Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Ockeyhead
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rps20210913_141435 (resized).jpg
    #1 2 years ago

September 25th, at Cointaker. Sponsored by Stern. I first caught wind of this event on Facebook. Looks like a great time, and the wife wants to attend as well! Who else will be attending?

#2 2 years ago
    Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

September 25th, at Cointaker. Sponsored by Stern. I first caught wind of this event on Facebook. Looks like a great time, and the wife wants to attend as well! Who else will be attending?

No one?

#3 2 years ago

First I have heard of it but they are a close drive for me so I will most likely go if it is still on

#4 2 years ago

They had a open house last year, games on free play and free food, with no admission cost.

This year it's $10/person.....

They had about 15-20 games to play. If STERN is sponsoring it this year, maybe they will have more?

I don't know if I would drive from TN to attend. It's a nice small local event.

#5 2 years ago

My wife and I bought our tickets yesterday and are looking forward to it!

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from DadofTwins:

They had a open house last year, games on free play and free food, with no admission cost.
    They had about 15-20 games to play. If STERN is sponsoring it this year, maybe they will have more?

I'm driving from TN anyway LOL. I'm a sucker for these type things. The FB page says so far, special guests include Eric Meunier, John Borg, and Christopher Franchi. That's so far. And yes, food and drinks provided, alcohol available. The kind folks at Cointaker say they will have an Alien pinball present, as well as (fingers crossed) hopefully the new cgc release. That's along with plenty of other games as well. IM IN! And bringing my translites from GnR and GOTG for signing.

#7 2 years ago

Last year’s open house was really fun. Pins in great shape to play, food was awesome! Can’t wait for next month.

Definitely a good time.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from DadofTwins:

Did you move from York down to TN? Hope all is well on your end. I'm planning on going along with some other friends. Looking forward to the get together.

#9 2 years ago

Road trips are always fun. Enjoy and have a safe trip!

I'm driving from TN anyway LOL. I'm a sucker for these type things. The FB page says so far, special guests include Eric Meunier, John Borg, and Christopher Franchi. That's so far. And yes, food and drinks provided, alcohol available. The kind folks at Cointaker say they will have an Alien pinball present, as well as (fingers crossed) hopefully the new cgc release. That's along with plenty of other games as well. IM IN! And bringing my translites from GnR and GOTG for signing.

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from DadofTwins:

Road trips are always fun. Enjoy and have a safe trip!

Absolutely! Thanks!

#11 2 years ago

Great, maybe I can finally get my Mando machine I ordered from them back in the winter time.

:-/

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from FamDocKevin:

Great, maybe I can finally get my Mando machine I ordered from them back in the winter time.
    :-/

Not to be contrary, but the game wasn't even announced until May. That's the way it goes with new release NIB purchases. Pay up, and wait. If you're lucky you get a game within a month or so. And that's without labor/chip/supply shortages. Obviously I know nothing about your particular situation, but, I've had good interactions with Cointaker in the past. I'm sure they'll make good on your game delivery as soon as they can.

#13 2 years ago

Not to be contrary, but the game wasn't even announced until May. That's the way it goes with new release NIB purchases. Pay up, and wait. If you're lucky you get a game within a month or so. And that's without labor/chip/supply shortages. Obviously I know nothing about your particular situation, but, I've had good interactions with Cointaker in the past. I'm sure they'll make good on your game delivery as soon as they can.

Good to know. Thanks for the reassurance. This is my first time buying a new game, and it's unsettling to lay down a one-grand deposit, not see anything for months, and be told there is no timetable. Guess I need to be more patient.

#14 2 years ago

I will be going. I think there is a chance for new stern game there?

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from FamDocKevin:

Good to know. Thanks for the reassurance. This is my first time buying a new game, and it's unsettling to lay down a one-grand deposit, not see anything for months, and be told there is no timetable. Guess I need to be more patient.

I hear ya 110%. Unfortunately that's how it is right now with most vendors. I just paid in full for an arcade legends 3 multicade after being told "we have no eta, if you want one, buy it, and it will ship when we get one" lol. That wasn't cointaker, but another vendor. Congrats on your first NIB, it's exciting!! And, you did purchase from a stand up company.

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from zaki:

A few new games if things work out correctly. From what I hear anyway.

1 week later
    #17 2 years ago

Hey everyone,

I am happy to share that I am flying up from Dallas to attend this event and do social media coverage for Stern. I am also excited to attend my first big pinball event since 2019, so it will be very good to see so many of you again, or meet you for the first time. See you all there.

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Hey everyone,
    I am happy to share that I am flying up from Dallas to attend this event and do social media coverage for Stern. I am also excited to attend my first big pinball event since 2019, so it will be very good to see so many of you again, or meet you for the first time. See you all there.
    //<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"af1161a6ef61d1f76b7689ceae858ca8a02402a3-1630644693-1800"};
    //]]>

And here I was hoping that I may be the long distance attendee winner, LOL. See you there Jared

#19 2 years ago

Since several stern employees are going to the show you can be pretty sure the new stern game will be there.

Quoted from zaki:

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Since several stern employees are going to the show you can be pretty sure the new stern game will be there.

They just released Mandolorian. Are we talking about another new game already? That would be a nice suprise.

#21 2 years ago

Can you buy anything (cointaker stuff, machines) at this event or is it just a party with machines to play?

#22 2 years ago

...seems like it's getting gooder & gooder. Can't wait!

#23 2 years ago

They just released Mandolorian. Are we talking about another new game already? That would be a nice suprise.

Stern has a set release schedule for 3 "cornerstone" titles each year. It would be to schedule if it was to happen.

1 week later
    #25 2 years ago

I understand the party is being postponed! Sorry.

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from rockrand:I understand the party is being postponed! Sorry.

They just announced another special guest attending on their FB page yesterday. No mention of postponing. Where did you hear this?

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

Can you buy anything (cointaker stuff, machines) at this event or is it just a party with machines to play?

On the original Email I recieved, it said "swap meet". Take that for what it's worth.

#28 2 years ago

I could have misunderstood,Milissia told me this morning it was being postponed,

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from rockrand:

I could have misunderstood,Milissia told me this morning it was being postponed,

Hmmm, well, she would know. They need to make it public asap if that is the case. I'm planning on driving 9.5 hours from Knoxville,TN and my wife and I have requested Friday the 24th off from work to travel.

#30 2 years ago

So, I just spoke with Chris and Melissa from Cointaker. Yes, the event will be postponed due to Covid 19 related events. Melissa said they will be issuing refunds if you prepaid.

#31 2 years ago

Bummer. Thanks for the confirmation.

#32 2 years ago

Dang, that is a bummer, I was looking forward to this.

#34 2 years ago

What does someone at Cointaker with a health issue have to do with your Goveneur?

rps20210913_141435 (resized).jpgrps20210913_141435 (resized).jpg
    #35 2 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

What does someone at Cointaker with a health issue have to do with your Goveneur?

Cause the OP mentioned it was postponed due to Covid. If it is due to health issues with someone in their family then I'm sorry to hear that but with the mandates in our state starting back up figured it had to do with having large social gatherings. I'll be surprised if the pinball expo actually happens next month at this rate.

the event will be postponed due to Covid 19 related events.

#36 2 years ago

Amen!

#37 2 years ago

I didn't want to mention their personal business online so I said "covid related events". But yes, it's personal, not government related. Best wishes for everyone on the Cointaker team.

#38 2 years ago

I didn't want to mention their personal business online so I said "covid related events". But yes, it's personal, not government related. Best wishes for everyone on the Cointaker team.

Thanks for the clarification and I'm sorry to hear that. Regardless I still behind my statement that our Governor is an asshole and it goes much further then just the pandemic handling but that's for another forum. Here's to hoping they can have the show in the future cause I was looking forward to going.

#39 2 years ago

I know this is a let down those looking forward to this event, but considering the circumstances this is understandable. Why not consider attending the York Show on October 7-8th? At this time since CoinTaker among many others will be a vendor, is it possible to divert your plans?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2021-cointaker-stern-super-awesome-tailgate-party-?hl=curban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.