Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 163 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by djreddog
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you plan to watch one or more XFL games?”

• No, only NFL for me 37 votes
      30%
    • No, only NFL and college games for me 17 votes
      14%
    • Yeah, I will give the XFL a look 70 votes
      56%

(124 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20200229_150239 (resized).jpg
    XFL-SEA-Dragons1920x1080-Black-Edited-620x370 (resized).jpg
    DSCN6568 (resized).JPG
    DSCN6567 (resized).JPG
    xfl.png
    D40C3000-87CF-4F7C-99A5-86D9ECEC33AC (resized).jpeg
    Alliance_of_American_Football_logo (resized).png
    download (resized).jpg
    download (1) (resized).jpg
    632D23AC-1DEE-4C7B-9EE0-9CF1F61CD529.gif
    xfl-hot-tub (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phlip_phanatic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#89 4 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I really hope the XFL does well and can add even more teams next season. I have watched at least some of every game so far, and some games I had time to see the whole game.
    So far mostly defenses have been the best, but I think with a little more practice the offences will get it together and score more points.
    I have really been impressed with the quality of play for the most part so far.
    And I have been really impressed with the refs and the review booth.
    I am glad the XFL is here, and on regular TV for the most part. Football is the only sport I care about watching.
    For me personally, except for the obvious talent pool, (and not knocking the XFL talent pool, they for the most part are playing awesome), but for me I have a void with history because this is brand new.
    NFL has been around forever, and I hope they go on forever. NFL has teams I like, love, hate, care less about. The history gives me a reason to cheer, or cuss.
    Even college football, I like a lot of teams and hate others.
    At first, with the XFL, I figured I would pull for the Vipers, because they are the closest team to where I live, and their starting QB was awesome at Georgia Bulldogs. Their first game did not go well at all, and for the 2nd game from what I watched they used another QB.
    Anyway, my only point is history. Right now I am just seeing some pretty decent football, and I have no clue yet what teams I like, and what teams I hate.
    So far it seems that the XFL has done a awesome job not only picking players that still want to play very hard, but also coaches that still also want to coach hard. I am impressed.
    I just hope soon a few XFL teams will mess up, maybe bring a asshole NFL player I hate to their team, so I can hate some teams, and cuss or cheer like a real NFL game.
    The XFL is awesome, but for me it would be a lot better if I really could get behind a team.
    And I really hope they keep all the games on the major networks. I love football, but I will never pay the cable company one damn dime for a few more channels than I already have.
    (and I do already have teams I like a tad, but just staying neutral).

Agreed. I compare the XFL to watching two bad NFL teams play. As you said, the defenses are feasting right now. QB play has been...pretty poor to say the least. McGloin already threw his entire offense under the bus and Landry Jones (during his half a dozen sideline interviews yesterday) just kept resorting to "I need to play better".

I would love for there to be an expansion, but there is no way it is happening next season. The teams are already struggling to gel, and to add more teams means the talent pool gets watered down even more.

Haven't latched onto a team just yet, but so far I'm liking what the Battlehawks are doing (should be 2-0, got screwed by the zebras yesterday). Solid run game, a QB that can move in and out of the pocket, and a pretty stout defense.

Looking forward to next week already!

#92 4 years ago

Rumor has it Vince McMahon has but aside enough money to last a minimum of three seasons.

1 week later
    #94 4 years ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

Has anyone been watching the games? Three weeks into the season and I think that it is starting to get interesting. I watched one of the worst teams, the LA Wildcats destroy one of the best. LA did everything right, and DC could not seem to do anything. It was a fun game to watch and it did what it was supposed to do. It entertained me for a few hours. It is tough to root for any specific team this early in the game since they are all new to me, but I have been leaning towards some teams, even if they are not doing well. When the NFL ends for the season, I am in football mode and I want to watch more games. Now I can. I hope the XFL stays around at least for a while. I wish there was a local team because I would definitely go to a couple of home games. For the money they are charging for tickets, you cant go wrong. So for the people on here who may be watching the games, which teams have you taken an interest in?

I have latched onto the closest team to me, which is the Battlehawks. They are a fun team to watch, and that town is HUNGRY for professional football (lower bowl of the Dome was sold out). From the looks of it, going to a game is a ton of fun. And by ton of fun, I mean a total drunk fest!

#109 4 years ago

Let's just hope those Pinsiders stay away from our XFL group!

#111 4 years ago

Huge fan of the XFL here, but I gotta call it like I see it.

I think the attendance at Met Life Stadium is 75. No joke.

#113 4 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Yeah attendance doesn't look good today nor at last weeks games either, it will come down to TV money in the end probably.

St. Louis sold out the lower bowl of the Dome last week. Biggest complaint from people who were there:

Not enough beer vendors!

#114 4 years ago

Final play of that LA/NY game had the potential to be another "band is on the field!" moment! Lots of laterals and chaos.

#116 4 years ago

It's official!

IMG_20200229_150239 (resized).jpgIMG_20200229_150239 (resized).jpg
    #119 4 years ago

Battlehawks all alone in the East! DC has scored nine points in the last two weeks!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phlip_phanatic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2020-xfl-will-you-watch?tu=phlip_phanatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.