Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by 2pupPinz
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jonny-quest (resized).jpg
    Scooby (resized).jpg
    p184019_b_v8_aa (resized).jpg
    Who-Framed-Roger-Rabbit-1988-Movie-Poster-720x340 (resized).jpg
    REO (resized).jpg
    BB86EA6E-472B-4DB3-8211-1316E7BCBF6A (resized).jpeg
    899D1E74-31D4-4F32-AC29-6EEA2B0042E4 (resized).png
    Pain (resized).jpg
    8-ball-header-300x250 (resized).jpg
    8 ball - cannot predict (resized).jpg
    trolls (resized).jpg

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

If someone else has posted this please forgive my repetition. I have one spot available in my game room and would love to fill it with a NIB pin. While some of the new releases interest me, none have a theme that just blows me away. So that leaves me to wonder if anyone has some good solid intel on what games will be coming down the pike in 2020. Of course I've heard about JJP's possible Guns N Roses and Toy Story. I know of American's possible Sherlock Holmes, Robin Hood or Valkyrie and I've heard that Stern isn't too serious about making a Jaws or Superman '78 (both of which I'd be interested in). Does anybody out there know any more than that?

#2 4 years ago

... gets my vote.

trolls (resized).jpgtrolls (resized).jpg
    #3 4 years ago

I'm hoping someone announces a new Back to the Future trilogy pinball machine but that is still just a dream.

Guns and Rose's by JJP is supposed to be this fall which if the rumors hold true would mean Toy Story for 2020. Currently that is my most anticipated game for 2020 and one I can see buying.

#4 4 years ago

I predict that I will not be buying a NIB Stern or JJP in 2020.

#5 4 years ago

Looking into my crystal ball, I see another year of Stern making "dream themes" that fanboys get all excited about, then dump on the secondary market at huge losses.

#6 4 years ago

Rumor has it pinball in 2020 is going to be more rehash of the 1980s and prior so you can certainly count me out of any of it

#7 4 years ago

But if I had to guess, you can expect at least a couple more Data East makeovers.

#8 4 years ago

I predict lots of HUO games sitting on the used market with sellers trying to recoup their high dollars spent. Or, even further losses to the original buyer in order to move the game.

#9 4 years ago
    8 ball - cannot predict (resized).jpg8 ball - cannot predict (resized).jpg8-ball-header-300x250 (resized).jpg8-ball-header-300x250 (resized).jpg
    #10 4 years ago

GNR next from JJP and then most likely Toy Story from what I've heard. Word on the street is TMNT from Stern soon. I'm a buyer on Toy Story on TMNT if the play field issues are fixed by then.

#11 4 years ago

I think JJP makes a good game. I have an LE Pirates and love it. I'm also impressed by American. I recently acquired a Houdini. Love it as well. I'm not as impressed with the craftsmanship of Stern, but they seem to hold all the most interesting licenses for future games. I'm really hoping American's next game is Sherlock Holmes. That being said, the game I REALLY want to see is Jaws.

#12 4 years ago

In regards to pricing.

Pain (resized).jpgPain (resized).jpg

#13 4 years ago
    899D1E74-31D4-4F32-AC29-6EEA2B0042E4 (resized).png899D1E74-31D4-4F32-AC29-6EEA2B0042E4 (resized).png
    #14 4 years ago
    Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

If someone else has posted this please forgive my repetition. I have one spot available in my game room and would love to fill it with a NIB pin. While some of the new releases interest me, none have a theme that just blows me away. So that leaves me to wonder if anyone has some good solid intel on what games will be coming down the pike in 2020. Of course I've heard about JJP's possible Guns N Roses and Toy Story. I know of American's possible Sherlock Holmes, Robin Hood or Valkyrie and I've heard that Stern isn't too serious about making a Jaws or Superman '78 (both of which I'd be interested in). Does anybody out there know any more than that?

you will learn that theme doesn't matter. People get so caught up on theme, and miss some awesome games, or are stuck with a lot of shitty games. Some of the best themed games are horrible horrible games. And some with themes nobody gives a crap about, are phenomenal! It all comes out to layout and rules. How they work together. That is the key factor. hence why it's so risky to buy a game you have never seen or played in person.

#15 4 years ago

Deeproot Pinball will have three releases. A drawing of a zombie, a drawing of a woman holding a ray gun, and a drawing of a girl wearing a blue and white dress. They will promise "exciting things in 2021!".

#16 4 years ago

I predict the twenties will be “roaring”

BB86EA6E-472B-4DB3-8211-1316E7BCBF6A (resized).jpegBB86EA6E-472B-4DB3-8211-1316E7BCBF6A (resized).jpeg
    #17 4 years ago

I hear it's going to be a Kitchen Nightmare Gordan Ramsay pinball lol.

#18 4 years ago

I predict more playfield issues by jjp and stern. Its foolish to buy NIB right now.

#19 4 years ago

Try getting off the NIB train & get a classic B/W 90s game. The quality, design, and fun factor is unmatched. Lots of great 2007-2014 Sterns as well.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I hear it's going to be a Kitchen Nightmare Gordan Ramsay pinball lol.

Blaspheme. It's going to be Mistress Of The Dark Kitchen Rachel Ray pinball !

LTG : )

#21 4 years ago

Slide saves become illegal, sparking a pinball civil war that topples the IFPA, PAPA, and United Nations

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

I predict more playfield issues by jjp and stern. Its foolish to buy NIB right now.

Man, I hate this. But it’s absolutely true. This is keeping me on the sidelines of NIB.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you will learn that theme doesn't matter. People get so caught up on theme, and miss some awesome games, or are stuck with a lot of shitty games. Some of the best themed games are horrible horrible games. And some with themes nobody gives a crap about, are phenomenal! It all comes out to layout and rules. How they work together. That is the key factor. hence why it's so risky to buy a game you have never seen or played in person.

Of course theme matters. Here is proof: here is a very, very fun pinball game. The theme is The Kardashians. Will you play? I rest my case.

#24 4 years ago

I've got your band, movie, and TV show pinball themes for 2020 right here.
    REO (resized).jpgREO (resized).jpgWho-Framed-Roger-Rabbit-1988-Movie-Poster-720x340 (resized).jpgWho-Framed-Roger-Rabbit-1988-Movie-Poster-720x340 (resized).jpgp184019_b_v8_aa (resized).jpgp184019_b_v8_aa (resized).jpg

#25 4 years ago

NIB purchases slow, Pinball pricing peaks, market starts to slide, and cash is king if u want a great deal....JJP goes BK, Stern deals with a class action suit brought on by 100's of owners who are pissed that Stern refused to replace their shitty play fields

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

Of course theme matters. Here is proof: here is a very, very fun pinball game. The theme is The Kardashians. Will you play? I rest my case.

if the layout and rules are as good as Iron maiden, or TZ. Absolutely. Throw some sex appeal on top of the art package, Bam! I'm buying one.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

JJP goes BK, Stern deals with a class action suit brought on by 100's of owners who are pissed that Stern refused to replace their shitty play fields

And everyone forgets about the issues as soon as their next dream theme is released.
    Take my money now!!

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

Iron Maiden and Metallica are fuckin horrible but awesome games.
    We of course csn all think of plenty of horrible themes that make great games.
    There will always be a total blocker like Kardashians, but they are few and fair between. For me it's anything with wrestling.

#29 4 years ago

Nothing will change.
    Games will be made.
    Pinside will bitch and complain.
    Business as usual.

#30 4 years ago
    Scooby (resized).jpgScooby (resized).jpgjonny-quest (resized).jpgjonny-quest (resized).jpg
    #31 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Iron Maiden and Metallica are fuckin horrible but awesome games.
    We of course csn all think of plenty of horrible themes that make great games.
    There will always be a total blocker like Kardashians, but they are few and fair between. For me it's anything with wrestling.

Couldn't agree more. Theme can boost a game's appeal or sink it but ultimately it's all about gameplay. Great themes also raise expectations to a point where it's almost impossible to be happy with the game. I almost prefer bad themes that way you can just enjoy the game as it is if that makes sense. lol

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

Looking into my crystal ball, I see another year of Stern making "dream themes" that fanboys get all excited about, then dump on the secondary market at huge losses.

I will never understand why people think they should be able to sell a game at cost or a profit

#33 4 years ago

2020 will be like 2019, but occur 365 days later.

#34 4 years ago

I’m predicting sleepy joe.

#35 4 years ago

Spooky: Scooby Do by Scott Danesi
    Stern: Teenage Mutant Ninjna Turtles by Brian Eddy, Ghostbusters Vault
    JJP: Guns N Roses & Toy Story 4
    Deeproot: Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland
    American Pinball: Sherlock Holmes
    Chicago Coin Company: Cactus Canyon and MMr Vault

#36 4 years ago

I would like to see pins that connect to WIFI and get online and actually interact with other players or have a data base much like what Pinball 2000 had going for awhile before it was shut down where high scores are posted or online tournaments, etc. etc.

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from pfinny:

I would like to see pins that connect to WIFI and get online and actually interact with other players or have a data base much like what Pinball 2000 had going for awhile before it was shut down where high scores are posted or online tournaments, etc. etc.

It would be fun if you could do head to head remote remotely kind of like Golden Tee or my Galaxy Fire dart board....Having the ability to have head to head contests remotely might be attractive....I'm sure this comes with some challenges i.e if the games are setup the same, but its definitely doable....

#38 4 years ago

Pulling hard for Spooky. I’m not a horror fan for the most part, but I’ve still got 2.
    AMH and TNA.
    Fingers crossed for a upcoming title that will speak to me!

#39 4 years ago

Stern vault Quicksilver rethemed as Led Zeppelin.

#40 4 years ago

If you are not tracking it, this Week In Pinball keeps a running track of all current and rumour titles from all manufacturers in their digest. It is at the bottom of the page if you scroll down.

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-september-30th-2019/

#41 4 years ago

If they do make Jaws that can claim that clear coat "waves" are a feature not an issue.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from Raegor:

If they do make Jaws that can claim that clear coat "waves" are a feature not an issue.

And when the playfield ends up missing chunks of paint, they can blame the shark.

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

And when the playfield ends up missing chunks of paint, they can blame the shark.

Water IS the most destructive force out there!

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Water IS the most destructive force out there!

with recent Stern games it appears the just playing the game is the most destructive force....

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

with recent Stern games it appears the just playing the game is the most destructive force....

More like just buying the game.

#46 4 years ago

MY TONGUE HURTS FROM BITING IT SO MUCH!!!

#47 4 years ago

I predict disappointment ….

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from DanDanDAN:

MY TONGUE HURTS FROM BITING IT SO MUCH!!!

6:30PM on Thursday October 17th you can stop that nasty habit my dear WatsonWatsonWatson & Co.

LTG : )

#49 4 years ago

Stranger Things Pinball will be announced, in an effort to be current.
    No one cares.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

I will never understand why people think they should be able to sell a game at cost or a profit

You missed the point. People get all excited about a theme without ever playing the game. If it's got a crummy layout, substantial quality issues, or incomplete code, they end up dumping it on the market after just a few months at a substantial loss. See Munsters as evidence of this-- though the same applies to several other recent titles.

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2020-predictions?hl=pduffy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.