Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by GamerRick
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Debbie-Downer (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

Hello fellow Pinsiders! I went to Pintastic Pinball and Game Room Expo last summer in Sturbridge, Massachusetts and it was fantastic. My ten year old son and I spent all four days there, and we stayed in the Expo hotel. It was one of the best times I’ve ever had. JJ Willy Wonka had just been released, and three of the stars of the movie were there, as were artists and big people from Stern and Jersey Jack himself was also there. There is a 24 hour game room with between 20 and 30 of the top machines, some all modded out, that you can play only if you have a premium or LE ticket. There are limited LE tickets so during the day it’s easy to get to play a top game with little or no wait. In the main room you might have to wait a bit. The LE ticket gives you 24 hour access to the Extra Ball Room, the premium pass gives you access from 8:00 pm until the morning. I just really got into pinball last October, so had never gone to an expo before. By the time I decided to go, all the LE tickets were sold out. So I wanted to let you guys know the tickets went on sale today and I already bought mine. I hope to see many of you there. It would be great to meet some of you. I was not able to go to Chicago Expo or TPF, but both my son and I are definitely going to make it to Pintastic. The dates are June 25-28, 2020 at the Boxboro Regency Hotel in Boxborough, Massachusetts. There are group room rates available. Happy flipping!

https://pintasticnewengland.com

#2 4 years ago

Booked the room \o/

I had to mess with the selected dates though for the main location. was setup to automagically select 5 nights as opposed to 3 nights the satellite location.

I always gave a great time at Pintastic and looking forward to the next event

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from chas10e:

Booked the room \o/
    I had to mess with the selected dates though for the main location. was setup to automagically select 5 nights as opposed to 3 nights the satellite location.
    I always gave a great time at Pintastic and looking forward to the next event

Yes after clicking the hotel link. Please change the dates to the 2020 dates and you will see the pintastic blocks.

#4 4 years ago

If you have or have not attended Pintastic before, my cohost, Dave and I have both pre and post podcasts on the show plus one honoring the Best in Play machines. Three different shows to give you an idea of what to expect.

The Classic Pinball Podcast

Downloadable here:
    http://pinballdoctor.com/the-classic-pinball-podcast/
    https://podbay.fm/podcast/1469743456
    Accessible to stream via any of the links below:
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-classic-pinball-podcast/id1469743456
    https://www.breaker.audio/the-classic-pinball-podcast
    https://open.spotify.com/show/6JGvAzDFwCSJUwwWgBMCDd
    https://radiopublic.com/the-classic-pinball-podcast-WR95kj
    https://overcast.fm/itunes1469743456/the-classic-pinball-podcast

#5 4 years ago

I didn’t see the podcast last year. Will definitely watch this one.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Yes after clicking the hotel link. Please change the dates to the 2020 dates and you will see the pintastic blocks.

When I clicked the "hotel" link on the https://pintasticnewengland.com page it brought me to hotel 2 selections, the pre-selected dates for Boxboro were different than for Westford and stating rooms weren't available at the Boxboro Regency for those dates.

"Boxboro Regency Hotel and Conference Center

Tue, Jun 23 - Sun, Jun 28 (5 nights) "

"Westford Regency Inn & Conference Center

Thu, Jun 25 - Sun, Jun 28 (3 nights) "

Yes I just selected the proper dates for the Boxboro Regency and and went from there

#7 4 years ago

There was a glitch with the hotel reservation system when I made my reservations also. If you can’t do it online just call them.

#8 4 years ago

Please discuss the hotel booking situation over in this other thread:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-pintastic-new-england-2020-hotel-driving-discussion
    .................David Marston

#9 4 years ago

Good luck Gabe & Co.
    Looking forward to attending my sixth Pintastic.
    The new hotel has me contemplating staying overnight with the family.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Quint:

Good luck Gabe & Co.
    Looking forward to attending my sixth Pintastic.
    The new hotel has me contemplating staying overnight with the family.

Staying over at least one night is always recommended for maximum family fun!

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Staying over at least one night is always recommended for maximum family fun!

Especially if you want to play until midnight or after!

#12 4 years ago

This is a fantastic show every year!

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from jp1985:

This is a fantastic show every year!

Wait a minute... pinball + fantastic = Pintastic.

I think you've cracked the code.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Wait a minute... pinball + fantastic = Pintastic.
    I think you've cracked the code.

Yup you got it! Lots of cool stuff planned for next year. I’m excited!

3 months later
    #15 4 years ago

Looking forward to an even better show this year but the hotel situation is rough....4 months to go and neither hotel has anything but a king bed room available? Looks like it'll be a day trip this year.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrgregb123:

the hotel situation is rough....

When in doubt, call the hotel. The humans who answer can work around incorrect settings in the software. Also note that we have a separate thread for hotel and travel discussions.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

When in doubt, call the hotel. The humans who answer can work around incorrect settings in the software. Also note that we have a separate thread for hotel and travel discussions.

I did call. Nothing but Kings. I could get a double bed a month before the event in Sturbridge. So that part is a step back. Just sharing feedback, since it turned 4 two-day admissions into 4 one-day admissions.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrgregb123:

I did call. Nothing but Kings. I could get a double bed a month before the event in Sturbridge. So that part is a step back. Just sharing feedback, since it turned 4 two-day admissions into 4 one-day admissions.

I was told most rooms with Kings have pull out beds. Defiantly most of the king rooms at Westford have pull out beds. Also there are multiple hotels with in a 10 to 15min ride.

The show is growing and we gained 60 rooms moving to Boxboro with the connected hotels. Next year we will block more rooms at Westford. I thought 70 rooms each night was enough I was wrong. It’s a learning experience. But do t let that stop you from staying for 4 days.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

I was told most rooms with Kings have pull out beds. Defiantly most of the king rooms at Westford have pull out beds. Also there are multiple hotels with in a 10 to 15min ride.

The show is growing and we gained 60 rooms moving to Boxboro with the connected hotels. Next year we will block more rooms at Westford. I thought 70 rooms each night was enough I was wrong. It’s a learning experience. But do t let that stop you from staying for 4 days.

They didn't tell me about the pull out....that would be totally fine and would work....I even told them I need to to sleep two dudes and they were silent about it ...no "well there's a pull-out bed". I'll call them to confirm availability. Thanks Gabe.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrgregb123:

They didn't tell me about the pull out....that would be totally fine and would work....I even told them I need to to sleep two dudes and they were silent about it ...no "well there's a pull-out bed". I'll call them to confirm availability. Thanks Gabe.

Let me know how you make out.

1 week later
    #21 4 years ago

I know the other thread is for hotel talk, but I've got to wonder who, if anyone, staying at Westford managed to secure the George Bush Presidential Suite. Have enjoyed it before, it's sort of stuck in my head now.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Let me know how you make out.

Sorry late getting back to you - nope, I called the hotel and specifically asked if their King rooms had pull-outs. They said they have no rooms available with a king + pull out. Oh well. We'll just do the day trip. It's fine.

-Greg

#23 4 years ago

Covid-19 hopefully will be gone by the time for Pintastic.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Covid-19 hopefully will be gone by the time for Pintastic.

Debbie-Downer (resized).jpgDebbie-Downer (resized).jpg
    #25 4 years ago

Oh that reminds me, will the new venue allow liberal plastering of photographs of a grinning beelzeboob exhorting "STAY AWAY FROM THIS MAN"?

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tubes:

Oh that reminds me, will the new venue allow liberal plastering of photographs of a grinning beelzeboob exhorting "STAY AWAY FROM THIS MAN"?

I would say that in order to properly pay homage to Taxman, it should be a requirement for attending the show.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrgregb123:

Sorry late getting back to you - nope, I called the hotel and specifically asked if their King rooms had pull-outs. They said they have no rooms available with a king + pull out. Oh well. We'll just do the day trip. It's fine.
    -Greg

I called today and they still have rooms all nights with double beds. Give it one more try and call during the day. Ask for Cory.

#28 4 years ago

Maybe they're being too literal in responding to the requests, it sounds like 2 queens and 1 king + sleeper aren't possible, while 2 double beds are plentiful. A double bed's a lot better than a sleeper, even if it costs 6" horizontal/5" vertical for one person compared to a queen.

#29 4 years ago

Do you offer one day passes that allow access to the extra ball lounge? Your website only has the two day passes. I’ll probably go both days. But my wife will probably only go to the event one day...

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

Do you offer one day passes that allow access to the extra ball lounge? Your website only has the two day passes. I’ll probably go both days. But my wife will probably only go to the event one day...

Unfortunately we do not offer a single day extra ball access ticket. Biggest reason is access control. Extra ball lounge access is controlled by badges. Single day passes only get a wrist band.

One thing you can do is bring a game for free play and she can use that to get extra ball access.

#31 4 years ago

I don’t mind bringing a game if I have one ready for the show. But why not have color coded badges for access just like you do for wrist bands? I’m guessing they are color coded based on days and times of access. The extra ball badges are being checked anyway. Just a thought.

#32 4 years ago

If they sold one to you they'd have to sell one to everyone, and then people would be perched on Gabe's machines like chimps during the day for want of space. Speaking against the interests of those "in the know", you and the missus will get a tremendous amount of satisfaction and sustained play in SNH's smaller free play room if needing a break from the vendor hall or main free play.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tubes:

If they sold one to you they'd have to sell one to everyone, and then people would be perched on Gabe's machines like chimps during the day for want of space. Speaking against the interests of those "in the know", you and the missus will get a tremendous amount of satisfaction and sustained play in SNH's smaller free play room if needing a break from the vendor hall or main free play.

I wasn’t saying sell it to me specifically. I meant in general. Two days passes are probably a better choice really thinking about it more. It keeps the crowds smaller in that area.

#34 4 years ago

Yes, just a little wisdom from great thinkers like Socratic Method. Even with the 2-days, there just isn't enough space in the Lounge to allow for 24-hour access for all tiers.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tubes:

Yes, just a little wisdom from great thinkers like Socratic Method. Even with the 2-days, there just isn't enough space in the Lounge to allow for 24-hour access for all tiers.

Only people aloud 24hr access starting Thursday at 11AM are the LE ticket buyers. Premium and Pro get access after 8PM.

1 month later
    #36 3 years ago

This thread isn't really "official" - there's a new one.
    The 2020 edition of the Pintastic New England show has been cancelled. The show will return in 2021. Discussion of the 2021 show is over here:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-real-official-pintastic-new-england-show-info
    Of course, we will continue to monitor the worldwide pandemic situation and make appropriate adjustments.

4 months later
    #37 3 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

This thread isn't really "official" - there's a new one.
    The 2020 edition of the Pintastic New England show has been cancelled. The show will return in 2021. Discussion of the 2021 show is over here:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-real-official-pintastic-new-england-show-info
    Of course, we will continue to monitor the worldwide pandemic situation and make appropriate adjustments.

Yes it was official. The organizer suggested I start one.

#38 3 years ago

It’s a shame Covid has stopped all events countrywide for six months and will continue to do so for some time.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2020-pintastic-pinball-expo-official-thread-tickets-on-sale-now and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.