Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 117 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

postponed (resized).jpg
    IMG_3847 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0137 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20200421_171823 (resized).jpg
    A7D4D523-C4B3-4FF8-BC44-92C5BD31A737 (resized).jpeg
    patz_gear (resized).jpg
    IMG_1345 (2) (resized).JPG
    IMG_1346 (2) (resized).JPG
    IMG_0121 (resized).JPG
    PATZ show 20th anniversary coffee mug, 2019 (resized).jpg
    20200212_144345[1] (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    patz logo (resized).jpg
    There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 4 years ago

honestly, the venue is probably one of the best out there for this scenario. The building is basically like an airport hangar and with the garage doors open like they usually are, we get a real nice cross breeze through there. And there's plenty of space to spread machines out without getting too close to one another. Too early to say if I would still go or not, but it at least sounds good.

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from RazerX:

honestly, the venue is probably one of the best out there for this scenario. The building is basically like an airport hangar and with the garage doors open like they usually are, we get a real nice cross breeze through there. And there's plenty of space to spread machines out without getting too close to one another. Too early to say if I would still go or not, but it at least sounds good.

actually, its probably worse because of what you say, since this is an airborne virus, the cross breeze might actually spread it out farther. With my other obligations having been cancelled, I can now fit PATZ on the calender, so hope it is not affected

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

actually, its probably worse because of what you say, since this is an airborne virus, the cross breeze might actually spread it out farther. With my other obligations having been cancelled, I can now fit PATZ on the calender, so hope it is not affected

disagree, because it's less likely to linger with good airflow. That's why these viruses are less active in the warmer months. People get out more where there is better airflow.

#54 4 years ago

We cannot have a non essential gathering of over 250 people. I do not know the numbers of the show but once it hits 250 people it will be 1 person in for every person that exits. Hopefully this restriction is lifted by PATZ.

#55 4 years ago

As of right now I still plan on going although it will probably look like the picture attached when me and the gang roll up lol

patz_gear (resized).jpgpatz_gear (resized).jpg
    #56 4 years ago

Anyone have a spare Firepower (or compatible Williams) head for sale in the area?
    I have a line on a project with a damaged head...

#57 4 years ago

Still looking for a Captain Fantastic and Stern "Pinball" backglass. Probably think of one or two others that I'll need but thought I'd bump this up.

John

#58 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rock914:

We cannot have a non essential gathering of over 250 people. I do not know the numbers of the show but once it hits 250 people it will be 1 person in for every person that exits. Hopefully this restriction is lifted by PATZ.

its 50 people now but i believe that restriction ends before zoo. that can change of course.

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

its 50 people now but i believe that restriction ends before zoo. that can change of course.

We'll that would cover the vendors and there buddy's.

John

#60 4 years ago

IFPA is canceling all events (tournaments) until further notice worldwide. Don't know when that ban would end. They will revisit this on 3/31 (before PATZ) ... so there's that too.

#61 4 years ago

Unfortunately we’ve had to postpone the 2020 Pinball at the Zoo show. The new dates are October 1-3. Please help us get the word out about this!!

We’re asking everyone who ordered pre sale tickets and vendors to please stay on for the new dates. This would help us out A LOT moving forward. Although our official policy is no refunds, if you need a refund please contact me at [email protected] and I will get those processed ASAP.

We’re going to be working super hard to make this show outstanding. As we move forward, we ask for everyone’s support in this. The reason PATZ is so great is the amazing support from all of you!

#62 4 years ago
    Quoted from harmon1728:

Unfortunately we’ve had to postpone the 2020 Pinball at the Zoo show. The new dates are October 1-3. Please help us get the word out about this!!

Totally understandable in light of these circumstances. Looking forward to it.

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from harmon1728:

We’re asking everyone who ordered pre sale tickets and vendors to please stay on for the new dates. This would help us out A LOT moving forward. Although our official policy is no refunds, if you need a refund please contact me at [email protected] and I will get those processed ASAP.
    We’re going to be working super hard to make this show outstanding. As we move forward, we ask for everyone’s support in this. The reason PATZ is so great is the amazing support from all of you!

Disappointed it's not next month, but very glad it's being held at all. Completely understand and support the decision. just gives me more time to get everything ready. Can't wait til october.

#64 4 years ago

I figured it was going to get cancelled, glad its just posponed and happy your doing it in the fall since the summer months is the only time I like to go outside and could care less about pinball. See you in October!

#65 4 years ago

Glad we'll still be able to get together in Oct. For anyone who had hotel reservations check with your chains, I got this email from Choice hotels earlier this week. I was worried since we did non-cancellable, pre-paid rates but this was a nice move on the chains part IMHO.

"For guests with existing individual reservations, including reservations with non-cancellable, pre-paid rates made directly with Choice Hotels, we will allow changes or cancellation without a charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival as long as the change or cancellation is made by April 30, 2020."

#66 4 years ago

As long as Bell's beer is flowing, I'm in. It'll be nice to see Kalamazoo in the fall. Can't think of any other city I've visited 15+ times at almost the exact same time of year.

#67 4 years ago

Should someone change the name of the thread to reflect the revised dates?

#68 4 years ago

Glad it’s still on. I just marked the new dates on the calendar!

#69 4 years ago

alex
    I've changed the title to indicate that the show date has been postponed. once everything is back to a reasonable semi-normal state, let me know the new date and I'll modify the title again

stay safe everyone!

#70 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

As long as Bell's beer is flowing, I'm in.

As long as Sweatwaters can pack me up 2 dozen I'll be there

3 weeks later
    #71 4 years ago

Oh how I wish we were wrapping up day one!
    Just a reminder that the new show dates are October 1st-3rd. Thank you for the support you’ve all shown so far. I’m confident this will be the best show yet thanks to all of you!

#72 4 years ago

Cant wait!

#73 4 years ago

Well, the weather would have sucked.
    But yeah, wish I was heading to the Zoo today.
    Oh well, something to look forward to.

#74 4 years ago

That's an understatement... I'm currently looking at snowfall outside my window. Early Spring in Michigan sucks balls!

#75 4 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

That's an understatement... I'm currently looking at snowfall outside my window. Early Spring in Michigan sucks balls!

Ha, I'd be scrambling trying to figure out how to get my wife's car to drive there...I think I'd be screwed!

#76 4 years ago

Slackers! I’d already be there, hungover from hitting five breweries on the way Thursday.

#77 4 years ago

I pretended to load up my game and make the trek East Bound and down.

#78 4 years ago

I had a funny feeling all day yesterday. So today I decided to lug a game up from the basement, wedge it into the car, and drive it around for a while.

To help complete the feeling, I’ll leave it in the car overnight, and unload it tomorrow morning with a killer hangover.

A7D4D523-C4B3-4FF8-BC44-92C5BD31A737 (resized).jpegA7D4D523-C4B3-4FF8-BC44-92C5BD31A737 (resized).jpeg
    #79 3 years ago
    Quoted from djblouw:

I had a funny feeling all day yesterday. So today I decided to lug a game up from the basement, wedge it into the car, and drive it around for a while.
    To help complete the feeling, I’ll leave it in the car overnight, and unload it tomorrow morning with a killer hangover.

I pretended that I went to the Schudel after party. I made sloppy joes, cheese, crackers and meat tray, veggie tray and a bowl of peanut M&M's. I even made a donation jar. Then I played on my $900 Genie machine and wished it was Mike's AFM or CV. Sadly, it's still just a Genie so I pretended to auction it off to the highest bidder at the SaturDayhuff auction. Regrettably, it only brought $475.

#80 3 years ago

When do I get my new Genie??

#81 3 years ago
    Quoted from Underspin:

I pretended that I went to the Schudel after party...

Hard to play dollar games by yourself

#82 3 years ago
    Quoted from nerbflong:

When do I get my new Genie??

You won it at my imaginary auction so hopefully it made it to your house OK

#83 3 years ago

I went ahead and imagined I won best 90's game again! Except this year I won it in sideways mode

IMG_20200421_171823 (resized).jpgIMG_20200421_171823 (resized).jpg
    #84 3 years ago
    Quoted from Underspin:

You won it at my imaginary auction so hopefully it made it to your house OK

I'd imagine so.

#85 3 years ago

The only thing is , you can't imagine SweetWaters...

#86 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

The only thing is , you can't imagine SweetWaters...

They are open for take out, or maybe they can ship them to you?

John

#87 3 years ago

I've been pretending that I went to the show with some cash, "just in case".
    Bought a game that I had no intention of buying, tried to find space for it, and have been ordering parts to clean a fix "just a few" things.

#88 3 years ago

I am happy that the next one (hopefully) will be in October instead of a year from now.

#89 3 years ago

It will be interesting to see the fall colors.

#90 3 years ago

To pretend i was there, i had my family crop dust me all day while i played pinball. Felt like a show to me!

#91 3 years ago

Lets unite but showing off our PATZ swag from years past. Anyone remember these?
    John

IMG_0137 (resized).JPGIMG_0137 (resized).JPG
    1 month later
    #92 3 years ago

Positive bump, been following Michigan phases and slowly looking good.

#93 3 years ago
    IMG_3847 (resized).JPGIMG_3847 (resized).JPG
    2 months later
    #95 3 years ago

According to the schedule....

https://www.kalcounty.com/parks/expo/expocalendar.php

My favorite show. Hopefully next year !

#96 3 years ago

It still shows as in october on the Pinball at the Zoo website.

#97 3 years ago

Unfortunately the 2020 Pinball at the Zoo' show is officially cancelled. We are incredibly sad to announce this and we are sure all of you are just as upset!

In more positive news, we have dates for 2021! Mark your calendars for April 15-17, 2021.

If you pre purchased tickets, we ask for you to hold onto those tickets for the 2021 show. This would help the show out a ton as we move forward to 2021. As you could guess, the show has experienced some financial strain. Your ticket will automatically turn into a 2021 ticket if you do not contact me. Keeping your ticket also locks in the current prices (which will go up for 2021). We understand everyone's situation is different, so if you need a refund please contact me (Alex) at [email protected]. Please be patient while we process refunds.

Thanks for your patience as we navigated this extremely hard time. We miss all of you, but most of all stay safe.

See you in 2021!

#98 3 years ago
    Quoted from harmon1728:

Unfortunately the 2020 Pinball at the Zoo' show is officially cancelled. We are incredibly sad to announce this and we are sure all of you are just as upset!
    In more positive news, we have dates for 2021! Mark your calendars for April 15-17, 2021.
    If you pre purchased tickets, we ask for you to hold onto those tickets for the 2021 show. This would help the show out a ton as we move forward to 2021. As you could guess, the show has experienced some financial strain. Your ticket will automatically turn into a 2021 ticket if you do not contact me. Keeping your ticket also locks in the current prices (which will go up for 2021). We understand everyone's situation is different, so if you need a refund please contact me (Alex) at [email protected]. Please be patient while we process refunds.
    Thanks for your patience as we navigated this extremely hard time. We miss all of you, but most of all stay safe.
    See you in 2021!

Looking forward to it!!

#99 3 years ago
    Quoted from harmon1728:

See you in 2021!

Obviously disappointed, but very much support your decision. Can't wait til next year.

#100 3 years ago
    Quoted from harmon1728:

See you in 2021!

Ditto, disappointed, but this eventually seemed inevitable. I’ll most of all miss seeing folks. Thanks for all the work involved in putting on this show, and in making the attempt to keep it alive even this year!

There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2020-patz-official-pinball-at-the-zoo-thread-april-16-18-2020/page/2?hl=ulekstore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.