(Topic ID: 259872)

2020 Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show thread! (6/5-6/7)

By nwpinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    Northwest Pinball Summer Camp (resized).jpg
    Northwest Pinball Summer Camp logo (resized).jpg
    Pinball Arcade Show-poster-final (resized).jpg
    p1 (resized).jpg
    p2 (resized).jpg
    p3 (resized).jpg
    p4 (resized).jpg
    p5 (resized).jpg
    p6 (resized).jpg
    p7 (resized).jpg
    p8 (resized).jpg
    There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

Hey silver ballers, the 13th annual Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show takes place June 5-7, 2020 at the Greater Tacoma Convention Center!

Along the lines of go big or go home, this year we are expanding into the second room and taking over the entire 5th floor of the convention center, so the show will nearly double in size! That means we are looking for more games, more vendors and your ideas on how to fill this space with fun and entertainment. This show draws nearly 5,000 people and we are hoping to greatly expand the number vendors, homebrew games, pinball companies, etc.

#2 4 years ago

We put on a community-run non-profit show, possibly the one like this in the nation? Everyone that helps put on the show does so as a volunteer.

Our first planning meeting for this year's show takes place Saturday, February 1st in Redmond, WA at 10am. Interested in getting involved? Message me for more information!

We are especially looking for ideas for filling the bigger space. We want more games, more vendors but also new fresh ideas. Expand the VR? The DDR? What do you or your kids like best? A bigger homebrew space? A pinball/arcade maker space? Console games? A bigger Kid's Zone? More rare game and whitewoods? More EMs? More chill space? More local arcades represented? Let's make this happen!

1 week later
    #3 4 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

We put on a community-run non-profit show, possibly the one like this in the nation? Everyone that helps put on the show does so as a volunteer.
    Our first planning meeting for this year's show takes place Saturday, February 1st in Redmond, WA at 10am. Interested in getting involved? Message me for more information!
    We are especially looking for ideas for filling the bigger space. We want more games, more vendors but also new fresh ideas. Expand the VR? The DDR? What do you or your kids like best? A bigger homebrew space? A pinball/arcade maker space? Console games? A bigger Kid's Zone? More rare game and whitewoods? More EMs? More chill space? More local arcades represented? Let's make this happen!

I would love to see the flipperless pinball games from the 1930’s to the wood rails from the 1950’s as well as pinball machines that I’ve never got to played in my life such as Defender, Warlok, Solar Fire, Laser Cue, Pharaoh, Laser Ball, Tri Zone, Time Warp, Pokerino, Millionaire, Bad Cats, Transporter the Rescue, Big Bang Bar, Contact, Disco Fever, Hot Tip, Lucky Seven, World Cup, Magic Girl, etc.

#4 4 years ago

1st planning meeting this Saturday at 10am, lunch will be provided along with playin' pinball after the meeting. Message me for details on the location.

#5 4 years ago

The first pinball and arcade repair party of the season is now scheduled! It will be Sunday, February 23rd, from 11am - 8pm at Jame's house in Milton. PM me for the address.

Bring boards, monitors, power supplies and full games to work on! Bring tools and parts and help others! No time like the present to start getting your games in good working order so you can bring them to the Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show this June!!! There will be local experts available for consultation and advice, testing equipment and games to play. If you need help on a specific game or board, post ahead of time about it and we can try to make sure someone is able to test or help you with it.

1 week later
    #6 4 years ago

Is your company or barcade interested in becoming a sponsor of the Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show?

We would love for you to be part of our show as a sponsor, tabling the event, donating products to give away as prizes, or all three! Below is information about the various sponsorship levels. Don't hesitate to contact us if you are interested in participating in any way, we look forward to hearing from you! If you're interested in coming to town for the show, we have discounted hotel rates for show guests at many nearby hotels.

Limited Edition Pinball $5,000 Corporate Sponsorship Level:
    This level of sponsorship is designed for large non-game related corporate sponsors. You have more money and you'd like to be associated with and help out our non-profit show. It includes everything a Gold level sponsorship does, plus extra perks that can be negotiated, including corporate branding of show commercials and merchandise, product placement during the show, logo and sponsorship of events at the show, etc. Feel free to bring proposals to the table.

Gold Pinball $1500 Sponsorship Level:
    Sponsor LOGO inclusion on promotional materials, including 2,000 color posters
    Sponsor LOGO w/link displayed on nwpinballshow.com
    Sponsorship mentions on Facebook, Twitter and other social media
    2 sponsor banners for your company may be hung at venue during entire show
    Booth/Tabling at the show included in the sponsorship
    One full-page color advertisement in the show program
    Company named as official sponsor in show program
    Can distribute flyers & promotional materials in lobby entrance to show
    4 mentions per day over the PA as sponsor during the show
    4 weekend passes to the Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show

Silver Pinball $1000 Sponsorship Level:
    Sponsor LOGO inclusion on promotional materials, including 2,000 color posters
    Sponsorship mentions on Facebook, Twitter and other social media
    1 sponsor banner may be hung at venue during entire show
    2 mentions per day over the PA as sponsor during the show
    2 weekend passes to the Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show

Beginner Pinball $500 Sponsorship Level:
    Sponsor LOGO inclusion on 2,000 color posters
    1 mention per day over the PA as sponsor during the show
    2 weekend passes to the Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show

Interested in being a sponsor? Contact Dan Halligan at [email protected] today!

#7 4 years ago

Are you interested in being a vendor at this year's Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show? The show is June 5th-7th, 2020

The show draws nearly 5,000 people over 3 days. The Northwest is home to a huge collector scene, more barcades and games on location than anywhere else in the world, pinball tournaments every night of the week and many of the world's top pinball players. Why? Because pinball is huge here. There is also a lot of tech money, which is why the home/collector market is so big. Lots of people come to our show and they come to buy pinball and arcade games, parts, mods, shirts, etc.

All booths include power, WiFi, draped tables, chairs, a listing as vendor in program, and promotion on show website and social media. Additional booth options may be purchased through the show from the venue. Booth prices:

Size Cost 3-Day Passes Included
    10' x 10' $200 2 included
    10' x 20' $400 3 included
    10' x 30' $600 4 included

Interested in vending? Reserve a booth today. We are expanding our space to the entire 5th floor of the Tacoma Convention Center this year so booth space not quite as limited in past years, but we expect it to sell out by the end of March. Contact Jeff at [email protected]

#8 4 years ago

The Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show is revamping it's program this year, it should be a lot more fun and an essential item that all 5,000 attendees pick up at the show! It's a great place to advertise your pinball and arcade related products and business to reach an audience of collectors and fans!

Program ad prices:
    Full Page - $250
    Half Page - $180
    Quarter Page - $100

Ad deadline is April 30th 2020, email [email protected] to reserve space today!

#9 4 years ago

The show is a non-profit event completely run by volunteers. Everyone that helps put it on, staffs the desks, repairs games, drives trucks, helps with set up and break down and brings games do so for free to help promote our hobby and put on a kick ass show!

We need your help both staffing the show and helping build the biggest arcade ever in the Pacific Northwest! The volunteer sign ups for working the show and bringing games is now live, join your community to help make this the best show ever:
    https://volunteer.nwpinballshow.com/

There are incentives like free passes and merch, but really this is about getting involved in the collecting community to work together to put on a fun weekend for the public. Thanks!!!

#10 4 years ago

The Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show Board is pleased to announce that applications for our 2020 scholarship are now being accepted via theWashBoard.org!

One $5,000 scholarship will be awarded to a local student pursuing a degree in an industry associated with pinball and arcade fields. These fields include, but are not limited to, areas such as computer science, graphic arts, mechanical and electrical engineering. The winner of this scholarship will be announced at the closing ceremonies of the 2020 show.

https://washboard.wsac.wa.gov/login.aspx

#11 4 years ago

The show will transport your games if you volunteer 3 or more! If you want to bring a bunch of games and rent your own truck, talk to me, we can help with the rental fee.

Incentives for self-transported games:
    1-2 Machines = 1 weekend pass, 5 $1 raffle tickets
    3-4 Machines = 2 weekend passes, 5 $1 raffle tickets
    5-9 Machines = 4 weekend passes, a tshirt, 10 $1 raffle tickets, 1 $20 raffle ticket
    10+ Machines = We would like to know what you would like + a $50 gift certificate to any Show vendor!

Incentives for games we transport:
    3 Machines (minimum) = 1 weekend pass, 5 $1 raffle tickets
    4-7 Machines = 2 weekend passes, 10 $1 raffle tickets
    8-12 Machines = 4 weekend passes, a tshirt, 10 $1 raffle tickets
    13+ Machines = We would like to know what you would like. + a $50 gift certificate to any Show vendor!

If you buy a new in box Stern Pin that's set up in the Marco booth for the show, that counts in the incentives above. We will have more information about the games available and pricing a little closer to the show.

#12 4 years ago

Ticket sales for the show just went live, get 'em while they are hot!

http://nwpinballshow.com/tickets

#13 4 years ago

We need an event (on this site) so we can advertise that we are going to it.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from DumbAss:

We need an event (on this site) so we can advertise that we are going to it.

Getting there, I needed tickets to go live first

#16 4 years ago

Great repair party on Sunday, big thanks to James for hosting! It was cold, but we worked on a bunch of pins and a few arcade monitors and fixed a few games and got some other projects moving along. It's always fun to throw down on Jame's killer collection too.

p1 (resized).jpgp1 (resized).jpgp2 (resized).jpgp2 (resized).jpgp3 (resized).jpgp3 (resized).jpgp4 (resized).jpgp4 (resized).jpgp5 (resized).jpgp5 (resized).jpgp6 (resized).jpgp6 (resized).jpgp7 (resized).jpgp7 (resized).jpgp8 (resized).jpgp8 (resized).jpg
    #17 4 years ago

Pinball and arcade repair party!

When: Saturday, March 21st, 12-7pm

Where: Tik Tok's Workshop, 1216 Sylvan Way, Bremerton, WA 98310

Details: There will be plenty of space, tables, and expertise to assist you with any repairs you may need on pins and vids. This is a 21+ barcade, the bar will be open and full game line up will be on.

#18 4 years ago

Check out the awesome 2020 poster for the Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show designed by Randy Martinez! Randy has over 30 years of professional experience as an illustrator and designer. You may recognize his artwork from Stern's 2019 comic book art version of their Star Wars pinball game. Along with creating artwork for Stern, Randy has created official art for Marvel, The San Francisco Giants, Jaws, Jurassic Park, Aliens, Harry Potter, Lord Of The Rings and more.  His art has been published on trading cards and apparel and has been in books and prints. He's also written and co-authored a few books on illustration.

Pinball Arcade Show-poster-final (resized).jpgPinball Arcade Show-poster-final (resized).jpg
    #19 4 years ago

Are you interested in getting more involved in the Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show or do you want the inside scoop on what's happening? Come to a planning meeting! There are definitely some higher level volunteer opportunities open this year for people that want to get more involved and this is also a great place to bring ideas for the show to the table.

What: NW Pinball & Arcade Show planning meeting
    When: Sunday, March 8, 11am-1pm
    Where: Snohomish Chalet Pavilion, 1705 Terrace Ave, Snohomish, WA 98290

Lunch will be provided

#20 4 years ago

You guys... there's a lot of big stuff coming for this year's show. A lot of announcements coming soon!!!!

#21 4 years ago

I'm bringing my wife this time (we're from AK)- we've already got plane tickets and hotel room paid up.

I volunteered for several things on the site, but not sure if I need to buy a ticket also? I assume if I'm not needed as a volunteer for the events I'm signed up for, I'll need to get a ticket?

Suggestions?

I would like to see a wider selection of craft beers at the event, and for the education seminars, would love to have more time with the experienced repair people - loved to listen to John's Jukes guy. Would love to hear tips on running your own tournament as well as some 'chart' that could be used to host pingolf tournaments. I know the pingolf tournaments on-site had scoring charts, and think I know how to make my own (four players varying skills, average results) - but would be great if there were a 'master' available to use for our own small tourneys in AK!

Games there were fantastic, the few 'really' old ones were having trouble to keep running, EMs were mostly great, and really enjoyed the late 70s and early 80s vids. Really liked the army of techs on-site to fix the games!

#22 4 years ago

Hopefully we can get the record to over 500 games out on the floor for this year compared to the last 2 years. I would love to see more pinball.

#23 4 years ago

Cant wait!!

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from pb456:

for the education seminars, would love to have more time with the experienced repair people

There is a "junior medic" position. If you're interested in repair but lack qualifications or experience then sign up for this. You will increase your experience over the 3 days.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from DumbAss:

There is a "junior medic" position. If you're interested in repair but lack qualifications or experience then sign up for this. You will increase your experience over the 3 days.

And an hour conversation with DumbAss can give you a ton of great insight and info on pinball repair.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from pb456:

I volunteered for several things on the site, but not sure if I need to buy a ticket also? I assume if I'm not needed as a volunteer for the events I'm signed up for, I'll need to get a ticket?
    Suggestions?

If you email [email protected], Sarunya the Volunteer Coordinator can give you the scoop on ticket action for volunteering. I'm guessing you volunteered for enough stuff to get a pass for the weekend And big thanks for coming again, volunteering and bringing family! This year's show is going to be bigger and have rad stuff going on!!!

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from DumbAss:

Yes, I'm signed up as a junior medic. Not sure what qualifications or experience I need, but I have fixed my own pins for a few years now, and several "good deals" I've gotten from outsiders. I'm ok with being a Junior medic

#28 4 years ago

Chicago Gaming Company is coming out for the first time this year! Look for a big booth packed with games from Spooky, Jersey Jack Pinball and Chicago Gaming in conjunction with Game Exchange from Colorado. Chicago called excited with big plans and a real desire to support the show and bring other people with them. We love it and you'll love it!

#29 4 years ago

is there any impact to the show from virus scare?

#31 4 years ago

Guys I think it's a little early to call that one

#32 4 years ago

No impact currently, the ban on gatherings of 250+ runs through March 31st and the show is 3 months away. We are definitely talking about it, but the show planning is still ongoing, we are signing on new vendors and sponsors, ticket sales are ongoing and we expect the show to go on as planned in June.

#33 4 years ago

Well I'm excited to go again this year. Even bringing extra money to possibly pick up a game!

#34 4 years ago

Hopefully, this is an overblown media hyped flu. I think we will all be fine. Normal flu gets more people. So far. Hope I'm right

#35 4 years ago

Based on reading data analysis from Italy and China (from a physicist/engineer perspective), I think it could be pretty bad if we don't do things to curtail spread of coronavirus. If we do the right things, then I think the disease will be at manageable levels by the time of the NWPAS. And as of 3/12/20, I think the correct measures are being implemented.

Sure hope the show goes on - I have 3 games pledged, and look forward to spending a lot of time playing a ton of pinball in 3 days!

#36 4 years ago

Things are changing daily, it's pretty crazy. I think we will know in a few weeks where things are headed. The State of Washington is taking this virus seriously and is taking some serious steps to curb social events and encourage social distancing. I know my family, friends and co-workers are all taking it to heart. Our show is far enough away that it gives us some time to see how things develop.

Thanks for pledging games Adam! I'm planning on bringing 8 or 10. I might get some extra time to work on them have them in top shape over the next few weeks. The plus side to isolating ourselves at home more is more time to work on game projects and play our pins!

1 week later
    #38 4 years ago

We are negotiating with the venue right now and exploring options. Hopefully there will be some news within the next week.

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

We are negotiating with the venue right now and exploring options. Hopefully there will be some news within the next week.

Hopefully it’s good news. We don’t want to be left out sad and depressed with nothing to do since everything’s been cancelled.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Check out the awesome 2020 poster for the Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show designed by Randy Martinez! Randy has over 30 years of professional experience as an illustrator and designer. You may recognize his artwork from Stern's 2019 comic book art version of their Star Wars pinball game. Along with creating artwork for Stern, Randy has created official art for Marvel, The San Francisco Giants, Jaws, Jurassic Park, Aliens, Harry Potter, Lord Of The Rings and more.  His art has been published on trading cards and apparel and has been in books and prints. He's also written and co-authored a few books on illustration.[quoted image]

Where can a guy buy a poster to support the show if he can’t attend?

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Where can a guy buy a poster to support the show if he can’t attend?

or a t-shirt...

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Any updates? I hope the show will go on as planned.

#43 4 years ago

We bought plane tickets and hotel reservations, I don't want to try to get our money back!

#44 4 years ago

Way of the world right now. Hotel won’t charge you, airline will give you credit to use within a year

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Guys I think it's a little early to call that one

How things have changed!

#46 4 years ago

With a heavy heart, we have made the decision to cancel the 2020 Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show this June.

With the current ban on large events and the spread of COVID-19 it's too uncertain where things will be 2 months from now. Pinball and arcade shows are very hands on with person after person touching the buttons, joysticks, and controls of games. Even if the venue and city let the event go on it would be impossible for our volunteer staff to keep up with the rigorous sanitation demands. In the interest of public safety and the financial survival of the show we feel it's prudent at this time to make the decision to cancel. All tickets will be fully refunded and we are working with the venue to move our deposit to next year. In the meantime, we urge you to support local arcades, pinball leagues, game vendors, and other pinball and arcade related businesses and organizations as much as you can to keep our hobby alive and flourishing.

Thank you to the thousands of people that were planning on attending and the hundreds of people that volunteer their time and games every year to make the show happen. We do the show for you, you are our community and friends and we will get through this together.

#47 4 years ago

Totally understand the decision, but damn it still sucks. Thanks to all the people that have put in so much time already to make these shows happen.
    Till next year, stay safe and stay home. Cheers!!

#48 4 years ago

First TPF and now this... I understand the need to do it but it still sucks. At least there's pinball locations around here to frequent once the madness ends.

#49 4 years ago

This does suck...but the right call.

#50 4 years ago

Such a pity, but with travel and logistics problems right now, there's no telling when those problems can be resolved in order to put on the show.

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2020-northwest-pinball-amp-arcade-show-thread-6-5-6-7?hl=flashdaddy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.