sitting in a box.

#98 2 years ago

Hell Yes.....should I bring my pinstadiums to play with ??? they are just sitting in a box.

Mine are already on..

received_310845650862530 (resized).jpegreceived_310845650862530 (resized).jpeg
    #99 2 years ago
    Quoted from kciaccio:

Mine are already on..[quoted image]

VIP spot.....nicely done.

Beacons and a lighted apron coming soon.. hehe

#100 2 years ago

I hope you don’t want to play a Godzilla. They only have a few! Lol

547D94EC-4BA9-4F64-B391-805D03C1E502 (resized).jpeg547D94EC-4BA9-4F64-B391-805D03C1E502 (resized).jpeg
    There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2021-houston-arcade-amp-pinball-expo-nov-12-14/page/2?hl=emspence and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.