(Topic ID: 259872)

2020 Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show thread! (6/5-6/7)

By nwpinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    Northwest Pinball Summer Camp (resized).jpg
    Northwest Pinball Summer Camp logo (resized).jpg
    Pinball Arcade Show-poster-final (resized).jpg
    p1 (resized).jpg
    p2 (resized).jpg
    p3 (resized).jpg
    p4 (resized).jpg
    p5 (resized).jpg
    p6 (resized).jpg
    p7 (resized).jpg
    p8 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pb456.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 4 years ago

I'm bringing my wife this time (we're from AK)- we've already got plane tickets and hotel room paid up.

I volunteered for several things on the site, but not sure if I need to buy a ticket also? I assume if I'm not needed as a volunteer for the events I'm signed up for, I'll need to get a ticket?

Suggestions?

I would like to see a wider selection of craft beers at the event, and for the education seminars, would love to have more time with the experienced repair people - loved to listen to John's Jukes guy. Would love to hear tips on running your own tournament as well as some 'chart' that could be used to host pingolf tournaments. I know the pingolf tournaments on-site had scoring charts, and think I know how to make my own (four players varying skills, average results) - but would be great if there were a 'master' available to use for our own small tourneys in AK!

Games there were fantastic, the few 'really' old ones were having trouble to keep running, EMs were mostly great, and really enjoyed the late 70s and early 80s vids. Really liked the army of techs on-site to fix the games!

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from DumbAss:

There is a "junior medic" position. If you're interested in repair but lack qualifications or experience then sign up for this. You will increase your experience over the 3 days.

Yes, I'm signed up as a junior medic. Not sure what qualifications or experience I need, but I have fixed my own pins for a few years now, and several "good deals" I've gotten from outsiders. I'm ok with being a Junior medic

#33 4 years ago

Well I'm excited to go again this year. Even bringing extra money to possibly pick up a game!

2 weeks later
    #43 4 years ago

We bought plane tickets and hotel reservations, I don't want to try to get our money back!

#55 4 years ago

Dang, I was hoping that June we would be out of it, but doesn't seem like it now. We'll be back next year.

Alaska Airlines (because we bought the super saver tickets) wants $125/each to cancel - as of now they'd waive the fee if the trip was from now until the 31st of May, but since we missed the cut-off we're out. They might change the cut-off, and I'm hoping for a great show next year after we're over this crud.

Thank you for letting us know! nwpinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pb456.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2020-northwest-pinball-amp-arcade-show-thread-6-5-6-7?tu=pb456 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.