(Topic ID: 259872)

2020 Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show thread! (6/5-6/7)

By nwpinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    Northwest Pinball Summer Camp (resized).jpg
    Northwest Pinball Summer Camp logo (resized).jpg
    Pinball Arcade Show-poster-final (resized).jpg
    p1 (resized).jpg
    p2 (resized).jpg
    p3 (resized).jpg
    p4 (resized).jpg
    p5 (resized).jpg
    p6 (resized).jpg
    p7 (resized).jpg
    p8 (resized).jpg
    There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

Such a pity, but with travel and logistics problems right now, there's no telling when those problems can be resolved in order to put on the show.

That's just it, there are too many unknowns. Even if the show could go on, the amount of money, work and time put into putting on the show is enormous. If we had a big attendance drop, we'd lose money and not be able to do bankroll another show. And that's if we could do the show, it's likely that while some restrictions will ease up in 2 months, that the ban on large public gatherings continues longer.

#52 4 years ago

So sorry to hear, was really looking forward to our first attendance. hope this all blows away soon

#53 4 years ago

Don’t worry guys, next year will be bigger and stronger than ever before. We’ll get through this y’all!

#54 4 years ago

It was the right call... tough one for sure....

Next year will be even better.

#55 4 years ago

Dang, I was hoping that June we would be out of it, but doesn't seem like it now. We'll be back next year.

Alaska Airlines (because we bought the super saver tickets) wants $125/each to cancel - as of now they'd waive the fee if the trip was from now until the 31st of May, but since we missed the cut-off we're out. They might change the cut-off, and I'm hoping for a great show next year after we're over this crud.

Thank you for letting us know! nwpinball

1 month later
    #56 3 years ago

The event page at https://pinside.com/pinball/events/2020-northwest-pinball-amp-arcade-show-2020 should be updated to reflect the unfortunate cancellation.

2 weeks later
    #57 3 years ago

It's a huge bummer we had to cancel the Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show next weekend, but in the spirit of adapting to the circumstances, a determined group of local pinball fans created a fun, online alternative called the Northwest Pinball Summer Camp! Join the Facebook group for all the discussions and event info. I'll live on the Skill Shot podcast, just one of the many pinball related events planned for next weekend!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/nwpinballsummercamp

Northwest Pinball Summer Camp logo (resized).jpgNorthwest Pinball Summer Camp logo (resized).jpg
    #58 3 years ago

Calendar of events... this will be growing!

Northwest Pinball Summer Camp (resized).jpgNorthwest Pinball Summer Camp (resized).jpg
    10 months later
    #59 2 years ago

I just heard from a reliable source that one of the organizers to the NW Pinball show has passed away.
    Chris Walsh had contracted Covid about 3 months ago and has spent most of that time in the hospital.
    He was scheduled to go home next weekend, but he had an unexpected heart attack.

I only got to know him thru some half dozen ZOOM calls of which we were both participants,
    that an informal west coast pinball group had been conducting on a bi-weekly basis during the past 12 months.

I am sure he will be missed by many.
    He was a big part of the NW pinball scene and had a big big impact.

RIP Chris

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png Added over 3 years ago:

Please Note :
    Chris Walsh did not use avatar or Pinside ID of ChrisVW.
    ChrisVW is totally different pin collector and NW Pinball organizer.
    Sorry for confusion.

Chris Walsh was krunch on pinside

#60 2 years ago

Condolences to his friends and family. I didn't know him but went to the show and it was big impact on me and getting into the hobby.
    RIP

#61 2 years ago

Yes, Chris passed yesterday, I think we are all still trying to process it. Sad times for the NW Pinball & Arcade Show family.

#62 2 years ago

Really sad to hear. Chris was such a nice guy. My wife and I would talk to him at the show each year.

#63 2 years ago

Oh, man. I used to go hang with Chris a Sunday or two a month to twiddle around on his machines, play pinball, shoot the shit, and eat Jimmy Johns. The gathering was known as Pinball Fuckery. Since Covid we had not been getting together other than to get him some new speakers for the garage. Chris was most excellent. My condolences to all of his family and friends, he will surely be missed. Please let me know if there will be any get together with his pinball friends, I would like to be there to share in his memories.

#64 2 years ago

I heard about his passing yesterday. He will be missed. He was a big organizer of the NW Pinball Show.

1 month later
    #65 2 years ago

This year's show (2021) was cancelled. I think next year the show will go on with a new organizer.

#66 2 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

This year's show (2021) was cancelled. I think next year the show will go on with a new organizer.

Just seeing this.
    My condolences to his family and friends and the whole NW pinball show group.
    I had the pleasure of talking to him several times and sold him a pin for the museum.
    Always sad to lose a member of the old guard and founders of pinball shows we all enjoy.
    RIP Chris and tune games up for us when we join you.

10 months later
    There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2020-northwest-pinball-amp-arcade-show-thread-6-5-6-7/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.